• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fruits Basket General Shipping Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medea

Excalibur
kyo-tohru1.png
tohru-ayame1.png
kyo-tohru2.png

~F R U I T S B A S K E T S~

Welcome to the discussion of Fruits Basket, shipping and whatnot! The story is about a young teenage girl named Tohru Honda. At the beginning of the story, Tohru loses her mother in a freak car crash and is now living in a tent. Well one way or another, she ends up living in a fellow classmate's house. Yuki Sohma and his family. But Tohru comes across a family secret that Yuki and the rest of the Sohma's have. If they are hugged by a member of the opposite sex, they are transformed into a character from the zodiac.

But that's background info of the anime, now to the good stuff. Tohru lives in the house with three other men. We have Yuki Sohma. Popular with almost all the ladies at school, but seems to have a fairly obvious attraction to Tohru. As he never is impatient with her, always treats her with respect and always tries his best to watch after her. Then there's Kyo. He has a hot temper and sometimes loses it with Tohru, but eventually mellows out with her. He's come to terms when it comes to Tohru. And then there's Shigure. Well Shigure x Tohru is a completely weird shipping, but one that shouldn't be counted out.

Along with these four main characters, there are indeed several other characters and so many different ships. There's Ayame x Shigure lovers, Shigure x Mii, Hiro x Kisa, and so many others.

Rules

1.) All Serebii rules apply here.
2.) One liners will be treated the same way I do in Clubs. Keep in mind.
3.) Respect each other and this thread. I don't want any smart-arse posts that I would see from haters in the Alt. Anime section. You know who you are!
4.) Please be respectful of everyone's ships. Not everyone might like Kyo x Tohru some people may like Kyo x Kagura or even Tohru x Yuki and have a different preference. So be respectful.
5.) Art work is highly encouraged. But what do I say? CREDIT CREDIT CREDIT! You must supply a link at the bottom of the post of where you got it. Or if it's something you made, just say so.
6.) Pictures. They are okay to post but don't go overboard. No more than TWO pictures to a post and try not to put up a picture in every other post. We've got a Shipping Picture Thread for that.
7.) Break any of these rules and you will get a strike. Get three strikes and your time will be up.
8.) The manga shipping discussion may also be allowed. It is Fruits Basket after all. And a lot more happens in the manga than in the anime.
9.) Have fun.

AMV List

You Found Me [a Kyo x Tohru tribute] by Medea (mrcent10)

Strike List

Ban List

Topics

What are your favorite shipping(s) and why?

Last edited:

Mel-Girl

left. right.
OH MY FACK. A FRUITS BASKET SHIPPING THREAD. <3333333333333333

I WILL POST OMG I WILL POST

Kyo x Tohru - I don't care that like, everyone supports it but I love this ship to pieces. I love Kyo heaps and I want him to be happy and Tohru is just so lovely towards him and he gets all insanely cute around her, she really brings out softer sides to Kyo, it's really sweet. I can't ship Kyo with any other girls, it never seems right to me somehow, because around others, he doesn't show the sides of Kyo that I really love. Crazy, bad-tempered Kyo is fun but when he gets more sensitive and awkward, it's uber cuteness. Idk, Tohru just seems perfect for my cat boy. <3

Hiro x Kisa - Kisa's so overly cute and the way Hiro wants to protect her is so sweet. The two are just sweet and cute and plus, it doesn't have angsty teen aspect (not as much anyway). Plus again, Kisa brings out nicer Hiro. Heh. <3

Kakeru x Kimi - yeah yeah, whatever, their interaction is a total crack-up, I don't see the two being romantic at all, but I ship it anyway but the shipping crack. <3

Yuki x Machi - Machi behaves so differently around Yuki compared to everyone else and he's so nice to her and always watching out for her. You can tell he does genuinely care for her and well, less of him being tryhard prince because his natural real self finally wins the girl over. And Machi's not a fangirl, which is a plus for Yuki x girl ship. <3

Shigure x Ayame x Hatori - shipping the threesome ftw. These three just rule the world and each side is win-win. Hatori sorting out Ayame, Shigure and Ayame's gay innuendo and Shigure and Hatori's srs discussions, man. It's all fun and plonk the three together and we have three hot men with history with each other and well, Shigure x Ayame is win-win as itself but Hatori is hot and needs to lay down the rules. ;D

Oh yeah, before I forget... ;D

Kakeru x Yuki - Hot boys, awesome interaction, best guy duo in Fruits Basket ever. Enough here. <3

I need to rewatch the Fruits Basket anime... oh man <33333

Medea

Excalibur
Mel-Girl, I did not know you were a Fruits Basket fan. Glad to have you aboard on the discussion. Now much forgiveness, I have not read the manga like most other fans so you will have to fill me in on Rin and the other characters that show up. But the anime, I'm a big fan and will go crazy with the shippings.

Yuki x Tohru - I know, I know *bricked back to the stone age* I'm actually half this and half the other one. When I first finished the series, I was dead set on Yuki and Tohru hooking up. I mean, it's written all over Yuki's face that he's in love with Tohru. It's very obvious throughout the whole anime series and I thought it was cute in several episodes. Like when Ayame hooked Tohru up in the dress and Yuki's face is just speechless.

Kyo x Tohru - Okay, I'm warming up to this shipping nowadays. Yeah, only because I read a few things in the manga, plus I kept watching the last three episodes of the series over and over on a continuous loop in order for me to actually respect Kyo x Tohru. At first I looked down on them, but then I got to respect it. But whether you like it or not, that scene in the final episode where they're embracing each other is truly romantic.

Ayame x Shigure - YES! OH GOD YES! This makes everything right in the world. And yes Mel, I even support Ayame x Shigure x Hatori with this kind of enthusiasm. I mean, the dirty little jokes they spring up and the way they speak to each other (ooh so nasty).

Kisa x Hiro - Even though I have a little guilty pleasure for Tohru x Kisa, this is rather cute and seems more canon if you see what I mean. I mean Hiro's obviously not so much of a brat when Kisa is there. And he obviously cares about her, so it's rather cute. Plus, this shipping reminds me so much of Tohru x Kyo moments. I mean we all know how Kyo is and you've seen how he is when Tohru is involved. Same with Hiro.

OH and before I forget, I've decided to put up my only shipping AMV on the front post. It is a tribute to Kyo x Tohru.

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
Hey everyone! <3 I'm here to join in on the fun!

Kyo x Tohru - Haven't seen nor read the manga in a while soo...forgive me. xD Well I really liked how Tohru saved Kyo from himself in the last episode of the anime. It was fun seeing them interact.

Hatsuharu x Tohru - ...yeah I never really liked Rin (and she's my zodiac sign DX). I always thought that these two were very cute together. I can see many funny scenarios between these two. I love underated couples~ xD

Momiji x Tohru - So adorable. I just love it to pieces, but KyoTohru and HaruTohru are my favorites. I love how Tohru cheered Momiji up with his family issues. :3

insecure_fool

BashouShipper~!

I'm just going to state my hetero pairings here...don't get me started on the yaoi...x3

Kyo x Kagura - *shot multiple times* Er...please don't hate me for this. XD I love it simply because it's unrequited. That's my favorite type of love. Actually, it's when the "unrequited" becomes "requited". That's awesome. Unrealistic, but awesome.

Yuki x Machi - *nods approvingly* Machi's an alright girl. And she's cute with Yuki. ^^

Kyo x Tohru - I used to obsess over this cuteness. BUT...some things have changed in my life...and I prefer noncanon and fluffy over canon and fluffy. They are still a good ship, I'm just not crazy about it anymore.

Hiro x Kisa - It's adorable, and I was waiting for it to happen. It never did (canonly). :'(

iLOVEcroutons

Grass Type Lover
Kyo x Tohru - Just because it was ADORABLE! They made the cutest couple in my opinion~! :]

Hatsuharu x Kisa - How could you not think it was sooooo cute? I mean c'mon! Their foreheads scream dead in the face; "CUTE!" lol XD

Hatsuharu x Tohru - Just because it rules....*nod nod* XD

Mel-Girl

left. right.
Some activity... Well, I seen a topic like this around so...

What were your favourite moment/s between your favourite pairing/s?

With Kyo and Tohru, I have many. The hugging scene in volume 6 of the manga and the final ep of the anime, everyone knows, it's a definite classic moment. But it's not my favourite, probably because it sticks out too much, I like looking for little gems in the mix.
So cuz this is from the manga and not everyone has read it... Just assume that when I use spoilers, it's manga moments.
I love the scene where Tohru is asking Kyo about the curse and if it's possible to break it. At the time, they're folding paper flowers for decoration for like, the graduation ceremony or something. And Kyo tells her to forget about it and she feels upset for asking and Kyo realises this and he feels so bad. And then he folds up a paper flower and gives it to her, as he wants to be forgiven and he has like, the cutest expression ever, I swear. It's so friggin' adorable, I wanted to take him out of the scene to go off with me. I'm sure Kyo secretly feels the same way. Okay, shut up Mel.
Another moment I like is when Kyo's just had a hard time with Akito being horrible to him and making Kyo say that he doesn't love Tohru at all when it's totally the opposite. And then he feels bad for leaving Tohru by himself and so after he leaves, he starts running to find her and when he finds her, he acts like nothing's wrong and even cracks jokes when Tohru notices bruises and stuff on Kyo's face or something just so she wouldn't worry.
And while it's small, I love the moment when Tohru's just finished up with exams and she goes running up to Kyo with the cutest face ever and I'm like, "OMG TOHRU YOU LITTLE CUTIE HAVE ME NOW" and then I decide that Kyo can have her instead. Lol.
Okay, Kyoru fangasm done.

YukiMachi -
Definitely the part where Machi gives Yuki the fertilizer for his garden and Yuki gives her the Mogenta plushie. And then Machi thanks Yuki for always being so nice to her and being the first person to really notice her and allow her to open up to someone and then Yuki realises that she's always understood him and noticed him for who he is as well and it's all sweet and then they leave hand in hand. Yes. <3

HiroKisa - Just anything with these two together. Seriously, they're adorable as hell and Hiro's so flipping nice to her and when he does anything wrong, he does whatever he can to make it better because he felt so bad about not being for her in the past. And I think Kisa is aware of how he feels, I think she likes him too. <3 They're just the cutest, damn it!

Okay, enough fangasm for now. =D

Netbug009

What were your favourite moment/s between your favourite pairing/s?

For Kyo/Tohru: Volume 22. All of it.

Also, agreed on the moment in volume 6. I think that's when it turned OTP for me. (When did I start shipping that, anyway.)

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
Kyo&Tohru because they are so cute together, admittedly partly because I get refered to as being like Tohru a hell of a lot. Another stupid thing is that I saw the scene where Tohru's in the middle of Kyo and Yuki and all holding hands on a funny computer screen and it completely cut off Yuki so I thought it was just Kyo and Tohru.

Status
Not open for further replies.