• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Friend vs. Friend Fire Team

DX 2401PT

Monitor
This is just so that I may improve the performance of my pride and joy, Fire Team. It has never failed in combat (in contrast to my Water Team, which, for some reason, never won in combat...), but in case my friends plot something specific against my current Fire Team...

Keep in mind that this is not for super competitive battling with those tiers and stuff. And don't ask HOW I got specific Pokemon. To me and my friends, it's not about how we get it, but what we do with it. In these 6 on 6 battles, anything and everything goes. If you have a Pokemon, you can use it. Even non-'legit' moves are allowed when we battle, as long as it was done via glitches. But following forum rules, I won't have any glitched moves here. Fire Team doesn't have any to begin with. And in case you feel the team below has too many Legendaries, keep in mind that this team generally faces things like Lugia, Mewtwo, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Darkrai. Like I said, anything and everything goes.

Fire Team Set 1 (strongest of all the other Fire Teams I have):

Groudon @ Liechi Berry
Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk). EVs: 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Ability: Drought
Rock Polish
Earthquake
Fire Punch
Thunderpunch

Sets up the all-important Sun for Fire Team. Rock Polish to boost the not-so-amazing Spd. Earthquake is Earthquake. Fire Punch for pseudo-STAB, Thunderpunch for those Water types that aren't touching the ground.

Arceus @ Flame Plate. Again, don't ask how I got it. I didn't use AR, but someone else I knew did...
Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk). EVs: 6 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd
Ability: Multitype
Judgment
Solarbeam
Earth Power
Ice Beam

Judgment does massive damage with STAB, Sun boost, and Flame Plate. Solarbeam takes advantage of the Sun and blasts Water types to oblivion. Also takes advantage of those who fill their teams with Water types because I said I'll be using Fire Team. Earth Power blasts other Fire types and Ice Beam is for Garchomp that survives Dragon Pulse and one-hit-KO Arceus with Earthquake.

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf.
Ability: Blaze
Eruption
Flamethrower
Solarbeam
Focus Blast

The only non-Legendary in this team. But for good reason. STAB, Sun boosted Choice Scarfed Eruption. It's more or less the weaker version of Choice Scarfed Kyogre's Water Spout. Flamethrower when Eruption becomes too weak from damage. If things go well, Typhlosion may have Blaze triggered, making Flamethrower actually stronger. Solarbeam for Water, Focus Blast for filler.

Shaymin-Sky Forme @ Wide Lens.
Timid (+Spd, -Atk). EVs: 6 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd
Ability: Serene Grace
Air Slash
Seed Flare
Earth Power
Giga Drain

The only Grass type in this team. Wide Lens is attached so I don't get screwed by terrible luck (missing Seed Flare and/or Air Slash). Air Slash for STAB + Serene Grace. Seed Flare for STAB and a hefty 80% chance of halving the opponent's Sp. Def. Earth Power for the Steel types that resist, Giga Drain for self-recovery.

Reshiram @ Choice Specs.
Ability: Turboblaze
Fusion Flare
Solarbeam
Earth Power
Dragon Pulse

Dragon Pulse shreds every non-Steel thing, Fusion Flare shreds all Steels thanks to Sun and Turboblaze. Earth Power demolishes Heatran, Solarbeam to take FULL advantage of the Sun. No Draco Meteor as I keep missing. Moves with Accuracy 90 generally misses more than Accuracy 85 moves for some reason. Aqua Tail, for example. Average of 6 hits per 10 tries.

Victini @ Life Orb.
Ability: Victory Star
Searing Shot
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Solarbeam

Final piece. Searing Shot for the 30% Burn rate. Thunderbolt blasts things like Gyarados and various Flying types. Psychic for STAB, Solarbeam for full Sun benefits.

Whew. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Different EV spreads/Natures too. The EVs are mostly the same because otherwise, I can't remember what Pokemon had what EV spread. Flat-out replacements are okay too, if you feel that it may have greater returns-per-cost(?) than one of the Pokemon listed.

Last edited:

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Are you able to somehow teach Victini V-Create?

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
Why do you have a grass pokemon on a "FIRE" team?

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Victini with V-Create is not an option for me (alas...).

Shaymin is in Fire Team despite being a Grass type because "Fire Team" is just my name for the team that works best in Sunlight. Fire Team Set 3 (weakest overall) consists of Ninetales (Drought) and 5 Grass types (all with Chlorophyl), for example. Similarly, my Water Team consists of Drizzle and stuff with Thunder/Hurricane in Set 1 while Set 3 primarily consists of stuff with Swift Swim.

Shockking

i dont know anymore
Then shouldn't it just be called a sun team?

Besides possibly giving some more HP EVs to a few of them, everything looks fine.

Aurath8

Focus Blast > Extrasensory on Typhlosion. Sun-boosted Flamethrower always does more damage than Extrasensory.

Dragon Pulse > Earth Power on Reshiram. Between your STABs and Solarbeam, you hit everything in the game at least neutrally, so there's no need for any extra coverage.

Giga Drain > Solarbeam on Shaymin to heal yourself. Next to Seed Flare, which has an 80% chance of lowering Spdef, Solarbeam is near useless. You can also use Leech Seed.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I tested this team and I made some changes (in bold in original post). I really hate accuracy 90 moves. They never hit as much as they should. Missed Draco Meteor 3 times in a row. That's 0.1% chance right there. I have better luck with ZAP CANNON.