• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Friendly 3-on-3 team

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
This is a team of some of my favorites that I made for battling between me and a buddy of mine. Keep in mind they're solely my faves and I'm not looking for EV spreads or anything like that (though appropriate Natures would suffice if they don't correctly go with them). I also sometimes use this team for Battle Tower.

Also, please keep in mind I don't have access to Platinum's move tutors.

Leafeon (aka Leaf Shredder)
Naive nature
Item: Wide Lens
Ability: Leaf Guard

Leaf Blade
Aerial Ace/X-scissor
Swords Dance
Grasswhistle

A decent physical sweeper/disruptor. Wide Lens increases Grasswhistle's accuracy, and while they're asleep, Swords Dance. Having trouble between choosing X-scissor or Aerial Ace, though the latter would be good against Heracross and the like.

Mismagius (aka Queen Shriek)
Modest nature
Item: Wise Glasses
Ability: Levitate

Shadow Ball
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Will-o-wisp/Calm Mind

My special attacker. Still trying to choose either to hinder opponents (Will-o-wisp) or power her up further (Calm Mind).

Bronzong (aka Ironwall)
Relaxed nature
Item: Light Clay

Gyro Ball
Light Screen
Explosion
Stealth Rock

Wall/annoyer. Puts up Stealth Rock, and can explode if in danger. I use Light Screen over Reflect since my threesome seems to get into tussles with special attackers more often than not for some reason.

So, tell me what you think, and if there's any way I can alter this threesome.

CheapChap

DIDDY DONUTS!
This is a team of some of my favorites that I made for battling between me and a buddy of mine. Keep in mind they're solely my faves and I'm not looking for EV spreads or anything like that (though appropriate Natures would suffice if they don't correctly go with them). I also sometimes use this team for Battle Tower.

Also, please keep in mind I don't have access to Platinum's move tutors.

Leafeon (aka Leaf Shredder)
Adamant nature
Item: Wide Lens
Ability: Leaf Guard

Leaf Blade
Aerial Ace/X-scissor
Swords Dance
Grasswhistle

A decent physical sweeper/disruptor. Wide Lens increases Grasswhistle's accuracy, and while they're asleep, Swords Dance. Having trouble between choosing X-scissor or Aerial Ace, though the latter would be good against Heracross and the like.

Adamant > Naive, since Leafeon needs all the attack he can have ( because his movepool just sucks, really). Also, Grasswhistle is unreliable ( with Wide Lens, it has and INCREDIBLE...60 Accuracy. yeah... no),so you might want to consider Return over it.

Mismagius (aka Queen Shriek)
Timid nature
Item: Leftovers

Shadow Ball
Psychic / Substitute
Thunderbolt
Will-o-wisp/Calm Mind

My special attacker. Still trying to choose either to hinder opponents (Will-o-wisp) or power her up further (Calm Mind).

Timid here, since it's best for her speed ( helps on sweeping). Also, Psychic doesn't have the best coverage, so Substitute could go over that. Helps you against status and lets you Calm Mind safely.

Bronzong (aka Ironwall)
Relaxed nature
Item: Light Clay

Gyro Ball
Light Screen
Explosion
Hypnosis / Reflect

Wall/annoyer. Puts up Stealth Rock, and can explode if in danger. I use Light Screen over Reflect since my threesome seems to get into tussles with special attackers more often than not for some reason.

On 3vs3, Stealth Rock doesn't help that much, since there's hardly any switching. You could go with Hypnosis for a Status move or Reflect, for a Dual-Screener moveset. Light Clay also helps on that.

So, tell me what you think, and if there's any way I can alter this threesome.

Changes in bold. Btw, 2/3 of your pokemons are fire weak. You might want to replace one of them ( but since they're your favorites... it's ok not to :D ). Just a suggestion though.

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
Hm, that's understandable. Maybe I could remove Grasswhistle so Leafeon would have both Aerial Ace and X-Scissor to go with. I know he has a limited movepool, but I like him anyway. ^^

I never did like using Subs too much...usually since they get broken immediately after I put them up anyways. I guess I could always use the Sub/Petaya combo with her.

Now that I think about it, Stealth Rock isn't too good in short battles...so maybe I'll do the dual-screening effect like you mentioned.

Thanks for your opinions.