• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Frozen" Thread

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Still, impressive.

Obviously lol. I'm the one who posted that it was impressive it had so many views.

It's now up to 145,000,000 <3!!!!!!

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
The only ones I thought were iffy were Ray and Sebastian, personally. And Kaa was a bit quiet. But the others were spot-on imo.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
All right, so my family bought the movie today, so we sat down and watched it.

Well... it was alright. Nothing truly spectacular, let alone ground-breaking.

Okay, for starters, Anna has a better personality than Elsa, so why isn't she as popular? She's more out-going, and rather quirky; makes sense, she hasn't been around people for years. She can't be normal around people. Yes, she is a bit like Rapunzel, but she's more out-there than Rapunzel. Elsa wasn't bad, either, but I couldn't really relate to her. Heck, I couldn't relate to this movie at all. I don't have sisters, for one thing, and I have a good relationship with my younger brothers. Kristoff was the down-to-earth guy, so he was pretty cool. Olaf I still don't care for, but I wasn't annoyed by him like I was in the trailers. Sven was the goofy animal buddy, nothing special. Hans was a villain I didn't care for. His motivation kinda made sense, but it was rather petty. You know? So he's got "youngest sibling" syndrome, oh well, I don't care, you have the personality of dirt even if Anna managed to click with you, somehow.

Even though it wasn't pop-like as it was in Tangled, the music was mediocre. The piece of music I liked was the choir you hear in the very beginning and after the climax, if only because I'm a sucker for choir, and it had an interesting melody. The songs were just as mediocre, some worse than others (the song the trolls sing wasn't good). The song about the ice in the beginning was cool, and "Let It Go" was okay. It was only good because the visuals that accompanied it was really, really pretty. The visuals was pretty good, but the best part of the visuals were the ice powers and the ice castle. By itself, it does have a power to it, but over-exposure takes it away. The fact that Disney spent the money to have people do covers of the song to music videos didn't help, I don't care that they were for the international crowd. No wonder it won an Oscar, because Disney rammed it down people's throats so we wouldn't forget about it.

The climax wasn't that strong for a Disney movie. The characters wander around a frozen lake in a snowstorm, right? And when it clears the moment Elsa collapses in sorrow and Anna sees that Hans is going to kill her, she has the strength to run over to stop him (power of love, I guess), and she freezes completely. His sword breaks, he falls back some ways, Elsa sobs on her frozen body, and she thaws out. And once she realizes that it's love that'll thaw the snow, she takes it all away, and then Anna punches Hans out of the boat they're in. Like really?

You know... this movie could've been shorter. Had Anna spent more time with Elsa in her awesome castle, she would've realized that her sister still loves her (and loved her enough to go out into the snow and trek a long-ways to get to her), and she could've stopped the winter. But nope, Anna and Kristoff had to spend more time together even though Anna shouldn't have to have a man to help her, and then Hans has to reveal his "evil" plans and break Anna's gullible heart, and have her realize that Kristoff cared more for her, and they'll end up together in the end anyway. Oh, and there had to be some kind of feminist approach about how women are strong enough to save themselves. Which is all fine and good if it didn't feel as forced as it was in Frozen. The lampshading of Anna getting engaged to a man she just met was really the only nice touch I liked about that.

You know what Disney movie did the power of "women don't need men to be strong" better? Mulan. She didn't have a prince or strong man save her. No, Mulan worked alongside men and developed her own strength (in a time and place where women are expected to bear sons and be good [submissive?] wives to their husbands), while still keeping in touch with her feminine side without losing that knowledge, all at the risk of losing the honor to her family's name. At least in Frozen, whatever the time-period was, Elsa didn't seem to have been expected to marry and share her monarchy with her husband, so no one questioned why it was a prince made the move on the youngest sister and not the eldest.

Also, about the sister relationship? I didn't mind that Disney had a movie focusing on two sisters, we need more movies like that. But I felt more connection with Lilo and Nani in Lilo and Stitch than I did with Elsa and Anna. That was probably because Nani took the time to try and form a good relationship with Lilo while also being the surrogate parent. Elsa and Anna were close as kids, okay, just like most siblings. But then they parted once Elsa accidentally hurt her sister, and they didn't spend enough time together throughout the entire movie, even during the post-coronation party. Good for Anna that she still loved her sister even though they weren't as close as they used to be, but I would've appreciated it more had they done stuff together besides just talk. Why not have them take a walk around the castle reminiscing about stuff, or talking about whatever? Why not show more of their personalities alongside each other? Come on, sisterly bonding should've been the key to all this. Despicable Me focused on the relationship between sisters more than Frozen did.

Oh yeah, though this is a personal nitpick of mine, it's about Elsa and her powers. It's said that she was born with it, but that was it. Um... if her parents knew about this from the beginning, why didn't they teach her from a young age to be more responsible with her powers? She wouldn't have had to hide her powers and get Anna's memory erased if they had been smart about it from the beginning.

So yeah, mediocre film with pretty visuals. This'll probably be the only time I'll watch the film, in all honesty, because I didn't really care for it. I tried to look at it as its own film while not comparing it to previous Disney movies (especially Wreck-It Ralph), and I still came out not caring for it. Didn't really help that Tumblr has pretty much ruined the movie for me in some aspects.

"Get A Horse" was interesting, though, but I think it worked better in the movie theater than it did on a television. Bit of a shame, since I liked the short.

Breeder Drew

To be honest, I thought the movie was fantastic. I absolutely loved it. It was a refreshing breath of fresh air compared to recent animated movies (see Dreamworks with their pop-culture laden fairy tale movies) and other Disney movies that have come out recently. The nordic influences were a nice touch to the original story and I really, really think I need to see it a few more times just to catch some of the things I missed. I'd give it a 9 out of 10. It's a great callback to the Disney Renaissance days of the 90s and it feels like, with this movie, Tangled, and Wreck-It-Ralph, Disney's animation studios have really found their footing again.

ChloboShoka

Writer
Frozen was a good movie. It's ideal for broadway I think. Anna's voice reminds me of a broadway singer. Very theatrical. Let It Go is a good song, but I don't think the other songs were as good as Let It Go, but they were decent. I really liked Hans as a character, they did a really good twist on him.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Frozen was a good movie. It's ideal for broadway I think. Anna's voice reminds me of a broadway singer. Very theatrical. Let It Go is a good song, but I don't think the other songs were as good as Let It Go, but they were decent. I really liked Hans as a character, they did a really good twist on him.

Anna was voiced by Kristen Bell who is pretty much mainly just an actor. She did do some theater early in her career although idk if it was singing.

Mister_SGG

I was forced into watching this movie and it's alright for the type of movie it is (not big on family animated ones for the most part). I definitely do not see what the big fuss is about, however. Seemed like a pretty average Disney film, really. I could name five better ones easily. Like I believe Kutie Pie said the climax was extremely underwhelming... I was never really in suspense and it was really predictable tbh.

I'm not trying to bash this movie, I just don't understand the critical acclaim it's getting.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Well well. Time for ole Platinum Fan to give his two cents on the movie Frozen. I remember thinking, whenever I think of the movie Frozen, I think of those kids stuck on the ski lift in the middle of a snow storm getting picked off by very strange behaving wolves, who hang out in a area filled with people.

So anyway, Disney's Frozen. I heard so many good things about it, so I was curious to see it. Finally saw the movie. The first thing that came to my mind after finishing the movie was "PLEASE LET THIS BE IN KINGDOM HEARTS 3. IT WOULD BE 100% PERFECT IN KHIII."

But back to Frozen. It was good. Was it perfect? No. But I do see why it's beloved. It was really good. I actually had to watch it more then once. I got hooked on it with some friends. The songs were beautiful. And while "Let it Go" was wonderful, especially for when it was being sung on the situation, my favorite song would have to be "Do you want to build a Snowman" I was moved by that one. Let's just say, I could relate to that situation very much with my own older sister.

My only real complaint on Frozen, and this is just a nitpick, and not even a serious one to hurt the film. But my complaint is the parents solution to their daughters ice powers. That's how you tried to solve it? So Anna grows up lonely, longing for her older sisters company, and Elsa spends her days locked up in her room torturing herself? They probably only see each other when Elsa's going to the bathroom. Still it just made me want to see them reconnect even more, so it's fine. Overall I enjoyed Frozen. Good movie. Not perfect, but I see why everyone loves it. Now I want to build a snowman of my own.

Last edited:

GirlKnux

Black Fire Queen
Well well. Time for ole Platinum Fan to give his two cents on the movie Frozen. I remember thinking, whenever I think of the movie Frozen, I think of those kids stuck on the ski lift in the middle of a snow storm getting picked off by very strange behaving wolves, who hang out in a area filled with people.

So anyway, Disney's Frozen. I heard so many good things about it, so I was curious to see it. Finally saw the movie. The first thing that came to my mind after finishing the movie was "PLEASE LET THIS BE IN KINGDOM HEARTS 3. IT WOULD BE 100% PERFECT IN KHIII."

But back to Frozen. It was good. Was it perfect? No. But I do see why it's beloved. It was really good. I actually had to watch it more then once. I got hooked on it with some friends. The songs were beautiful. And while "Let it Go" was wonderful, especially for when it was being sung on the situation, my favorite song would have to be "Do you want to build a Snowman" I was moved by that one. Let's just say, I could relate to that situation very much with my own older sister.

My only real complaint on Frozen, and this is just a nitpick, and not even a serious one to hurt the film. But my complaint is the parents solution to their daughters ice powers. That's how you tried to solve it? So Anna grows up lonely, longing for her older sisters company, and Elsa spends her days locked up in her room torturing herself? They probably only see each other when Elsa's going to the bathroom. Still it just made me want to see them reconnect even more, so it's fine. Overall I enjoyed Frozen. Good movie. Not perfect, but I see why everyone loves it. Now I want to build a snowman of my own.

1) with the KH3 idea, yeah, ALOT of people on DeviantART were talking about it, so it would be a given, that Elsa could be a boss in KH3, since a boss battle with Hans would be boring

2) regarding the parents......yea, they were kind of making it worse, true....but still, it makes you think, if Elsa only needed LOVE to control her powers, did she love her parents??????

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
1) with the KH3 idea, yeah, ALOT of people on DeviantART were talking about it, so it would be a given, that Elsa could be a boss in KH3, since a boss battle with Hans would be boring

2) regarding the parents......yea, they were kind of making it worse, true....but still, it makes you think, if Elsa only needed LOVE to control her powers, did she love her parents??????

I'll be the first to complain if Frozen is not in KH3. The themes fit so perfectly with KH's cheesy love/heart message. It's like Frozen was meant for a KH adaptation. I'd love a scene with Sora and Anna connecting and Riku with Elsa. It's perfect. And yeah, a boss fight with Hans would be boring unless they make it like Clayton.

As for the parents thing. I get why they wrote it this way, because otherwise we wouldn't have a movie. But it's like if they kept Elsa and Anna together and just supervised them, it would have worked out better. Elsa's powers only go out of control when she's fearful or stressed out, but when she's with her family she's calmer and her powers reflect it. I was wondering if they were going to try and make Elsa a villain at some point but turn her back. I don't know how well that would have worked, since I probably would have been rooting for her.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
As for the parents thing. I get why they wrote it this way, because otherwise we wouldn't have a movie. But it's like if they kept Elsa and Anna together and just supervised them, it would have worked out better. Elsa's powers only go out of control when she's fearful or stressed out, but when she's with her family she's calmer and her powers reflect it. I was wondering if they were going to try and make Elsa a villain at some point but turn her back. I don't know how well that would have worked, since I probably would have been rooting for her.

It's called an "idiot ball" (even though I think the entire movie was an "idiot plot" because there were plenty of opportunities to solve the problem without causing a bigger mess). And didn't Elsa get stressed out more once her parents suddenly told her, "You need to learn to control your powers now that we've hidden you away. You must do as we say, or you will never be queen."? Her knowing Anna's accident was her fault notwithstanding, I don't think she needed to be told to do something and remained supervised the entire time.

The parents knew about her powers since she was born. You would think they would've taught her at a very young age to be responsible for her powers. Before Anna's accident, I think the girls had messed around the castle as such quite a bit (and even afterwards, Anna still did crazy, dangerous things around the castle). It wasn't anything new that Elsa was using her powers for her and her sister to play, Anna knew about it, she loved it, and that was how she and her sister bonded. I think the parents knew about this as well, and maybe they approached the girls about it, but they told them (like all small children do), "We'll be careful!" and then the accident happened not long afterwards.

I don't think it's much of a convenience they were killed off as quickly as we saw them, in all honesty. It's cliché of Disney to kill off parents, but something tells me they weren't good at thinking ahead. But that's just me.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I rented out the movie from Redbox and just finished watching it. Didn't know that there were so many songs in the movie, I don't really like a lot of singing. I also didn't really like how they didn't explain Elsa's powers at all, it was just some random "curse" that she just happened to have and Anna didn't happen to have. There was also this minor plot hole in the movie where Sven has his tongue stuck to the railing of the ice castle, and then after Anna and Kristoff fall off the cliff, he happened to appear right next to them, which makes absolutely no sense. How the hell did he get down there?

But other than all that, it was an all right movie, pretty entertaining. Wasn't expecting the twist where Hans turned out to only want to marry Anna so he can rule Arendelle (and if Elsa and Kristoff didn't say it enough, I share the sentiment that marrying someone you just met is monumentally stupid).

I was forced into watching this movie and it's alright for the type of movie it is (not big on family animated ones for the most part). I definitely do not see what the big fuss is about, however. Seemed like a pretty average Disney film, really.

I also share this sentiment, it's not much to write home about, and IDK why people are obsessed with it either.

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I rented out the movie from Redbox and just finished watching it. Didn't know that there were so many songs in the movie, I don't really like a lot of singing. I also didn't really like how they didn't explain Elsa's powers at all, it was just some random "curse" that she just happened to have and Anna didn't happen to have. There was also this minor plot hole in the movie where Sven has his tongue stuck to the railing of the ice castle, and then after Anna and Kristoff fall off the cliff, he happened to appear right next to them, which makes absolutely no sense. How the hell did he get down there?

This.
While I thoroughly enjoyed the theme of the movie, as well as Olaf's naïvete ("Well, look at that! I've been impaled."), these were the things I wanted explained at some point in the film.
A big sin the producers and writers committed was Else's father explaining to the troll that Elsa was born with the powers. In the Reprise of For the First Time In Forever, Elsa sings that she can't control the curse.
So, was she born or cursed with the powers, Disney? The movie needed serious proofreading.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
A big sin the producers and writers committed was Else's father explaining to the troll that Elsa was born with the powers. In the Reprise of For the First Time In Forever, Elsa sings that she can't control the curse.
So, was she born or cursed with the powers, Disney? The movie needed serious proofreading.

I think it's both according to her. She was happy she had these awesome ice powers for her and her sister to goof around with, but once she learned that she could actually *gasp* kill someone with her powers and she had to be forced to suppress it (not control, suppress), she came to despise it and saw it as a curse. Either way, considering they just waived it off with a "born" line and never expanded on it, I think they expected us to just let it go because it's magical and Disney films are famous for magical things, we don't need explanations on why things are magical.

Still doesn't excuse the bad writing in some areas, though.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Holy ****, holy ****, HOLY ****!!!!

Frozen is officially the highest grossing animated film of all time <3!!!!!

It has earned $398.4 domestically and $674 million internationally, for a grand total of $1.072 BILLION worldwide :O.

It's disney's first billionaire ^_^.

Oh and Let It Go has almost 165 million views <3!!!!!!!!!!!!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It's Disney's first billionaire by themselves, but Toy Story 3 was their first (with Pixar)

Well I did say just disney lol. I never mentioned Pixar.