• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Friday: Pokémon Announcement + Mystery Dungeon Password

S

SerebiiBot

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

04-01-2013 08:42 GMT / 03:42 EST by Serebii News is in a bit of a slump at the moment, so we're taking this time to enhance various parts of the site. However, news will start coming over the next few days. If you have any ideas for the site, be ...

More...

philzone

Ready for trumpets
Wow. This is going to be big. RSE remakes... Gen 6 even... Maybe another crossover (I'm hoping a spectrobes crossover)... The first Mainstream pokemon game... ON 3ds... Gen 3 and 5 starters released world wide... All we know is... it all kicks off on jan 8 2013...

Pokemon Power

I think the announcement is gonna be a third version of Black and White 2. Think about it. Generation III's order of games was main duo, side duo, third version. And Generation IV's was main duo, third version, side duo. I think Generation V's pattern will be side duo, main duo, third version, if you know what I mean.

Pspaans

X&Y Fan
I will be very dissapointed if it's an announcement of pokémon grey and/or grey 2. I never played R/S/E, so I hope it is. But a new generation could be more fun!

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
It can only be one of two things- R/S remakes or Gen 6. Either one will be very welcome.

Ver-mont

The last time I recall a simultaneous announcement in Japan and US, it was the reveal of Reshiram and Zekrom and the box art for BW (we only knew the game names then).

It will probably be something that big.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
The last time I recall a simultaneous announcement in Japan and US, it was the reveal of Reshiram and Zekrom and the box art for BW.

It will probably be something that big.

Actually, it was last year announcing B2W2 and showing off Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, if my memory serves correct, but yea, it's going to be something huge.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
To c/p something I've posted elsewhere:

Considering that it's from Junichi Masuda himself, there's a huge ticking countdown clock of doom in every region, BW2's been released in Japan for about six months now, all of the legendaries have been released in most of the major Pokemon media, the shiny Genesect movie is supposed to feature two Pokemon that haven't been mentioned yet, pretty much every Pokemon besides a few can be obtained between Gen V carts, add-ons, and events, that thing called a 3DS that GameFreak's had like four years to play with (they were one of the first to receive a dev kit for it)...

Considering all of that, at this point, it's extremely likely that this will be Gen VI. There's a small chance that it could be the last games of Gen V, like an RSE remake/sequel/fourth version/prequel/Theatrhythm, very possibly, but this announcement is definitely nothing less than a full-blown Pokemon RPG.

It's something to be excited for, that's fishizzle.

Yea, you're correct Lit. This is what we got when Black 2 and White 2 were announced. But yes, this is pretty big. The suspense is getting to me.

Which was only in Japan, not international.

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer
I'm calling for Gen 6! More Eeveeutions please let it be so!!!! ^^

adamfitz

poké-lover
So excited for gen 6, can't wait!
Would prefer a whole new region and set of Pokemon than rse remakes.

Last edited:

Pokénaut

I doubt Gen 6 would be released so soon. Maybe R/S/E remake or some kind of Pokemon Black 1 & 2-esque combo game. If Gen 6 is announced... Game Freak will have officially rustled our jimmies.

Misty#1

AAML~DAML~KADL~CABL
I doubt Gen 6 would be released so soon. Maybe R/S/E remake or some kind of Pokemon Black 1 & 2-esque combo game. If Gen 6 is announced... Game Freak will have officially rustled our jimmies.
I agree with Pokénaut and all the other people who have said similar things; I suspect that if new games are to be released, they are likely to be remakes. Probably of R/S/E, since they are due for remakes. Although it could be something else entirely, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is something completely unexpected. I'm really looking forward to this announcement...I wonder what it is? I can't wait!!!

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
My Predictions: Possibly a Gen 6 for the 3DS, that's why its such a big announcement because the next Gen is being released so early but it also can mean added to the fact that it maybe the final Gen they will create. That Pokemon, the main games and the anime maybe ending. Unfortunately lots of things in the world don't last forever. They maybe going out on a high note instead of a fizzled out one. (BUT I AM HOPING I AM WRONG ABOUT THE SECOND PART) Or it could be the Ruby/Sapphire remakes. I'll definitely welcome both.

My Other Predictions: It could also just be some blown out of proportion-type news like just a Meloetta download, or 1 of those sequels to those other Pokemon games I don't play like another Mystery Dungeon, Pokepark, Rumble Blast or another Conquest. I'll definitely be disappointed if its 1 of those.

My Hopes: That it's either a new gen, R/S remake or a New Pokemon 3D Battle Game for the Wii U, where all the Pokemon have been redesigned and are all in HD with out of this world animation moves, better announcer and more variety. That's why it took them 6 years to make another one. Seeing as Battle Revolution was awful to me.

My Predictions: Possibly a Gen 6 for the 3DS, that's why its such a big announcement because the next Gen is being released so early but it also can mean added to the fact that it maybe the final Gen they will create. That Pokemon, the main games and the anime maybe ending. Unfortunately lots of things in the world don't last forever. They maybe going out on a high note instead of a fizzled out one. (BUT I AM HOPING I AM WRONG ABOUT THE SECOND PART)

Yea, I hope you are as well. Since they want to evolve the world of Pokemon now, I don't think they'll stop right after taking their next big step.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Yes, since it was said Pokemon will evolve in 2023, I highly doubt its ending.
Maybe both rse remakes and gen 6
Maybe one will be on Ds and the other 3ds

Well only 2 days until we see

Castform07

I think its either a new gen, or they have decided to make remakes of Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald... 3 different game remakes.....THAT would be big...

Thoughts?

adamfitz

poké-lover
Was anything ever said about rse remakes?
It seems more logical to be a new gen, because even the anime seems like its coming to an end in unova

We may be wrong all together, could be somthing completely different?