• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

From Ashes Rise (Rated R)

Firebrand

Indomitable
Accepting late sign ups!

It’s been five years. It’s been five years since civilization, life as we knew it, came to an abrupt end. The artifacts just appeared one day. It was in early fall, the chill just beginning to seep into the air. It was then that freak electrical storms raged all across the globe. There was no rain and hardly any thunder, just lightning strike after lightning strike. The storm changed everything. Planes and other aircraft can no longer fly in the upper air, still charged with electricity even years after the fact. The Internet has gone down as well, for reasons no one is able to figure out. Televisions and radios can still broadcast, and phone calls still connect, though with a lot of static and interference, but the Internet is gone, seemingly for good. The server banks all over the world have gone inert, the age of instant global communication all but ended in a flash of light. But that was not even the most bizarre occurrence. In the aftermath of the storm, strange objects appeared to certain people.

There was no rhyme or reason to who got them. It appeared to be a completely random selection, though plenty of people tried to ascribe some higher purpose to it. Some thought it meant they were destined to be kings and conquerors, others saw it as a test of their resolve. Still more thought it a way to change the world for the better. Some people thought God had sent these artifacts down. Others thought it was aliens, or time travelers. Ultimately, who did it is irrelevant. What matters is what happened. You see, to those who were granted them, these strange artifacts granted great power. Once more and more people began to “come out” with their powers, the existing world governments fought hard to stop them and exterminate them. Some of the bearers relented, submitted themselves to government control or execution. Plenty of others hid, while more fought back.

Governments fell. What use were bullets against people who could level cities in a matter of hours, or hurl tanks with their bare hands? All across the world, leaders died and the power structures so long held up collapsed. In the wake of this, warlords and would-be kings staked out their claims and built up their armies. There have been fights, of course. There have been floods, famines, earthquakes and fires. Those who aren’t bearers have died by the millions. In just five years, the world population has dropped from just over seven billion to just below three billion. Warlords gathered up guns, artillery, bombs, anything a militia could use to rise up and challenge their new gods on earth. They repurposed some, keeping it under close guard. Most of it was destroyed. Guns become largely obsolete when a king can call down a deluge of flame to smite his foes.

Large swathes of land are empty and vacant now, those who once lived there driven away by starvation, plague or disaster. People have tried to pick up the pieces as best they could, and in some kingdoms even begun to prosper. Things are different now, but at least after five years this new way is becoming the norm. It’s a new world. It’s time to make something out of it. The continent once known as North America has devolved into many tiny nation-states and kingdoms, all ruled over by a powerful bearer. Whether they style themselves as kings, queens, warlords or sages, the fact remains that in this new world, the right of rule rests solely in those with power. Border skirmishes have been common these past few years, but as alliances and rivalries solidify, the threat of an all-out war looms.
So, five years later, this is where we stand…

The Arbiter
Factionless
Kingdom of Galletia

A soft tuneless whistle carried over the cold night air, and a frigid breeze wafted into the study of King Alexander Astor, ruler of the pastoral realm of Galletia. The bearded man looked up from his writing desk as he affixed a stamp of hot wax to the heavy stock of an envelope. "Ah, my old friend. Your sense of timing is, as always, impeccable."

"Friend is perhaps too strong a word for what we are, Alexander," the masked man said as he strode into the king's study. The Arbiter seemed to glide, his light footsteps barely touching the ground. He idly spun a carved wooden globe that stood near the balcony. "And as a great wizard once said, I am neither late nor early. I arrive precisely when I mean to." Alexander couldn't see behind the elaborately carved raven mask, but he had a feeling the Arbiter was smiling. "That said, I do keep an ear to the ground, and naturally I heard about your little scheme."

The king rose from his writing desk and moved to stand next to the Arbiter on the balcony. Together the two men stared out over what had once been the campus of Ithaca College. Alexander kept his study in what had once been the music building, a glass and steel high rise that soared up higher than any other building on the hill the college buildings sprawled down. Snow still clung to the hillside, blanketing the town of Ithaca below. Alexander flexed his fingers, working out a cramp from writing so many letters. "I suppose you're curious as to why I'm doing it, aren't you?" The Arbiter shrugged and motioned for him to continue, knowing Alexander would do so regardless. The king of Galletia had a fondness for grandstanding. "It has been five years since the fall," Alexander began, "and in that time, I have risen to great prestige, as you can see." He swept his hand out, letting the Arbiter take in the great expanse of mountainous countryside that was the heart of his domain. "While I would not say I am particularly content with my borders as they stand I would like for them to stay where they are. My people prosper, and I don't want them to live in fear of the next border skirmish or upjumped bearer." He traced the edge of his golden crown, the one that had brought his realm so much prosperity and agricultural wealth. "I suppose you could say I'm tired of war. I just want to do what's best, both for my people and for people everywhere."

"You want to prevent other warlords from building more strength."

"Well, perhaps there's that. Or perhaps I'm in it for the glory, so I can go down in history as the man who reunited the continent. There are all kinds of ulterior motives I could have. But ultimately, my friend," and this time the Arbiter didn't correct him, "do the people of any nation stand to lose if this gamble of mine pays off? Certainly the warlords and kings will rage and complain, but I think in time the ones who ought to attend my little summit shall."

The Arbiter nodded slowly. "I suppose you're right. The Three Crows sisters are all right with this?"

Alexander nodded. "Yes, naturally I reached out to them before putting my plan into motion. They more than anyone else were willing to agree. Most of their folk lost people in the Fall Wars, and Josie has spent a lot of time with those that were lost. I've been corresponding with them and Father Thomas in his abbey out west for some time now. We all agreed we needed the neutral ground of Three Crows Valley. They will be ready for us."

"I see."

Alexander walked back to his writing table and sifted through the large stack of envelopes. "You wouldn't mind doing me a favor, would you? Some of these will take frightfully long to deliver by conventional means. Even with the large window I have allowed, I fear that wild woman up in Nunavut or that little statesman with his pet Amazon out west might not be able to arrive in time. And I do not wish to risk one of my couriers on a sojourn through the Mojave. Do you think you could...?"

The Arbiter bristled. "I'm no one's mailman." But he picked up the envelopes. "Still, I want to see how this plays out as much as you do. And it's not like I'm doing much else with things settling down the way they are. All right, I'll take these where they have to go." He stepped back out onto the balcony. "You know Astor, if this works out there will be more powerful bearers in one place than any other point in these past five years, perhaps even more than at the Detroit Crater."

"Let's hope things go more smoothly than that."

The Arbiter scoffed and turned away. As he stepped out into the late winter night, he simply vanished as though he had never been there. Only his footprints, faint in the light dusting of snow, marked his passage.

Lexa Kendrick
Oberon
Kingdom of Oberon

Lexa resisted the urge to crush the letter in her fist as her brother burst through the doors to her throne room. He was still dressed in the light leather armor he used for training practice, his brow shining with sweat and Inferno fixed firmly to his belt. Cole walked up to the dais her throne was on, not bothering to bow. He never bowed, and he was the only person Lexa allowed to do so.

"What's wrong?" he asked as he took up his position at Lexa's right hand. She wordlessly brandished the missive at him, and Cole snatched it from her fingers. His eyes scanned the page. "Lady of Light."

Lexa allowed herself a small smile at that. In the early days of her regime, one of her retainers had proposed forming a new religion as the basis of her cult of personality, setting herself up as the emissary of some mother goddess of light and justice to guide the world into a bright new age. The plebs of her realm had latched onto it like a drowning man clutches at flotsam, and the religion had even started to gain traction in the neighboring realms, even if those people didn't hold her up to be quite the messianic figure her own people did. That her brother, who knew very well that this new religion was just a facade, was unconsciously slipping into the mindset boded well for her.

Cole handed the paper back. "A summit? He wants a summit?" Then he grinned. "From the way the steward was trembling, I thought Astor had sent another marriage proposal." The air around Castle Oberon had smelled of ozone for a week after Lexa's fury when that letter arrived.

Lexa laughed and stood up, walking down the steps of her throne dais to stand at one of the large windows that looked out on Boston. Castle Oberon was actually the Prudential Building, albeit surrounded by new ferroconcrete walls and other various fortifications. Lexa maintained her throne room and held court on the very top floor, the observation deck, where she could look out on her kingdom. In times of war she moved to a far more practical space only three floors up, but they had been at peace for some time now.

Cole joined her at the windows and together the two siblings stared out at their city. Lexa drew herself up and squared her shoulders. "The time has come to set aside petty differences," she said in a deep, mocking voice obviously meant to imitate Alexander's. "To become architects of a future founded on peace and diplomacy, rather than wanton bloodshed." She burst out laughing again. "What a pretentious asshole."

Cole laughed as well and took a turn. "'I would be so bold as to request the pleasure of your company', Knight's blood, what does he think this is, freaking Camelot?" The Knight was another figure Lexa's new religion had crafted, the perfect militant foil to the benevolent Lady of Light and a role made to suit her brother's position as Captain of the Guard. Lexa allowed herself another wry grin. Cole pursed his lips thoughtfully. "Though I must admit, he has style. 'I propose a conference of peace at Midsummer in Three Crows Valley, where I should like to believe the greatest powers of the age shall gather and we can lay out a bright new future for all of us. Send no proxies and do not presume to insult us be delegating a subordinate. If you cannot come yourself, do not bother coming at all'." The knight passed the paper back to his sister. "When did this come in? I didn't hear a messenger."

Lexa twisted one of the golden rings she wore on her finger. "That's just it, the reason I even gave this letter the time of day. The Arbiter brought this."

Cole's eyes widened as his hands instinctively wrapped around Inferno's hilt. He understood the grave import of this. He had met the Arbiter on a handful of occasions in his campaigns across the northeast. Any man who could weather a pillar of fire erupting from the earth around him was more than deserving of Cole's respect. He also took great pains to maintain his neutrality. "So this is a lot bigger than you, Astor and Erik meeting on the border to agree not to slit each other's throats for trading season, huh? Think we can trust Astor to be on the level?"

"In something like this, I think he has to be," Lexa replied. "I wouldn't put him above getting us all together for a mass assassination attempt, but this is on the Three Crows' home turf. They don't like violence, and they never would have agreed to something like this is they thought Alexander was being duplicitous. I think we can trust him not to stick a knife in my back."

"What about the other warlords? Provided there are other warlords?"

"I think the only ones who could mean me any harm are Erik and Vivi. Backstabbing isn't Erik's style, he lacks the subtlety and finesse. If he wanted us dead, he'd storm the castle gates. And Vivi... that bitch knows I can kick her sorry arse ten ways to Sunday. She wouldn't dare."

"So we're going to this?"

Lexa nodded. "It would set a good precedent, I suppose. Alexander and I aren't necessarily enemies anymore, and our trade contracts with him are important. I'd say it's a gesture of good faith to make an effort to go to this little peace talk of his."

"Midsummer, huh?" Cole said slowly. "That gives us time to prepare, and I think it means he's calling out to warlords and upstarts from all over the continent. That must be why he's working with the Arbiter, he needs the fast travel." The knight stared out at the gleaming golden dome of what had once been the Capitol building. "Midsummer's about four months out. That gives us plenty of time to try and ferret out why Alexander's doing this. And maybe lay a few plots of our own?"

Lexa took her brother's hand in hers. "Trade agreements with the west could help Oberon prosper, and a standing peace with Galletia and Thorgard would be good for business. It's a risk I'm happy to take."

"And what if Astor uses this as an elaborate ruse to propose to you again?"

Lexa let out her loudest peal of laughter yet, her golden bangle sparkling in the sunlight of the winter dawn. "Then I'll fry the poor fool where he stands! They'll be picking bits of him off the mountainside for months!"

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
Allison Oswald
Rosethorn
Rosethorn Empire

Allison lay in her bed in Olympia. "This is the dullest it's been in a while," she said to no one in particular. At this time of day, she would usually be training or breaking in the new recruits. However, there had just been an uprising in what used to be Seattle, in a battle that lasted for three days and nights. The whole time, Allison had been working at full power to end it. She had to recharge at least seven times, and had passed out twice from exhaustion. Julian had ordered her to stay in bed and rest for a bit, while he made a few speeches in Seattle to quell the masses. Staring at the ceiling, Allison noticed every detail. The little crack running from the ceiling fan to the spider crawling out of it. It was really pissing her off. Grabbing a small piece of lint from the bed, she touched her necklace, then hurled the lint at top speed. The spider fell to the ground, dead.

"Excuse me?" A male Rosethorn official knocked on the door. "Queen Oswald? The Emperor has sent you a letter." "Thank you, leave it at the door!" "Yes your Highness!" "Don't call me that!" "Yes your- yes ma'am!" Allison groaned. Grabbing her coat, she slowly swung her legs off the bed. "God, I shouldn't have thrown that lint. I'm smarter than that." Pushing herself to her feet, Allison rubbed her eyes and put on the coat. Deliberately, she yawned, then opened the door. An envelope with the Rosethorn emblem on it graced her with its presence on the floor. Looking back and forth, she unceremoniously burped, picked up the letter, and opened it. It read as follows.

"Dear Ally,
I'm pretty sure you're still pissed at me for a very "special" reason, but please keep reading, because there's a situation. I have just gotten word from the Arbiter. Alexander is making his move. He's called a summit of all the warlords and artifact bearers. Clearly, such a gathering of power will be dangerous, and should not be ignored. Additionally, this means that you'll have to go. I'd advise you not going, if at all possible, due to the state of your body, but knowing you, I'm sure you'll go anyway. I'm already preparing an outfit of men to accompany me, so I'll see you there!

Hugs and more hugs,
Julian

P.S. Trust me, the "thing" you're worried I'll never get around to asking? I promise, when the summit is over, I'll find time."

Blushing, Allison angrily crushed the paper. "Who does he think I am? I could beat him senseless where he stands, and yet he mocks me?" Then she stuffed the letter in her pocket with embarrassment, muttering, "For his sake, he better be telling the truth. Wait, if it's all of the artifact-bearers, does that mean that Lexa will be there? She's a respectably strong woman... Maybe this summit won't be so bad after all." Having said this, she packed up her things, then, walking out to the military encampment, barked orders to the commanding officer. "Hold down the fort until I return, and have a vehicle arranged for my transport to Alexander's kingdom immediately! I want only three of your finest, preferably not all men, to accompany me!" "Yes Quee-" "Don't you dare!"

Creepychu

The horror
Charles Ashton
Mojave Commonwealth
Las Vegas

For a brief while, the arrival of the of the message brought a moment of peace and quiet over Charles Ashton's normally busy office as both Charles and his messenger, craning her neck in a would-be discreet manner to catch a glimpse of the letter over his shoulder, digested its contents. Dorothy was the first to break the silence, though, as she was prone to do.

"He does know we have a phone he could use, right?"

"I am certain he has his reasons." Charles replied placidly, trying his best to conceal his bemused grin. Like many children raised in the post-fall world, his adoptive daughter had learned to act mature far beyond her age, but in moments like this, watching the look of sheer incredulity on her face, it wasn't hard to tell that she was still a teenager.

"Suuuure he does." Dorothy rolled her eyes, "I'm certain Alexander the wise and benevolent and not at all skeezy had only the best of intentions at heart when he sent that crowmask creep-"

"The Arbiter." Charles corrected wearily, slowly rubbing his temples, "One of the most amicable bearers I've had the pleasure to meet so far. We have had this discussion before, my dear."

"...fine, sending the arbiter then." Dorothy harrumphed, obviously far from fine judging by her expression. As one of Ashton's most trusted informants, the girl had always prided herself on holding the latest scoop on every person of note who entered or even passed Las Vegas; knowing that someone could simply materialize behind her and tap her on the shoulder before she even knew they were there had understandably always sat poorly with her, "You realize this is still an obvious deathtrap, right?"

"Is it?" the look Charles received in return was even more priceless than the one before, but he managed to contain his amusement to the very ends of his mouth, calmly leaning back in his office chair, "I thought it sounded like a fascinating opportunity."

"An opportunity for some MRPA punk to take another shot at you, sure."

"Julius and I have already resolved that unfortunate misunderstanding."

"And I bet he was real trustworthy about it too, huh?"

"He was." Charles replied without giving any acknowledgement to the sarcasm dripping from the girl's voice, a tiny glint appearing in his eye as he added, "And he will continue to be as long as he continues to understand where his own bottom line lies. His own soldiers frequent the Crows so often, the better half of them would probably turn on him the moment they got into conflict. Julius knows that. Besides, that incident was purely business."

Dorothy scoffed, "Okay, so assuming you all won't be at each others' throats within five minutes, what's the point? I'm not exactly seeing you guys all sitting down, holding hands and singing kum ba yah just because some jumped-up old fart with a tacky crown said so."

"Perhaps not," Charles conceded, "But it's still a possibility worth exploring. Besides, when was the last time such a wide range of leaders gathered at the same site? Or, more to the point, what would you think of the one leader who'd decline that kind of invitation?"

"I'd..." Dorothy's eyes brightened in realization as she pondered the question, "...I'd think they're definitely up to something."

"It would certainly seem a reasonable conclusion." Charles nodded, "And that is why I am sure that very few leaders will pass on this invitation."

Dorothy's eyes narrowed immediately, "So you do think this is a trap. It's not the conference that's rigged; you think he's planning to take advantage of the leaders being off their posts to launch a surprise invasion."

"I don't think anything of the sort." Charles corrected her, somewhat more stern than before, though he couldn't help the small swell of fatherly pride in his chest over his protégée's observation, "And I will thank you kindly not to spread any rumors of the sort outside of this room. I am merely entertaining the possibility, which is why I'd like you to inform the petty kings to send only a minimal complement. Two of their finest apiece should be sufficient. I would also like a halt to any further skirmishes and raids for the duration of the conference, as a sign of good faith you understand. Once you are done, please stay here and keep an eye on our neighbors for me."

"But-" Dorothy protested, "You said the other warlords were going to be at the conference!"

"Which is precisely why I need you here." Charles replied levelly, giving his protégée a meaningful look, "You are the only one I can count on for this task."

The girl didn't reply at first, self-consciously reaching into her jeans pocket and grasping the small hand mirror that was her artifact. There were certain topics that Charles Ashton simply did not consider suitable for open discussion, even within the privacy of his personal sanctum, and this one was first among them, "...another one of your possibilities, huh?" she scoffed, "I still don't like this."

Charles sighed, "I'm not asking you to like it, my dear." he replied, his voice hardening slightly, "I am asking you to do it."

Dorothy still looked reluctant, but after seeing no sign of yielding in the old man's eyes, she nodded firmly, "Understood."

"Good." Charles nodded, giving her a light, fatherly pat on the shoulder, "Off you go then, my dear."

He smiled fondly at his protégé as she left the room, waiting until the elevator doors had close with a bright ping before he reached for his cane and rose up from his seat, calmly wandering over to admire the view from one of the massive glass windows at the corners of his office. Once upon a time, this had been the top floor suite of one of the city's most prestigious hotels, and while it was honestly far more luxury than he had ever felt comfortable with, he had to admit the bird's-eye view over his personal domain, stretched out before him in all its shining, neon-lit glory was something he'd loath to part with.

"She's a good kid, Dorothy," Charles muttered to no-one in particular, his voice gaining a wistful note as he added, "If only I could say the same for the others."

Then, he shook his head in self-derision, as if he had just realized he was speaking the words out loud, receding into a thoughtful silence as he stared out towards the horizon in what he approximated to be the direction of Galletia.

'What are you playing at, Astor?'

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Alec Schade
Wanderer
Galletia

It was dark. It usually was dark whenever Alec woke up from his Power-naps. No Wonder though, as he always zipped shut his Hood before sleeping. Sometimes, he even forgot he did that before going to sleep, and ended up panicking. He was now sitting in the wreckage of a car, a few feet off the main road. It wasn't normal for him to sleep for long periods of time like that, but after using the Red Sun, he felt drained for energy, especially after a huge fight like the one he had emerged victorious from about.... 7 hours ago? He didn't really know. He had no watch, and he wasn't that good at making the time out of the position of the sun yet. He stepped out of the car. It wasn't dark yet, so he figured it'd be around late noon/early evening. After he stepped out of the car, he looked around him at the carnage he had created hours before. There were about 6 bodies scattered around on the highway. They all wore similar outfits that told Alec that told Alec that they were from the Rosethorn Empire. Lucky for Alec, they were the ones he was supposed to ambush. it was getting trickier and trickier to survive, and one had to take all the chances one encountered. Though some of the Challenges were simpler due to his Red Sun.

Looting the bodies of the small Group, Alec found 3 days Worth of Food, and a formal-looking letter, off of a big, burly guy whose head was laying a few fet away from his body. Alec was pretty used to killing now, and it didn't really bother him anymore. Besides, People paid good Money (and Food) for a Professional hitman, which was more or less how Alec adapted into this New life. The burly headless guy had a fancy looking letter, and being a rather curious Young man, Alec had to open it. Maybe it was an order from some higher ups? Anyways, it was more exciting than training all day, sleeping all night and.... Yeah, that's about it.

Anyways, the letter mysteriously opened on its own, revealing the content as Alec's figers somehow folded it open. beginning to read, he was suprised by how eager he was by this. Was the days around here really that boring? the letter was pretty long, so Alec skimread throughout to get to the god parts. It seemed like the self-proclaimed King Alexander was gathering a big Group of artifact bearers and warlords? Sounded ritzy.. Alec didn't really like big crowds but.. He certainly didn't have anything else to do, so it might not be bad to check it out. The letter said it was during Midsummer. Midsummer, eh? Why not ujst stating the month.. Sure, they were a little thrown back when it comes to the technological stuff, but surely they didn't intentionally dumb themselves Down to medieval state? It was like being trapped in a middel aged roleplay. Alec didn't really like it. But eh, he'd have a great deal of time to prepare for the big trip.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Cole Kendrick
Oberon
Three Crows Valley

Cole stepped out of the first SUV in the convoy and signaled for the driver to proceed as he stepped to the next car in line and let his sister out. Fuel had become a precious commodity in the post-Fall world as trans-Atlantic trade had ground to a halt, and most citizens in the north had given up using their cars, opting instead to travel via bicycle, horseback or carriage travel, if they traveled at all. Several rail lines spanned from the center of Oberon out to the surrounding countryside, and Lexa made sure to keep those routes open. She had early on brokered a deal with a warlord from the Gulf of Mexico for primary trading rights to their oil reserves, so the small kingdom had a consistent influx of oil that was mostly used for military vehicles, the very wealthy, and highly placed traders for both trucks and boats. This diplomatic mission to the south had been costly, and they had brought five of the Imperial Guard's armored transports to ensure that Lexa was defended. The two Kendricks proceeded to the entrance to the Three Crows Compound where many of the other warlords had already gathered. Twelve members of the Imperial Guard, Cole's elite regiment of bother bearers and non-bearers, marched alongside them in their dress uniforms of red, black and gray. Cole nodded to his lieutenant as they approached the gathering, and the troop immediately came to a halt and snapped into a salute, their right hand over their heart and their left on the cavalry sabers they all carried at their belts. Many of the other warlords had brought honor guards, and Cole could see Lieutenant Blanc surveying them with an appraising eye. "Easy, Bridget," he murmured. "We aren't here to fight. Not yet anyway." The woman gave a small smile and inclined her head.

The queen and her knight strode forward to the gathering of warlords, and Cole greeted several that he knew with a smile or nod. Lexa did the same, though Cole noted that she deliberately slighted Vivi of the Black Hand. Well, whatever, that hussy was beneath their notice anyway. King Alexander turned to greet them with a charming smile. "Ah, Queen Alexis, you look as stunning as ever! And Sir Cole, always a pleasure." Cole glanced at Lexa to gauge her reaction and base his off her own. Lexa's lips twisted into something like a smile, and she regally extended her hand palm-down to the king of Galletia. Alexander bent over it and brushed his lips along her knuckles. Cole gave the king the salute of the Imperial Guard, feeling the warmth pulsing from Inferno's hilt as his hand wrapped around it.

"There he is, the man himself!" a booming voice called out. Astor looked up, thinking the voice was talking about him. But when a broad-shouldered with a wild mess of dark hair and piercing blue eyes muscled through the crowd, he made a beeline right for Cole. "Fashionably late, eh? Just like on Nantucket!" He held out his arm, and he and Cole traded grips before the bear of a man pulled Cole into a brief embrace.

"I wasn't late!" Cole said, grinning at Erik the Red, chieftain of Thorgard and Oberon's northern neighbor. "We were waiting for you to make landfall! Everyone knows you're formidable on the water, but once you get on land and are cut off from your ships, the Imperial Guard has trounced you every time. Our clash in March was no exception."

"So it was," Erik admitted with a shake of his head. "But I gotta tell you, kid. That thing we talked about at the spring trading meet, the black paint around our eyes? It works! It did wonders keeping off the glare of the ocean!"

"Of course it did," Cole replied. "Why should I lie?"

Erik barked out a laugh and swaggered away. Lexa shook her head. "I don't understand how you can be so amicable with him," she muttered. "On the battlefield, you two are bitter enemies, but every time we meet at a trade summit or whatever, it's like you're old friends. Why don't you two just beat the sh*t out of each other every chance you get?"

"We're men of action," Cole replied simply. "And we know there's a time and a place for war. We're not friends but we're... trusted enemies. While you and the other warlords are busy stabbing each other in the back, I like knowing where I stand with Erik. If it comes down to a fight, to be honest, the first one I'd pick here to have my back is him. At least he'd do me the kindness of looking me in the eye when he split my skull."

Lexa shook her head. "Men." Astor returned to the two siblings, this time leading an older man and three children. The king of Galletia introduced him as Father Thomas Fitzpatrick, the patriarch of an abbey out west that Cole had heard a fair bit about. The three children with him must be some of his acolytes. One of them had three large huskies with her. The girl could only have been about thirteen or so, and the dogs were about as large as she was. Honestly, Cole wasn't even sure if they were dogs, he'd never seen any that big. Lexa held out her hand for the priest to kiss, but before he could do so, an icy blast of wind burst from the mouth of the valley. Behind Cole, the Imperial Guard bristled, but Cole waved them down. When the gale subsided two older women stood at the gate to the compound, several other men and women at their back. Cole had seen pictures of the Three Crows sisters, and knew it to be them. Josie's hair was a dark gray, and she leaned on a cane. Her sister stood ramrod straight with a halo of silver-blue hair wafting around her drawn features. The two sisters stepped forward, and Alexander walked out to meet them. They greeted each other warmly, or as warmly as the two old women ever were to an outsider. They talked for a moment, and Alexander returned to the large gathering of warlords, mercenaries, soldiers and self-proclaimed royalty.

"The sisters say everything is prepared inside. They request, though perhaps the more apt term is demand, that any who enter leave all artifacts and other weaponry outside at the gates. There will be no conflict within the compound, and they don't want their home being leveled when someone gets their feathers rumpled."

"Like hell I'm doing that!" a man with a carefully trimmed black beard cried. "No way am I giving up my artifact!"

"Then you are free to leave, Lord Demane," Astor said simply. "Good bye." The two glowered at each other for a drawn out moment, and Cole found his hand drifting unconsciously to Inferno. Many of the other bearers were doing the same, all of them anticipating a confrontation. Cole glimpsed Erik with his hand on his axe. The northern warlord caught his eye and flicked his gaze towards Astor, raising an eyebrow. The implication was clear to Cole. If a fight were to break out then and there, Erik was trying to figure out which side Cole was going to be on. Cole nodded and Erik mouthed "right".

But Lord Demane backed down, casting aside his cloak. "Fine. The biddies can take it. No sense getting myself killed over this."

"Brilliant!" Astor said with a disarming grin. "Then, if you will all please follow me?" Several warlords and mercenaries were still muttering amongst themselves, reluctant to give away their artifacts and weapons. Astor led the procession down to the gates.

Cole snapped his fingers at the Imperial Guard. He took Lieutenant Brigit and five others, three of them bearers, along with him. The other six would remain outside the compound with their weapons and, in the case of three others, their artifacts. If anything went wrong, they would get through the stone and wooden palisade to defend the queen. Astor was the first to approach the gathering at the compound gate and removed his crown with a flourish, placing it gingerly in a wooden box the two sisters held out for him. He spread his arms wide and allowed a woman with a diadem on her forehead to look him up and down. "No metal," she said to the sisters. Cole nodded. He had come into contact with several bearers whose artifacts were based off magnetic properties. Cole had first encountered one as a rival power in the early days of the campaign to establish the kingdom. Conventional weaponry was useless against the man, and he was unable to get close enough with Inferno to use its power over fire. Ultimately, Lexa had killed him from afar with a lightning bolt, but since then Cole had devised several countermeasures for magnetic bearers. Astor completed a more traditional pat down search and passed through the gate.

Lexa pushed her way to the head of the crowd, dragging Cole along with her. She would not allow Astor or any of the other lords to show her up, and demanded to be next. She removed the golden bangle from her wrist and dropped it in another case. Cole went to another attendant and placed Inferno in his care and submitted himself to the other security sweeps. The Three Crow sisters had three magnetic bearers in their employ, so this significantly expedited the process of admitting the large gathering of people. Erik came in shortly behind Cole, pushing ahead of the Imperial Guard. He had brought no warband or guards with him, flying alone in short hops over the course of several days. Cole couldn't decide if the man was incredibly bold or if his confidence was utter foolishness. Shortly after they passed through the gate, another man in tattered, simple clothes approached, his head shaved bare. A common mercenary.

"I must beg your pardon," he said softly. "I'd give you my artifact, but... I can't." He opened his shirt and revealed a long scar across his chest, a slight protrusion of metal close to his heart.

Erik whistled through his teeth. "So that's Dorian. I thought he managed to get himself killed in that Detroit business."

Cole had heard stories of the freakishly powerful man who wandered the continent alone, desperate to find a way to end his life. "Apparently not."

"Imagine what a man could do with power like that on his side. I'd control the northeast in a season."

"Provided you could get him to join you. I hear he's not too keen on that sort of thing."

"Aye, you're right at that."

Josie placed a hand on Dorian's arm. "Of course dear, we understand. Go right in, and if you feel yourself losing control, do let me know. We'll help in any way possible." Dorian thanked them kindly and passed through the gate, walking to the far end of the compound and sitting beneath an awning, striking up a conversation with a compound resident. Evidently, he was well-known here.

At the very center of the Three Crows' large compound, a canopy with open sides had been erected. It reminded Cole of things he had seen on park greens at weddings when he was younger. Under the canopy was a large round table. Lexa and Erik followed Astor to it, and of course Cole went in tow. Obviously this is where the summit itself would happen. Many of the warlords, kings and assorted royalty were gravitating to it already. Astor took a seat and poured himself a glass of water. Lexa sat to his immediate right,k and Erik beside her. The king of Galletia smiled at them. "Yes, we northerners must stick together, mustn't we?"

"Don't get too cozy," Lexa said, but softened it with a coy smile. Obviously, Cole thought, she was flirting to make sure Astor's guard stayed low. He took up position behind his sister's left shoulder and noted that many of the dignitaries also had aides or bodyguards attending them. He signaled for the Imperial Guard to wait just a short distance off, and Lieutenant Brigit allowed them to sit in the shade of a nearby awning. Cole glanced around the table as Erik, Lexa and Astor made idle chatter. Almost directly across from them sat Father Thomas, and he looked up and smiled at Cole. The little girl with the huskies stood next to him, whispering into his ear. Only one of her dogs was with her now, the other two sitting with the two Asian kids that had accompanied the priest, probably brother and sister. They were a ways off, roughly opposite the Imperial Guardsmen. The girl was scratching one of the monstrous dogs behind its ear. Further down the table, Cole noted that Major O'Brien and Lieutenant Saunders were here, which struck him as surprising. Normally the Government in Exile tried to hold itself above the other warlords, but it seemed that a summit this large was too tempting a prospect even for their lofty sensibilities.

Cole had gone up against the major and his aide once before, when they tried to reclaim the northeast. That particular campaign had brought about a short-lived treaty between Oberon and Galletia as they strove to defend their southern border. The cost in lives for both kingdoms had been high, and Cole had come face to face with the two military members on the battlefield. It was only because Lexa had used her power to cover the sky in clouds to cripple Lieutenant Saunder's power and the timely arrival of the Galletian Dragoons, an elite regiment much like Cole's Imperial Guard though composed of heavy cavalry as opposed to infantry, that Cole was even alive. He had no wish to go up against the two of them again any time soon.

The knight clenched his hands into fists and stood stiffly at attention, watching the rest of the warlords, warriors and vagrants enter the compound and take their places around the table, be it under the canopy or as an outlier. He really, really hoped that the many precautions that the Three Crows sisters and Astor had in place prevented this from going the way of Detroit.

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
Crash & Charm
Wanderer
On the road heading towards the summit

~Charm~
She pulled her head back into the carriage. She was practicing using her artifact pulling and pushing coins out of her hand. She pushed the coins out and pulled them in one more time. Charm stood up and looked around the carriage. It was an old merchants carriage. On one side of the box it had purple drapes in front of a glass window. The inside was fill of there provisions and things they needed. Crash was on top acting as a look out. Their cat Eris jumped down from a shelf and curled up on the chair Charm had just left. The cat was jet black and not much bigger than a kitten.

The carriage stopped. There was a voice outside. It seemed to be electronically amplified. Charm stepped out of the wooden box then paused. A royal procession was lined up behind them. The horses and people started to walk around them, when a man walked up to them.

"Are you Crash? he asked and Crash jumped down of the roof of the carriage. His sword rattled when he landed. He nodded. The man a piece of parchment out of a folder and began to and began to read.

Lord Tascalusa has requests that you meet with him. He wished to hire your services at the summit.

Charm walked up to the two of them. The cat on her head balanced perfectly looking like a hat. Well lets meet with him and hear his offer. Them all walked up to a large carriage in the center of the group and the messenger opened the door closing it behind them. inside was a large man with a sword (about half the size of Crash's) strapped to his back. He turned around and began speaking.

"I knew your father. He was a great man. we served together in the military for many years. He saved my life. I want to hire you because I could not save his. I will put you in charge of my guards and for payment I will make you my heir."

Crash looked at him for a very long moment deciphering his words. "why would you make me your heir?" he asked\

"because, you would do a great job of running a kingdom. Your reputation precedes you my friend." The lord smiled "I lost the ability to duel a while ago. Dueling is always a large part of a summit. As my heir you would be able to stand as my champion." Charm glanced down and noticed that his right leg was missing. "But first before I would let you become my heir you would have to duel my best man."The king said matter of factually

"What if we say no" Charm added

"I will send a mercenary or two after you with orders to kill. I do not take rejection very well." She glanced at Crash then they said in unison

"How could we refuse?" Eris purred sounding satisfied

~Crash~
"So who does he have to fight" Charm said sitting down on a nearby chair.
"I was hoping we could have both of you fight actually. I have a couple of accomplished bearers in my retinue that fight well as a team." The lord looked at Crash and said "Is that ok with you."

Crash nodded then the door opened and two men walked in. they each carried a sword and shield. looking nearly identical. In unison they said follow and they lead Crash and Charm out to an open field. A man walked over and told them he was the master of the duel he declared the winner and you were supposed to keep on fighting until his signal.

The ref raised his hands the said begin. Immediately Both of the men caught on fire. They seemed to not be hurt by the flames. Charm threw some coins and pushed on them sticking them in the mens' shields. She got flung backwards because they hit a much heaver object than her. Crash stepped forwards his sword still sheathed. he pulled out a pair of daggers from his belt. then he activated his power. The strangest combination of of skill and strength washed over him. he leaped forwards and kicked the guards apart. Then he yelled "you take the other one" to Charm.

Charm came flying over head pushing off of a coin she had dropped and sailing overhead she pulled the coin back to her and pushed on the mans sword. She was directly above him and the sword fell out of his grasp pushed to the ground. she landed a few feet behind the man and pulled the sword to her. The mans flame went out as soon as she touched the hilt. She tossed a coin in an arch so it landed on the other side on the man. she tugged on it letting the man block it with his shield. This caused her to rocket towards him at blinding speed. She hit his back feet first she knocked both of them to the ground she stood up quickly. Skirt rustling holding his sword overhead.

Meanwhile Crash was exchanging blows with the other man. he could not get in very close because of the flames but if he strayed to far away the mans larger weapon would swing around. he threw his daggers at the man distracting him long enough to let Crash draw his sword.Crash disarmed his opponent with a few quick blows of his sword. The duel master gave the signal to stop and declared us the winners.

Oh my gosh, what have we gotten ourselves into was the thought that passed through both of our minds as we walked back to the lord

Last edited:

Creepychu

The horror
Charles Ashton
Mojave Commonwealth
Three Crows Valley

Compared to the showy displays around them, the Commonwealth's delegation was a rather modest affair: eight men in soberly colored business suits, Charles at their head, bearing his usual polite smile, in stark contrast to his stony-faced escort. As the demand for disarmament was proclaimed and the resultant furor washed over the crowd, he maintained his composure, calmly filing in behind the more over-eager warlords.

"I have no qualms about disarmament." he told the nearest attendant, "But I'm afraid these old legs of mine just aren't what they used to be." he leaned rather exaggeratedly on his cane for emphasis, "You wouldn't happen to have a cane to spare for an old man, would you?"

The attendant hesitated for a moment and scampered off to obtain the crows' approval, and - after a brief exchange - returned with a simple but sturdy-looking wood cane, which Charles made a point of testing out for a moment before nodding in approval.

"Much obliged."

With a few quick exchanges of gestures with his escort, the two burliest men split off from the eight and one of the six remaining, apparently the senior officer, stepped forward. With dignified poise, Charles handed over his cane for safe-keeping, the two men next to him following suit and removing various weapons, from guns to knives and brass knuckles, from their person, which they then handed over for the remaining five to carry between them. Neither of them were bearers, Charles assured the woman in charge of checking them for metal.

Once inside, it didn't take long for Charles to gravitate to the corner where the northern rulers were gathering up, cheerfully slipping in introductions and pleasantries to familiar lesser warlords as he went.

"Ah, king Astor. I trust this seat is free?" he beamed jovially at Alexander, indicating the seat to his left, and - receiving no immediate rebuttal from anyone present - claimed it for himself, his two bodyguards falling in a polite distance behind him, still clearly close enough to step in at a moment's notice, "Dorothy sends her regards," he added in explanation for the conspicuous absence of his favorite aide, "She couldn't make it, I'm afraid. Bit of a situation with the new panels down south, couldn't wait, you know how peak season is. Truly a shame, she was really looking forward to coming." a blatant lie, but in his experience the king of Galletia was rarely adverse to such things as long as they were flattering to him.

"Ah, but I ramble on." he gave an apologetic smile in the direction of Erik and the Kendricks, "I do apologize. It is a bad habit of us old men to speak far too much of ourselves and our own concerns, I'm afraid. A pleasure to see you as always, queen Kendrick, Jarl Erik." he beamed warmly at each in turn, "And you too of course, mister Kendrick." he nodded in acknowledgement of Cole, "I trust everything is well with your respective domains?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Heather Reid
MRPA
Three Crows Valley

Heather Reid was no stranger to social occasions, but the more she saw of the summit, the more she was convinced that she didn't like it. It wasn't the fact that there was enough raw bearer power on site to make the Cedar Rapids incident look like a light scuffle, that was expected and the comforting cool of the beads wrapped around her wrist was enough to reassure her she would walk out of it if she put her mind to it. It wasn't even that this Astor character had somehow managed to book the Three Crows Valley for his little social outing and yet appeared to have completely whiffed on securing even a single bottle of the Crows' famous whiskey for refreshments (a tragic disordering of priorities in her opinion). No, what really had her on edge was the fact she was expected to represent. Representing meant having to be presentable, and being presentable meant...

Heather groaned quietly for herself, muscles shifting restlessly as they attempted to find comfort within the fresh, foreign set of clothes occupying her body. Casting a glance at the crowd around her, she quietly thanked her lucky stars she had taken up allegiance with a mercenary company and was consequently at least spared the indignity of a skirt or - god forbid - a formal dress like the ones several of the would-be royal dignitaries were sporting. By comparison, the dress shirt, tie, and trousers were certainly far preferable, but the burden of clothes that showed off every tear and stain they acquired still weighed heavily on her mind, and she found herself constantly attempting to straighten out creases or brush off dirt specks as she walked, her hands restlessly alternating between mussing up her hair and promptly returning it back to order with the comb she had brought with her. If this fidgeting bothered Julius, the oligarch certainly wasn't showing it as he waded through the crowd, greeting current, former and prospective business partners with equal joviality and gusto, likely - heather imagined - because people tended to shift between the three far too quickly for a distinction between them to have any meaning.

Heather herself kept to the back of the escort, contenting herself with listening to the chatter and squabbling of the bearers around her. Like this, she was vaguely aware of the politics around her, the ebb and flow of which warlords spoke to which, who was left out, who spent a little too much time around their employer's rival, looking for a shot at greener pastures, which warlord was the most desperate to court freelancer support, but yet she could remain comfortably aloof of it all, safe behind the soothing buffer of the mission. She was here for security detail, she reminded herself, and for the time being that was all. Whatever the outcome of the countless backroom deals being forged and broken around her was, it had no bearing on her life until somebody signed their name on the dotted line, and would have none again after she received her payment for a job well done.

As the demand for their artifacts came out, however, Heather's zen state of acceptance came to an abrupt halt and she redoubled her efforts to drag her feet and hang behind the group until it became clear that she had been chosen to be in attendance. Not a surprising move on Julius's part considering her reputation, but still...

"H-hey, mine's fine too right?" she pleaded, treating the Crows to her most imploring stare as her grip around the bead necklace instinctively tightened. Much like Dorian, she had been a frequent patron of the compound, though her interests had admittedly mostly turned to the more earthly kind of spirits after she had recovered from her initial shock. Still, being a regular had to count for something, right? "If nobody uses powers it won't hurt a fly, scout's honor."

Last edited:

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
Allison Oswald
The Rosethorn Empire
Three Crows Valley

Allison shuddered in the cramped space of the horse-drawn wagon that she shared with Julian and two very large guards. For the hundredth time she whined, "And you couldn't have possibly spared enough gas for a Jeep ride here?" Julian snickered. "Like I said, it took a lot to get all of these bearers and guards here. Who does Alexander think he is anyway? But it doesn't matter. How's my hair?" "It's fine, Pretty Boy. Now what's the plan?" "Why does there always need to be a plan?" "Becauuuuuuse, if we go in there without a plan, then all of those fools will actually stand a chance!" "I specifically told you, this summit will be peaceful." "What an idiot! Now is a better chance than ever to end this war once and for all!" Julian fell back in his seat. "Allison, behave." "Yes Dad." "Dammit Allison!" sighed Julian as he threw up his hands. "The peace we have right now is fragile. You need to promise me that you will not sacrifice that peace for the-" "This peace is just a bunch of bozos being bored out of their biscuits!"

There was a silence in the vehicle. Julian looked out the window as Allison crossed her arms and slumped, fingering her necklace. Finally Julian spoke up. "Is this about-" "You know that's what it's f*cking about." Julian seemed to contemplate this for a moment. Then he stuck his hand in his pocket. "Dammit, I wanted the timing to be so much better." "Oh no. OOOh no. Julian Castro, we are not doing this here. Not now." "Do you want this or not?" Julian tossed a ring at her. He seemed to blush as he turned away. He was being uncharacteristically bashful. "W-W-Would you-" "We're here lovebirds," said a guard as they pulled up. The other one whispered something in his ear to the effect of "Did you see her face?" and "Looks like we found something the Emperor can't do!" Allison punched him in the shoulder. "OW!" "He is your emperor and you will respect him, weakling!"

When they exited the wagon, Allison saw several artifact bearers and warlords, and Julian was about to walk right over there. She put her hand on his shoulder. "Save it for the summit." "..." Allison directed her outfit of guards over towards the entrance. Seeing that they were all disarming and giving up their artifacts, Allison asked, "What assurance do I have that you can keep it safe? And how can incompetent peace-keepers as you expect to-" Julian put his hand on her shoulder. "Save it for the summit." Allison actually smiled a little, and then went inside.

When they went in, she noticed several warlords and bearers who were at least minorly respectable. O'Brien, Ashton, Cole, and Lexa. Nodding respectfully at her, Allison then turned her attention to Crash and Charm, who were both behaving like idiots and fighting outside. Julian and she took the seats closest to Lexa by Allison's subtle suggestion. Looking directly at her, Allison said, "It's good to see you. Has Kendrick been treating you well?" Julian immediately began speaking to the mercenary named Heather from outside. "Heather! Wonderful to see you, as always. I hope you don't intend on bringing that inside, my dear. If fighting broke out, you'd easily have an advantage, you understand. Even so, it does look nice on you. Perhaps that will be all right, eh Allison?" She grunted, "Why are you talking to a weakling like that?" Julian groaned. "Work with me here." She ignored him.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Lexa Kendrick
Oberon
Three Crows Valley

Lexa was making idle conversation with Astor when a commotion outside drew her attention. Cole subtly signaled one of the Imperial Guard to investigate, and the woman swiftly returned and murmured something to her brother. Cole bent close and spoke softly into her ear. "A pair of mercenaries causing some row. We've heard of them, minor talents." Lexa wasn't surprised that Cole knew about them. He wasn't technically her spymasater, that privilege belong to another man with more suitable powers, but Cole's intel was often just as good, if not better. He made it his business to learn about any noteworthy bearer or faction, for the sake of national security. "They call themselves Crash and Charm," he continued. "Boy and a girl, young-ish. They travel around saying they're fighting for truth, justice and other idealistic crap but mostly they just leave chaos and carnage in their wake. Haven't made their way up north yet, so it hasn't been worth our while to take care of them."

"Could we take care of them, if pressed?"

"Certainly. The boy has a sword that I guess makes him strong, gives him some affinity for weapons. I'd think several of the Imperial Guard are his match, if not in single combat then maybe two or three against one. As for us personally, the sword doesn't make him fireproof, and lightning and big metal sticks don't exactly mix. He's of the common breed of thugs we were putting down left and right in our campaigning days." Cole shrugged. "The girl is a magnet user, and we've dealt with them before, and they've been stronger than her. She's nothing special, not compared to Jonah the Ravager. On a scale of one to five, she's a three, if that."

Lexa hid a chuckle behind her hand. "So they're just more of the same strutting around with their chests puffed out."

Several other dignitaries filtered into the compound and took their seats near them. Charles Ashton, a king with sizable power from out west, took the seat to Astor's left. He made a polite greeting to the assembled, and Lexa beamed at him. It wouldn't hurt to make nice with a man who controlled so very much land. Behind her, Cole stiffened up into a military salute, right hand over heart and left grasping an invisible sword at his hip. "King Charles," he said with a nod. "Though if I may correct your misapprehension, it's Sir Kendrick, if you don't mind."

Lexa reached behind her and gently pinched her brother's leg. "Oh, don't mind him. Truly, Charles, may I call you Charles? It's an honor to finally meet you. We've heard a lot about your large, prosperous realm." Through spies and informants, and most of that was concerning the squabbles of his petty kings and how best to capitalize on a potential power vacuum but no need to mention that to him. Astor made his own polite introductions, and Erik gave a cursory hello, though the Jarl was busy squaring his shoulders and sizing up the competition in typical alpha male fashion.

The dignitaries of the Rosethorn Empire took their seats next to them, and after introductions were made, Lexa beamed at the new arrivals. "Well, aren't I a popular girl?" She noted Allison's derisive glance at Crash and Charm outside the gate and gave the Amazon a private wink. After the signal came for their impromptu spat to end, Lexa rolled her eyes and straightened, so as to better draw her companions' eye and dominate the conversation. "Honestly, if a lord looking to get those two in his employ, he must be destitute, desperate or both. Honestly, it's because of people like them that we need kings, or queens or," she waved her hand in a languid gesture to encompass the nobility around the table, "Whatever you choose to style yourself as, in the first place. Certainly we have our quarrels, but on the whole it brings a much greater sense of order to things. Certainly it's better than allowing those... barbarians to run wild across the continent. Don't you agree?"

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
(I really meant to do this earlier, but due to unforseen time issues yesterday, I couldn't)
Kitt
Geordia
Three Crows Valley

"Emperor Johaun! We're almost there!"

Dennis climbs up the last hill and sees the Three Crows Valley compound. "Ha... Finally..."

Kitt notices him stressing, and motions for a servant to come. "Don't hurt yourself. Let Byron carry you the rest of the way." Byron walks in front of him and offers his hands. Having an artifact that provides him strength, he made a good servant for the Emperor, especially because his brains were in the commands of his superiors.

"Yes... that would be nice..." Dennis takes Byron's hands, and he is easily lifted up to a holster that made the experience more comfortable.

The other two men, Varius and Gaiden, came up. Varius has an artifact that allows him to be a sponge for attacks. Unfortunately, he cannot attack, but it takes hours of taking attacks to faze him. Gaiden has no artifact, but has proven his worth against artifact holders. His gunsword was found in the ruins of a battlefield, and is believed to be some sort of magical fusion. Kitt addresses them. "Let's go! At a fast pace we can get there in five minutes! Then we can rest."

"Do you think we're late, Kitt?" Dennis asks.

"Ha, no," he replies, "I KNOW we're late. Astor and his stupid medieval play... If he had sent us an email, then we would be there on time, but NO, he had to send some sort of magical messenger. Our defenses thought he meant harm, and kept him out. Plus the secretary in training didn't even think to look in the mail slot, oh no, she was playing Candy Crush!"

Dennis looks at him with a stern look, or at least as stern as he could be, tired as he was. "It does not do to dwell on such thoughts. At least we managed to get most of the way without walking."

"Maybe... But that doesn't matter right now. We're here."

The attendants looked almost surprised to see them there. They were even more surprised to see that the emperor was sitting on Byron's back. Byron reaches back and puts him down. Dennis seems to have recovered a bit. "I'm sorry we are late. You can blame our stronghold's defenses and Candy Crush." As the attendants seem to still be spaced out, he continues. "I have an invitation to the summit. Do I just go in that way...? Hello?"

With that, one of the attendants snap to attention. "Sorry, sir. The sisters of Three Crows Valley insist that all artifacts or metal object be removed and left here. No fighting is to take place."

"If that is how the sisters wish it, then be my guest." Dennis holds out his Omega Ring, and the attendant carefully puts it away. "I have no metal possessions."

Kitt sighs. "If I must. But I will tell you, if it's not stuck in a target, my artifact will come back. So, to preserve the peace..." Kitt walks up to Varius, turns it into a dagger, then stabs it into his gut, so it would stay. "But if there is fighting, take it out," he whispers. Stepping back, he looks at the three bodyguards. "You three will stay here. I see that other warlords have left their helpers dispatched here... I suppose it is for the best." Taking off his gold circlet, he hands it over to the assistant. "Unless I can keep it..."

"I believe marks of power such as these, assuming they are not artifacts, are fine." The assistant hands it back.

Dennis speaks up. "I believe we're all set to go in?"

"Yes sir!"

"Finally..." Kitt grumbles.

As they walk in, Kitt notices someone out in the corner. "Emperor Johaun, isn't that..."

"The Leader of the Black Hand, yes."

"I don't suppose we could sit over here?" he says, pointing to the opposite corner.

Creepychu

The horror
Heather Reid
MRPA
Three Crows Valley

As Julian addressed her, Heather's entire posture shifted, a mischievous glint appearing in her eyes as she spun around to face him.

"I know, doesn't it?" she smiled coquettishly, holding the necklace up in front of her and striking a pose to better show it off, "I tried to explain that to this guy," she waved a dismissive hand at the increasingly uncomfortable-looking attendant, "But he just ignored me, isn't that just awful?" she tilted her head to the side, angling herself a tiny bit closer as she fixed Julian with her most innocent pleading face.

Between her insistent complaints and this latest display, the processing line Heather was in was now firmly clogged, and with her theatrical manner and loud proclamations, an increasing amount of curious eyes and ears were turning towards the scene, several curious murmurs spreading throughout the crowd.

To most of the people gathered, Heather's behavior itself was nothing new. Like most factions of its size, the Rosethorn Empire had leaned on mercenaries to supplement its own standing army more than a few times during the course of the fall wars, and this was certainly not the first time she had taken an overly familiar tone with the young emperor. One person, however, had consistently not been amused by her behavior, and if the sullen silence already emanating from her direction was any indication, this time was not going to be an exception.

All she needed was a little push.

"Anyway, it's so great to see you again, Julian. Even though I am disappointed in you," she tutted disapprovingly, sneaking a glance at the queen from the corner of her eye, "You shouldn't take a lady's number and then just leave her hanging, you know."

---------------------------------------------------------------------​

Charles Ashton
Mojave Commonwealth
Three Crows Valley

Charles gave a good-natured chuckle at Cole's correction and the subsequent reprimand, "Oh, it is quite alright, my dear. It is only proper to expect to be addressed by appropriate title. Though, if I may correct a misapprehension in return, Sir Kendrick, the title is Lord Protector, or petty king of Las Vegas if you prefer." he smiled, "I have the privilege of representing the Commonwealth, but I like to think of us as a fellowship of like-minded peers." he turned his placid smile back to Lexa, "Charles is fine, however; I am not personally attached to formalities."

As Lexa spoke up to condemn the scuffle outside, Charles simply leaned back in his seat, idly observing her impassioned speech without further comment until she directly turned to them for opinions.

"An understandable position." he conceded, "I've seen what becomes of pure anarchy and it certainly did not turn out well. However, let's not forget that it hasn't been all that long since we all were 'barbarians' just like them." he let his glance roam across the various bearers assembled, "I can hardly blame them for trying to forge their own way as well."

Before he could elaborate further, however, gasps and reactions of shock surrounding Kitt's rather dramatic disarmament raised a commotion at the entrance, soon joined by Heather's loud dramatics.

"...rowdy though they may be." he added diplomatically, receding back into his chair.

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
Crash & Charm
wandering
just out side

~Crash~
"Traveling with a warlord certainly has perks." Charm said sipping on her drink. She was wearing a black knee length skirt and a black tee shirt with green lighting bolts running across the fabric.

"Hm" I replied content to let her do all or most of the talking she seemed to like doing that. The cat walked over and sat down and the chair next to Charm. I was standing leaning on the windowsill. we were inside our merchant carriage dubbed 'The Box'.
I had been asked to duel a few more times but Charm had not had to participate after the first one. Although she was on the side pushing or pulling on things discretely giving me a hand. The caravan stopped. We had arrived. We were in a flied one of many most likely since their were only a couple of other people milling about. There were 147 people in our group and I had only met about 30 of them. It had taken us 4 months to get here. We had traveled slowly getting side tracked and taking detours because of bad roads. "Do you think we will find someone here that knows what these scrolls mean?" I asked Charm

"Well maybe. There are a lot of people here and we are just looking for a translator." Charm replied looking thoughtful. "Lets go and look." She dashed off trusting me to follow I smiled and told Tascalusas' secretary to have someone take care of The Box and then went to look for Charm

~Charm~
I wandered around seeing and finding all sorts of interesting things. Walking by merchants selling their wares and by jugglers and acrobats. The world had seemed to return to mid evil times. Even thou we still know about much of the technology we used to have. most of it won't work anymore. I talked to merchants and people in the crowed I passed a pair of bearers dueling in an arena. One of them we shooting fire and the others was putting the fire out with blasts of air. I learned from a woman with a large purple witches hat that we were just outside the valley but to enter we would be required to turn our weapons in. I waited outside of the entrance waiting for Crash "He's so slow" I said out loud not caring who heard me "He moves faster than the devil himself on he battle field but when it comes to the daily stuff he's sluggish." Then I saw him. Standing wearing a blue hoodie and black track pants he stood out among the crowd. I waived to get his attention as shouting over the general babble was futile. He spotted me and started walking my way. He was carrying a large bag. When we were close enough to hear each other he started talking.

"I finally found you. anyways I found some neat things that might come in handy." he was talking quietly but She could still hear him well. "I found some explosive spheres that will work very nicely with your powers. They have a metal part that you can magnetize to send them hurtling towards them but then you can pull on the inside to make them turn into a grenade. I also found some obsidian daggers. I know you dislike weapons that you can't effect but what if you have to face someone with similar powers." He handed the items to her in total there were about 20 spheres and 4 daggers.

She was surprised. Smart she thought. Her powers were not magnetic based and Crash knew this they were dependent on weight which made them much stronger and versatile. But he must have thought about concealing the true nature of my powers and he must have thought about hiding his healing ability's. His powers would let him recover from wounds and injures much quicker than any normal person. He had broken his leg once but had been fine the next day. Almost perfectly healed. "Did you find anything for you?" I asked hoping he had found some way of repelling the lighting that many bearers could summon. "Did you find THAT weapon?"

"Yes I found something for me" he said pulling out what looked like a Naruto ninja star on a metal stick. "But it won't help us with or lighting problem." He also pulled out some ninja stars I looked at him puzzled "What I have always wanted to use these. What is I have..."

"My coins serve the same function" I interrupted a little annoyed that he was talking all of the sudden. Weapons always did this to him. "but you already bought them. Did you find a translator" I asked

"Yes but he does not know the language. He suggested that we take the manuscripts into the valley as their is a very prestigious translator in there." He said his eyes alight

"Then let's be off" I said grabbing his hand and leading him into the valley.

The woman at the counter requested that we disarmed themselves. I had been ready for this but apparently Crash had not. "What do you mean I have to drop all of my weapons." he wined She told him that this was going to be a peaceful summit. He placed all his weapons in the tray without a second complaint but he still looked a little annoyed at having to put all of his weapons back. "Your tools of death will be returned to you as you exit the valley good day. It felt weird not having the comforting presence of the rings on my fingers.

~Crash~
We eventually found our translator and we were outside what appeared to be a large tent that some warlords were debating and talking. and on the other side of the tent there was a crowed of bearers. I had never seen so many together in my life. We showed the translator our manuscript and in an old frail voice he said yes I kn ow that language. It's an only form of Hebrew. It will take me a while to decipher it thought. He took the papers and read the heading. Then he ripped them in half and then the other half again the he per ceded to empty a water bottle onto them. "oi,"I said"what was that for" my hands clenched into fists I was shouting but I did not care.

"The last people that translated that manuscript were killed by the Arbiter. I did it for your own good." the man would not look me in the eyes I knew he was holding back some bit of information I was shouting again "What the hell are you thinking? What are YOU not telling us? Stop lying, that was our only lead. Now we are back to square one." I continued to shout at him not even hearing my own words. Charm touched my shoulder and started saying something to me in an attempt to appease me. I wouldn't stand for it thought. "Get off me Charm. He DESTROYED our manuscript now we have nothing...Nothing at all.

-Charm
Why is he reacting so violently...What are the other warlords and bearers thinking about us now?

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
The Arbiter
Factionless
Three Crows Valley

The masked man leaned against an ancient cedar tree near the Three Crows sister's palisade, far enough from the gathering not to attract notice. Behind the carved raven mask, his mouth twisted up into a wry grin. Astor's little pageant had turned into quite the success. He leapt impossibly high, alighting onto the first thick branch of the cedar and peering down at the gathering. The standards of kings and warlords snapped in the breeze, a sea of colors. The scent of woodsmoke and cooking food wafted up to him, as did the sounds of conversation colored with accents from all over the continent. Many of the warlords were taking their places at the tent inside the stockade, and many of the mercenaries and guards were loitering around the outskirts to eavesdrop on conversations. He jumped down and ghosted to the edge of, well, festival was the only word that seemed to fit. He drew up the hood of the cloak he wore, and moved freely through the crowd. So long as he kept his signature mask hidden, no one would know him or remark upon his passing. Many of the warlords and bearers had adopted outlandish or anachronistic fashions since the Fall, a long cloak with a cowl was no different from the Renaissance garb that Astor favored at court. He knew that many in Thorgard wore clothes that someone transplanted from 9th century Denmark would be perfectly at home in, and that Queen Alexis had quite a thing for corsets and Victorian-style dresses, and her brother had a hard-on for military dress uniforms from the same era.

As he made his way through the press, he noticed the two mercenaries who had caused a commotion before with their ill-advised duel. They were standing next to a translator with an old book. Their ilk had been doing a brisk business since the Fall, with the downfall of easy-to-access Internet translators. The man mentioned something about the last people to have the manuscript were killed by the Arbiter before ripping it to shreds. "Oh, son of a b*tch," the Arbiter muttered under his breath. That particular urban legend was completely untrue, but he allowed it to spread to further his reputation. The book itself was an artifact, though it's original bearer was dead, and no one else had been able to claim it yet. The man who used to be it's bearer was an Orthodox Jewish rabbi, and a personal friend of the Arbiter's. When he held it, the words in the book would move of their own volition, spiraling across the page like a swarm of insects, knitting new phrases and, so the rabbi had claimed, prophecies. Apparently, the book had granted the man some measure of clairvoyance, or at least a scarily accurate form of divination. However, the gift of the foreknowledge came with the crippling price of incredibly vivid hallucinations that drove the man to madness. The last the Arbiter had seen of him, he had not slept in nearly three weeks, so terrible were his nightmares. Utterly exhausted and driven far beyond despair, the rabbi took his own life to make the visions stop.

The Arbiter had spirited the manuscript away, knowing that occasionally another might take up the artifact of a dead bearer, should the artifact find the person worthy. However, he did not wish to inflict the torment of the rabbi onto anyone else, so he hid it away until he could find a way to counteract the side effects. When he began to hear rumors that two treasure hunters in the badlands had discovered a rare book, he tracked them down quickly and informed them that it was something like the Voynich manuscript, an ancient book of indecipherable language that was utterly nonsensical. He claimed he had stolen it from a private collection and planned to sell it to the highest bidder when the chaos of the Fall died down. Then he made it seem like he fled from the men when they confronted him, wanting the spoils for themselves. He tailed them back towards civilization where, shortly after, they killed each other in a dispute, not wanting to share the profits. The Arbiter let the story spread that he killed them to deter others from seeking it out, sparing them the horror of finding the manuscript and having it come alive for them. But now that it was destroyed, he could put that worry from his mind. Shame that the kids had come so far with something so utterly pointless for their goal, whatever it might be. They seemed like the kind of wide-eyed idealists who would say they fought for the kinds of things Captain America had stood for, truth, honor and whatnot, and he wasn't quite certain what that particular artifact had to do with that crock of sh*t. The Arbiter scoffed.

He leaned up against the palisade wall and whistled a bird call. From over by the gates, Mandy Three Crows made her way through the crowd, her silver hair tumbling past her shoulders, entirely unlike her sisters sheer gray bob. "That you dear?" she murmured as she peered up under his hood. "Why it must be, we're too far south for the scarlet tangers this time of year." She clasped the Arbiter's hands warmly and patted the side of his mask. "Still wearin' that ol' thing?"

"I think it makes me look dashing."

"Oh, I miss the days when you were just moonli'htin' as a superhero."

"Secret identities become a liability, ma'am. Easier to put them aside." The two of them shared a chuckle at their old, recycled banter. "It's good to see you again," the Arbiter said earnestly. "I've been away too long. I'm glad you're both doing well."

The old woman poked his chest. "And you're not eating right. You've lost weight, and you can't afford to lose anymore. We gotta fatten you up 'fore you go traipsing off again." She smiled. "I left some food out on our windowsill for you 'fore Josie and I came out here, dear. But don't blame me if some critter's gotten to it. It's your own fault you're so late. You go on in and get some good food in you. I'm thinkin' Astor's gonna want to be startin' up soon."

"Thanks, ma'am. You're always too kind to me."

"You hurry before I change my mind and eat all my delicious food myself."

"Will do, ma'am." He slipped through the gate and wandered down one of the side alleys of the compound, slipping a meat pie of the old, weather-worn windowsill behind the house the two sisters shared. There had been something else on a plate next to it, but some chipmunk or other small animal had been at it. The Arbiter drew a small tin fork out of his tunic and picked at the pie, savoring the nuanced spices and flavors. Mandy certainly knew how to cook. He picked out pork and ground beef, both flavored to make them taste distinct. He sat on an old crate in the shadow of an alley, watching the warlords mill around the tent. Astor was sitting with his northern brethren, along with some folk from out west. The kingdoms were larger out there, though less densely populated. Oberon and the ruins of New York that had been claimed by the Black Hand were fairly small territories, considering, but they had populations to rival many of their western counterparts.

The Arbiter carefully maneuvered the pie through a slit in the beak of his mask and savored another bite as he leaned his back against the smoothed wooden wall of the house he sat next to. On the other side of the main square Dorian, who the Arbiter jokingly (and never to his face) referred to as Dr. Banner, caught his eye and lifted his hand in greeting. The Arbiter inclined his head before turning his attention back to the tent. The peace talks would start soon, and he was fairly eager to see what would happen. Of course, he couldn't interfere or even participate, much as he might like to. He was a watcher, and that was exactly what he was going to do. He sat back, put aside the empty pie plate, and he watched.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Cole Kendrick
Faction: Oberon
Three Crows Valley

Astor cleared his throat when most of the warlords had gathered around the round table. "Are we ready to begin?" Without waiting for an answer, he clapped his hands together once. "Wonderful. I think we have taken care of pleasantries on our own time, and therefore I believe we shall get right to business. Any objections?" Once again, he paused for barely a heartbeat before launching into the next part of his spiel. "As you can tell from the pains we have all taken to make the time to come here, this is by no means an ordinary trade summit. I hope that I do not exaggerate when I say I hope for this to become the Geneva Convention of the Western Hemisphere, and the foundation of the new age we find ourselves in."

"Let's just hope it's not the Sarajevo, 1914, of our new age," Cole muttered under his breath. Erik scoffed and Cole was a little impressed the viking understood the joke. Lexa pinched his kneecap and Cole fell silent.

Astor straightened up in his chair, and Cole had to admit he looked every inch a king, taken right from the days of the Crusades. "In the previous epoch, the one that ended with the Fall, the European Union existed as a coalition of sovereign states that shared the same geographic area that were inextricably linked by bonds both economic and political. It was imminently less volatile than the post-colonial system the European continent linked itself together with, a tangled system of noble marriages and flimsy treaties, the self-same system that ultimately plunged the continent into World War I. Naturally, I would think it would be in all of our best interests in preventing a similar war from breaking out in our own hemisphere in the modern day. I don't know if I speak for the rest of you, but I am quite tired of the wars that have marked the last five years. All of us gathered here have been given great powers, and I think that with these powers we ought to usher in an age of peace and prosperity, rising above the chaos and bloodshed that inevitably marked our transition into this brave new world."

Cole noted that many of the lords, kings and various assorted other self-styled nobles around the table were nodding in agreement. Astor presented a rather overly-idealistic case, but he was a good orator, and he had much of the crowd eating from the palm of his hand. "Now to return to my earlier point, on the success of the alliances of the European Union. What made the EU so very successful was that it transcended a political union and was far more an economic one. The major powers were inextricably linked by their burgeoning industries. I would propose a similar union on the North American continent. Because, let us be honest with ourselves, each of us has something someone else wants. For example, my own realm of Galletia, while being quite rich in nature's bounty, lacks a sea port for trade. My neighbors in Oberon, Thorgard and the Manhattan Confederacy are maritime superpowers, such as it is. However, Oberon and the Confederacy are heavily industrialized powers as well, and they do not have the large tracts of farmland my own kingdom boasts. Thorgard, conversely, is a rugged land mostly unspoiled by the ravages of industry. I like to see my own land as a happy medium between the two extremes and-"

"Alexander," Lexa said. "Please get to the point."

"Yes, right, of course. What I am getting at is this. When my neighbors and I briefly stop trying to kill each other," this was said in a light tone, obviously meant as a joke, and it garnered a few polite laughs, though none from the rulers of Oberon, Thorgard or Manhattan, "we each can provide the others with something they want. I am proposing an alliance like this for the entire continent. For example, Governor General Hill, would you not like to be able to expand your trade beyond the banks of the Mississippi, perhaps making inroads via tributaries into the sovereign states of the far-flung west?" He turned down the table. "I know I certainly would not mind shipping out Galletia's agricultural surplus to the western territories. Chief Running Horse, Elder Smith, how long has it been since you two have eaten an orange, or drank coffee?"

The Native American chief in full ceremonial garb and the reservedly dressed Mormon elder glanced at each other. The two men were fierce rivals, their territories closely bordering each other. The Mormons had banded together to take control of large swathes of Utah in the Fall, and Running Horse and his braves were looking to revive the Lakota nation on the lowland plains not so far away from where the Latter Day Saints had their more prosperous farms. "Gets to be pretty cold in the Rockies," Elder Smith admitted. "And the last few winters have been pretty hard."

"Didn't think I'd ever drink coffee again," Running Horse added. "Out of all the things the apocalypse took away, who would have thought I'd mourn the loss of Starbucks?" Another laugh around the table.

"You see?" Astor said, spreading his hands. "And if we were united in trade, and anything were to disrupt our trade routes, the four of us could reliably be counted upon to defend those routes, turning on the interloping power. Is that not so?"

"Be bad business practice to do otherwise," Julius said with a glance at the other two men. "All right Astor. I was curious before, but I'm likin' what I hear. Keep talkin'."

"And that's just the beginning of it," Astor said, becoming more animated. Cole realized that the man really believed in this. "You see what we could accomplish the more kingdoms join us? We all have something to bring to the table, do we not?"

"It's a solid plan," Erik said. "My men and I up north, we've been building a lot of boats. Longships, you know, with sails and oars, like my ancestors used to build in Scandinavia hundreds of years ago. We don't have much fuel left, but we can sail. Mostly they get wrecked pretty bad after a good season of raiding. But it'd be better if we could sell them." He glanced at Lexa. "Your tankers and steel-plated battleships are impressive, I'll give you that, but trading around 'Gansett bay or the Sound? You're wasting good fuel there. I'll bet together we could build tall ships like from the 1800s, but with motors. For trans-Atlantic trade, or going through the Panama Canal, to Rosethorn or wherever. Plus," he turned to Baron Peter Black, the giant gruff redheaded man who had laid claim to most of the land around Hudson Bay, "I could use some of your lumber. I don't want to overtax my forests."

"And we could trade our furs and sh*t through your ports too?" the baron said.

"I don't see why not, but that's a hell of a way to bring it all."

"The perfumed ladies of Galletia and Oberon'll pay the most," Peter said with a loud laugh.

From there, the chatter around the table grew very excited as the warlords and nobles began to propose their budding alliances. Astor said back with a satisfied grin, allowing other kings to take the stand and make tentative pledges to his cause. The first naysayer was Major O'Brien. "The United States does not negotiate with traitors!" he bellowed.

"Then it's your loss," Astor remarked, lazily flicking his hand. "Face facts, major. The Government in Exile is pretty weak. The United States as we know it is dead and gone. You can hold on to the trappings of the past if you wish, but in time I think you'll find you're hard pressed to keep yourself so high and mighty as the world changes around you."

"Are you threatening me?" O'Brien growled.

"I am merely stating the self-evident truth, major. Look at history. The little kingdoms and commonwealths that stood up to the encroaching hegemony didn't last so very long."

A vein throbbed in the major's neck. "You listen here you up-jumped son of a-" Lieutenant Saunders grabbed his arm and whispered something in his ear. O'Brien looked around the table and saw the naked hostility in the eyes of the men and women around him and slowly took his seat. He was, for now, outnumbered and outvoted, and he knew when to make a tactical retreat. The crowd was solidly in Astor's camp.

The negotiations continued for another half hour, and the sun was beginning it's westward descent, almost level with the tops of the ancient trees outside the Three Crows' palisade. Cole had allowed himself to lapse into a state of restfulness; it seemed that Astor's gambit was paying off. But the hairs on the back of his neck began to stand on end, the strange martial instinct he had honed over the past five years alerting him of a subtle change in the air that meant something was wrong. He glanced down, Erik was bristling too. "You feel it, don't you Kendrick?" the jarl muttered. "Something ain't right here."

As though the words were a magic spell, an orb of deep black appeared in the center of the round table, roughly the size of a small melon. Rapidly, it began to expand until it covered the entire tent's interior, plunging the gathering into a strange artificial night. It wasn't pitch black, some ambient light from outside managed to filter in, but it was pretty damn close. Everyone at the summit was tense, those in the tent cut off from the mercenaries and retainers without. Josie gripped her staff and began to chant softly. "Lex..." Cole whispered. And that's when people started to scream.

Men dressed in black clothing appeared out of thin air, armed to the teeth. Several nobles died in the first three seconds, the metallic scent of blood cloying in the air. Josie's chant grew to a ululating cry, soon echoed by unseen voices. Cole felt an intense gale whip through the space, and some of the mysterious assailants dropped to their knees, clutching their temples. Josie had summoned her ancestors to their aid, but the spirits of the departed could not directly affect the world of the living, only possess some of the foes to render them incapacitated briefly. A slight rustle of fabric behind Cole made him whirl, dimly making out the silhouette of a man in black creeping up to strike at his sister. "Don't you touch her!" he roared, pushing up the arm of his uniform and tearing away a spandex sleeve, palming the aluminum knife he had concealed there. Aluminum, being magnetically inert, was invisible to magnetic bearers. Generally the metal was too flimsy to be a viable weapon, but after facing Jonah the Ravager, Cole had enlisted several of Oberon's finest craftsmen to craft an arsenal made of aluminum, daggers and pistols and low-caliber bullets. They layered the metal so it was less liable to break in the blades, and used pressurized air in the firearms. Normally, Cole couldn't use any of them because the intense heat produced by Inferno caused the metal to melt when it came within a few feet of him. But here, he had a feeling he would be stripped of his weapon of choice and had taken precautions.

He whipped the dagger across the man's throat, producing a spray of blood. The man fell to the ground, and Cole quickly knelt, making sure his cut was deep enough to be fatal. "Watch your back, Kendrick!" Erik shouted. As Cole whirled around, he saw the jarl swing his wooden chair at the back of a man who had sought to strike Cole unawares. Erik the Red bludgeoned the assailant until the sturdy chair shattered in his hands, and the man was unmoving on the ground. "I figured you'd sneak some of your toys into this thing," Erik growled, palming one of the broken chair legs. "You go help people who need it. I'll keep an eye on your sister."

For a moment, Cole hesitated. This would be the perfect opportunity for Erik to dispose of one of his chief rivals for power. The raider king must have seen it on his face, because he put a hand on Cole's shoulder. "I wouldn't do it here. Not like this. I want to take you two down in a fair fight." He gave Cole an Imperial Guard salute, and the knight nodded. If there was one person in this whole damn valley he could count on to watch his back now, it was Erik the Red. He vaulted up onto the table and sprinted down its length to tackle an assassin running for Emperor Castro of Rosethorn. He plunged the aluminum dagger into the man's eye and held it there until he stopped squirming.

He looked up and locked eyes with the emperor's Amazonian bodyguard. She looked like she could handle herself in a fight, even without an artifact. He rolled up his other sleeve and unraveled an aluminum garrote from his left arm. The metal strands had left deep imprints on his hand. He tossed the garrote to her. "Take that. Don't get yourself killed, I'll want it back when this is over." Then he was running again, in time to take down an assailant gunning for Lexa's oil baron from Louisiana. From the far side of the table, he could hear the large dog that Father Fitzpatrick's acolyte had brought growling and snapping at unseen foes. He had a flash of realization and berated himself for being so stupid. It wasn't a dog at all, it was a wolf. That girl was none other than Mary, the infamous feral child.

Two more shadowy figures appeared in the middle of the table, the larger one causing it to splinter beneath his weight. Cole could vaguely make out a carved raven mask underneath the hood of the smaller one. "Hulk," the Arbiter said with a chuckle. "Smash."

Dorian glanced over his shoulder and growled. "Don't call me that." But his fist shot out and caught the abdomen of one of the mysterious warriors in black, and Cole saw the man's body ripple in the shock wave of the punch. He flew up against the slightly concave black field and slid down it. Cole now realized why the Imperial Guard had not rushed to his aid, the black field was an impenetrable membrane. Dorian bellowed a wordless battle cry and lifted up another of the men by his shoulders, then ripped him in two as easily as if he was wet paper. The man's bones snapped and blood sprayed. Cole had seen a lot of war and death in the past five years, enough so that he didn't even flinch at the thought of killing a man, but that kind of raw savagery and power made him want to be sick. The Arbiter saw Cole with the aluminum knife and shook his head.

"You're cheating, Kendrick. I thought they said no weapons."

"You've got an artifact," Cole said. "And I think this worked out all right for me."

The Arbiter conceded the point. "You keep the northerners safe. Dorian and I will clean up." He drew two machetes from under his cloak and howled a ululating battle cry not unlike the one Josie had uttered before. He and Dorian dove into the largest press of assailants. Cole couldn't stand to watch Dorian's awful power at work, so he hastened back to Erik's side. The jarl had a chair leg in each hand, and was bludgeoning any assassin within arm's reach. Astor was defending the two Three Crows sisters and Ashton with his own chair, his face warped from the earlier amicable facade into a brutal, vengeful mask. Lexa crouched beneath the wreckage of the table, holding her left arm to staunch the blood pumping from it. Cole knelt next to her.

"What happened?"

"One of the bastards got me," she hissed. "I'll be fine, it's not as bad as it looks."

"She saved my arse," Erik grunted, catching an assassin in the temple with his wooden club. "Appreciate it, your majesty." He spared Cole a glance. "Now I'm returning the favor."

Cole plunged his dagger into the abdomen of a wounded marauder and wiped blood from a wound on his forehead he didn't remember getting. No one had got him there, had they? Had he gotten a mild concussion? He shook his head to clear the dizziness and stood back-to-back with Erik. "At least with the Arbiter and Dorian we stand a chance," he panted. "But there must have been at least fifty of those f*ckers. We've managed to get rid of a bit, but damn, I don't know how much longer we can hold out."

"We'll make it through," Alexander growled as he knocked another one out. "We have to. Now then gentlemen, enough chatter. Once more, into the breach!"

The three northerners screamed in righteous fury, trying to draw the attention of the assassins still standing away from those who could not defend themselves.

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
Allison Oswald
Rosethorn
Three Crows Valley

As the warlords and miscellaneous artifact bearers took their place and settled down, Allison remained on guard. There was something about this meeting that simply didn't make sense. Why now? This meeting came at a time of relative functionality in North America in her opinion, so why would Astor want to discuss peace right now? Asking Julian, he said, "It's actually a smart move on his part. If they were all at each other's throats, this would be an absolutely horrible time to talk about peace terms. These are terms. I think so at least. But in any case, what's your gut telling you?" "Frankly, I don't like this at all. It just doesn't sit right."

For a time, it seemed that Allison was wrong. All Astor seemed to be interested in talking about was trade, the economy, and some sort of American Union. Julian seemed enthralled in the going-ons, offering the technological advances that they had made in the Rosethorn Empire, the Pacific Coast access, and more. And Astor seemed legitimately interested in this business crap. Meanwhile, Allison eyed the area for potential weak spots, weapons, and ways to hide Julian if worst came to worst. And then she was vindicated when it all went to hell. They all were enveloped in a black light of some sort, and an inordinate amount of armed men dressed in black appeared.

"I knew it, dammit!" Allison screamed as she grabbed Julian and threw him under the table. Grabbing her chair, she smashed it against the table and ripped the legs off, using them as weapons. "Where the hell are the Imperial Knights?!" Then she knew. "God damn it! It's the sphere of black light, guys!" she shouted to the others, but it seemed to be drowned out by the fighting. Then one of the assassins headed towards Julian. Allison was too far away, she'd never get there in time. "NO!" Then Cole Kendrick stabbed the assassin in the eye. She froze. What if this is Astor's plan? The unification of the warlords... I just don't see how it could be anyone else! His summit, his idea, HISHISHISHISHIS She was snapped back to attention when Kendrick tossed a garrote at her. But this is it! The artifact bearers are finally coming together for a single cause! Nice. She flashed a thumbs-up at him, threw the chair legs to Julian, and grabbed the garrote mid-air.

She noticed the Arbiter and other Northerners charging into the fray. Even without her stone necklace, Allison had always been athletically talented, and a garrote was perfect for the job she had to do. Vaulting over three men, she cut the throat of one, used the grip the garrote gave her on his neck to fling him at the others, the drove her heel into all three, knocking the breath out of the two underneath. Julian gave her one of the chair legs back, and she drove the sharp end through all three's chests. Allison banged the leg against the ground. "WHO ELSE?! COME ON!"

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
Crash & Charm
Wanderers
Just outside the tent

~Charm~

After Crash had stopped beating up the old translator. The peace conference continued without incident. Until a black dome appeared around the tent people started screaming and running in all directions. Some were trying to break into the dome, others had begun fighting. They fought with there fists or with weapons they had hidden. Crash turned towards me and tossed me and obsidian dagger. "Protect yourself, lets get out of here." Crash yelled. He was barely speaking loud enough to be herd over the commotion. Obviously someone wants to upset the bearers and their thrones. And possibly to have a few of them kill each other. I ran along side Crash weaving through the crowd.

A column of fire shot out of the top of the dome. The fire died down. It didn't hurt or kill anyone but it made the crowd assembled outside begin screaming louder and with more terror. We had to run and skirt through the crowd again except now it was even more difficult because of the fire. An Irish looking man had jumped up n to of a pile of crates and was throwing coins and knifes and other such things into the crowd. Crash grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the crowd. I looked back at the chaos and the Irish man was dead with one of his knifes in his back.

We continued toward the exit. Crash was still holding my hand. When he noticed he quickly dropped it. His face went bright red. He started saying something when a man jumped out of a bush behind us. He had a spear and looked terrified. Three razor blades appeared in his body. One on his neck, two in his chest. "You did that without your artifact, you're getting better." I remarked. "Yes" He replied "I have been practicing using my weapons without my sword. The skill I gain outside of my artifact multiply when I activate it. So I decided to get better with just a sword or just a club." We finally reached the exit/entrance booth and we stopped ready to leave.

Last edited:

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Kitt
Geordia
Three Crows Valley

"Treaties, eh?" Dennis said. "Not a bad idea, but things could so easily go wrong... We could go without if it comes to that."
"I think it's a great idea. But we still shouldn't cozy up to someone who would stab our backs in return." Nik replied.
Dennis shrugged. "If I think I can trust them, I will. You should do the same. But you should still have caution."
"Understood."
-
The meeting continued a while longer, until the assailants came. "Emperor Johaun! This way!"
He follows Kitt, then says "You already had an escape route planned. Good work."
"Eh, less an escape route and more a "I'll-kill-anyone-who-tries-to-come-down-this-hallway" route. The room at the end is unused, but has a sturdy lock. There is only one exit and entrance, and I can easily guard that once I get my weapon..." A second later his dagger comes spinning onto his wrist, turning back into an wristband.
"How did you know this?" Dennis asks.
"Spies, informants, I managed to get floor plans, etc. What's important is that we are safe."
"...No. I order you to go and help those outside."
"But..."
"NOW. I'll be fine. Did your informants tell you of the shotgun in here?"
"Uh, well, I-"
"Just go. Please."
"Fine." Kitt goes down the hall and out the door. He locks it behind him as he leaves. The first assassin was easy. Knife to the back, on the ground. Eventually he made his way to the northerners, and saw Astor there.
"Hey, Astor! Who's bright idea was this? Attacking everyone, I mean."

Creepychu

The horror
Charles Ashton
Mojave Commonwealth
Three Crows Valley

"A capital idea." Ashton beamed at the proposition presented to them, "As some of you may already know, my beloved commonwealth already produces an abundance of electrical power. We are certainly willing to supply in exchange for some more mundane goods. It would be a risky investment, but if we were to really push capacity and expand our landlines, we might be able to extend our service considerably, maybe all the way to Thorgard even. We could get everyone connected to our telecommunications network too. Why, if we put our best and brightest together we may even be able to restore the internet."

His eyes gleamed with enthusiasm as he eagerly set into the negotiations, but moment the mysterious orb appeared, Ashton's bodyguards sprung into motion. By the time the assailants hit, he was already firmly covered by his own bodyguards on one front and Astor and the northern rulers' front on the other. The first assailant imprudent enough to attempt to go for him was promptly blocked by one of his bodyguards intercepting the knife blow and firmly dislocating his wrist in response, the next received a chair in the back of the head from Astor. As the northern kings made their advance, however, a single attacker slipped past them, raising a garrote as he made a lunge towards king Astor unprotected back...

...and then he promptly froze in his tracks, howling in pain and shock as the tip of Ashton's ballpoint pen found itself firmly lodged in his eye-socket. The would-be assassin struggled for a few moments more, flailing desperately, but Ashton did not falter and the gnarled fingers did not relent their grip, calmly and determinedly driving the pen further in until the screaming stopped and the man went limp in his arms.

There was a different air about the lord-protector as he let the dead assassin's body go, picking up his discarded weapon and weighing it in his hands. It was an air his two bodyguards knew all too well, both instinctively pulling back, lest they stand in the way of the conqueror of the Mojave. To the other bearers, seeing the old man stand fully upright without leaning on his cane was likely surprise enough.

"A bounty!" Ashton roared, a look of cold fury in his usually gentle eyes as he called out to the mercenaries in the thick of combat, "Ten thousand for every one of these bastards I get alive!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------​

Heather Reid
MRPA
Three Crows Valley

Heather seemed distinctly pleased with herself as she, after much arguing with the staff, finally reached out and dropped a black bead necklace in the attendant's hands in over-dramatic fashion, sauntering past them and falling in line with the rest of Julius's bodyguard.

The conversation itself didn't seem to interest her much, the mercenary idly leaning back, fidgeting with various parts of her clothing before settling on toying with something in her pocket. Politics, in Heather's view, was something a person of good conscience could only experience as it happened to them and she certainly didn't share her employer's interest in the supposed economical benefits proposed. This was hardly the first 'peace in our time' speech she had heard, and while the previous attempt had certainly been profitable, it definitely wasn't the kind of profit the speaker had had in mind.

It had been one of her easier bounties, though, she had to give it that.

Astor had certainly put on a bigger show than the last guy, she had to admit that too, but unfortunately he appeared to have even less sense for what made a good party. As negotiations began in earnest and refreshments were still nowhere in sight, she began to drum her fingers against the bulge in her pocket, toying with the idea of going around and seeing if any had been prepared, or if one of the mercenaries might be willing to share a drop or two in the spirit of camaraderie.

Unfortunately, that was when the mysterious energy field appeared, and any thoughts of refreshments were pushed from her mind as she promptly reached into her pocket.

As Julius's would-be assailant made his appearance, machete raised, he promptly found himself frozen in his tracks as something could and round pressed against the back of his neck.

"I'll be taking that, doll." Heather informed him calmly, nudging the assassin with the end of the handgun she was holding. It was a flimsy-looking thing, clumsily assembled from what looked like four parts of plastic held together by a crude bolt, and it was doubtful whether it would even survive for more than one shot, but at point blank range and pressed squarely against the spine, that one shot would be all she'd need, "Drop it."

For a brief moment, the assassin hesitated, staring at his target with an inscrutable look as if trying to judge whether it was worth going for it, but on a second nudge he released the machete and let it clatter to the floor, Heather promptly smacking him in the back of the head with the butt of the gun for his trouble.

Picking up the discarded weapon with her free hand, Heather moved in to close the perimeter already forming around the MRPA leader, "Should we retreat, boss?" she asked, holding up her right wrist, around which her real artifact was wrapped. Fortunately, the attendants had been eager enough to be rid of her nagging to not inspect the replica she had left them with too closely, probably not accounting for an artifact that would not show for supernatural means, "I'm pretty sure if we can get to the barrier I can get us out."

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
Cole Kendrick
Faction: Oberon
Three Crows Valley

Cole drew another vivid red line across the throat of a would-be assailant as he stood over Lexa and he felt the aluminum knife give in his hands. The dagger had been meant as a last-ditch protective measure in an engagement with a single foe, to capitalize on the element of surprise. It had never been intended to hold up in a drawn-out conflict like this. Aluminum was a soft metal, and the edge of the knife was going dull. The Oberinian knight knew that if the adrenaline surging through his veins was to dry up, he would be unable to defend himself, and by extension, his sister. All throughout the black force field, the defenders were starting to flag. Only Dorian and the Arbiter still fought on at anything remotely resembling full vigor. The scents of death hung heavy in the air around them, the heady metallic smell of blood mingled with the reek of voided bowels and a strange smell that Cole couldn't exactly place but was similar to a kind of oil that a group of raiders he and his Imperial Guard had routed had used on the edges of their weapons to inflict poisonous wounds. Probably something similar to that.

The numbers of the assassins had fallen from the nearly fifty that had descended on the summit to about twenty. Some were dead, others incapacitated by broken limbs or heavy lacerations and blunt force trauma, or simply unconscious. As Cole watched, Dorian grasped an assassin's head in each of his broad hands and slammed them together, bursting open the skulls on impact. It was like watching rotten fruit being thrown against a wall. Under different circumstances, the mere sight would have made Cole vomit. As it stood, he was just too exhausted to do anything than watch in mute shock at the brutality Dorian inflicted on his enemies. He didn't know much about the vagrant except that he had a reputation for being even-tempered and even kindly, though given to deep silences and being something of a maudlin drunk. He knew the man was powerful, his reputation of having the strength of a hundred men had to come from somewhere, but Cole had a feeling that the reason Dorian's more bestial nature was not more widely known was due mostly to the fact that people who saw him like this generally didn't live long enough to tell stories about it.

Cole stumbled and nearly fell down. As he drew himself back up again and tightened his grasp on his nearly-useless knife, he heard Erik roar "Come on Kendrick!"

Someone looped their hand under his armpit and hauled him up. "We must persevere!" Astor called from beside him, trying to rally the set-upon leaders. "Why, we've nearly routed them!"

It was an empty claim, and everyone knew it. With no way in or out of the force field, nearly everyone but the two northern kings had resigned themselves to dying where they stood. The Arbiter was a dark whirlwind, appearing wherever the danger was greatest to protect the defenseless. Dorian simply charged in straight lines like a bull, throwing foes from his path until he reached the barrier. Cole tried to stand but felt his knees buckle underneath him. He went down next to Lexa and felt his sister's hand on his shoulder, the fingers sticky with blood. "We had a good run, huh?"

"Yeah."

There was a sickening sound as Dorian wrenched the intestines out of a man's gut. Metal sang as the Arbiter leapt and twirled about, accompanied by the moans of the dying. Cole's forehead throbbed, and he was ready to just lie down and wait for it to end when an ear-splitting whistle cut through the air. The assassins hastened to one of their number at the northern end of the black field hauling their incapacitated comrades with them. Those that they couldn't move, they killed quickly and without mercy. When they reached the man who whistled, they vanished vanished as if they had never been there. The black field flickered and vanished as well, late afternoon sunlight spilling into the tent and dazzling Cole's eyes. Dorian whirled with a roar, and the Arbiter appeared before him. "Easy, my friend. It's over. Calm down." When Dorian made no move to unclench his fists, the Arbiter reached up and slapped him hard across the face, showing more courage than Cole knew he could muster. "I said cut it out!" Dorian's eyes cleared and he blinked.

Julius gave a cry as his heavily muscled arms twitched, snapping the neck of an assailant he had grasped in a tight headlock. The man's legs had been broken, so he could not escape with his fellows. As the lifeless body dropped at the oligarch's feet he grinned sheepishly. "Sorry 'bout that. Probably should have kept him alive for questioning but, heat of the moment and all that."

Something in Mandy's hand flashed, a small sewing needle. She knelt next to some of the fallen fighters, and began stitching up wounds, the tissue healing with each motion of her arm. Cole struggled to his feet, and felt Erik's sturdy arm wrap around his shoulder. "Easy there, Kendrick. Come on, up we go." For all the bastion of strength Erik was pretending to be, Cole could see at this distance that his legs were trembling, and he needed Cole's support as much as the other way around.

The Imperial Guard detachment surged towards Cole, but he held up a hand. "It's fine. Find some water and cloth to see to our wounds. Get Inferno and Lexa's bangle." He wasn't sure what good having their artifacts would do now that the danger had passed, but he would feel better with his sword at his hip. "And the jarl's axe while you're at it." This time, if someone tried to get him to put his artifact aside in the name of keeping the peace, he'd kill them where they stood.

Astor knelt next to Lexa and offered her his hand, palm up. "Up you come, your majesty. Let's get your wounds seen to, yes?" As he helped Lexa to his feet, he turned on the Arbiter. "Friend, are you well?" At the Arbiter's nod, Astor smiled. "Good. Now, that teleporter couldn't have gone far. I've never met another bearer with your range or mobility, and I'm sure between us we would have heard of one if there was one existing. I'd say a ten mile search radius should suffice, especially if he was bringing the rest of them with him. Take all of my dragoons you can to help you search."

"The Imperial Guard too," Cole managed to croak. "And I'll come along."

"Like hell you will," Lexa snapped. "You can barely stand. You'd only hold them up. I don't like the look of that cut on your forehead."

Before Cole could snap back, a wailing scream silenced all the din around the compound. Mary, the feral child who had attended Father Fitzpatrick so faithfully knelt next to the priest's lifeless body, his blood pooling in the dirt around him and staining his black cassock. Her wolf licked her cheek, but she pushed it away. The priest's two Asian acolytes raced over the kneel beside Mary, and the woman wrapped her arm's around the little girl's heaving shoulders.

The young man stood and glared at the assembled. "Bring me my helmet. I'll track down the bastards that did this! I'll rip them limb from limb!" he roared.

"Anthony..." his sister murmured.

"No, Nora. They're going to pay for doing this! He... he..." Anthony gestured helplessly at the dead priest. "He deserved better than that! He never hurt anyone! Why would they... how could they..." He turned on his heel and stormed off to where the Three Crows' disciples had secured the artifacts, clicked his tongue as he did. Mary's three wolves obediently fell in behind him, snarling and snapping at any who stood in his way.

Cole surveyed the carnage of the peace summit with clinical detachment. Dead bodies lay sprawled everywhere, some in the unmarked black clothes of the assassins but plenty more in the various clothes of state of the leaders and their entourages. Chief Running Horse cradled the body of Elder Smith in his arms, gently, like one would hold a child. The Mormon had died shielding the Native American chief with his life, and now his fierce territorial rival had a dark look that promised vengeance and settling of the blood debt that the Elder had left him with. "I'll see his remains returned to his people," the chief muttered, his ceremonial garb stained with the elder's blood. "And together our nations shall hunt them until there is no place left for the bastards to hide."

Cole admired the man for his conviction, but knew that not everywhere would be so lucky. Many of the dead were the leaders of powerful and prosperous nations that had secured an uneasy sort of peace in their regions through sheer economic or military might, and those regions would fall into tumult in the ensuing power vacuum. Others, like the departed priest, had served as important mediators that prevented territorial squabbles from escalating into the all-out wars that had marked the early days of the Fall. He watched as Vivi Madacho was bustled away by her three remaining bodyguards. A woman like her would thrive in a situation like this. The Black Hand was a bunch of vultures, ready to scavenge in the fallout of this catastrophe.

"Odin's beard," Erik whispered as he sagged against one of the tent poles. "This is a bloody clusterf*ck."

Cole could only nod as Lieutenant Brigid returned with his sword belt. He fastened Inferno around his waist and held out his hand to Lexa. Together, the Kendricks limped back to their camp to be stitched up.

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
Crash & Charm
Wanderers
Exited the valley

~Crash~

Crash turned around looking at the booths. some of them had cleared out while others remained empty. The dirt road was crowded. some people were screaming and others were panicked. "Lets run." Crash said, Charm looked at him quizzically. "Back to your lord?" She asked "Yes" he replied "I know you don't like that we pledged ourselves to him..." He was interrupted by Charm "I" (She stressed the word) "did not pledge myself to that oaf. It was your idea to put yourself in that position." Starting to worry Crash decided to stop the rant "Yes it was my idea. I made a mistake. We have to find a way out of it though. If he dies we will have an entire kingdoms worth of resources at our disposal." But to no avail this did little if anything to appease her.

"Don't you remember thew time I spent serving the idiot lord. Taking care of and manning a kingdoms affairs is difficult at best. We won't have any time to deal with The Problem. Although we are obligated to go and we don't have anywhere else to be." Their was a lull it the conversation the Charm exclaimed "Race you their." Her rings started glowing then she shot into the air at a diagonal. she was dropping coins pushing on them. When they hit the ground she shot even higher. Crash smiled. He activated his sword and dashed running trying to keep pace with the flying girl. It was hopeless of course but he had to try.

Back in Tascalusa's kingdom
"Welcome to Delpion" lord Tascalusa proclaimed they had been traveling for a few weeks and had finally arrived at their destination. His kingdom was located just south of the Mormon power block. They road through the city. It had been built after the collapse. So none of the building broke two stories. One large building was located in the canter. They road towards it. Tascalusa continued talking. Now I have an assignment for you two. I need you to kill a king.

What have we gotten ourselves into?

~Charm~
The carriage continued to roll until it reached the large building in the center a garage door type thing oped and on the inside it showed two servants turning wheals to open the door. The company exited the carriage and walked through a doorway. Crash and Charm were lead by Tascalusa to a comfortable room with books lining the walls. Charm guessed that the room was used more as a study that a library. The doors closed leaving Crash, Charm, and Tascalusa in the room. Tascalusa began talking,

"I want you two to expand my kingdom. I want more land and you two are in a very good position to get me some. eventually we need to capture the Mormon and Lakota territory a little north of here. They are both skilled kingdoms and are very tough. Before we take them we have to move south capturing territory after territory. we need to make a name for ourselfs... "

"But," Charm interrupted both her and Crash taking a seat opposite where Tascalusa sat "How will that help us? If our end goal is the north then why not simple assassinate the leaders and take control? And who is that king you wanted us to kill, neither the Mormons or the Lakota are ruled by a king?"

"I will get to that" Tascalusa replied slightly taken aback by the barrage of questions "Just listen to me for a second. I have thought all of this thought a great deal." At that moment Crash whispered something to charm. one of the pens, and a clipboard came flying into Charms hand. Crash pulled a sheet of paper from a bin behind him. Then he took the clipboard and pen from Charm. He started to take notes on everything Tascalusa had said so far. Noticing that he had stopped talking Crash Grunted then said "Please...continue"

"My plan is thus. We need to capture the band of bearers that control most of the land south of here. That should be simple because the rule by law of the jungle having the strongest lead them and the smartest advise them. That should give us access to the resources we need. After achieving that we need to assassinate some of the leaders of both kingdoms. My intelligence network has let me know quite a bit about both kingdoms and neither fully trust each other. We need to shatter their treaty and start open warfare and hostility again. After doing that We should be able to use our strength to lead a frontal assault on the Mormons. This should give us enough added firepower to take the Lakota. But the plan will only work if all or most of the leaders in both country's are incapacitated and/or dead."

"Ok NOW may I ask my question?" Charm had raised her hand as if she were in school again. Tascalusa sighed then nodded. "What is your power? Are you even a bearer?"

Tascalusa looked at charm suspiciously "Is that all? I have the ability to influence someones emotions. If I present a plan or give a speech then people are likely to agree with me. It is not total and is just a simple influencing power nothing more nothing less. But that's unimportant do you like my plan?"

Before Charm could speak Crash said "Your plan is sound. It is daring well thought out and has a lot of risk attached. But why do you want to kill and hurt all of those people? Also their are a few places where you have left the plan largely up to the people you want to carry the plan out. Who do you want to lead this mission?"

"You" Tascalusa replied looking at Charm She sat up surprised. Tascalusa continued "You are the perfect person for this role smart, skilled, and most importantly you have a reputation of Idealistic Crap. Know one will see this coming with you leading the wheal."

Charm Thought for a second then replied "Sounds fun When do we start?"

"NOW!"

I Get to lead a revolt. This may be a bit unexpected but even so this is a job I can't pass up.

Last edited: