• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Friends Til The End! (082)

Littlemyuu

Nice episode, sad that Ash lost...but somehow glad for Ritchie that he could enter the half finals ^^

Icefiyre

Banned
I remember watching this episode when I was about 9 or 10. It\'s a very emotional episode, I even found myself saying things aloud to the characters. Ash ends up losing the match to his best friend richie, but at the end he remembers all the great things about the Tournament and that even though he lost, In the end he and his Pokemon had gotten stronger and while these memories are showing, the FULL theme song plays. A great episode that can get anyone back into Pokemon.

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
That is probably one of the best episodes. I love how Ash starts crying, and Richie could care less. Charizard owns =D ;006; (Accept for Ash's.)

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
That is probably one of the best episodes. I love how Ash starts crying, and Richie could care less. Charizard owns =D ;006; (Accept for Ash's.)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Too bad Ritchie lost, but never mind.

Ash was so angry on Misty... it was funny..

5/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So right after Ash's pathetic battle against Richie, Richie goes and loses? Haha, how the mighty have fallen! I wish we had seen his whole battle though, and not just pieces of it. I guess they wanted to showcase more of Ash and Richie since this was their farewell episode, so they ignored the Pokemon battles. Ash going to the League stadium one last time really touched me. It meant he hadn't given up on his dream. 9/10 for the good ending.

Last edited:

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Ritchie was my favorite league rival before the awesome Tyson came about, he was actually the one who inspired me to nickname all my pokemon. This battle was so sad on Ash's part because Charizard wouldn't listen to him, I'm glad he's become a much better trainer since then.

JohnLee

So right after Ash's pathetic battle against Richie, Richie goes and loses?

I wish we had seen his whole battle and not just pieces of it. I guess they wanted to showcase more of Ash and Richie since this was their farewell episode.

Ash going to the Stadium one last time really touched me. It meant he hadn't given up on his dream. 9/10

Haha it's funny to me how I received the same message as you did. Ash didn't give up. I wish they had shown more of Ritchie's last battle too, but oh well.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
A decent episode. It sucks that Ash only got to the top 16. But i guess that's a good start considering it was his first league. I liked Ritchie's character and the end of this episode was great. Pikachu & Sparky working together made me smile :)

9/10 is what I give it overall.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Ash had every right to be upset about losing. His Pokemon were no where near full strength thanks to Team Rocket and of course Charizard was being a jerk. I really think Ash would have won if his Pokemon were at full strength and he could have used Pidgeotto instead of Jerk-a-zard.

G50

No longer posting
This was an ok episode. Ash definitely learned a lesson about taking a loss and just move on. He was moping around at 1st and going off on the others for awhile, which definitely wasn't a smart thing to do. I'm glad he finally understood, and after this Pokemon League, he was a lot better after every league loss in other regions. The closing ceremonies were very cool.

30/100

Aquarelle

Staff member
I was glad to see Ritchie lose the next battle, since I was mad that he beat Ash (this aired when I thought Ash was cool xD).

I liked the part where they were holding the closing ceremony or whatever for the Pokemon League. I always liked watching all the participants walk out onto the field at the same time with their Pokemon. It reminds me of the Olympics.
I don't think it said who won the league, but I wish it did. :/

I didn't really like how Ash and Ritchie were still friends at the end of the episode...because if I were Ash, I would probably still be furious for losing to Ritchie! :p

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
People need to get off of Ash's balls about getting angry. Ash has lost three leagues after that for over 10 years and he hasn't cried or complained about any of his league loses since. If it were me, I'd be *****in' right about now.

ESKI514

From a Flygon Era
I really liked the episode although Team Rocket's interferance almost messed it up.

I agree that Team Rocket felt even more like forced filler than usual. This episode wasn't centered around one of their schemes; they just happened to get in the way while Ash was recuperating from his League experience. This is one of the few episodes I watched the whole way through (most of this season I watched while gaming), but as the final episode of the Indigo League it plainly shows how played-out the Team Rocket shtick became during the first season. I mean, how many times have we seen Team Rocket dig a pit, capture Pikachu in an electrically resistant whatever, then battle with Weezing and Arbok only to get owned by their own Smog and some sort of fire attack that blows them up. Approximately...infinite times. Still, I guess the writers had to use Team Rocket as this episode's comedic portion, but I don't think it was necessary.

TheEpicGoomba

Ahh this episode is a classic, Truely magical but I'm glad Ritchie didn't win the league. I didn't want him to be ahead of Ash.

iraqmaster

why would ash, knowing charizard still will not obey him, use it in a pokemon league match?

Vernikova

Champion
^ The writers needed him to lose. Regardless of what Pokémon he sent out (Muk, Kingler, a Mewtwo, a Dragonite, an Onix, etc) he was going to lose that match. It just made more sense with Charizard since it wouldn't obey him.

Watching Ritchie lose was the highlight of the episode. It gets a 10/10 just for that. I'm reminded about how bad the extended version of the Pokémon theme sucked though. It just isn't any good.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It's Fearow!
Although I did love seeing Ash lose, I did feel a bit sorry for him. His argument with Misty after was quite funny. I actually quite wanted Ritchie to win the competition, so I didn't like when he lost. But he was completely useless against that Ivysaur. Him and Ash will never be Pokémon masters... ¬¬
Anyway this episode was quite boring until Team Rocket showed up. They made it funny as usual, and the cage thing was actually quite smart for Ash. The blast off in this episode was actually great! As were the highlights at the end of the episode!

Good to see Ritchie lose, purely because I like Ivysaur and because I think Ivysaur is awesome. Ritchie didn't deserve to win and he didn't. It was funny to see Ash cry about losing like he was Dawn losing in a contest. And then Misty criticizing him and Professor Oak agreeing, it's just like real life. However, a pity that the final battle wasn't shown. Because of that, 9/10 and not 10/10.