• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Frustrating Anime Moments

Status
Not open for further replies.

megamuncher

Shotgun Rivalry
What moment in the Anime really frustrated you, made you feel it should have turned out different. For me it was the entire Indigo League in the first season. I mean first we had Gary getting knocked out before he could face Ash. This annoyed me as it was hyped up throughout the season, the big battle, but it never happened. I was also not happy with Ash losing to Richie. I mean, I like Richie, but I never understood why Ash lost to him. Then Richie lost after winning to Ash, when I was younger I thought they could've made Richie go on to become champion and have Ash face him in a later season.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Ash not using totodile in the sinnoh league. :|

Also this might belong in the anime poll section.. dunno though.

- Butterfree getting released.
- Ash using Pikachu in every single Gym Battle in Jotho, it's unfair: other Pokemon should've gotten a fair chance.
- Heracross being sent to Professor Oak quite soon after being captured, without it even getting one Gym Battle...
- Misty's departure in "Gotta Catch Ya Later", that's very painful for a Misty fan. It meant Misty's life goal/dream was ruined by her sisters, and that she lost her main character status. And she had to leave Ash (I'm a PokeShipper).
- The writers stabbing me in my heart by releasing Misty's Togetic.
- The writers not making Misty appear in DP and BW. There were great moments for an appearance (the Misty lure episode in DP, for example), but the writers didn't even do a flashback in which Misty appeared (for example, Ash could've told Dawn about Misty).
- Ash promising Pidgeot to come back for it, but never keeping that promise.
- Tobias beating Ash in DP. Ash losing is fine, but not against someone with only legendaries. Tobias was just a cheap way for the writers to not put effort in a good battle in which Ash could've lost. A tense battle with a strong opponent without legendaries in which Ash lost would've been nicer.

Last edited:

Blessed

-Misty not appearing in Diamond & Pearl. I would have really loved it if she met Dawn! It really pisses me off how there wasn't even a flashback of her so Dawn could receive more insight. She deserves to know that May wasn't the only girl Ash traveled around with! And that she was Ash's first female friend and that they've been through so much together. She deserves to know that. I wanted to see Ash telling Dawn about Misty too.

-Misty not getting the same amount of development that May & Dawn received. She deserves an ending theme song too.

-Ash promising Pidgeot to come back for it, but never did.

-The episode "Gotta Catch ya Later" Misty must leave Ash's side by force. And then we get a boring girl who I don't even care about.

-Togetic's goodbye.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
-Misty not appearing in Diamond & Pearl. I would have really loved it if she met Dawn! It really pisses me off how there wasn't even a flashback of her so Dawn could receive more insight. She deserves to know that May wasn't the only girl Ash traveled around with! And that she was Ash's first female friend and that they've been through so much together. She deserves to know that. I wanted to see Ash telling Dawn about Misty too.

-Misty not getting the same amount of development that May & Dawn received. She deserves an ending theme song too.

-Ash promising Pidgeot to come back for it, but never did.

-The episode "Gotta Catch ya Later" Misty must leave Ash's side by force. And then we get a boring girl who I don't even care about.

-Togetic's goodbye.

Do you ever not whine about Misty all the time? Also your subtle bashing is laughable.

I do agree however they could have given Misty a few more moments of glory before she disappeared for the rest of the series.

matt0044

Considering how the Sinnoh Grand Festival was the last form of contests, it would've been nice if Dawn were to win (in a well written way, mind you) but of course, in Pokemon, nobody labeled the Main Character is allowed to win for BS reasons I can never fathom.

If they wanted a protagonist who was a real rookie in BW, they could've replaced Ash rather than messing with his character development. Sure it'd be like Ash 2.0 but I'll gladly take it over a ruined character.

The fact that certain Pokemon like Oshawott or Piplup don't evolve simply because of merchandising. I mean, the plush dolls won't go away even they evolve and who knows? Maybe Dewott could serve as an interesting character. But why risk it, right?

matt0044

Trip also was unneeded after Paul.

That's another thing. After Gary, Ash gets a lot of Anime-only main rivals and secondary rivals from the games. In Trip's case, Cheren could've been used and none would've been the wiser.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Tracey replacing Brock. Tracey wasn't a bad character, but it's hard when a character is replaced.

PokeMaster366

Personally, I'm upset that they didn't use that Cilan episode that came before the Ferroseed Research Center episode to introduce an S-Class Connoisseur and show off what they're really like so that we could see Cilan get some decent development instead of just another episode where Cilan pwns baby Pokemon with Zeustle. I still want to see what B-Class and S-Class connoisseurs are like.

Blessed

Do you ever not whine about Misty all the time?

This thread is for whining though. So I have the right to say what I please. Just because I bring up Misty & you don't like her at all. Even the thought of mentioning her bothers you is not my problem.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
That's another thing. After Gary, Ash gets a lot of Anime-only main rivals and secondary rivals from the games. In Trip's case, Cheren could've been used and none would've been the wiser.

Cheren wasn't used because of the no aging role.

I'd complain about a good chunk of the Johto saga but it's like beating a dead horse at this point so I won't. I'm just glad the writers acknowledged its flaws and we moved on to greener pastures since then.

vodor

Banned
Let see ,

-All Ash's good Pokemon leaving Ash such as Butterfree , Charizard , Primape etc.

-Ash getting Petty Badge's .

-Ash losing to the female cast's rival

-Ash getting whip out by a rookie 3 time in row after all he been though .

-Undeserving Character getting Special treatment.

-Ash losing every single Long Term Individual Tournament.

-Ash winning his battle by Luck , Accident and special advantage like Roxie's case.

-Misty winning her battle by luck or accident.

-Ash being treated as a Punching Bag

-When writer Overdo with a character development like Turning Trip into another Paul or Giving Iris a overpower dragonite

- When Misty & Brock leave the Cast.

LizardonX

Banned
Mamoswine's treatment. You'd think if the writers want to make it charizard 2.0 they'd at least give it more than one brute force win under its belt.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Misty not getting enough battles. It's almost hard to believe that we only saw her compete in 1-2 major tournaments in her entire run.

pokemon fan 132

Let see:
-Ash releasing Pidgeot, after he just evolved.
-Brock leaving for Orange Islands(he was fresh, still new and left way too early),
-drop of GS ball, pretending like it never existed,
-Misty leaving main cast(among biggest mistakes, replacing one of most complex and endearing characters leaving all that potential unused),
-fiasco of Team Magma and Aqua finale with all build up leaving to one huge disappointment,
-May and Max departure barely containing any emotion not leaving emotional impact among viewers,
-May losing to Dawn in finals of Wallace Cup,
-Ambipom being released in one of most unbelievable ways, leaving out impression of last minute decision,
-Jessie losing so easily in Sinnoh GF

Ash not winning a League. He should have won one of the Leagues and lost to an Elite 4 member thus deciding to go to the next region and train harder.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
A lot of good points here. I think having Misty leave at all was frustrating. Ash not winning a League has been frustrating. Team Rocket's numerous attempts at trying to take Pikachu away from Ash have also been out of hand for some time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.