• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

From A to Z! (897)

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
we saw Zygarde 50% but Zygarde 10% appears in this episode as well. Can there be both of them at the same time? Is every Zygarde Core sentient like the one that Bonnie found?

According to what Xerosic said, there are atleast 2 Zygarde Core out there.

The Core that Bonnie found is the same one that Hari-san (Manon's Chespin) saved from the TF Labs (they refer it as "Z ONE").

The "Zygarde 50% Forme" we saw at the start of the episode consists the other Core, code named "Z TWO".

It seems that both of the Core's can reach the 50% form on there own, but would require to merge with the other 50% to reach the Complete form.

ArtFenix

Z TWO... I may be looking too deep into that but...Two games are on the way? (two hexagon0like things in the Pokebank data and Thousand Arrows/Thousand Waves would support that theory).

I see. Thanks! I guess there can be both 50% and several 10% Zygarde then. Only one Zygarde 100% though. Makes sense.

LizardonX

Banned
According to what Xerosic said, there are atleast 2 Zygarde Core out there.

The Core that Bonnie found is the same one that Hari-san (Manon's Chespin) saved from the TF Labs (they refer it as "Z ONE").

If ts anything like a certain other Z ONE this should be interesting.

Ep was decent overall, did a pretty good job of establishing atmosphere and TF. Too much bonnie and sawyer though.

Can Serena get squishy instead?

Last edited:

AshSerena

Z TWO... I may be looking too deep into that but...Two games are on the way? (two hexagon0like things in the Pokebank data and Thousand Arrows/Thousand Waves would support that theory).

I see. Thanks! I guess there can be both 50% and several 10% Zygarde then. Only one Zygarde 100% though. Makes sense.

Hey i edited my Spoiler tab, sorry typo
what Lysandre said is , to cure Chespin, they need the Mega Evolve Energy system to happen(not sure if this by collecting mega stone or what) and Alan said he gonna do it, he wants to bring back Manon's smile again

Ѕhiny Missingno

HOLY ****, Noibat actually did something! Only took like 20 episodes but finally it happened. Weirdly enough it was used in a dangerous situation even though all of Ash's pokémon were equally capable of stopping the threat. What a weird way to get battle experience for a newly hatched pokémon.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
We saw Scottie Sawyer 18 episodes ago...and he already got four more badges in that short time. The worst part is, we don't even know how much time it took anyone to travel from one point to another.

*sigh* Yeah, that's sort of bad writing. I can't really take him seriously after this. Again, making things this late in the region is just bad and calls for quick pacing.

Last edited:

Captain America X

We saw Scottie Sawyer 18 episodes ago...and he already got four more badges in that short time. The worst part is, we don't even know how much time it took anyone to travel from one point to another.

*sigh* Yeah, that's sort of bad writing. I can't really like him after this.

You got to remember though that Scottie Sawyer trains extremely hard(a lot harder than Ash who just slacks of)so of course it makes a lot of sense and is logical for him to earn 4 badges in 18 eps since he is a rookie with an extremely ridiculously high growth rate.

There's obviously no bad writing there

Captain America X

I have to remember something that didn't even exist?

We saw the guy getting beaten to a pulp by Clemont, and he only managed to get a badge before being decked by Valerie on a stage show. Ash then decked him hard.

Yes yes.You have to remember that he trains extremely hard offscreen.So he can very easily become a lot stronger because of his extreme training regiment that compliment his growth rate that shall put E4 and Champions to shame.

So what if all his feats were basically stomp fest in his opponents favor,As a rookie this growth rate is perfectly logical since he gets to train extremely hard offscreen unlike Ash who just relaxes.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Yes yes.You have to remember that he trains extremely hard offscreen.So he can very easily become a lot stronger because of his extreme training regiment that compliment his growth rate that shall put E4 and Champions to shame.

So what if all his feats were basically stomp fest in his opponents favor,As a rookie this growth rate is perfectly logical since he gets to train extremely hard offscreen unlike Ash who just relaxes.
There are so many things off about what you are saying about both Ash and Sawyer that I can only assume you are being sarcastic.

The true answer is that trainer ability growth in the anime is dependent on what the writers want and is rarely justified with good explanation for the simple reason that the way time passes and pokemon grow in strength in the anime is left intentionally vague.

<><><>

So how about that new opening? AshGreninja definitely seems to be treated as an equivalent to mega evolution, we even see a scene with Ash looking forlorn over not having a mega evolution (or perhaps Greninja feeling down over not being stronger), only for Greninja to transform.

Last edited:

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
It's a little more complicated than it being just about Mega Evolutions; when Ash looks forlorn and tearful, we see Alain's Megazard X and Shouta's Sceptile. It wasn't Megavolved in that moment. [No Christmas Balls or other unusual features.]

It's when it transforms and they synchronize that Megatile shows up, in the main battle.

Xuxuba

*sigh* Yeah, that's sort of bad writing. I can't really take him seriously after this. Again, making things this late in the region is just bad and calls for quick pacing.

Shota doesn't have 3 friends traveling with him asking to do different stuff before going to another city, like performing at a Tripokalon or playing around with a random Tyrunt. That's why Trevor, Tierno and Shauna don't travel together, because it's faster that way.

Also Shota doesn't have stalkers trying to steal his pokemon almost every single day. That certainly doesn't save time for Ash and you can clearly see that in several episodes, like the one where Ash is almost disqualified because TR wouldn't let Ash fight against Richie.

Anyway, i don't get why you are so obsessed with this. This is clearly a show where you have to use suspension of disbelief a lot. Shota getting 5 badges is far from being the most unbelievable thing in this show.

Last edited:

K.N.

Fun episode, can't wait for the next "plot" episode, whenever that is.

I kinda agree with Shota having 5 badges being kinda lame, but at least you can conjure up some explanation for it. He doesn't get sidetracked by someone doing Tripokalons, but unlike it was with contests they way they've written it makes it seem like Ash doesn't have to go to an entirely different city, so the timeframe is still pretty weird. Maybe he took that monorail, hah.

Assuming that's some anime-only badges on him though, I do like the attention to detail the animators did...beating Viola, yeah sure. Good on Shota for getting past that wrecker-of-worlds Weepinbell Ramos had. It's good they made it so that Korrina's badge wasn't there since in-universe she's probably one of the toughest gyms.

I still don't really like how they're setting up Shota as the big rival of the region though, with a Mega and everything if the new OP is to believed.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Alan Ask Lysandre to prepare a Mega Evolve battle for him, and Lysandre Agree and told if he lose 1, he needs to return the keystone/mega stone

Alan wants to get stronger so he can protect important people(showing Manon and Prof Sycamore flashback)

Alant dsnt want to travel with Manon anymore cause Alan might put her life on danger

Alan said if he continue traveling with Manon, he wont get strong and thats make Manon leave the arena with sad face.

Alan saw Manon crying because of what happen on Chespin and wants to help her, but Lysandre said he might cure it by Mega Stone power system and Alan Start Travel

tho im pretty sure Lysandre is lying about curing Chespin by Mega stone power

i have question!
since Shota show us 3 new badges, is this means theres others gym in kalos?

In every anime, a region actually always has more than eight gyms. However, these are more of anime-based, as not everyone challenges the GYM's we (or Ash) have in games.

Captain America X

I don't see why people are complaining about Sawyer at all.He clearly is just a prodigy who unlike Ash is not burdened by his dead weight companions who slow down his progress always.Sawyer at least gets to train 24/7 unlike Ash.

Heck I don't know why people even complain about anything about the show at all.Everything is justifiable so people should just stop complaining about the show and just accept everything that happens

Captain America X

Well not EVERYTHING is [**** you Tobias] but there's things that are complained about just because, really.

Tobias is justifiable though because everything he did was offscreen.If he was a trainer that was introduced earlier withou those pokemon and then turned up at the league eith those pokemon,than it would not make any sense but he was alrwady introduced with those pokemon so it makes complete sense.Rivals are allowed to make massive improvements in short time periods because unlike Ash they are

1)Train longer and way harder
2)Are not burdened with companions

People just love to complain that's all.Everything is justifiable

Xuxuba

I don't see why people are complaining about Sawyer at all.He clearly is just a prodigy who unlike Ash is not burdened by his dead weight companions who slow down his progress always.Sawyer at least gets to train 24/7 unlike Ash.
Wth... are you trying to imply that i said they were dead weight?

Saying he doesn't get his badges as fast as he could =/= saying he doesn't progress at all. Just because he is not getting any badges doesn't mean he's not growing as a character. That's the whole point of Ash's discussion with Serena on episode 40.

Well not EVERYTHING is [**** you Tobias] but there's things that are complained about just because, really.

Exactly. Like K.N said, you can conjure up some explanation to why Shota got 4 badges in 18 episodes. There are several things in this anime that are much harder to believe than that and yet i don't see people complaining about them. That sounds like bias to me... if you don't like Shota, just say it so.

Tobias is justifiable though because everything he did was offscreen.If he was a trainer that was introduced earlier withou those pokemon and then turned up at the league eith those pokemon,than it would not make any sense but he was alrwady introduced with those pokemon so it makes complete sense.Rivals are allowed to make massive improvements in short time periods because unlike Ash they are

1)Train longer and way harder
2)Are not burdened with companions

People just love to complain that's all.Everything is justifiable

Can you stop with the overused sarcasm? It's getting quite childish by now.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The TF scientists slayed me with their dynamic personalities. I screamed when Sawyer showed up and how he has five badges now: I’m glad he’s catching up to Ash. Puni-chan changing to 10% form was kind of neat as well.