• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

From Lake of Rage to the Edge of the World...

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
Hello, I'm Josh, as many may or may not know.

I decided, since the school year is quickly ending and I'm bored, I might as well start a Sprite Comic.

Intro Old
Episode 2 Old

Intro:

Credits:
Sprites courtesy of Meowth346's chipset
Maps easily drawn thanks to EliteMap

Last edited:

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
LOL! Nice comic! XD Well, the humor is there, but the graphics, are well, as how we say this, a bit o_O;;;;;

But anyways, your comic is good for a start! Hoepfully you would continue it! XD

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
Avegaille Spellman said:
LOL! Nice comic! XD Well, the humor is there, but the graphics, are well, as how we say this, a bit o_O;;;;;

But anyways, your comic is good for a start! Hoepfully you would continue it! XD
Thanks. I probably will need to work the background out a bit. Any hints?

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
Hmm, maybe you can use the Ru/Sa ones, but then again, meh...

Your you can use Photo Shop programs or even CorelDraw, if you have them... o_O;;;

blueaquadog

Elect./water master
1. It was really confusing!
2. A bunch of grammer/spelling mistakes.
3. Badly resized sprites.
Thats all I have to say.

Mastercougar

The Infinite Fire
Okay, I'm only gonna sing this one more time, Josh....

*to music*

When you want to resize things

Which is not always a neccessity

Use Control-W, the stretch tool

It's less messity

Just keep that in mind when you're resizing sprites.

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
blueaquadog said:
1. It was really confusing! I gathered.
2. A bunch of grammer/spelling mistakes. That was the point. Go look for the "All Your Base Are Belong To Us" flash movie.
3. Badly resized sprites. I gathered.
Thats all I have to say.

I know. I'll try harder next time.

Butchimatic, that was kinda hilarious but some things were just too... Cruel. It was all right but the comic sucking part was a bit over the top.

And "Vister" was the only mistake I noticed.

Bu†cH

Braaiiiiiinss......
How are you lady and gentlemen !!
Not a spelling error, but still an error.

Should've been:
How are you, ladies and gentlemen?
---------------
P.S. That comic I just mad is what I call a cri-mic. The first one ever was made by Davis PKMN Master. His cri-mics are a bit meaner.
---------------
I'm sorry it offended you. I truly am.
Can't wait til the next one, though.

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
Butchimatic said:
Not a spelling error, but still an error.

Should've been:
How are you, ladies and gentlemen?

It was the point. The whole comic was based off the "Zero Wing" intro or commonly referred to as the "All Your Base Are Belong To Us" story.

umbro

Teh Cyndaquil
Very good........... but, mixing the graphics wasn't your best idea in my opinion(Sp?)

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
umbro said:
Very good........... but, mixing the graphics wasn't your best idea in my opinion(Sp?)
Yeah I was too lazy and too asleep to look up the GSC sprites.

Anyways, I'm working on a new version using the RS stuff. I'm up to frame four but have to stop for tonight.

Bu†cH

Braaiiiiiinss......
I'll never doubt your spriting talent again.

The size, the sprites, the characters, and the story.....IMPROVED AND AWESOME!

Keep it up!

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
Butchimatic said:
I'll never doubt your spriting talent again.

The size, the sprites, the characters, and the story.....IMPROVED AND AWESOME!

Keep it up!
Thanks. Perhaps staying up until midnight and waking up at 6 AM helps. :p

blueguy

used Metronome!
Now that it isn't a mix of two different spriting generations (that was a big mistake, by the way), I will review...

First off, why did you call those comments stupid? I think it was a bit foolish to use sprites from G/S/C and R/S/E, and a bit immature to use that joke.

Anyways... I must say I really didn't get it. :/

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
blueguy said:
Now that it isn't a mix of two different spriting generations (that was a big mistake, by the way), I will review...
Yeah, wasn't thinking, sorry.

First off, why did you call those comments stupid? I think it was a bit foolish to use sprites from G/S/C and R/S/E, and a bit immature to use that joke.
Again, sorry. I didn't mean it as an insult to the criticism. Probably should've worded it better.

Anyways... I must say I really didn't get it. :/ Yeah, no one gets anything. :p I'll try harder.

Thanks for the review Blueguy, hope to see more of your PokéChow.