• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Frozen Britain

lugia*master

Cheese XD
Top story today in england, there are severe weather warnings all over england, with it being -8 degrees in some parts of the country. There are cars and lorries skidding all over, airports are closing, lorries have skidded and tipped over, the motorways are clogged up, and to make it even worse, we're running out of grit. :/

I don't know if you'll be able to watch this if you're out of england, but here's a link to tbe BBC News website, with a live report:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7459669.stm

discuss :/

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Well, we got through the snow a few weeks back... Where I lived, we had about a foot consistently, until it all got compressed to Ice. I don't think this is anything to worry about, really.

Scrible

It seems like the whole world is cold.

Seriously, it's freezing down here in Florida. And it's not going away.

That's really weird, considering everyone keeps talking about Global Warming =/

Btw, -8 is not as bad as upper US, which is going to be experiencing around -20 F.

Unless it's -8 C...?

TomChomp

I've experienced -14 in Sweden where I used to live

OmniRo

Banned
You guys are lucky. In my country it never snows...

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
You guys are lucky. In my country it never snows...

the only fun day when it snows is the first day, after that roads will become muddy or even solid ice and that's dangerous and slippery, the past 4 weeks i fell 4 times.

anyway, may i suggest the OP to post this story in the newsthread?

glalieguy

Almost there, buddy.
It's getting warmer here in California, although it wasn't that cold in the first place. Wonder if it was me, my new sweatshirt or it really got warmer...
When we went to Death Valley it went like 16 degrees Farenheit the last night we were there, and going home we saw some snow beside the freeway... which is kind of unusual since we weren't that high up.
It doesn't really compare to -8 degrees of Britain or -20 degrees of Minnesota, but still...

Hero

OOHH YEE YOU WANT ME
I've been in bed for about 3 days thanks to the snow. I love snow. Snow has saved me from having to do...well, anything.

TomChomp

There was 4 feet of snow a couple of miles from where I live in Ireland yesterday

I got sent home from school early :)

hence why I'm on here

Is that... Scottish?

Anyway, the severe weather hasn't reached me yet, but there's still plenty of snow, and the bad stuff should hit 3.00pm tomorrow; co-inciding with everyone leaving school, mostly to Ingleby Barwick, in a bus, going past a very steep downhill followed by avery steep uphill.

Should be fun, especially as I only live down the street.

Ingleby Barwick, eh? I'm guessing you live very close to me, since I know exactly where you mean.

Last edited:

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
glalieguy said:
When we went to Death Valley it went like 16 degrees Farenheit the last night we were there, and going home we saw some snow beside the freeway... which is kind of unusual since we weren't that high up.
It doesn't really compare to -8 degrees of Britain or -20 degrees of Minnesota, but still...

Actually, that's really comparable to Britain's temperature, considering -8 C is 17.6 F, which isn't all that very cold in my opinion. Unless he did mean Fahrenheit for some reason.

Holy brigglesticks! The great marshan brumpygoofro place is extrigably cold, but not as Britain. Gracious my ninglecrams, my hands are positively frambociously frozen! Grimbledo's!

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Holy brigglesticks! The great marshan brumpygoofro place is extrigably cold, but not as Britain. Gracious my ninglecrams, my hands are positively frambociously frozen! Grimbledo's!

now that's something different. the internet sure is filled with strangers these days, from the one moment we got a teenager with an obsession to become a future rockstar and now we have some... i don't even know what it's called but if someone does know feel free to tell me:p

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!

Is that... Scottish?

Anyway, the severe weather hasn't reached me yet, but there's still plenty of snow, and the bad stuff should hit 3.00pm tomorrow; co-inciding with everyone leaving school, mostly to Ingleby Barwick, in a bus, going past a very steep downhill followed by avery steep uphill.

Should be fun, especially as I only live down the street.

lugia*master

Cheese XD
I did mean celcius, and it is quite cold for it to be here in britain, but it wasn't the temparature I was worried about. Because it's so cold, the snow just keeps freezing, with more snow continually falling on top of it. It's stopped snowing, but it's still about a foot deep, and there's more set to fall tonight.