1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

From Ghost To Ghost! (184)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - The Johto League Champions' started by Serebii, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

From Ghost To Ghost!

Now in the Ecruteak Gym, Ash must now face the hardest Gym Battle he has had...against 3 Ghost type Pokémon...Gastly, Haunter & Gengar. Will Ash be able to see through their Illusions and win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Out of all the gym battles Ash has ever been in, this is my top favorite. It was definitely one of the more difficult battles he's been in, considering he hadn't fought many ghost pokemon, and he really used his quick thinking and smarts to win. The best part is that he used Cyndaquil to beat gastly, which was a surprise. Hey, it worked, so kudos for him. He also did great with Noctowl.

Team Rocket were also pretty good in this episode. I like how the ghost pokemon tricked them, it was pretty funny. :D

3. vulpix

vulpix Guest

now this episode was intense.

4. Phantom_Bugsy

Phantom_Bugsy So hot he's on fire.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. *salivates* Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Matsubaaaaaa. *_____*

___Translation: OMG! MORTY! EEEEE! *squeal*____

5. Alfonso

Alfonso Derpgull

The one bad thing about this episode was the fact that they used S*ittastic animation for it, just like the Roxanne Gym Battle episode. I mean, seriously. They give the great animation episodes to a frikking filler with PICHU, and then give this episode to the crappy animation team. >.>

6. whit19

whit19 Fire boy

I liked the part when Cyndaquil ran up gastly's tongue and headbutted him.

Looked like somethin outta DBZ.

7. Aptenodytes

Aptenodytes Well-Known Member

great gym episode! morty was great and his pokemon were fun to watch while battling!

8. Meganium Ex

Meganium Ex Banned

I liked it, but I wish we saw Musdrevus. But overall, I loved it!

9. This was one of the better gym battles, IMO

10. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

A very exciting and intense gym battle I throughly enjoyed it, congrats to Ash for winning a Fog Badge. Considering Ash hasn't had many battles against Ghost Pokemon he did pretty good holding his own and puling a come from behind victory.

11. Misty Fanboi13

Misty Fanboi13 Over Analyst

this episode was epic/10

noctowl learned confusion and showed of how badass he/she/it is, one of the few good johto episodes;164;

12. Joshehh

Joshehh Well-Known Member

The battle was very well done, and Ash really used his head for once.

I liked how he actually thought to use foresight, and how Cyndquil ran up Gastly's tongue.

Although I think Gengar was way too shafted in favour of Gastly, couldn't he have put up a bit more of a fight... Still an excellent gym battle.

13. Sharks Shouldn't Fly

Sharks Shouldn't Fly Radda radda.

This was definitely one of the best gym battles ever.
    ...Even though it bothered me how easily Pikachu lost; that thing should have been a really high level. D:<

Plus, Matsuba is one of the best gym leaders ever, IMO. :'D

14. bhrettzerda053

bhrettzerda053 I have returned.....

Kudos for Ash's Noctowl, because it learned Confusion in the battle! I love how the group of Gastly seemed to foil Team Rocket's scheme. And Morty too, he's so kind.

15. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

gym battles are good but ghost gyms? he he it was a nice episode and i hope the next i'll be watching will be as good as this one.

16. One thing irked me about this episode, and that was the way they portrayed Mean Look. Apparently Mean Look makes Pokemon unable to switch only because Brock says so. Why couldn't they have shown Haunter manipulating the Pokemon away from the Poke Ball's beams or something? At least they made good use of Foresight.

17. Tadashi

Tadashi kiss my greens

I must admit, this was actually a forgettable episode. I love Ecruteak City itself, but I completely forgot that Ash had a Gym Match here. So I had to read the episode guide.

And what do I see? Not too much. Pretty much the only noteworthy aspect of the episode was Ash actually using strategy, ie: using Foresight properly.

At least he didn't have to have a rematch, that's all I can say .-.

18. defno

defno Well-Known Member

I agree it was pretty forgetable.
    I was very dissapointed, I expected a much more intense battle. -.-

19. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

I agree that the battle wasn't as good as it could have been, but how can you forget where a gym is?

20. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Sadly, this was Noctowl's only major battle in the entire series.

Kinda sad and pathetic, but most of Ash's Johto Pokemon were handled badly so that's just how it was back then.

The writers really screwed up Ash's Johto team so badly, at least Phanpy was salvaged when they brought it back for Battle Frontier, and Heracross is a good reserve as well.

Ash's Johto starters + Noctowl got the absolute worst treatment of all his teams.