• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FRLG Help/FAQ Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Ok, so I have the ROM game for Fire Red...and I'm a little confused. How do I trade? It keeps saying my wireless adapter isn't properly connected, but that doesn't make sense; I'm on a computer. So, how do I fix this? Also, I have found a lot of websites that have codes for cheats and stuff, but none of the ones I enter seem to take affect? Is there some website with legit cheats/codes I can use? And also, how do I use them? I know how to enter them...it's the using part that is killing me. Any reply would be greatly appreciated :) just PM me.
First, We can't help you due to Serebii.net rules. You should really read the rules. I sent you a PM about this by the way.

There are no "↑↑↓↓←→←→BA"/Konami code in Pokémon that I'm aware of. I can say if the functionality is out there you need to look on sites that may help you with your emulator. Serebii.net is not such a place.

I was wondering about training for the Elite Four. I've tried rematching trainers at One Island (that group of five on the path to Mt. Ember people mentioned) but the Pokemon are so underleveled there, that they really don't give much experience. The Wild Pokemon on Victory Road gave more XP, and I've even slowed with them. I don't know if my party has terribly slow growth rates or if I'm just too impatient for this level grinding stuff (which seems unlikely because I have no problem with it in the beginning of the game, nor did I ever have a problem with it in Blue).

My pokemon are all level 47, and their growth rate is at a crawl. I have the training weights (or whatever that item is called) that you get from Giovanni's gym after you beat him that's suppose to promote growth, and I've been using it with Exp. Share to train pokemon that would have trouble training against the local types. But it's a painfully slow process. Any suggestions?

On the Pokémon that has the Macho Brace equipped, gets double the amount EVs you get from each battle. EV which boost the stats of Pokémon, but not the level.

I have beaten the E4 with Pokémon at Lv 46 and above. Mind you I did have a Level 55 Pokémon, and I did plan my ahead and knew which Pokémon to bring out after when I got the chance. I did have a good coverage of attacks.

Herugrim

Corrupter of Pokemon
I know what I'm doing, I've beaten the Elite Four before. Only in Blue pokemon growth was a good deal higher, they've slowed it down a lot since then. My highest level is 47, and it isn't good enough. I need at least level 55 pokemon on average to sweep the elite four so that I know I can handle my rival at the end. Guess I'll just work throug it. Thanks for the info on the belt, though.

joeyyz

I Love Gary Club ©
training tips needed for leaf green x

I play pokemon without overtraining any pokemon, so I need some tips for training which will help my pokemon keep up to date at the moment other than grinding. It seems the creators of pokemon didn't really include anything in the game for people who don't use their starter pokemon for the whole game.
cheers
x

Herugrim

Corrupter of Pokemon
Without knowing where you're at it's hard to say, but I've encountered a few tricks that can help out. Exp. Share can split any experience and EVs you earn in fight with the pokemon carrying it. Couple that with the Vs Seeker, you can rematch trainers you encounter outdoors for the extra experience they offer. Together you can get low level pokemon caught up rather easily. Aside from that, Generally the best way to level up is just to fight every single trainer you encounter, wild pokemon won't offer nearly as much XP, at least till you get to the end of the game.

joeyyz

I Love Gary Club ©
Hey, just wondering if anyone had any sustainable methods of training pokemon around level 30, just need to get a few of my lower ones up for the next few gyms. cheers
x

joeyyz

I Love Gary Club ©
Hey, just wondering if anyone had any sustainable methods of training pokemon around level 30, just need to get a few of my lower ones up for the next few gyms. cheers
x

Dangertrout

x

Kindle Road was good around level 35. Before that I think I was training in Seafoam Islands while collecting items and such.

joeyyz

I Love Gary Club ©
Anyone got tips on the best place to train a level 33 pidgeotto please?
x

lovepika

Pika The Espeon
So I heard (or maybe even experienced the last time I played FR, but that was too long ago to be sure) that you can optionally battle your rival on Route 22 early in the game, so I went there, all to the entrance of Indigo Plateau, and of course back, but he didn't show up. Was I given the wrong information, or do I need to do something, like get a badge first? Is it too late to check it out now (I'm already at Pewter City, but I haven't yet challenged Brock)? If so, when was I supposed to come?

Aquarelle

Staff member
So I heard (or maybe even experienced the last time I played FR, but that was too long ago to be sure) that you can optionally battle your rival on Route 22 early in the game, so I went there, all to the entrance of Indigo Plateau, and of course back, but he didn't show up. Was I given the wrong information, or do I need to do something, like get a badge first? Is it too late to check it out now (I'm already at Pewter City, but I haven't yet challenged Brock)? If so, when was I supposed to come?

You should be able to do that battle now. Just go back to Route 22 and start walking towards the gate to Indigo Plateau again - your rival should appear and challenge you.

You might have been going there too early before. I think you need to get the Pokedex and *maybe* watch the Pokemon capturing tutorial first before he shows up. I also think that once you beat Brock, you can't do that rival battle. (I'm not 100% sure on the exact timing though, I've always done the optional rival fight after dealing with the old man in Viridian but before getting the first badge)

lovepika

Pika The Espeon
Oh, so that's what I need to do..

I went there again and this time he finally showed up. Also for future reference, it is possible to challenge him after getting the first badge, as I discovered today.

Fincap

Hey,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put it, but I need technical help with my Leaf Green. I'm pretty sure my cart is 100% legit, but whenever I try to wake up the Route 8 Snorlax, when it says "Snorlax attacked in a grumpy rage!" The game play the first second of the battle intro song, and then freezes. If anyone knows a solution, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It turns out it's doing this with every wild battle. I really need help!

Last edited:

QueenDragonRider

Friend of Pikachu
I just have an inquery: what is the best Pokemon team to have if you begin with Charmander? Alos, what moveset is best for its evolved form, Charixard? Thanks for the help!!

Cutty

Forever now
In the beginning, you can use Mankey or Butterfree. Later you can add Vaporeon and Chansey.

I usually use this moveset for Charizard:
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Aerial Ace

CarneysRage

Don't know where else to post this, so here it goes. Does anybody know of any good tutorials as to how to rng abuse for shiny legendaries/starters on firered? I've looked at smogon's here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62357 But I'm still confused. I have RNG reporter, and have used it to get shiny eggs on pearl, but I want shiny charmander and mewtwo, and I might as well get all the others while I'm at it. I just don't want to try to SR for it, because I tried that on my leafrgreen for a week or two and gave up out of boredom.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
I'm not sure so I am asking this.Can we trade Pokemon from LeafGreen to Emerald and have them learn Move Tutor moves and trade them back.I'm not particularly sure because LeafGreen came out before Emerald,so changes in it might not me made in LeafGreen.

Dangertrout

I'm not sure so I am asking this.Can we trade Pokemon from LeafGreen to Emerald and have them learn Move Tutor moves and trade them back.I'm not particularly sure because LeafGreen came out before Emerald,so changes in it might not me made in LeafGreen.

You can trade between Emerald and Leaf Green, but I believe you need to defeat the E4 first in Emerald and complete a quest for... Celio? in Leaf Green.
And, of course, you need a trade cable for that generation

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
You can trade between Emerald and Leaf Green, but I believe you need to defeat the E4 first in Emerald and complete a quest for... Celio? in Leaf Green.
And, of course, you need a trade cable for that generation

My main question was basically 'Can LeafGreen Pokemon learn move tutor moves in Emerald and can we trade them back.'

Shawn5943

on pokemon fire red how come on the pokeearth guide thing it says that the person is sapose to get stroger pokemon but i have rematched this one guy a feww times and his pokemon havent got any stonger so i was wondering how many times it took for him to get stronger?

Status
Not open for further replies.