• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Friday: Pokémon XY - Event Download Methods

S

SerebiiBot

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

More...

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Events are also locked to the console's language, rather than the game so if you're playing a Japanese game in English, you will receive Japanese events but Japanese games in English cannot receive North American events and vice versa.

This is very confusing, as it doesn't make a lick of sense. You state that the events you receive are dependant on the language of "your console" and NOT the language you play the "game" in. Yet your comparisons all use the word "game" rather than "console".

Do you perhaps mean... If you play Pokemon X/Y on a Japanese 3DS, then you can only receive Japanese events, even if you choose Italian/French/German from the games language menu...?

If so, then thats a better way of putting it.

Last edited:

rocky505

The games have multi languages in them. So you can play the Japanese version with English language.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
The games have multi languages in them. So you can play the Japanese version with English language.

I understand that perfectly. But as stated in the part i quoted, it says
Events are also locked to the console's language, rather than the game

Hence where the confusion comes in, because what if i own a UK "console", but i buy the Japanese "game", but i choose to play the game in German "language".

That should mean i can only access UK events, as my "Console" is registered as United Kingdom.... but the way Serebii has worded it, he uses the term "game" for his explanations... so that could mean Japanese(as thats where the game is from) or German(as that's the language i'm playing).

I'm just looking for the statement on the news page to actually use one consistent term, rather than confuse the matter.

It also raises the question, that lets say for example, events you can access are determined by the language you play the game in, and nothing else... whats to stop someone from keeping to hand a copy of the game to do nothing with but reset over and over, changing the language, and accessing all the events for each language?

Last edited:

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
Well since the games are already region locked, you first of all wouldn't be able to play the Japanese game on a UK console. What the page is saying is that if you have the Japanese version and you play in German, you can only get Japanese events not any German events.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Well since the games are already region locked, you first of all wouldn't be able to play the Japanese game on a UK console. What the page is saying is that if you have the Japanese version and you play in German, you can only get Japanese events not any German events.

Ok see, that's a great response, thanks Sam. That's much clearer.

Last edited:

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
This is very confusing, as it doesn't make a lick of sense. You state that the events you receive are dependant on the language of "your console" and NOT the language you play the "game" in. Yet your comparisons all use the word "game" rather than "console".

Do you perhaps mean... If you play Pokemon X/Y on a Japanese 3DS, then you can only receive Japanese events, even if you choose Italian/French/German from the games language menu...?

If so, then thats a better way of putting it.

Perhaps language was a poor choice of word. I switched the word to region.

All 3DS games are region locked so you can't play a Japanese game on a European console.

Essentially Japanese games can only get Japanese events regardless of the language and the same with everything else. It makes perfect sense

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
Don't worry Serebii. I think he got it already :3

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
Well shoot.
There goes my dreams of wordwide Wi-Fi events.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So if someone with a Japanese 3ds in America has Pokemon X/Y, can he/she get the wi-fi Japanese events?

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
So if someone with a Japanese 3ds in America has Pokemon X/Y, can he/she get the wi-fi Japanese events?

As long as the version of the game is Japanese and you have wifi. It does not matter where you are.

lunatic-neko

Collector & Breeder
Perhaps language was a poor choice of word. I switched the word to region.

All 3DS games are region locked so you can't play a Japanese game on a European console.

Essentially Japanese games can only get Japanese events regardless of the language and the same with everything else. It makes perfect sense

I may be a bit late to this topic but I have a question that fits it quite well:
I'm from Germany, thus having a European console and game. However, I'm currently living in Japan, so I was wondering if it was possible for me to receive Japanese events now or if I will still only be able to receive the European events.