• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Friendship Adventures

AbsolKnight66

The Knight of Dark
Chapter 1: Arriving at Violet City and Battles Await!

I walked along the sunlit path, with Slippy on my shoulder. Slippy was my VERY energetic Treecko who I had gotten from Prof. Birch, when I was 10. Alright, if you must know, I'm 11, and my name's Yuki. Thomas poked me.

"Hey, Yuki, guess what?"
"What?"
"Wanna battle?"
"Maybe later."

Well, all I can say is that Thomas was shocked. I had never turned down a battle before, and unfortunately for him, he loved to battle me. However, I just turned my face to the path ahead of us. Thomas was looking at the sky, and saw a few Swellow, Swablu, Altaria, Tailow, Wingull, and Pelipper.

"Hey Yuki."
"What?!"
"Calm down, I'm just saying there are some bird Pokemon in the air. A lot of them. And I think I'll catch one."

Thomas pointed to Altaria, and I knew why. He was always interested in Dragon-like Pokemon. Plus, he knew its clouds were fluffy. I was going to pick a Salamence. See, Thomas and I have a passion for Dragon-types. Thomas chose Totodile from Prof. Elm because it had dragon-type qualities. I chose Treecko, because it too had dragon-type qualities.

Before I lose track of him, because of my forgetful memory, there's also Ivan. Ivan is a real, well....I'll just say he's cool. He helps people who are in danger, and picked Cyndaquil from Prof. Elm, because it reminded him of fiery passion. Ivan just looked at the clouds, and really wanted to get a Pelipper. Totodile and Cyndaquil were bickering as usual, but suddenly, Cyndaquil launched an Ember attack at Totodile!

"CYNDA! CYNDA, CYNDA!"
"Cyndaquil, STOP IT!

Cyndaquil looked at Ivan for a second, and then it calmed down.

"That would've been ugly."
"Agreed."
"Agreed."

When we came to Violet City, I saw a gym sign. I knew this would be all of our first challenges. It said the leader's name was Falkner, and he was the master of Flying-types. <Oh...shoot....> I thought. Treecko was a Grass-type, and I knew he was weak to flying. Ivan and Thomas seemed to sense my nervousness, and said that maybe I should try and catch another Pokemon. I nodded.

"But where shall I find a Pokemon? And which kind?"
"I don't know. Maybe you should find something like a Pikachu, or an Electric-type."

Then, it hit me. I knew what I would catch. It wasn't Pikachu, or any Electric-type for that matter. I was getting a normal type. And its name was Munchlax.

I took Slippy out of his Poke ball, and waited in the tall grass, with some fruit in my hand. I knew Munchlax loved to eat, so I decided, “Hey, why not?” I waited silently in the night, and finally the moment came. A chubby Munchlax came near the fruit. It grabbed the fruit out of my hand. I saw my chance, and threw a Poke ball at it. It shook once, twice…and it broke free! “Slippy! Use Bullet Seed!” I commanded, quickly. The Munchlax was tumbling backwards. I threw another Poke ball, and it shook once…twice…three times….and CAUGHT! “YES!” I screamed. I jumped up in the air, and held the Poke ball. I released Munchlax from the ball, and it seemed very weirded out by what had happened. It licked my leg. It held onto it, like a cat wanting food. Munchlax followed me to my hotel room in Violet City. I looked out into the stars. I wondered where my hero was. Was he in the Pokemon League yet? Or is he still training? Deep down, I knew my heart told me that he was doing great things. Or was going to be doing great things. I got into my bed, and fell asleep, dreaming about the giant battle I’d have with my brother, as soon as I got strong enough.

I woke up next morning with a smile on my face. I headed downstairs to Thomas and Ivan’s room. “Are you two ready for a challenge?” I asked when I opened the door. “Yup!” Thomas and Ivan asked at the same time. “I caught a Munchlax last night. It’s going to help me against Falkner.” I explained. “Last one to Falkner’s gym wins!” I screamed as I fled downstairs, stuffing a piece of toast into my mouth, and then running suddenly so fast to the gym. There, I met Ethan, a boy who was also from Johto. “My name’s Ethan. I’m a fierce battler, and love to take challenges. Wanna do a two vs. two?” Ethan asked me. I thought for a moment. There was a Pokemon Center right in the gym, and I really had the urge to battle. So, I accepted.

“Alright, go! Marill!” Ethan called, throwing his Poke ball. “Go, Chubby!” I said, calling Munchlax onto the arena. “Marill, use Tail Whip!” Ethan ordered. Marill flicked its tail into Munchlax, but Munchlax barely felt a thing. “Munchlax, use…uh…Body Slam?” I said, not knowing what to do. Munchlax obeyed, and jumped up in the air. It slammed right into Marill. Marill was a bit dizzy, then it couldn’t move. Then I realized it. It was paralyzed! “Quick, Munchlax! Use one more Body Slam at full power!” I commanded. I was so giddy I thought I could win this battle. Munchlax jumped in the air, and slammed into Marill again, causing it to be stuck in the ground, and knocked out. “Alright, go! Chikorita!” Ethan commanded.

“Munchlax, use Metronome!” I ordered. Munchlax wiggled its finger, and suddenly spit out a pulse of powerful energy, and I realized it was Dragon Pulse. Well, Ethan was shocked at the power of the move. Chikorita stood up, though. “Chikorita! Use Razor Leaf!” Ethan called. A flurry of leaves cut into Munchlax, hurling it back. I was a bit worried about this battle, since Munchlax fainted. It was time to bring in Slippy, and both of us knew….Grass vs. Grass is always an epic match.