• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

From the so called "overrated" animes, which one is better than the other "overrates"

Out of these "overrated" anime, which is the better of the lot?

• Total voters

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
Since there are tons of debates of whether some of these animes are the greatest of all time or just good, I decided to compile a list and see which one you guys think is better than the others.

We all have to accept though that all these animes are not utter crap - they must have something that is good about them to attract fans and gain the utter devotion of those you aren't children.

Anzua2

Since there are tons of debates of whether some of these animes are the greatest of all time or just good, I decided to compile a list and see which one you guys think is better than the others.

We all have to accept though that all these animes are not utter crap - they must have something that is good about them to attract fans and gain the utter devotion of those you aren't children.

Many of those aren't overrated, but are held in high regard due to their production values and/or storyline and character development.

Also, I notice that you gave two of the most overrated Shonen series of the decade (Naruto and Bleach) some sympathy by not allowing them on the list.

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
Many of those aren't overrated, but are held in high regard due to their production values and/or storyline and character development.

Also, I notice that you gave two of the most overrated Shonen series of the decade (Naruto and Bleach) some sympathy by not allowing them on the list.

I know. You're speaking to a Haruhiist here (lol) and nearly all of those on that list are held in high standard for tangible and well-upheld reasons, like I mentioned in my first post. I personally believe none of those on the list (except one or two) aren't overrated and the list really does have some great stuff on it.

I didn't put Naruto and Bleach on there for a reason. I have no sympathy for those serieses so don't confuse my intentions. I put them (them referring the actual anime I put on the list) there because many doofuses (like a few dozen people who keep on putting anti-Haruhi and anti-NGE threads saying they are the suckiest things to ever step on the planet) think that that list contains only anime that are overrated and utter crap. I didn't put Naruto or Bleach there because even those doofuses reconise that Naruto is overrated so no discussion needed.

Notice I said overrated with inverted commas in my intro post. The commas are there for a reason - I'm implying that the list has no anime which is truly overrated (i.e. 100% doesn't deserve the popularity it is given) and thus asking which one of these so called "crap" and "overrated" anime (overrated and crap they are not) you like best.

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT

Yea, I am sure there are debates all over the place about how Codegeass, Ouran High School, Lucky Star and Fruits Basket being the greatest of all time.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
You might as well make another poll that has a go with Hayao Miyazaki and Satoshi Kon's pictures. Oh, and make sure to include Watanabe's series, too. And throw in any Yoshitoshi ABe-related anime for good measure.

... Seriously, this is really arbitrary and I'm not too sure why you're so concerned over this.

Personally find Haruhi Suzumiya, Evangelion, GitS: SAC, and Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal to be worth the praise that they generally receive. (For One Piece it'd be the manga, as the anime is the traditional DRAW EVERYTHING OUT type shounen anime adaption.)

Marik Ishtar's Raykazuka

Sky Dragon Blast!
What do you mean by "overated" is that bad or good because i've heard both good and bad versions.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member

Marik Ishtar's Raykazuka

Sky Dragon Blast!
I've only seen a bit of one peace and fruits basket but I liked the 2 seconds of fruits basket better then the 10 to 30 mins of one peace.

Yea, I am sure there are debates all over the place about how Codegeass, Ouran High School, Lucky Star and Fruits Basket being the greatest of all time.

They aren't really great series to be honest.

Big bang theology

Yur notsoaverage az
Something I learned not to long ago: All animes will at one point be considered over rated. Since there is a much broader audience due to the internet, theres bound to be someone who notices every little mistake in an anime and say its crap or overrated or who just plain wants to knock down one series in favor of another. Lets face it, no anime will ever win when it comes down to being not over rated.

So yeah.....just a little something there i guess.

Voted for NGE

eh I wasn't too thrill or excited about it. Some reason it felt too similar to TMoHS. But with slight Yaoi/shojo undertone.

It's really nothing like TMoHS.

And the Yaoi/shojo stuff is all in good fun. The show isn't seriously at all, which is good. The only thing is that you have to manage to sit through the opening, which is a task in and of itself.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
I've only seen a bit of one peace and fruits basket but I liked the 2 seconds of fruits basket better then the 10 to 30 mins of one peace.

Just like how you're mom enjoyed that one night I shared with her than the years she's spent with your dad amirite?

eh I wasn't too thrill or excited about it. Some reason it felt too similar to TMoHS. But with slight Yaoi/shojo undertone.

The only way that they are similar is that they are purely superficial fun and what the hell is wrong with that eh?

... Seriously, I'm not seeing where you're coming from. You just seem to be too adverse to "fads." Boo on you.

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT

HK

Radiance of Shadows
The only way that they are similar is that they are purely superficial fun and what the hell is wrong with that eh?

... Seriously, I'm not seeing where you're coming from. You just seem to be too adverse to "fads." Boo on you.

That's what I was getting at how they similar but even still, I'm not fond of the series.