• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Friend or Foe Alike! (081)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Friend or Foe Alike!

After finding out he will be battling Richie, Ash gets tricked by Team Rocket to get away from the Indigo Stadium just before the battle. With no form of transport, Ash is stuck there...can he get back to the stadium in time for the battle...or will he be forced to forfeit?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

charizard trainer #1

Ready to lose???
Does anyone else feel Ash would have won the match if he had time to put his team together? In other words i believe Ash was the better trainer.

poke_girl

The Amazing
I think it was good he lost.. It's not like everything else where the hero always wins

pikachu146

Ash is so stupid.Althrough Charizard won't obey,he can still use others.Pikachu against Butterfree,Squirtle against Charmandar, Bulbasaur against Richie's Pikachu.Then Ash can win.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
It's interesting how, just like in the last episode, Team Rocket fought as hard as they could to make sure they'd win this time. It's interesting how they keep coming back no matter how many times Ash stops them. I especially like when they hook him on the book and says they can have the bike back. :)

The people behind the show really did well in building the dramatic tension for this episode, wondering if Ash was going to make it back to the stadium on time, and he just barely does. Also, wondering if Charizard is finally going to obey Ash or not. At least Charizard took care of Zippo, but the end of the episode is so heartbreaking. I can really feel Ash's pain. :(

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
Ash could have won if he didn't trust in Charizard, but it's good that he didn't win. It helped him grow personally. The top 16 isn't that bad anyway (out of over 200 people)

This episode was pretty interesting. I know there were some funny quotes in this episode, but I can't seem to remember them.

7.5/10

X the.only.trainer.ever X

Just a lil' synth
All Charizard needed was a little motivation from Richie's Pikachu (i.e thunderbolt Charizard and i'm sure it would have been looking for a fight)

If that had happened i'm sure Ash would have won the match - I wanted Ash to win too,I just wasn't that into Richie

Aptenodytes

i like this episode because it is when ash lost in the indigo league! cmon, do you expect him to accually win the league on his first try? better richie than someone else

P

PokeTrainer7783

Hey if Ash (Satoshi) had won it it might've been the end of Pokemon. and it it was too soon to end the series. :D

V

Volt Tackle

Horrible! Team Rocket interupting is one thing, but Team Rocket actually wearing Ash down, now THAT is too far. Plus the battle seemed to rushed.

JONNO.FRESH

Meh. Richie beating Ash by default was lame. It should of been Pika VS Pika

Kabuto

little punks!
The one time I got angry at both Team Rocket and Charizard, for ruining Ash's match. Still, it would've been anticlimactic if Ash had just fought Richie in a normal battle. Still, stupid of Ash to use Squirtle when he knew Richie had charmander. Anyway, I'd love to see Richie return, just to see Ash cream him in a match.

charizardpal

Gmaster Charizardpal
I'd like to have seen Ash win. I mean, come on! Ash will NEVER return to Indigo Plateu or the Silver Conference or the Hoenn League! If Ash had won here, he would be a stronger person in the future leagues, have a claim to fame (better than stupid Max talking about how he watched a video of him at Johto), and it would be easier for writers to tie up all the loose ends when they reach the end of the series. (Whenever that is.)

Am I the only one annoyed that Ash never got to fight a climatic battle against the Elite Four?

Some_Random_Person

Abort, Retry, Fail?
I was disappointed with the battle, it was anti-climatic. When I was little, I was hoping Ash would win the Pokemon League and I was very disappointed that Ash did not win.

Battra

To bad Charizard and TR prevented Ash from having a good match with Richie I was looking forward to it, to bad the writers never have these two fight again in either the Johto or Hoen leagues the match would definitely be epic.