• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Frustrating Anime Moments

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be fine if it was only just that. I've put up with it in Yu Gi Oh. It's the rest of the dialogue (TPCi dub that's too accurately translated for it's own good) that tends to be very, very inane that gives the impression that the script writers couldn't give less of a crap. That coupled with the characterizations can make for pretty boring exchanges and interactions (not all the time but a lot of times).

Yup, that's exactly how I feel.

Ash being a little ***** and never evolving his pokemon or being a good pokemon trainer in general. Who the F*** is still using Dig as an attack move in generation 6? Goddamn..

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Completely dropping the Unova rivals after there could have been so much more done with them.

Yeah that's how I feel about them, unfortunately. They could have done so much more with some rivals.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Completely dropping the Unova rivals after there could have been so much more done with them.

This.

Ash being a little ***** and never evolving his pokemon or being a good pokemon trainer in general. Who the F*** is still using Dig as an attack move in generation 6? Goddamn..

Huh? Is this really a fustration moment or just a plain complaint?

Ash had evolved alot of his pokemon this season. Just because three of them didn't doesn't mean Ash needs to be thrown under the bus. And the same goes in Sinnoh too where his team was a super powerhouse.

Sprinter1988

Oshawott. I don't want to hate him, it's just that every time he shows his stupid face I want Palpitoad to appear and use Hydro Pump to blast him out off our screens and out of the series once and for all so that a decent water type can take the stage and get some much needed attention. In fact, I am more annoyed by Palpitoad's lack of screen time than I am by Oshawott.

Every time a pokemon is shown to use Flamethrower. Just once I'd like to see a main/reocurring/rival character use a fire type that either never gets this move or upgrades from it. I really thought Tepig was going to dodge it. I held out so much hope that just for once the move would be bypassed. But no, it goes and learns it. Then Dragonite turns up (inexplicably) and it knows a fire type move, which once again is Flamethrower. Then Charizard comes back and it managed to drop Seismic Toss, Steel Wing and Dragonbreath for Slash, Wing Attack and Dragon Tail, and yet it still clings desperately to Flamethrower rather than go on to Fire Blast, Heat Wave or Blast Burn (which, by the way, still has not made an appearance in the anime!) Just once could one fire type learn Inferno, Flame Burst or Incinerate? I really enjoy it when Ash's Torkoal throws out Heat Wave, or his Quilava uses Flame Wheel or Eruption, or Infernape uses Flare Blitz or Pignite used Flame Charge or Fire Pledge. I like seeing those different moves thrown out. Why must they all be lumbered with Flamethrower? I think Gary's Arcanine was the only repeatedly appearing pokemon ever to spit out a fire move in the anime that didn't ever learn Flamethrower.

Similarly Aerial Ace. The only thing I ever liked about Ash's Pidove/Tranquill was that it used Air Cutter, and I really hoped that its evolution into Unfezant would help it stand out well from Swellow and Staraptor. I was looking forward to seeing Razor Wind, Sky Attack, maybe Detect just to make it different. Then it got Aerial Ace, and my love for the franchise died a little. Three birds, three generations, four moves each, two moves are exactly the same for each of them. It was cool when Quilava did it. The animation was a bit strange looking on Krookodile, but it was actually a clever strategy on Ash's part (so long as you gloss over the fact that Krookodile had to forget Crunch in order to learn it.) When Unfezant did it I heaved a weary sigh and wondered what the next bird would learn. Remember how cool Noctowl seemed to be when it turned up to battle in the Sinnoh league? That, in part, was due to it not using Aerial Ace and we all forgot that such a thing was possible for a bird in the anime!

I mean, come on guys, at least the grass and water types switch it up a bit!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.