• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Friendly warfare

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
Hey guys, I'm going to do a team to fight my friend with soon, just want to get a decent team, nothing fancy because he isn't really good..
It's going to have a degree to it, and I do need to breed some, but other than that anything can change, as long as it's in reason.

No
OMGZ U NEEDZ DEM LEGENDAIREZ.

So this is going to be my team...

059.gif
@ Expert Belt Adamant
4hp 252att 252spd Flash Fire
Flare Blitz
Wild Charge
Close Combat
Extremespeed

Right, i have no clue on the item, it's there to be there, it suicides with 2 attacks, extremespeed to clean up the weaker enemies. Most people would recommend Jolly because of the speed and all, but I would need a good reason to change it for me to start breeding for one.

373.gif
@ Leftovers Naughty
116att 216spatt 176spe Intimidate
Dragon Dance
Fire blast
Dragon pulse

Outrage

Salamence.Honestly, this thing was powerful, and still is. Most video's don't see it in, but this is going to be good.

635.gif
@ Choice specs Modest
4hp 252spA 252spd Levitate
Draco Meteor
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast
Surf

Screw Timid 369 special attack is where it's at! This things wreaks havoc and is done, and moves or item though would be greatly appreciated.

260.gif
Torrent Chesto Berry

Rest
Stealth Rock
Curse
Avalanche

Don't know on item, EV's or nature or moveset really. This is a blind game right here. Need someone to set up rocks and stall. Rest and curse to stall for ages. Avalanche to hit hard with curse's ability or reducting speed. Help me out, and no saying use ferro for rocks because his better, I DON'T LIKE THAT THING! The main thing is, I heard this can stall and put down rocks. I want to know if this will be any good or if I should find something else that is not ferrothorn that lays down rocks quite well.

620.gif
@ life orb Jolly
4hp 252 att 252spd
Hi jump kick
Fake out
Rock slide
U-turn

The only thing you can change on this is the moves, but its simple, fake out and U-turn to heal.

214.gif
@ ??? Adamant
4hp 252att 252spd
Megahorn
Close combat
?
?

Never used one, want to try it, just a filler really... what's a goodmove set for it and where do I get it? I can get rid of this one at any given time, just mention something that can benefit my team in any way at all.

Thanks for reading, and remember : everything helps.

Last edited:
you should try scarfing the heracross and putting stone edge and maybe night slash on it.
and if you mean where in-game you can get it, check the serebii pokedex.

and even with modest and specs, your hydreigon's not going to like the -2 SpAtk from draco meteor. i would try and breed for dragon pulse.

on swampert you could go with lum berry for the item, just to clear up rest immediately once.

on salamence, you should go jolly for speed, and get fire fang on it to deal with ice types that come up without having to switch out to arcanine and take more damage on him.
dragon claw is also another option if you find yourself getting killed to many times while locked in outrage.

im assuming you're leading with mienshao, since it's got fake out on it. but if you are, im not sure you want 2 weak to flying on the team, so maybe op for one or the other (i would choose scarf-cross and lead with swampert.) but if you stick with both, i would put either acrobatics on mienshao and have it hold a flying gem or aerial ace on heracross. as of you you would have problems dealing with opponent mienshaos with stone edge, since they'll outspeed everyone on your team save your own mienshao and your heracross. and maybe your swampert.

hope that helped.

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
Right don't worry about the hydregion because I can heart scale that back soon.
Is there a nature for the Swampert or maybe use a chesto berry because rest removes a status.
Heracross is the more likely to go because Mienshao is done but I do not even have a Heracross. Do you think there is anything else that can go there?
If Swampert is to have Stealth Rocks then I'll lead with that, mainly just to put them up. My friend might not expect it but I can stall him out with it then after his taken some effort on it Mienshao can hit hard with Fake out.
Salamence can run mixed, and seeing as how I already have some pure physical attackers I might attempt to run a mixed, any help there?

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
ohai.

DD boosted 'Mence will literally put your friend with one leg in a grave, and the other on a banana peel. However, you could take advantage of Mence's immense offensive stats and mix him.

]Salamence@Leftovers
]Naughty | Intimidate/Moxie(depends on preference)
252Atk | 252Spe | 6Def
• Dragon Dance
• Fire Blast
• Dragon Claw / Brick Break / Roost
• Outrage

Dragon Dance to become unparallelled in speed, Dragon Claw for reliability, Outrage for a quick killing spree. Fire Blast hits physical walls such as Ferrothorn, Skarmory, or Bronzong for great damage. There is no safe switch-in once you have at least one DD under you. Brick Break is an option if you like to break screens and profit from DD, also gets very good coverage with Outrage.
We're screwing special defense and making Mence a formidable physical shield while setting up; however, if you use Moxie, it's harder to set up, but it's incredibly easy to sweep once you do. Just beware of status.

idk, maby you can use Swampert as a full utility, Toxic/Rest/Stealth Rocks/Yawn or Waterfall. Functions as a status absorber, spreader and it can spread rocks too. If there is a Toxic immunity, shoot a Yawn that way for team support.

but if you run a mix mence you might as well put the last 4 EVs into SpAtk to boost the fire blast. or even better would be take some EVs out of attack and put those into SA cuz you've got DD to boost attack anyways.
like peacemaker said, there's no safe switch in after a DD, as it'll pretty much out speed everything and take out anything.

Right don't worry about the hydregion because I can heart scale that back soon.
Is there a nature for the Swampert or maybe use a chesto berry because rest removes a status.
Heracross is the more likely to go because Mienshao is done but I do not even have a Heracross. Do you think there is anything else that can go there?
If Swampert is to have Stealth Rocks then I'll lead with that, mainly just to put them up. My friend might not expect it but I can stall him out with it then after his taken some effort on it Mienshao can hit hard with Fake out.
Salamence can run mixed, and seeing as how I already have some pure physical attackers I might attempt to run a mixed, any help there?

as for swampert, anything that boosts defenses like impish would be nice. jolly could be used for speed and adamant could also be used for more attack. and chesto berry only clears sleep, but lum will clear any status, so you dont get burned or poisoned.
mienshao's a good choice too.

Last edited:

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
Right so Swampert for Impish.
Salamence for mixmence, EV into spatt.
But surely chesto is better because if I get burned rest screws me over.

theres no such thing as a perfect team. we can only try to make it as best as it can be for most situations.