• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

From Brags To Riches (404)

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Torkoal and Corphish? Getting spotlight? IN THE SAME EPISODE? It's a miracle! Yay for showcasing Ash's neglected Pokemon.
-Egads, Tropius sounds like Lapras...
-Any particular reason why Ash was trying so hard to get Tropius knocked out before it fired Solarbeam?
-Hmm, a purple blob Pokemon what's pretty much immune to direct attacks...where have we seen THAT before? *coughMukcough* Come to think of it, a Muk VS Swalot battle would've been highly entertaining...of course, Ash isn't using any of his old Pokemon(aside from Pikachu) in this league.
-We see Growlithe again...and it's pathetic. It's a sad day when BELDUM was better than Growlithe(I'm still baffled at how Beldum managed to win last week when all it can do is Take Down...)
-Gligar rocks the house! Gligar got revenge for getting the shaft in Johto! Gligar is now cool in my eyes!
-Masamune is easily the best rival Ash has EVER had, personality-wise. Richie, Harrison, and Tetsuya are all the same, and Gary lost his edge in Johto. Masamune, on the other hand, is not only different from the others, but he's also good comic relief.

B

Blaziken master

I really wish it was a torkoal and tropius match at the end because both pokemon haven't had much spotlight because corphish recently took out Adan's sealeo and luvdisc.But it was a cool fight none the less

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
I can't til' the dub airs in the U.S.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Awwww, Tomono. <3

I need to draw him more. He's pretty and he spins. <3

He reminds me of Bill though...>___> BUT TOMONO IS BETTER. <3

As for the ep...meh. Didn't pay too much attention. XD We all know where MY attention was. But still! A decent debut for Tropius.

Kabuto

little punks!
That was a pretty cool episode. I liked Morrisons fight because one of my favorites, Marowak, battled alot and owned.

Poké_Master

Indigo Champion
From Brags to Riches

I thought this episode was amazing. Morrison's battle was okay but Ash's was better. Granted, they could've picked a better pair-up than Torkoal and Corphish, like Torkoal and Glalie for instance. Corphish has been around for over 100 episodes and Glalie evolved 4 episodes ago. They should've given it more screen time, especially since it gets Oaked 6 episodes after this one...

Kabuto

little punks!
Yeah but then they couldn't have the bubblebeam in the mouth. Ash's fight was meh. It was kind of repetitive if you ask me. Dont worry, Glalie will be owning in the next few episodes before its left at Oaks.

Last edited:

HoennMaster

Glalie will own some serious *** in the next four episodes! Beating a Charizard! Just awesome. Back to this episode, Morrison's fight was good and so was Ash's but Ash seemed short and predictable. The best part was Bubblebeam in Swalot's mouth

G

Geki

I loved this episode. It was really good, especially Ash's battle with Tropius and Swalot.

10/10

The Ash battle was good but i didnt like that Gligar was able to survive many hits from Machamp.Even though i like Morrison and isnt Gulliotine(sp?) One Hit-Ko he used it and hit about 3 times gosh. xD

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Gligar...I forgot that thing even existed. It took an uncanny amount of abuse, that's for sure. Even though I detest Masamune and all, I thought his battle was better than Ash's. It was one of the most physical battles we've seen, whereas Ash's was pretty standard, even for a double battle. Did Tropius keep his original voice or get a new one? It doesn't sound dubbed, but Tropius in [spoil]the Grovyle vs. Tropius ep[/spoil] sounds completely different.

Predictions for next week's dub names:
Hyuuga = Hugo
Kaede = Kate
Jonbi = Johnny

Kabuto

little punks!
Yes, the anime tends to not relate attacks to the game. Look at shadow ball hitting Meowth a normal type in the last episode. Gligar did tend to survive alot of hits including an ice beam which does 4x damage even if Marowak has terrible special attack. But hey, we've seen worse (thinks of Skitty vs Dusclops).

Medea

Excalibur
The voice for Tropius wasn't bad IMO, so I'm not outraged! This episode was okay. I mean it wasn't the greatest and it wasn't bad. But I got a chance to see Growlithe in action again (without an Officer Jenny involved).

V Faction

www.faction.com
Shining Suikun said:
Did Tropius keep his original voice or get a new one?
It's the original voice from the Japanese version, but it actually had its voice changed in that version. Instead of a slurping sound, we got a Lapras voice.

As long as they don't dub it and make it say "Tro-Pee-US!" I'm good.

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
My notes from this episode:

~Heh, them jumping like that is funny!
~That's not a cheeseburger.
~That guy's hair makes him look like a penguin.
~Why Ice Beam?
~Can't beat something you can't hit.
~Marowak's bone should have come down and hit it on the head.
~Nice Trainer's Choice.
~Not again...
~Dread...yeah, right.
~Love that motto!
~Nice entrance, Torkoal.
~Ooh, Tropius!
~What's with the finger thing?
~Rapid fire Shadow Ball....COOL!!!

Nice strategy with Swalot and the bubblebeam. But when it threw it with its whiskers...how does that work? Those whiskers must be really strong, because if they weren't, they'd snap.

I think Morrison's Growlithe should've evolved but it never will. <.< probably because they've shown Arcanine way too much.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
THis episode was good. TR's boss punching through the wall was hilarious, especially when they were in the middle of stealing Pikachu. The TC was cool. I thought it was interesting when Corphish used Bubblebeam INTO Swalot's mouth. Also, Tropius never sounded like it did back in the 6th pokemon movie or the TC about 2 episodes back. It's supposed to sound like something being sucked up, but this one sounded like a Lapras.

Kabuto

little punks!
Guillotine is a 1hko move. The writers just didn't make it that way -__-. So far this isn't as good as the Johto league primilinaries. Hopefully the ending will be as good but it doesn't seem suspenseful with Gary not being around or the debut of a new pokemon (Blaziken).