• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

From Cradle to Save (433)

Rudoku

Your mom
Judai Yuki said:
But this is the only Pokemon i've seen like this
It's a fake pot. Pots have holes either on the lower sides or on the bottom of them. It's for ventilation or something similar.

Kuroshi

Having seen the episode, I don't find Bonsly all that annoying. (Nowhere near Togepi, and May's Squirtle, IMO.) It suits Brock, (we havent had a Brock-abusing Pokémon since Pinco.) and may serve to pull him out of the backround. I also hope we get to see more of Fortress, in future episodes.

Even though this is the third ninja themed episode was surprizingly fresh, not a total re-hash,Team Rocket had some very funny moments Jessie was out-right hysterical in this episode.

Lord wackruntlje

Speed up, n00b!
JazzJazz said:
Hasn't James thrown his rose like that before (without the ninja star)? I'm sure he's done it that way at least once before...
Yup, he atleast did it in the Tentacool and Tentacruel episode. I think he did it some more time in kanto, but i dont now when...

MaskedManAbsolkid

James has used the rose thing in a few eps. In the one where Ash got Caterpie, and a few others. Domino also used a rose in Mewtwo Returns. But IIRC, the rose in one of the was blue, not red.

Now that I looked at the pics, it was cool. I hope Bonsly gets less annoying though. I can imagine it crying, then Brock hurting himself, then it laughing. Then it'd be funny.

M

Michiko

Kuroshi said:
Having seen the episode, I don't find Bonsly all that annoying. (Nowhere near Togepi, and May's Squirtle, IMO.) It suits Brock, (we havent had a Brock-abusing Pokémon since Pinco.) and may serve to pull him out of the backround. I also hope we get to see more of Fortress, in future episodes.
Hehehe, Bonsly acts like a little baby. Brock must give it some milk^^ Hmm... He will be a good "mommy" for Bonsly.

I'm wondering, why did they get so many babies? o_O
James - Manene
May - Munchlax, Squirtle and an egg
Brock - Bonsly
Misty - Azurill (she isn't in the anime but has got a poke-baby too)
Ash, Max and Jessie don't have babies. Is good because he must have a professional and strong team. He has been with tiny sweeties for many years.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Judai Yuki said:
Yes it came out a egg.How did u people already watch it?

We all live in Japan, obviously.

Seriously, think about it a little. -_-

Geodude, James can throw his roses without it being a Sailor Moon reference you know.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Was anyone else bugged by the fact that the ninja boy didn't know who Rocket Dan were? I swear, the writers make it more and more apparent that they're forgetting this is Kantou. You know, region with their base of operations, the place where they're most well-known.

Zenigame, you're not being cute, dammit! The more you get screentime, the more I'm tempted to kill the writers that commited the horrible sin of creating you. Well.... this time, it got rather minimal screentime, but it shouldn't have been out at all. I'm wondering just why the hell Haruka thought it would be a good Pokemon to assist her in ninja activities. Why not Wakashamo? You know, a Pokemon that's somewhat agile, and looks like it'd be pretty damn good climbing trees.

And this episode has to have another annoying baby.... yup, like everyone else, I found Usohachi annoying as hell, and I agree with Gravy, its personality seems to be a Zenigame rehash right now (although, its battle was a bit more believable.... I think it may've used Faint Attack after Fake Tears, which game-wise, would make sense. So it doesn't look cheap... for now), and it really does not help that its voice makes me ears bleed. I have mixed feelings of what I want to happen with it in future episodes.... on one hand, Takeshi can finally be doing some breeder-related stuff, but I'll be seeing a brain surgeon about removing whatever portion controls my hearing. On the other hand, it stays to rot in its Monster Ball like his other Pokemon, my hearing's saved, my sanity's saved from having to deal with one less annoying baby (also agreeing with Gravy, Manene's the only decent one), but Takeshi will end up being shoved to the background again.... meh, too late for him anyway, in fact, I've been waiting for the day Satoshi, Haruka, and/or Masato start caring for the group themselves and he leaves.

Oh, but of course, they gotta have that 4th generation advertising.... I guess if Takeshi keeps a bottle in its mouth at all times, and he eventually gets it to stop crying and do something useful (but unlike Zenigame, make the process seem believable.... Takeshi's trying to be a breeder, too, so there's no excuse if the writers just immediately pulled Usohachi being 00ber out of their a**es when they could just as easily have Takeshi do something that's effective and somewhat realistic, thus advancing both Usohachi's character and his own), it should work out fine.... ah, who am I kidding, I know we're gonna deal with that annoying voice regardless, and it's probably gonna pwn Rocket Dan at some point, I can see it now..... [twitch]

Well, besides the lack of Anzu (I agree she's hot, and needs to get a friggin anime appearance in there already... damn Aya just HAD to butt into Jouto, didn't she, as if she didn't steal enough of other characters' spotlight with Kyou?), at least the rest of this episode was amusing. Lots of comments on Musashi's creepy face, but I'm surprised no one mentioned how Kojirou and Nyaasu performed some ninja vanishing trick soon afterwards XD.

Geodude

Geodude said:
Anyone catch the Sailor Moon reference? Team Rocket interrupted things by throwing a shuriken that, when it hit the ground, opened to reveal one of James' roses. In Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Mask always made his entrance by throwing a rose like that (except without the shuriken).
I did, yes. It was neat.

And I'm not sure why everyone's saying that Bonsly's personality is just the same as Squirtle's. Squirtle isn't even a crybaby anymore, for one thing, especially after having developed a love for performing onstage. And you never know when Bonsly's crying is real or when it's faking it (using Fake Tears?) with the intention of suddenly turning on you.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
that still doesn't mean that crying isn't annoying as hell.

JazzJazz

Geodude said:
you never know when Bonsly's crying is real or when it's faking it (using Fake Tears?) with the intention of suddenly turning on you.

Real or fake, I hope it gets over it soon and starts to develop into a decent character. However, being one of Brock's pokemon probably means that we won't be seeing much of it... given that Brock's own screen time is limited as it is.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
I did, yes. It was neat.

And I'm not sure why everyone's saying that Bonsly's personality is just the same as Squirtle's. Squirtle isn't even a crybaby anymore, for one thing, especially after having developed a love for performing onstage. And you never know when Bonsly's crying is real or when it's faking it (using Fake Tears?) with the intention of suddenly turning on you.
I guess we're the one of the few who enjoy Bonsly here. Thats why I like BMGF better because people arent bashed if their opinion differs from others. i remember when everybody complained about meowths voice but, now I hear nobody complain about it so obviously people got use to it. The same will happen with Bonsly. This personality is fine the way it is. We havent had a personality similar to this in a long time. It reminds me of the teddiursa filler back in johto where Misty fell for its cuteness but, when she turned her back it destroyed and ate things. Although it most likely isnt going to be as bad as Tediursa was.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
ghost master said:
I guess we're the one of the few who enjoy Bonsly here. Thats why I like BMGF better because people arent bashed if their opinion differs from others. i remember when everybody complained about meowths voice but, now I hear nobody complain about it so obviously people got use to it. The same will happen with Bonsly. This personality is fine the way it is. We havent had a personality similar to this in a long time. It reminds me of the teddiursa filler back in johto where Misty fell for its cuteness but, when she turned her back it destroyed and ate things. Although it most likely isnt going to be as bad as Tediursa was.
Who was bashed for liking Bonsly again? Seriously, if some people don't like the thing, it doesn't mean they're going to tear apart anyone who does. I couldn't care less who likes it and who doesn't myself. If I don't like it, I'll just say so, and surely there's nothing wrong with that?

...since when was everybody complaining about Meowth's voice, may I be so bold as to ask? Even so, there's a world of difference between the two. At least Meowth has the ability to speak. When the character in question is screeching out the same word over and over, there's a world of difference.
Hell, I probably wouldn't mind Bonsly's voice half as much if it could learn to shut up for more than 20 seconds. Hopefully that will be the case and I'll be able to tolerate the pokémon in the future. Deep down I really don't want to dislike a Brock pokémon, but if this episode was any indication of how it will act in the future, then thats the path I'm going to be forced down.

I don't see the similarites between Teddiursa and Bonsly either. Teddiursa was a crafty bugger who acted cute to get what it wanted.
Bonsly cries to disorientate someone and attacks them for no apparant reason. Um...comedy gold I'm sure....

Heracross

Custom User Title
Gravy said:
...since when was everybody complaining about Meowth's voice, may I be so bold as to ask?
I believe he was talking about the thread at Bulbagarden, where a discussion of Nyasu's voice was indeed taking place.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Who was bashed for liking Bonsly again?
People on these forums are bashed for having different opinions. Maybe not about Bonsly but, it does occur somewhat frequently. You usually dont care whether people love or hate characters and I notice but, some people make such a big deal out of cartoon/anime characters around here.
I believe he was talking about the thread at Bulbagarden, where a discussion of Nyasu's voice was indeed taking place.
Yes, I probally should've referenced that.
When the character in question is screeching out the same word over and over, there's a world of difference.
that's true.........