• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Frustrating Anime Moments

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
A lot of good points here. I think having Misty leave at all was frustrating. Ash not winning a League has been frustrating. Team Rocket's numerous attempts at trying to take Pikachu away from Ash have also been out of hand for some time now.

Ash not winning a league is the only valid complaint overall. The others are about the structure of the show.

Speaking of TR failing to capture Pikachu many times, would any of you find it interesting if they had an episode where TR did catch one of Ash's Pokemon? Maybe Ash catches a Pokemon, bonds with it for 3 episodes and then TR steals it and it's gone from Ash for good. This might be too dark but I think the idea could have really worked if done right. It could have gave Ash good character development and maybe at the end of the series, Ash would have to battle that Pokemon who is now loyal to Giovanni.

LizardonX

Banned
Speaking of TR failing to capture Pikachu many times, would any of you find it interesting if they had an episode where TR did catch one of Ash's Pokemon? Maybe Ash catches a Pokemon, bonds with it for 3 episodes and then TR steals it and it's gone from Ash for good. This might be too dark but I think the idea could have really worked if done right. It could have gave Ash good character development and maybe at the end of the series, Ash would have to battle that Pokemon who is now loyal to Giovanni.

This should have happened in BW >__> Meowth's plan would have worked if not for those meddling kids and their DEM axew.

pokemon fan 132

Ash not winning a league is the only valid complaint overall. The others are about the structure of the show.

Majority of complaints in here are valid if you ask me. If people didn't liked changes which happened in show or direction through which writers took characters or story, as long they can provide reason behind it their disappointment is justified.

Groundedshock

Effective on ground
Ambipom's release. JUST when I started liking it.
Gliscor's release. Lost twice to a Scizor......and it had to stay for "training". We do not even know WHERE the poor thing is.

Boldore being knocked by a SPEED TROLL KOFFING's GYRO BALL. RLY? PATHETIC WAY TO DIMINISH BOLDORE's AWESOMENESS.

Pignite vs Serperior then Serperior vs Boufflant. PLOT ARMOR sux.

Togekiss knocking back Gible's stray draco meteor from Piplup BACK AT GIBLE. One of the main reasons I hate it. :mad:

Torterra's battles not against Team Rocket.

Charizard vs Blaziken.

Misty's departure. OF COURSE we never know her reaction to Surskuit......and that was pretty sad goodbye.

Ash releasing Haunter without capturing it.

Tobias vs Ash. HORRIBLE way to get Ash eliminate....and he never used his best Pokemon there!

matt0044

It'd work if it had a payoff and maybe a happy ending with the experience actually getting Ash to grow even a little.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

I agree but I don't think this is the league I want him to win. BW all together is just ugh when it comes to battle plots. If the battles suck in this league and he wins, I'll be happy but I would feel that something is missing.

matt0044

I agree but I don't think this is the league I want him to win. BW all together is just ugh when it comes to battle plots. If the battles suck in this league and he wins, I'll be happy but I would feel that something is missing.

Yeah, Sinnoh would've been a better point for him to at least face Cynthia (AT LEAST) but we all know how that played out, don't we?

SolidWolverine

I find it a bit frustrating when Ash always gives his pokemon to oak at the start of every new region(for the most part). I know he might be a bit over-powered if he kept them all, and I also know the point is for him to have a fresh start; but it wouldn't hurt to give the new regions a taste of kanto/johto/etc. like heracross/muk/snorlax etc. They come back and make an appearance every now and then, but I would like to see at least one of them(besides pikachu of course) remain constant. I think that would be pretty cool.

cg19293

Oh boy, how long have you got?

Pidgeotto getting shafted in the kanto gyms, particularly vs Erika

Ash's release of Pidgeot - I know he didn't need a flying type in the OL but he should have kept (and Oak'd) it and maybe used it vs Drake

Ash's release of Primeape - He should've been allowed to call upon it when needed, like Charizard.

Lack of development for the johto starters (the fact that only one evolved really annoyed me) coupled with these underdeveloped pokemon not even being given a chance to shine at the Hoenn league.

Ash not winning the sinnoh league

Gible not evolving and/or being taken to unova

(my list would be longer but you guys covered most of the main points :p)

Last edited:

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...

There are only 2 things you can do with a tournament plot:
1) The main character wins, the audience experiences elation, etc. Unfortunately, this can be predictable; we usually expect the main character to win, so this ending may have less emotional impact.
2) The main character looses, the audiences is sad, but that's not always bad. This end isn't expected, so it seems fresh, and can create a greater emotional impact. It worked for Rocky, it worked for the first league, but they've done it too much. It's no longer fresh, it's just another disappointment.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
By now, my only problem it's Ash being a completly boring and unidimensional character. He haven't notable quirks as his other companions, almost no brainer (mainly outside battles) and his constant "YAY" character. It became boring since he never retains his knowledge and can't do amazing stuff not related to pokemon (yeah, Pokemon is his life, but, some other abilities would be cool).

WhyHelloThere

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?582929-Disappointment-s-from-the-Anime <- There's already a thread for whining in the poll section.

But just for the sake of adding to my post count, here's my list.

-Ash still being the main character, he should have become a pokemon master a while ago
-Ash releasing his pokemon for little to no reason
-Brock staying way too long and becoming dull
-A certain Dragon Buster being introduced. >_<

Also your subtle bashing is laughable.

You bash Trip all the time and it's never subtle.

The "no bashing" rule is stupid anyway.

Blazicken

Sex on fire
- Ash leaving potential powerhouses with so much potential at oak's lab. (gible)
- Pikachu with its reset, it is just rediculous.
- Brock changing his goal and never getting with a girl in the end, like lucy, that'd have been nice.
- Misty has pretty much been forgotten aparently
- team rocket-trio as a whole got frustrating at some point, but i'm glad that changed
- dropping the whole GS-ball & celibi-story and pretending it didn't exist.
- Not evolving some pokemon becasue of some shitty marketing-purposes as if they don't make a ****-load of money allready just angers me.

Goner

Kiss my sweet butty!
Most frustrating moment? Actually many, but for example in the current B/W saga I mostly dislike the attitude the writters gave to Iris. What I mean is that they make her as an annoying person who cares more for her Pokemon than his friends. Also, I think they give her too much protagonism, even if in this way they planning on let know that girls can become Pokemon masters too, but if so they should have started the saga with her & not with Ash as a protagonist. By the same I think Ash has gotten weaker & most likely he gonna lose the Pokemon League again. And something is probable, that Iris might become the champion in a way to follow the video game.

matt0044

By now, my only problem it's Ash being a completly boring and unidimensional character. He haven't notable quirks as his other companions, almost no brainer (mainly outside battles) and his constant "YAY" character. It became boring since he never retains his knowledge and can't do amazing stuff not related to pokemon (yeah, Pokemon is his life, but, some other abilities would be cool).

Oh god, YES! That's what I've been meaning to say yet could never find the words for.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
The transition to BW and resetting Ash is really my only issue

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I'm irked when game characters and plots aren't included. We've lost Silver, Wally, Cheren, N... all of which would have added to their respective sagas.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
- Dawn :( and Invincible Zoey
- Iris being annoying . And getting Dragonite suddenly. She should've trained it from a tender little Dratini, like a REAL dragon master
- The huge bin: May, Misty, Tracey, Brock and Dawn. I can't wait for Iris to drop into the bin. I want Cilan to stay.
- Cilan's Stunkfish. Man it was a 'joke' that lost so many times ._.
- Ash getting stupid in Unova. In Sinnoh, he was great with the counter-shield against Fantina strategy. And for Elesa's gym, his strategy was "kill all with Palpitoad. Grab a random pokemon if he dies. Oh you need to bond, ok go overused pikachu"
- Overused Pikachu, nuff said.
- Ash's reserve not getting screentime: Leavanny, Boldore, Palpitoad
- Bad writing in Unova. 0% Strategy / Last minute strategy. Lenora's was okay, but like I said, Elesa's suck.

Most of it is directed to the BW. I feel that Pokemon's quality really dropped in BW. And before anyone starts telling me I'm a DP Stan. Yes, I am, so sue me. It's just how stupid Ash is in Unova BW compared to Sinnoh DP. -,-

Status
Not open for further replies.