• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

From UU to Ou (Tiered i think not)

SolomonPiper

Pokemon Blue Veteran
Okay, so this is my team i've figured out so far. First one, so dont bag me PLEASE!

Cincinno w/???
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
Tail Slap
Bullet Seed
Rock Blast
Wake-up Slap/U-turn
evs: 252 Atk/252 Speed
So basically this is my lead pokemon with fairly decent type coverage. Stab move of choice- Tail Slap. With STAB + Technician, it hits 100BP for two hits, 250 for 5. I think yes. Wake-up slap i originally had to take care of some nasty steels that might crop up, namely FERROTHORN, but i am now wondering whether U-Turn would, in fact, be better, mostly so he can get the hell outta there. Oh, and what item to give to it?

Reuniclus w/Life Orb
Nature: Bold
Ability: Magic Guard
Calm Mind
Recover
Focus Blast
Psychic
evs: 252 HP/252 Def/ 4 Sp. Atk OR 252 HP/ 158 Def/ 100 Sp.Atk
Cincinno fears fighting types. Reuniclus, not so much. Even without calm minds under his belt, good old Ranky can utterly batter a certain major threat to my team: Conkelldurr. However, i am as yet undecided about the EV spread. I'd kinda like Reuniclus to be able to pack a decent punch WITHOUT calm minds, but of course i'm also terrified of dark types. Help?

Ferrothorn w/Rocky Helmet
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Iron Barbs
Spikes
Power Whip
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock/Protect/Thunder Wave
evs: 252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Sp.Def
Yes, this is your bog standard, ridiculously common Ferrothorn. The reason i use him? Scizor, Volcarona and pretty much everything else that can hurt my team. Still undecided about the last move. Stealth rock would rip a volcarona to shreds; Protect? Dunno; Thunder wave for that handy paralysis support.

Hydreigon w/???
Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate
Flamethrower
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Surf/Taunt
evs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spd
Oh gods, the Dark Dragon. I just couldnt help naming mine Doom. But back to the point. My two main problems here are: What item should i give it? I thought about giving it a life orb, but a chople berry might help handily. I always have Reuniclus to fall back on to Psychic away that nasty Conkeldurr, but... And the last move. Surf or Taunt? Surf would help handily to take out Volcarona, but it's been recommended i use taunt, so... Ideas?

Volcarona w/???
Ability: Flame Body
Quiver Dance
Flame Dance
Bug Buzz
Hidden Power (Rock)
evs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Speed.
Standard offensive set to exploit its key pros. Heh. Anyway. As you can tell, im not that good with item choices, so, yet again... Item Help?

Eelektross w/Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Acid Spray
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
evs: 252 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 Def
Wicked cool design, no weaknesses without mold breaker... yeah. Acid spray to slash the opponents special defense, grass knot to take care of Mold breakers (Mostly-Curse you, Haxorus) Thunderbolt for main stab and flamethrower for some extra Grass, bug and ice roasting.

Team Synergy: Personally, i think this team covers it's weaknesses quite well. Cincinno is in the top 30 for base speed, which really does kick ***, as well as it being able to scout.
So, could someone give me some feedback on the overall usability of the team, as well as the improvements necessary?

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Being new is no excuse for being a rule breaker. But don't worry, because you didn't and your team looks pretty great. Cinccino I think, does best with a Life Orb. I think lots of people use Choice Specs on Hydreigon, and Volcarona can make the best use of Life Orb, Leftovers, or even a Psychic Gem (if you use Psychic (which I would use) for Terrakion and Tentacruel, Volcarona's worst enemies). All of your Pokemon appear in my signature (and you have good taste)!

SolomonPiper

Pokemon Blue Veteran
Being new is no excuse for being a rule breaker. But don't worry, because you didn't and your team looks pretty great. Cinccino I think, does best with a Life Orb. I think lots of people use Choice Specs on Hydreigon, and Volcarona can make the best use of Life Orb, Leftovers, or even a Psychic Gem (if you use Psychic (which I would use) for Terrakion and Tentacruel, Volcarona's worst enemies). All of your Pokemon appear in my signature (and you have good taste)!

Psychic on Volcarona? I never thought of that o_O i think that is going on :D To replace... ?
Interesting... Yeah, i think i'll use choice specs.
Thank you very much for the feedback :D

SolomonPiper

Pokemon Blue Veteran
Oh, is it? Ooops, my bad. DW Mincinno isnt released yet, so... Hmmm. Guaranteed 153 is nice, but the average hit for Tail Slap is 3 hits in a turn, which is... 168.5, i think. Very nice...

Thebritains

Soul Searchin'
I would actually use Choice Scarf on Hydreigon, that way it can act as a revenge killer which is incredibly handy, and definetly give him surf, not taunt. Your team should watch out for ghost types because Minicciono wont really be able to touch them and im fairly certain they can take out a Reuniclus (without any calm mind's of course). On Volcarona it is Fiery Dance not Flame Dance. I would also give Ferrothorn Leftovers, not rocky helmet because he is not running Leach Seed

SolomonPiper

Pokemon Blue Veteran
I would actually use Choice Scarf on Hydreigon, that way it can act as a revenge killer which is incredibly handy, and definetly give him surf, not taunt. Your team should watch out for ghost types because Minicciono wont really be able to touch them and im fairly certain they can take out a Reuniclus (without any calm mind's of course). On Volcarona it is Fiery Dance not Flame Dance. I would also give Ferrothorn Leftovers, not rocky helmet because he is not running Leach Seed

Changed taunt to surf on computer, same with choice scarf and fiery dance. What was the reasoning behind the change for rocky helmet?

Replace HP (Rock) with Psychic, shoulda remembered that in the first post...

I thought it might've been HP, haha :D thanks.

Thebritains

Soul Searchin'
Because that way he will have a way of regenerating HP, especially since you arent running wish support and he is your only wall, Rocky helmet is better for when you have leech seed up (basically like leftovers) and you want to do damage back when hit by something physical

SolomonPiper

Pokemon Blue Veteran
Ahhhhh. That makes sense. I kinda considered reuniclus a half-hearted wall, but i guess he has some horrifying weaknesses.... Will give ferrothorn leftovers, thanks.

EDIT: Just saying though, i now have a double-up for held items on two pokemon.

Last edited:

Thebritains

Soul Searchin'
I dont think it matters unless theres an item clause or something, i dont really know all i've been playing lately is ALOT ot PO

SolomonPiper

Pokemon Blue Veteran
Oh, sorry to bump this but one more thing. If i replaced Spikes with leech seed, used stealth rock in the last slot and gave Ferrothorn a Rocky helmet, would that work well? Or would it be better to leave Leftovers on Ferrothorn?

pokeplayer12345

i suggest running max hp and max spdef on ferrothorn with leechseed, stealthrock, thunderwave/toxic and powerwhip/gyroball. if u run gyroball, use toxic bcoz of thunderwave lowering the opponent speed making gyroball weaker