1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

From Brags To Riches (404)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Battle' started by Serebii, May 5, 2005.

1. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

I just hope Torkoal did some good stuff too.

Hopefully, we won't be seeing too many succesful Guillotines.

But hey, a new move is cool! Bout time!

Somebody gots to say it....the next episode will have a new Eveelution of Eeevee!

EDIT: Wait! I forgot about Gligar and Growlithe! How did they do, Gligar certainly seemed to kick butt in the preview!

2. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Again, let's cut the speculation of any evolutions or new things until a damn review is posted up.

3. Alfonso

Alfonso Derpgull

...Dude, you do realise the Spec Thread is closed, right? I PMed you about it. o.o;

This is why the Spec Thread should remain open. >.>

4. Chris

Chris Old Coot

I opened it the very moment I finished saying that. :p Take all episode speculations there.

5. EvilCassidy

EvilCassidy Guest

Meh. I want Grovyle to evolve before Corphish. I was against the thought of Ash having having a Crawdaunt at first but after Glalie & Ash has grown on me, Crawdaunt has also so I'll be happy with a evolution. The little guy deserves it. It is the only pokemon on the team that can evolve, but hasn't.

6. Golden Darkness

Golden Darkness Spikeshell Trainer

Ok seen the episode.

As expected Masmune and Ash won their double battles. Tetsuya was not featured battling.

A side bit involve revealing that Team Rocket selling snacks isn't their own thing, but they are working for a guy there who really insists on them working hard. In fact, just after they caught Ash and Pikachu in one of their pitfall traps... the guy comes to them and tells them to get back to work and they do so.

As for the battles:

Masamune w/ Growlithe and Gilgar vs. Muscle bound trainer w/ Machamp and Marowak

Gilgar KOs Machamp. Marowak KOs Growlithe. Gilgar KOs Marowak

Ash w/ Corphish and Torkal vs. Green haired kid w/ Swalot and Tropius

Tropius and Torkoal double KO each other. Corphish KOs Swalot.

7. Pokeballs

Pokeballs Custom Torkoal 01

All right good to know Torkoal went down fighting :p and it sounds like Gligar is pretty awesome lol

8. Murgatroyd

Murgatroyd Dull Manga Avatar

Just to get one thing straight right now, no, Corphish did NOT learn Guillotine. It took out Swalot with a Bubblebeam straight down the throat.

9. frednmethod

frednmethod Banned

Damn, why must we always get false information? I was really excited about guillotine...

10. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

I thought it was Crunch that Corphish used to plug Swalot's mouth before it could use sludge bomb or something.

Bow before the almighty Crawdad Corphish, after being the knock around guy, he is once again back to kick butts and needs to make up for lost time.

11. Ha! I saw pictures, Torkoal and Tropius knocked each other out. Torkoal did have alot of spotlight in my opinion. Torkoal used an attack(overheat) and Tropious used solarbeam and it knocked them both out. Ha! Thats what I saw. But people might disagree.

12. Waterlight

Waterlight Oceanic Legend

If you ask me, Tropius didn't have a long enough appearance. :p
    If the writers made Swalot faint with Torkoal first, then a Tropius and Corphish battle would have been better, in my opinion.

13. watchermark

watchermark Guest

So does anyone know how the Hoenn League works? I mean, is it a simple 'Knock-Out' or a three trainer table like the Johto League?

14. ZoraJolteon

ZoraJolteon King of the Marsh

Gah. Stupid poor translators embarrasing me. Does anyone know what all that stuff about Guillotine on Pokéani was actually about then?

15. JazzJazz

JazzJazz Well-Known Member

I think the initial double battle will whittle the starting 256 trainers down to 32 "finalists", with the set up being the standard tournament style from that point on.

16. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

Hey, Guillotine or no Guillotine, it was still enjoyable. I just want to make sure everything is correct.

Any name for the Muscle Trainer and the Green-haired Brat?

This is what I picked up:

Tropius: Razor Leaf, Bullet Seed, either Whirlwind or Razor Wind, and Solarbeam

(by the way, I thought it was neat how Torkoal and Corphish were trying as hard as they could to get Tropius K.O'ed befored it shot off solarbeam)

Swalot: Sludge Bomb, Shock Wave, Shadow Ball, Body Slam

Any confirmation from those who know Japanese would be hot. Same with the Masamune battle, I picked up little from that.

17. Maybe it was Gligar that used Guillotine(it can learn that move, too...). That attack it used in one of the pictures sure didn't look like Metal Claw...:confused:

18. Murgatroyd

Murgatroyd Dull Manga Avatar

Yes, it seems to be Gligar with Guillotine (I missed hearing it the first time through). The discussion on PokeAni is exactly what you'd expect given how different the effect seems to be from in the games. (On re-viewing the battle again, it looks like it may have only really connected properly once out of all the times it was used, and that was on the finishing blow.)

19. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Hm..I haven't exactly seen any other episodes involving Masamune yet..but is it me, or is Masamune's voice done by the exact same seiyuu who provided Son Goku's, Son Gohan's, Son Goten's, and Son Goku Jr's voices? o_o Masamune sounds EXACTLY like 'em. So I was just curious.

20. Yamato-san

Yamato-san I own the 5th gen

yes, I've pointed it out before, but Masamune is indeed done by Nozawa. You can see for yourself. Observe the kanji next to his name in the ending credits and compare them here.