• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Friendly fighting.

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
Hey guys, I'm going to do a team to fight my friend with soon, just want to get a decent team, nothing fancy because he isn't really good..
It's going to have a degree to it, and I do need to breed some, but other than that anything can change, as long as it's in reason.

No
OMGZ U NEEDZ DEM LEGENDAIREZ.

So this is going to be my team...

059.gif
@ Choice Band<-- WHY?!?! Adamant
4hp 252att 252spd Flash Fire
Flare Blitz
Wild Charge
Close Combat
Extremespeed

I got told to change expert Belt for Choice Band but why? Arcanine is best a suiciding and not switching in really. Most people would recommend Jolly because of the speed and all, but I would need a good reason to change it for me to start breeding for one.

373.gif
@ Leftovers Naive
116att 216spatt 176spe Intimidate
Dragon Dance
Fire blast
Earthquake

Outrage

Salamence.Honestly, this thing was powerful, and still is. Most video's don't see it in, but this is going to be good.

381.gif
@ choice specs SHINY :D
252spatt 252spd 6hp Levitate
Dragon Pulse
HP Fire 69
Surf
Psychic

Near on standard set, 69 fire is 'cuz 70 is for over-prepared teams :p. DP will be DM if someone gives good reason for it, and is there a better item?

485.gif
@ ??? Modest SHINY :D
No clue on EV's Flash fire
HP Grass 70
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Stealth Rock

I think this is normal Heatran, just to put up rocks.4444444444

620.gif
@ life orb Jolly
4hp 252 att 252spd Regenerator
Hi jump kick
Fake out
Rock slide
U-turn

The only thing you can change on this is the moves, but its simple, fake out and U-turn to heal.

214.gif
@ ??? Adamant/ Jolly
4hp 252att 252spd Guts
Megahorn
Close combat
Pursuit
Stone Edge

Never used one, want to try it, just a filler really... what's a goodmove set for it and where do I get it? I can get rid of this one at any given time, just mention something that can benefit my team in any way at all.

Thanks for reading, and remember : everything helps.

Last edited:

Ilan

Hey guys, I'm going to do a team to fight my friend with soon, just want to get a decent team, nothing fancy because he isn't really good..
It's going to have a degree to it, and I do need to breed some, but other than that anything can change, as long as it's in reason.

No

So this is going to be my team...

059.gif
@ Choice Band Adamant
4hp 252att 252spd Flash Fire
Flare Blitz
Wild Charge
Close Combat
Extremespeed

Right, i have no clue on the item, it's there to be there, it suicides with 2 attacks, extremespeed to clean up the weaker enemies. Most people would recommend Jolly because of the speed and all, but I would need a good reason to change it for me to start breeding for one.

You can use choice band for better damage sience you have no support moves it isn't a big problem

373.gif
@ Leftovers Naive
240 attack 12 special attack 252 speed Intimidate
Dragon Dance
Fire blast
Earthquake

Outrage

Salamence.Honestly, this thing was powerful, and still is. Most video's don't see it in, but this is going to be good.

You use only 1 special move and mostly on levitating/flying steels the fire blast can be enough for killing skarmory with less EV on it and high speed is crucial, earthquake is for heatran when you break his balloon

635.gif
@ Choice specs Modest
4hp 252spA 252spd Levitate
Draco Meteor
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast
Surf

Screw Timid 369 special attack is where it's at! This things wreaks havoc and is done, and moves or item though would be greatly appreciated.

I would prefer not using him and using volcarona or something else (if you want legendaries latios...) better he is pretty slow so.. it can't sweep..

260.gif
Torrent Chesto Berry

Rest
Stealth Rock
Curse
Avalanche

Don't know on item, EV's or nature or moveset really. This is a blind game right here. Need someone to set up rocks and stall. Rest and curse to stall for ages. Avalanche to hit hard with curse's ability or reducting speed. Help me out, and no saying use ferro for rocks because his better, I DON'T LIKE THAT THING! The main thing is, I heard this can stall and put down rocks. I want to know if this will be any good or if I should find something else that is not ferrothorn that lays down rocks quite well.

avalanche is weaker than STAB earthquake and have some flaws in coverage most steels wall you you need some other attacking move drop something for earthquake or waterfall

620.gif
Regenerator @ life orb Jolly
4hp 252 att 252spd
Hi jump kick
Fake out
Stone edge
U-turn

The only thing you can change on this is the moves, but its simple, fake out and U-turn to heal.

Stone edge is stronger than rock slide by a considerable 25 BP

214.gif
Guts @ Choice Scarf/life Orb Adamant
4hp 252att 252spd
Megahorn
Close combat
Stone edge
Pursuit

Never used one, want to try it, just a filler really... what's a goodmove set for it and where do I get it? I can get rid of this one at any given time, just mention something that can benefit my team in any way at all.

Stone edge + close combat= almost perfect coverage and use always (except in focus sash sets) guts pursuit trap ghosts and psychics

Thanks for reading, and remember : everything helps.

Cahnges in BOLD

That Salamence set.. run Dragon Dance / Fire blast / Earthquake / Outrage. If you want to keep DD + Special Attacks / Outrage run Hydro Pump over Dragon Pulse to heat Heatran / random stuff in the Rain.

The Swampert is even worse :(

Anyone with a Ferrothorn or something with HP Grass will destroy you. Just run this:

Swampert @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Special Defense
Relaxed

Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Roar / Protect

Standard set. Swampert is pretty bad overall right now. The above set at least lets you counter Dragon Dance Salamence and take on stuff like Tyranitar better.

On Heracross Guts + Stone Edge / Pursuit are probably the best combination but Moxie is ok to, and if you can plan Close Combat well enough you can sweep. But due to your incredible Dragon weakness (Specs Latios OHKOs everything) maybe drop Heracross for a Choice Band Scizor. It can do similar things to Heracross but means you don't instantly lose to Specs Latios or DD Salamence.

Ilan

The Salamence is from Smogon, and it's with my friend, so I won't really be expecting Heatran with baloon.

smogon isn't always right till heatran doesn't go to ubers (what will never happen) fire/dragon won't never get perfect coverage (except with reshiem who have turboblaze which nulifies heatran's ability) there are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many heatrans in OU.

... did you read the rest of my rate :(

You should edit the OP to show changes you made!

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
lol @ only 1 physical move on a DD Salamence set. Then you say it's great.

A Mamoswine would just troll this team, maybe put in a standed Bulk Up conk in the place of Heracross. Please check smogon if you are wondering the meaning of standard.

Skarmory over Swampert for SR set up.

I may do a fuller rate at some point...

Swagga09

On Arcanine run a choice band set with jolly nature

lol, get rid of dragon pulse for Earthquake PLEASE.

Last edited:

ThePlatypusKing

@Flame Orb Adamant/ Jolly
4hp 252att 252spd Guts
Megahorn
Close combat
Facade
Stone Edge

I use this set and it works really well
Megahorn for Grass and Pyschics
CC for Rocks, Steels, and Ice either of his STABs hits Darks
Facade is for filler as while he's Burned with the Guts boost it does MASSIVE damage to anything that resists Megahorn and Close Combat and Stone Edge because its an overall good move
Never used one, want to try it, just a filler really... what's a goodmove set for it and where do I get it? I can get rid of this one at any given time, just mention something that can benefit my team in any way at all

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
I might go with accuracy as my Hi Jump Kick always misses at critical moments, but how do you do the crossed out thing?

I got a lvl1 naive Bagon on Platinum, it's on black with Outrage and DD shame is spatt is 5 so I think IV is low...