• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

From Brags To Riches (404)

Chris

Old Coot
And as I said before, since I haven't seen the other episodes involving Masamune, I couldn't tell. :p I rather to watch the episodes before getting into the discussions about them.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I see.... yeah, I did specify his seiyuu in the episode discussion. I made a reference to her in one of episode preview threads, but my reference wasn't quite as direct there (mentioned a couple series she worked on, no character names nor the voicer's name herself specified).

Anyway, didn't the guy who attempted translating Pokeani mention Brick Break somewhere? Did anyone use that technique?

V Faction

www.faction.com
My guess would be Machamp (yeah, BIG surprised huh). It was using something besides Cross Chop but I couldn't pinpoint it.

But what the heck was up with Marowak. I saw what looked like Ice Beam and an electric attack from it. Did it have Metronome?

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
If I recall Marowak can learn Ice beam i think so i'll guess Metronome triggered The electric attack.

Last edited:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
The best part of the episode was when Corphish destroyed that Swalot. You can't deny that seeing Corphish plough through that Shock Wave like it was nothing was just out and out cool.
But overall, Masamune's battle just seemed the better of the two. In all honesty, I found most of Ash's battle somewhat boring. Especially Tropius vs. Torkoal. Torkoal didn't even move from the spot it was in throughout the whole battle and Tropius just hovered there. You'd thing they have a flying tank swoop around and dealing some pretty harsh damage instead of being situated in the sky launching random projectile attacks. Swalot and Corphish's battle was a lot more enjoyable IMO *shrugs*

What the HELL was with Tropius' voice? I'm not impressed with the fact that it sounded like a bootleg-Lapras, generic as hell, screeching at the top of its lungs. The slurping noise it made in The Wish Maker was weird perhpas, but at least it was original. I hope its dubbed over once it eventually reaches the US...
I did like how Swalot sounded though, switching from high-pitched to bellowing~

From what I can tell, Machamp used Cross Chop, Karate Chop, and Dynamic Punch. The secod time Dynamic Punch was performed, it used all of its arms.
The Marowak was using Ice Beam on its own, but I'm honestly not sure about the electric looking move. I believe that the trainer said something about a combination though...

Last edited:
E

EvilCassidy

Ok, I've seen the pictures.

I find Masmune's Growlithe a little weak. It only got a couple hits in and the rest were blocked by Marowak. Gligar was awesome in that battle.

The green-haired kid reminds me strongly of Snap/Todd, because he looks a heck of alot like him. Tropius derserved a way better anime debut than that! It barely got a decent screentime. Torkoal and Corphish were awesome ^^ especially how Corphish took out Swalot.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Gligar's so cute when Masamune hugs it. And so AWESOME when it was fighting. Hmm, maybe we can predict a Corphish Gliagr showdown in the near future......

Anyway, it looks like Team Rocket like their new boss, when he gives them food they smile. Could the writers be setting up something?

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
V Faction said:
My guess would be Machamp (yeah, BIG surprised huh). It was using something besides Cross Chop but I couldn't pinpoint it.

But what the heck was up with Marowak. I saw what looked like Ice Beam and an electric attack from it. Did it have Metronome?
It knows Ice Beam, and there was no electric attack.
I presume you're thinking of this picture. I don't know why they had it give off sparks, but that's a Bone Club attack.

Gravy said:
The Marowak was using Ice Beam on its own, but I'm honestly not sure about the electric looking move. I believe that the trainer said something about a combination though...
Hone Konbou = Bone Club.

JazzJazz

Kojiro said:
Anyway, it looks like Team Rocket like their new boss, when he gives them food they smile. Could the writers be setting up something?

Perhaps, they should be setting something up... but it'll no doubt end up with a lame scheme and them being blasted off, again...

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I don't know JazzJazz, but that guy is pretty entertaining. When he suddenly breaks through the wall (Any translaters care to tell me what he yells when he does that?)

Heracross

Custom User Title
Just saw the episode, and I thought it was really good. The only thing I was really didn't like was Tropius's voice. I had expected such a large pokémon to have a much deeper voice, but instead it sounded exactly like Rapurasu.:/

The battles were excellent though. It was great to get to see Kootasu in action since she's the most neglected pokémon on Satoshi's team. And Heigani was truly awesome. He kicked some serious a*s and didn't evolve. Ha! And I agree with Gravy, blasting through Marunoomu's shock wave was just plain cool.

Masamune's battle was also very enjoyable, it was especially good to see Gligar in action since we've never seen one in a real battle before and the only time he was even really featured was way back in the Gligar Man episode. I was really dissappointed with how metal claw was animated though, it looked a hell of a lot better back in "Wired for Battle". Proof that the computer animation isn't always better.:p

Last edited:
F

Factory Head Noland

I just saw the episode and it was amazing! The double battles were just brilliant!!

Masamune's battle was really intense, Marowak and Growlithe were most likely of the same ability that's why they were both not letting down. Iron Tail to the rescue for this match! Gligar has a great range of Steel type attacks, Steel Wing, Metal Claw, Iron Tail...great!!

In Ash's battle, Torkoal VS Tropius was so intense when it came down to Overheat VS Solarbeam. It was such an intense battle when it was just Corphish and Swalot, Swalot was firing Shadow Ball's and other attacks but Corphish had such stamina and was able to beat it! Opperation "Fill Swalot with Bubblebeam" was a HUGE success! Who would've thought it, eh?

Overall 10/10
This episode hasd so much excitment in it and "Advanced Adventure" aswell! What more could you ask for? Now I can't wait for next weeks episode...

Heracross

Custom User Title
Oh yeah, forgot about that- I really enjoyed the music in this episode. The battle music was great, and the version of "Advanced Adventure" they used was slightly different from the normal one- I liked it, kinda spiced it up a bit.

F

Factory Head Noland

Yes I did notice the different version of "Advanced Adventure", it was a really great version.

Zoramon089

Rising Trainer
I just saw this episode. When did Corphish use Gillotine? When he was charging through the blue beam or something?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Zoramon089 said:
I just saw this episode. When did Corphish use Gillotine? When he was charging through the blue beam or something?

sadly that was false information, Corphish only shot a bubblebeam attack down Swalots mouth for the win, Guillotine was used by Masamunes Gligar

TeddiUrsa

I think corphish´s victory over swalot by pumping it with bubbles is much cooler than a out off the a*s guilotine. I was suprised by his attack which happens seldom in pokemon

K

Kyogre007

Can someone please tell me where you all get the 2nd pokemon generation pictures?!