• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Friends Til The End! (082)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
^ The writers needed him to lose. Regardless of what Pokémon he sent out (Muk, Kingler, a Mewtwo, a Dragonite, an Onix, etc) he was going to lose that match. It just made more sense with Charizard since it wouldn't obey him.

Watching Ritchie lose was the highlight of the episode. It gets a 10/10 just for that. I'm reminded about how bad the extended version of the Pokémon theme sucked though. It just isn't any good.

Ash coud have lost to anyone else than his other half. But I'm glad he lost too. However, it was Ash's first league win, and I actually felt sorry for him. But this was back when I was eleven.

However, the arguement was dumb. Businesses could have been mind to avoid blow ups. And his mom was right there. If there was anyone to talk to him, she or Professor Oak could have. I would have gotten mad too.

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
I agree. Misty shouldn't have waited a little longer to talk to him. If you are in a league participating for the first time and lose, it would be easy to get emotional especially being a 10 year old. I don't care how much or how little training you get done.

Blessed

A very heartwarming episode, I like how Ash learns a lesson in this episode. I'm glad Ritchie lost after battling Ash. I really wanted to see who won the Indigo league but that of course will never be revealed lol.

7threst

Well, I really enjoyed the ending of this League. They ended this whole entire Indigo League series gracefully. For the rest was depressive while simultaneous cocky ash hilarious to watch.

NPT

Just a member
After getting eliminated from the Indigo League, Ash was very upset. Misty decideds to talk to him to make him feel better,(Why she? Why not Pro. Oak or Delia?)so she enters Ash's room and asks him if he wants to go on a.....walk with her?? Ash refuses and tells her go by herself, so Misty gets mad. Then she starts a stupid argument with Ash. Seriously Misty? That's how you cheer up a depressed person? Well, she should've left him alone instead of being a jerk and yelling at him. It's Ash's first(and most embarrassing) League lose, so He has every right to upset.
I'm glad Ritchi got eliminated from the Indigo League too, I'd be so pissed if he won the League.

The only good part of this episode was where Ash remembering his League matches and the Pokémon theme song was playing in the background. To me, it's a nostalgic moment.

AdrenalinDragon

This is easily one of the most nostalgic episodes for me. Ash having to cope with losing his first league, as well as seeing his friend Ritchie being defeated as well. I like the moral of this episode alot, where losing isn't necessarily a bad thing and that you can learn from those mistakes , so you shouldn't put yourself down because of it. It was great character development for both Ash and Ritchie. It's also nice to see a whole episode dedicated to Ash's defeat, rather than rushing it like later seasons would do. The last five minutes, where Ash and Ritchie parted ways and the Pokemon Theme starts playing in the background is one of my all-time favourite endings in the series too.

9/10

Loved the end of the episode where it shows Ash's matches in the league with the full theme song playing in the background.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I could totally understand Ash's depression tbh. If I had lost to Ritchie, I'd have moped around as well. I'm glad that he eventually did the right thing by attending Rictchie's next battle and I always wondered if Ritchie owned the Spearow or Tentacool. Anyway, I liked seeing Ash and Ritchie ruin TR's plan and the League's closing ceremony was nice.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was upset that Ritchie lost right after winning against Ash and Ash's attitude was shocking at first cuz he isn't usually so sulky. I liked the league's closing ceremony however as well as the final scene of Ash at the stadium.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm glad he lost because realistically speaking, Ritchie was no stronger than Ash. ;)

I myself don't think he was as strong as Ash back then but I figured he should've had enough skill to win if the plot hadn't gotten in the way. Ritchie losing just seemed like a way to take him down a peg. ^^;

JudySpell

Banned
Ash's depression phase was entertaining to watch since the irony is that he would continue failing at Leagues even after the Indigo Saga. 7/10

Poor Ritchy didn't make it far after winning against Ash. My favorite scene was when Ash broke out of his depression and became happy again.

Leonhart

Imagineer
So the Sekiei League tournament now came to a close. I was proud of Satoshi when he gave Hiroshi a pep talk before his match. Sure Hiroshi still lost, but the gesture was still kind. I thought that the closing ceremony was beautiful, and the shot of Satoshi in the stadium by himself at dawn was symbolic.

ZilverLox

Banned
Such a touching episode. I know that Ash was upset with his loss to Richie and he was sulking, although I don't actually believe that's what he was doing, he was most likely just bitterly disappointed because Charizard still didn't listen to him. Whatever the case, I really enjoyed the ending of this League. The staff ended this entire Indigo League series well. :)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Such a touching episode. I know that Ash was upset with his loss to Richie and he was sulking, although I don't actually believe that's what he was doing, he was most likely just bitterly disappointed because Charizard still didn't listen to him.

Nah, he was definitely sulking. I don't even think he mentioned Charizard here? Ash seemed like he was mad that he lost in general.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Ash's moping was great since his loss was so humiliating. I was hoping that we'd see a quick Ash and Ritchie rematch, but all we got was another TRio attack.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ash's moping was great since his loss was so humiliating. I was hoping that we'd see a quick Ash and Ritchie rematch, but all we got was another TRio attack.

A rematch between Satoshi and Hiroshi here would've seemed pointless; Satoshi had accepted his loss, in any case.