• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

(As of SM) Who Completes Ash's Dream Team?

• Total voters

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
If Ash made a dream team in the show, there's no way that Snorlax would make it in over Krookodile, and Greninja would definitely make a convenient return.

I'd choose Snorlax anyway because it's the only true "tank" Ash has used properly. Honestly, we've hit the point where Ash has multiple options in making a true dream team and we should just focus on grouping all of Ash's top tier's together. Snorlax, Incineroar, Krookodile, and Lycanroc all deserve their place as powerhouses, and Melmetal is imo solidly in B+ with Bulbasaur, Swellow, Glalie, etc.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
If Ash made a dream team in the show, there's no way that Snorlax would make it in over Krookodile, and Greninja would definitely make a convenient return.

I'd choose Snorlax anyway because it's the only true "tank" Ash has used properly. Honestly, we've hit the point where Ash has multiple options in making a true dream team and we should just focus on grouping all of Ash's top tier's together. Snorlax, Incineroar, Krookodile, and Lycanroc all deserve their place as powerhouses, and Melmetal is imo solidly in B+ with Bulbasaur, Swellow, Glalie, etc.

I would put both bulbasaur and swellow over melmetal and lycannroc they both have more experience and moe impressive wins, i have my doubts about lycannroc being powerhouse especially after jobing vs kukui's braviary who it should have beaten, its biggest win is against midnight nd it was obvious in that match that midnight was stonger than dusk. His other 5 are snorlax, incineroar, krokodile, swellow and bulbasaur. His solid tier 2 are Heracross, melmetal, talonflame, hawlucha, glalie, sunny droc, gliscor and kingler who all comes after that.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
For me Ash's dream team is
PEAKachu
Sceptile
Infernape
Greninja
Charizard
Incineroar/Melmetal/Lycanroc

Yes I know people underestimate melmetal but they also conveniently ignore his opponents and the circumstances. For me melmetal has the potential to be hella strong elite tier. So yeah can't decide between incineroar lycanroc and melmetal but those three Definitely beat Snorlax and krookodile for the top 6 spot

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
For me Ash's dream team is
PEAKachu
Sceptile
Infernape
Greninja
Charizard
Incineroar/Melmetal/Lycanroc

Yes I know people underestimate melmetal but they also conveniently ignore his opponents and the circumstances. For me melmetal has the potential to be hella strong elite tier. So yeah can't decide between incineroar lycanroc and melmetal but those three Definitely beat Snorlax and krookodile for the top 6 spot
He's strong and has potential for growth, but his time in the limelight is over and we probably won't see much more from him anymore (if we ever do), as is, while he's still strong (IMO probably about as strong as Heracross, though he could also be as strong as Bulbasaur, which isn't that much lower)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Incineroar the strongest, ha. Bet in a few years those are the same people who'll go "Ash's Fire types always hog the spotlight and are his most powerful Pokemon! Gen 9 Fire starter doesn't deserve to evolve!" Even though that ain't true, Lycanroc and Pikachu were the glory hogs. Lycanroc's final fight was the one time he didn't get to show up the others

Lycanroc's the strongest of the Alola Pokemon, but Krookodile finishes the dream team

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The people putting up Incineroar and Melmetal (look like strong pokemon), need to look at Torterra for a second.

Turtwig/Grotle had plenty of wins under its belt. No reason to doubt it strength after it evolved. Then it was pitted against powerhouse after powerhouse after powerhouse in the part of the series where Infernape's story needed to be resolved (Blaze resolved vs. Volkner and obviously the star vs. Paul).

The truth is, both Incineroar and Melmetal have little to show for themselves and this is due the anime handing them late evolutions. We know Glalie is strong because it tore up the Hoenn League after it evolved. Meltan had a joke win, a loss vs. Silvally and an okay win vs. Empoleon (arguably the least hyped of Kukui's team). In my eyes, outside of something abstract as "potential", there's nothing pointing towards putting it above Torterra. Because if we're talking about potential, then Torterra could probably still swallow an Energy Ball - and we saw what happened when Grotle used that technique vs. Palmer's Rhyperior. Torterra would tear Melmetal apart. <- This is to point out that talking about "potential" doesn't count. That's also why Noivern doesn't appear high up on people lists, despite having a good moveset and doing well against powerhouses.. being young and having plenty of room to grow.

Same with Incineroar. It had barely any good matches as a Litten/Torracat (Lurantis, Venusaur and Incineroar - not counting vs. Scizor, not saying it was weak, but it couldn't defend itself), but those shouldn't count as benchmarks as how strong it currently is. If they did count solely then Torterra's wins as Turtwig and Grotle should count as well and shouldn't be disqualified for it's losses in its final form (again, against three universally agreed upon powerhouses).

Personally, Snorlax still takes the 6th, maybe Lycanroc and Krookodile as close 7th and 8th.

1. Peakachu
2. Ash-Greninja
3. Charizard
4. BlazeNape
5. Sceptile
6. Snorlax
7. Krookodile (if you believe the conspiracy, it should've been caught during BW21/22 and Palpitoad wouldn't have happened at all).
8. Lycanroc (it's performances are plenty and substantial)

Then it gets tricky between the stuff like Incineroar, Melmetal, Torterra, Gliscor, Swellow, Glalie, Heracross and Bulbasaur. <- Descending generational order.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
There's no way DL is stronger than Incineroar. Just because DL gave Ash a league win, doesn't mean he's strongest one. Look at feats people: Incineroar tied with Kukui's Incineroar. DL only beat Gladion's ML. DL is 2nd-3rd strongest( hell even Melmetal would probably beat him because Melmetal lost to Silvally, but did ok against him, beat Empoleon and lost to Incineroar). And you have DL who lost to .... BRAVIARY lol. Sure it can be DL > Melmetal, but IMO Melmetal would beat DL. Incineroar is objectively stronger than both.

I know people are fed up with fire Pokemon on his A team, but that's how it is. Charizard and Infernape are proven strongest and Incienroar now did( 6th or 7th). But it's not our fault, writers made him strongest. Krookodile is probably 8th. ( Yeah, Krookodile would beat Melmetal because of Dragonite feat).

Lightning Bolt

Honestly, Krookodile is massively overrated. It had some good wins, but overall his battle track wasn't any better than Torracat's IMO.

Lycanroc is one of Ash's tankiest mons along with Snorlax. The guy tanked several Swords Dance boosted Counters and Outrages against Edgyroc, took out all of Nanu's mons in the GT with only a Sitrus Berry before Persian, and survived a 800 meter fall before finally being KOed by a super-effective Close Combat. Melmetal gets a B+ for me.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Krookodile winning against Sawk wasn’t all that impressive either since Leavanny did the majority of the damage to it before fainting. It’s still Ash’s Unova ace (with Pignite coming close) but no way is Krookodile one of his strongest six. Maybe it was before XY happened but not now!

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Well even heracross is not that strong pokemon, it jobbed in its only match against spencer in BF and was beaten rather easily by darkrai, its only major wins are against nando's krikitune and gary's magmar and one cotd's scizor both of which happened ages ago.

Soniman

Break the Limit
People over hype Krookodile because it was the standout in a saga where almost all of Ash's team was under evolved and under trained. So yeah maybe in the larger context he's not super impressive but he's still basically the ace of Unova

Master Pikachu 11

There's no way DL is stronger than Incineroar. Just because DL gave Ash a league win, doesn't mean he's strongest one. Look at feats people: Incineroar tied with Kukui's Incineroar. DL only beat Gladion's ML. DL is 2nd-3rd strongest( hell even Melmetal would probably beat him because Melmetal lost to Silvally, but did ok against him, beat Empoleon and lost to Incineroar). And you have DL who lost to .... BRAVIARY lol. Sure it can be DL > Melmetal, but IMO Melmetal would beat DL. Incineroar is objectively stronger than both.

I know people are fed up with fire Pokemon on his A team, but that's how it is. Charizard and Infernape are proven strongest and Incienroar now did( 6th or 7th). But it's not our fault, writers made him strongest. Krookodile is probably 8th. ( Yeah, Krookodile would beat Melmetal because of Dragonite feat).
Technically Ash’s defeated Kukui’s and it only fainted after the fact that Hala declared Ash’s the winner. So it wasn’t a tie because that would mean that both Ash’s and Kukui were knocked out at the same time like Pikachu and Zoroark.

keepitsimple

site of lies
Krookodile winning against Sawk wasn’t all that impressive either since Leavanny did the majority of the damage to it before fainting.
liepard did the majority of the damage to krookodile so by the time krookodile battled sawk they were both about equally damaged