• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fruits Basket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirsty_ said:
Ha..What can I say, Fruits Basket is addictive!
I don't read much other manga, I read InuYasha, Pokemon and Love Hina..and Fruit's Basket of course ^_^
See I only realised that Ottakars sells manga a few months back. There's no where else near where I live that really sells manga. Actually..there probably is, but I just haven't noticed..I'm sure I walk around with my eyes closed ^_^'
Fruits basket is addictive! I can't get over it! And I think I'm forgetting some of it, so I have to re-read it!

Yeah! Volume 11 has to be one of my favourites..I got a bit choked up at Kyo and Akito's meeting.
I'm not sure why..but I really hate Akito. Thinking of him makes me really upset!T_T I wish he'd just leave the Sohmas' alone! Espcially leave poor Yuki!
Yes, sad book 11!
Oh, you didn't know? Akito is a girl, female, woman
Yes, I hope Tohru will break the curse so Akito would leave them alone!

I really thought it was great when Yuki kissed Tohru...That jurked a tear T_T
Ohhh, so you're a Yuki/Tohru fan? I'm more of a Kyo/Tohru, Yuki and Tohru would look cute together.
When he kissed her? XDDD
I remember me and my friends got so excited we were all like. "OMG! YUKI KISSED TOHRU!!!!"

Ohh! and Momiji! I really feel sorry for him =( I wish I could give him a greta big cuddle!
..but then he'd turn into a rabbit
...but rabbits are cute ^_^
Aww, I love Momiji! *gives Momiji and hug causing him to turn into a bunny*
And I love his little sister Momo!

Kirsty_

Indecisive||
Uzamaki Hinata said:
Yes, sad book 11!
Oh, you didn't know? Akito is a girl, female, woman
Yes, I hope Tohru will break the curse so Akito would leave them alone!

Akito...is...a...WOMAN!?!
...Am I missing something?
o_O

Ohhh, so you're a Yuki/Tohru fan? I'm more of a Kyo/Tohru, Yuki and Tohru would look cute together.
When he kissed her? XDDD
I remember me and my friends got so excited we were all like. "OMG! YUKI KISSED TOHRU!!!!"

And...I'm not really sure..I'd love to see Tohru with Yuki...but also with Kyo T_T oh no! She needs to be with both of them!
I can't really say which pairing I like best..
Awwh I love both Kyo and Yuki ^_^
...I really like Momiji and Tohru too
But not as much as KyoxTohru/YukixTohru
*chuckles to self* I remember getting excited and all like "OMG! YUKI KISSED TOHRU!!!!" too...it was only yesterday morning after all =P
Ran into my mum's room at 7:30am "Mom!!! Look!!! Yuki kissed Tohru!!!111one omg =D =D =D"

Kirsty_ said:
Akito...is...a...WOMAN!?!
...Am I missing something?
o_O
Yeah, I didn't know it either, but I heard it from some ppl on this forum that he was forced into a man's body so the junnushi(am I spelling that right?) would respect him more.
Believe me, I got surprised too.

And...I'm not really sure..I'd love to see Tohru with Yuki...but also with Kyo T_T oh no! She needs to be with both of them!
I can't really say which pairing I like best..
Awwh I love both Kyo and Yuki ^_^
...I really like Momiji and Tohru too
But not as much as KyoxTohru/YukixTohru
*chuckles to self* I remember getting excited and all like "OMG! YUKI KISSED TOHRU!!!!" too...it was only yesterday morning after all =P
Ran into my mum's room at 7:30am "Mom!!! Look!!! Yuki kissed Tohru!!!111one omg =D =D =D"
I'm a MAJOR Kyo/Tohru fan myself and a Yuki/Machi fan. Although Nabe and Kimi look cute together because they're both wacky!
Momiji is soooooo cute!
You ran into your mom's room for THAT? XDDDDDDDD
It reminds me, you know since we're on the whole topic, I get home from school on the bus and my two friends and I are always trading mangas or volumes. If one of us has the newest volume, they HAVE to share it with the rest of us. Because they're are alot of ppl in school that are into Fruits Basket so one person's copy goes around the whole school before they get it back. XD

Kirsty_

Indecisive||
Uzamaki Hinata said:
Yeah, I didn't know it either, but I heard it from some ppl on this forum that he was forced into a man's body so the junnushi(am I spelling that right?) would respect him more.
Believe me, I got surprised too.

Damn Spoilers! lol...
Wow it's a real shocker...well actually it's not.
I can sorta understand Akito's motives better if she is a she.
I mean, wanting to be surrounded by all those hot guys ;)
(spelt juunishi, so nearly right ^_^)

I'm a MAJOR Kyo/Tohru fan myself and a Yuki/Machi fan. Although Nabe and Kimi look cute together because they're both wacky!
Momiji is soooooo cute!
You ran into your mom's room for THAT? XDDDDDDDD
It reminds me, you know since we're on the whole topic, I get home from school on the bus and my two friends and I are always trading mangas or volumes. If one of us has the newest volume, they HAVE to share it with the rest of us. Because they're are alot of ppl in school that are into Fruits Basket so one person's copy goes around the whole school before they get it back. XD

Yes...well I had no one else but my sister to run too and tell =D
You are so very lucky!
I do envy you!
I wish my school and friends where like that =(
I'm slowly trying to bring some of my friends round to the idea of liking manga and mostly anime...but it's difficult seems as 90% of my shcool have never read a real book before..let alone any manga T_T
I'll be ranting on about IunYasha usually..and no one as any clue what I am talking about...then when I explainthat it's a manga and also an anime I just get strange looks as if to say "Are you from this country?!" T_T
...So I really have no one to discuss Fruits Basket with =(

Last edited:

brainwhiz21

MUST GET CHOCOLATE
I personally love BOTH yuki x tohru AND kyo x tohru they both would be so cute!! but what i think will happen is yuki x tohru because there so alike im really hoping for a kyo x uo ending though they have so much in common and the argueing can be blamed on sexual tension XD jk jk

Kirsty_ said:
Damn Spoilers! lol...
Wow it's a real shocker...well actually it's not.
I can sorta understand Akito's motives better if she is a she.
I mean, wanting to be surrounded by all those hot guys ;)
(spelt juunishi, so nearly right ^_^)
Hot guys!
Akito likes Shigure I think.
I mean, I thought it was weird with the way she acted towards Shigure and Hatori. I was all like "WTF, Akito is gay??"
Thankfully she's not.
Juunishi, ohhhh, just one letter off.

Yes...well I had no one else but my sister to run too and tell =D
You are so very lucky!
I do envy you!
I wish my school and friends where like that =(
I'm slowly trying to bring some of my friends round to the idea of liking manga and mostly anime...but it's difficult seems as 90% of my shcool have never read a real book before..let alone any manga T_T
I'll be ranting on about IunYasha usually..and no one as any clue what I am talking about...then when I explainthat it's a manga and also an anime I just get strange looks as if to say "Are you from this country?!" T_T
...So I really have no one to discuss Fruits Basket with =(
Does your sister read Fruits Basket too? Me and My sister read together.
Thanks, but I go to a private school and it's pretty small, so there are ppl who don't like Fruits Basket.
For example: There's this one girl in my class who is against anime. And someone decided to get her into mangas/anime by reading Marmalade Boy(I don't like that manga) and she hated it so now, she'll never get onto anime.
Inuyasha? lol, yeah get used to the whole "What planet are you from?" question when you try to explain it.
One anime that I know works to get ppl into the anime/manga world is Naruto. It's sooo awesome! And a lot of ppl got into anime that way!
Aww, don't worry, now you have ppl on this forum to talk to! (which at the moment is me XD)

Kirsty_

Indecisive||
Uzamaki Hinata said:
Hot guys!
Akito likes Shigure I think.
I mean, I thought it was weird with the way she acted towards Shigure and Hatori. I was all like "WTF, Akito is gay??"
Thankfully she's not.
Juunishi, ohhhh, just one letter off.

Yeah...I just thought Akito was a regular gay guy ^_^'..obviously no.
I also thought it was a bit weird when she said that Tohru was ugly...
I thought for sure that Akito was gay!
After all, Tohru is quite pretty ^_^

Does your sister read Fruits Basket too? Me and My sister read together.
Thanks, but I go to a private school and it's pretty small, so there are ppl who don't like Fruits Basket.
For example: There's this one girl in my class who is against anime. And someone decided to get her into mangas/anime by reading Marmalade Boy(I don't like that manga) and she hated it so now, she'll never get onto anime.
Inuyasha? lol, yeah get used to the whole "What planet are you from?" question when you try to explain it.
One anime that I know works to get ppl into the anime/manga world is Naruto. It's sooo awesome! And a lot of ppl got into anime that way!
Aww, don't worry, now you have ppl on this forum to talk to! (which at the moment is me XD)

Sadly no.
She's six years old and well..She gets the things I like forced apon her.
She's a good listener...and I try teach her all I know about Anime and Manga, hopeing that some day she will be a Furuba Fan!
She loves Pokemon, Sailor Moon and Mew Mew Power, so I guess that's a start.
But she doesn't like Naruto...too scary for her T_T :p

Kirsty_ said:
Yeah...I just thought Akito was a regular gay guy ^_^'..obviously no.
I also thought it was a bit weird when she said that Tohru was ugly...
I thought for sure that Akito was gay!
After all, Tohru is quite pretty ^_^
Yup, and remember that time when Akito just slapped Tohru in the 12th book? Sooo sad. I wanted to kill Akito!

Sadly no.
She's six years old and well..She gets the things I like forced apon her.
She's a good listener...and I try teach her all I know about Anime and Manga, hopeing that some day she will be a Furuba Fan!
She loves Pokemon, Sailor Moon and Mew Mew Power, so I guess that's a start.
But she doesn't like Naruto...too scary for her T_T :p
6 years old? Aww, I love little kids. My sister is 12, so it's easier to talk to her I guess.
Who doesn't like furuuba? *remembers ppl who are not into anime* Oh, yeah.
Naruto, scary? My 5 year-old brother would be all like "lets watch Naruto!" And then when we do, he gets bored of it in less than a minute. One show that freaks him is "Punk'd" He hates it and never lets us watch it.
I love Pokemon, Mew Mew Power is okay, I've never watched Sailor Moon before but I have a friend who's really into that.

Kirsty_

Indecisive||
Uzamaki Hinata said:
Yup, and remember that time when Akito just slapped Tohru in the 12th book? Sooo sad. I wanted to kill Akito!

:eek: yes! What a meany Akito is!

6 years old? Aww, I love little kids. My sister is 12, so it's easier to talk to her I guess.
Who doesn't like furuuba? *remembers ppl who are not into anime* Oh, yeah.
Naruto, scary? My 5 year-old brother would be all like "lets watch Naruto!" And then when we do, he gets bored of it in less than a minute. One show that freaks him is "Punk'd" He hates it and never lets us watch it.
I love Pokemon, Mew Mew Power is okay, I've never watched Sailor Moon before but I have a friend who's really into that.

Yep =D I really admire my sister, even though shes younger than me.
But she's not really into shonen, she hates InuYasha(T_T) and like I said...is scared of Naruto, she'll definatly be into Shojo when she's older ^_^ and I'm sure she will love and appreciate Fruits Basket and the beauty of it.

The Red Butterfly

rocket queen
@Eternity Absol: XDDD Yeah, you were the person I told. I'm sorry I miss informed you (but hey now you know who Machi really is)

Also Hi Kristy^^ It's nice to see another furuba fan around here. Yes Akito's a chick and her and shigure are in a bit a fight and such XD The oly book that made me really want to cry is book 13 and 10 and I'm guessing 14 will be a real tear-jerker with Rins past (it comes out the 6th of this month I heard)

Book 13 was so sad because of Arisa and Kureno along with Momo and Momiji. Though what really got to me was Yun-Yun's mom, she was soooo rude I couldn't stand it. I nearly actualy yelled with happiness when Ayaa came by. Book ten = Hatori x Mayuko <3 (but the sad stuff was more Kana memories)

Kirsty_

Indecisive||
The Red Butterfly said:
Also Hi Kristy^^ It's nice to see another furuba fan around here. Yes Akito's a chick and her and shigure are in a bit a fight and such XD The oly book that made me really want to cry is book 13 and 10 and I'm guessing 14 will be a real tear-jerker with Rins past (it comes out the 6th of this month I heard)

Book 13 was so sad because of Arisa and Kureno along with Momo and Momiji. Though what really got to me was Yun-Yun's mom, she was soooo rude I couldn't stand it. I nearly actualy yelled with happiness when Ayaa came by. Book ten = Hatori x Mayuko <3 (but the sad stuff was more Kana memories)

Hey =) Thankyou for welcoming me.
Yep there sure has been some real sad moments!
I really do hope Momiji and Momo start to see each other. When I read that chapter (it was this morning) I cried :( and I really hoped those two could just see each other and Momiji could hug his little sister..but thinking about that...just made me cry more...because Momiji would turn into a bunny =(

The Red Butterfly

rocket queen
Oh no problem^^

I know but then Momo could play with bunny version of Momiji^^ but I know those two are the perfect brother and sister pair! At first I didn't even like Momo that much, she seemed too clingy and stuff but then I read volume thirteen and I thought she was adorable and I wanted Momiji to see her.

That reminds me: The moms I hate themost:

5.) Machi's
4.) Yuki's
3.) Akito's
2.) Momiji's
1.) Rin's

All those mommy's sucked >=O

chrisivy

Banned
Oh! I like Kisa Sohma! She is soo cute!

The Red Butterfly

rocket queen
Yeah Kisa is adorable, and she is soo innocent^^ I nearly cried when I read her story.

Kirsty_

Indecisive||
Yes!
Kisa is absolutly the most adorable! and the Tiger which makes her extra special to me ^_^
Speaking of moms, I really like Hiro's. She's one of those protective moms I guess.

The Red Butterfly

rocket queen
Oh yeah, Satsuki is my fave mom out of all of them. She's not overly protective of him at all. I also love this quote:

"Wasn't Satsuki happy when Hiro was born the ram"

"Oh yeah that's right, she screamed I LOVE SHEEP when he was born" XDD I'm glad Hiro has a happy mom^^

Also did anyone else notice that when Yuki's mom left the school after the conference she was wearing slippers oO

Kirsty_

Indecisive||
The Red Butterfly said:
Oh yeah, Satsuki is my fave mom out of all of them. She's not overly protective of him at all. I also love this quote:

"Wasn't Satsuki happy when Hiro was born the ram"

"Oh yeah that's right, she screamed I LOVE SHEEP when he was born" XDD I'm glad Hiro has a happy mom^^

Also did anyone else notice that when Yuki's mom left the school after the conference she was wearing slippers oO

Well..I was refering to what one of the characters said, really can't remember which T_T', but they said about how some mothers of children that are possessed by spirits of the zodiac are protective or they reject their child.
I just think it's so great that he has such a nice mom ^_^
and that quote was just great ^_^ I loved it! *Is born in year of the Ram*
I know my mum wouldn't have said that T_T
Now if I was a rabbit like my sister and Momiji or a cat like Kyo, it would be a different story. My mum would probably rather I be a rabbit/cat lol.

*goes check Yuki's mom for slippers*

The Red Butterfly

rocket queen
I was born year of the sheep too <3 that's why I take a liking to Hiro! My parents would have been shocked, my parents would probably want me as the dag or something XDD My parentals would fear me as either a snake or a rat *cries for Ayaa and Yun-Yun* My parents would never want me as a cat (they hate cats ;; )

My brother is year of the boar XDD

Kirsty_

Indecisive||
The Red Butterfly said:
I was born year of the sheep too <3 that's why I take a liking to Hiro! My parents would have been shocked, my parents would probably want me as the dag or something XDD My parentals would fear me as either a snake or a rat *cries for Ayaa and Yun-Yun* My parents would never want me as a cat (they hate cats ;; )

My brother is year of the boar XDD

^_^ I do too!
...At first I didn't like Hiro and was slightly disappointed that he was the year of the Ram, but then when I learned more about him and his crush on Kisa, I grew to like him more, and he actually is quite like me =)
I wish there was a year of the cat T_T I'd love to be born in that year! Ha ^_^'

I think my little brother is Year of the Sheep! ;o I wonder if he'll be anything like Hiro? I almost hope so, since Hiro is just so funny yet demanding. xP I doubt my parents would want that, though... I'm Year of the Money, but I'm not much like Ritsu, so... yeah. o_o; Crossdressing is funny in mangas, but I wouldn't ever do that unless I absolutely had to! Is there even a specific year for the Cat? I looked it up, but there really isn't any special year or anything. :/
A lot of the Sohma's moms sucked! xD I don't know much about them except for Yuki's, Momiji's, and Kyo's. But Hiro's mom was happy that he was one of the Zodiac? ;o

Status
Not open for further replies.