• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Frozen on their Tracks (598)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Ampharos Train! Looker Appears!

Ash & Co. are heading to Lake Acuity on a train. While travelling, they meet Looker, a member of the International Police, whom is in the area looking for Team Galactic. However, problems arise on the train and the Ampharos running the train, along with a few of the gang's Pokémon are seperated from the gang...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Arm hammer is good attack. I hope that one of Ash's Pokemon will fight here too.

Rampardo

Arm hammer is good attack. I hope that one of Ash's Pokemon will fight here too.
How about no posting until you've seen the actual episode? For gods sake, Ash-kid, stop coming here with posts that are nothing but spam.

Ridiculous.

----
The episode was.... okay. Sometimes it felt like another one of those "random-pokemon-get-lost" episodes", which we've had enough of for this saga. But Handsome was a good character, and i'm glad that Sudow. learned hammer arm instead of the over-used brick break. The 'cliffhanger' at the end was really nice and a great way to hint at the next bunch of episodes.

victreebel007

Sudowoodo with hammer arm is good, he'll be more powerful and may become Brock's most used to battler instead of Croagunk. The episode was good, the Looker side story was the best part as it left the door open for more appearences.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
I agree, Brick Break would have been a bit overkill, since Brock's Croagunk already knows it. I know many of Ash's Pokémon have known Quick Attack at once, but still.

In any case, glad for Hammer Arm, and happy that Handsome (still can't call him Looker) mentioned Team Galactic. I'm hoping the Galactic arc will pick up again soon, with Looker involved.

Iota

uber gon

Accept Change
Is Hammer Arm still white stock footage?

DANdotW

Previously Iota
No, it's not. There has never been a scene of Sudowoodo using Hammer Arm, so there is no footage in stock for them to use for it.

In answer, though, yes, as you can see even in the preview, Sudowoodo's hand glows white.

Iota

BlueVapor

Wow, Sudowoodo learned an attack! Hopefully Sudowoodo will be used more in battle now that it actually has a good attack. Also, I hope we get to see Looker again, he seems interesting.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Sudowoodo already has Mimic, Double Edge, Fake Tears and Flail. Those are good enough attacks. But yes, it should be used much more (by Brock standards) now that it has Hammer Arm.

I loved Gliscor's expression when Ampharos blasted open the hole in the ship with Signal Beam. He was like "Wuh?". Priceless.

Iota

Torpoleon

I like that Sudowoodo learned Hammer Arm. It might be used a lot more now. Also, Looker looking at the Galactic thing at the end was weird. How'd he get it? Sorry for a dumb question but Serebii.net does not have a pic for every second.

pokefan16

shet! Someone haven't uploaded the episode yet...why??!!?

anyway, i've read your post so sudowoodo learned wood harmer wow

Torpoleon

shet! Someone haven't uploaded the episode yet...why??!!?

anyway, i've read your post so sudowoodo learned wood harmer wow
Wood Hammer? Wasn't it Hammer Arm?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
So aside from the ending and the fact that we get a new attack for a Pokemon that never actually comes out of its Pokeball, I take it this was an everyday generic story with Handsome thrown into a fairly minimal B-plot? In spite of the fact that we really needed a breather between all this massive action and plot, I really hoped that Handsome would get some good screentime given how close we are to Galactic Armageddon. Fingers crossed for a quality future appearance.

Review later. S.Suikun is number-one with a bullet-point. There's your bad pun for the day.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I love that Happiny was having so much fun the whole time she was seperated from Brock. I wish I could see this episode right now.

CrazyYanmega

Funny watching Piplup repeatedly attacking the boulder with out any effect, and then Happiny just picked it up and threw it. LOL with Piplup's expession before she attacked the boulder.

I am really gonna feel sorry for Brock when Croagunk evolves.

Last edited by a moderator:

victreebel007

Happiny was amazing in the episode, couldn't help but smile when it tossed that boulder like it was weightless.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I say this everytime I see her, but I just love Happiny! She had such a good time in this episode; and then to just pick up, spin, and throw that boulder like nothing was probably my favorite part. Then you see Piplup acting like "oh yah...I loosened it up for you."

Flock of mad Fearow, huh? Why not Beedrill? Oh, and you have two electric Pokemon against them. Their attacks miss, so they run. Really? Attack again damnit! lol

Congrats to Sudowoodo on learning an attack, but I think it should have been able to blast TR off instead of Pikachu. Though, has Pikachu used Volt Tackle since Wake's gym battle? I forget.

Once again, this felt like two episodes in one...like they just threw Handsome in to fill time with the few minutes of time he had. This is leading me to believe they just wanted to introduce him, so that when the TG arc takes off, we'll already know who he is when we see him again.

Devastator1

the quality of this episode is probably the best ive ever seen. overall it was probably one of the better fillers of pokemon DP. it had some great moments and piplup was really entertaining as well. the bolder scene was brilliant and and i loved how they did pikachu's volt tackle this time.