• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Free!

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
I lost count of how many times they took their shirts off.

First episode was kinda meh, I don't know if I will find these characters likeable down the road because I don't right now.

the best part of Free is reading /a/'s threads about it :p
i enjoyed it doesnt seem like its going to be a bad anime

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Only parts I enjoyed were:

a) The reference to Sakurai-sensei/Tsukumo-sensei from previous KyoAni series.

b) The self-degradating humor the main character had towards himself when he was younger, the jump cut from kid to adult in particular.

c) The almost Yu-Gi-Oh! style preparation to start a swimming duel in the abandoned swimming pool.

Rave

Banned
Reminds me of Umisho.

But not as good.

Lacks Momoko.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I like it. Better than Tamako Market, in any case

I hope they don't use the undressing joke too much though. Already pretty tired of it

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I'm kind of pleased that it's so unbelievably over-the-top, but at the same time... it's still a fanservice show. That makes it hard to really like, for me.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I'd say Tamako Market was better.

Really, my complaint with this was that they didn't really establish what they set up to do. Tamako Market was fine, it just kinda came off as a K-ON! clone. No complaint with that, but it didn't pull it off particularly well

It's like the equivalent of a gratuitous boob jiggle.

I've been sick of those for at least a year

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
This is wonderful Need more to watch!!!! The upcoming guy in the ending reminds me of Digimon season 2 Joe

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
First 21 seconds and two anal references, is this a subtle, yaoi pandering anime by any chance? Not that there's a problem with it, but characters solely for fanservice and anime aren't my cup of tea. There needs to be good characterization and plot for it to succeed, and I did some research on it and it just seems like a fanservicey show mainly.

Last edited:

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
First 21 seconds and two anal references, is this a subtle, yaoi pandering anime by any chance? Not that there's a problem with it, but characters solely for fanservice and anime aren't my cup of tea. There needs to be good characterization and plot for it to succeed, and I did some research on it and it just seems like a fanservicey show mainly.

I dont even think KyoAni has made a pure Fanservice anime. this anime will most likely have a plot its not just pure fanservice

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade

I would hardly call Free! "subtle" in its fanservicey nature.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature

That's what it seems to be, but really you never know???? I watched the first episode today, and it was really cute. It may start to get a decent plot later. : )

Xionea

Half a centaur
The main character reminds me of me but with an extremely chiseled body o.o (and he can actually swim. I can't swim for the life in me)

I was expecting the first episode to be much worse than I thought it would be due to a lot of peoples' hate on it. But the first episode was enjoyable. It looks like it'll get better later on down the road so I can't wait to see it. (I thought that with Tamako Market and boy was I wrong. Hope I'm not wrong this time)

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Maybe because this anime is targeted at my demographic, but I'm enjoying the heck out of Free! so far. I suppose the story could be deeper developed more, but it's only episode 1, and either way I don't think the story is bad at all so far. I'm having fun watching this.

Also, how did you guys not mention the ED yet. I'm almost disappointed.

Though I came to a conclusion that any newbs to anime might just google "free anime" and end up finding about this and I'm fine with that

D-did anyone else watch it using Commie?

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
Maybe because this anime is targeted at my demographic, but I'm enjoying the heck out of Free! so far. I suppose the story could be deeper developed more, but it's only episode 1, and either way I don't think the story is bad at all so far. I'm having fun watching this.

Also, how did you guys not mention the ED yet. I'm almost disappointed.

Though I came to a conclusion that any newbs to anime might just google "free anime" and end up finding about this and I'm fine with that

D-did anyone else watch it using Commie?

ive listened to the ED so many times today its super catchy and hilarious. i watched with Horrible Subs. I dont usually tend to wait for Commie. :p but i did see what they did and it was amazing

Last edited: