1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Frustrating Anime Moments

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by megamuncher, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisharp

Bisharp Well-Known Member

Brandon leaving the Regis and not catching Regigigas.

: (

2. Dreamy

Dreamy Well-Known Member

For the most part...all of it.

3. Demonsead

Demonsead Hoenn Challenger

-Ash never winning the league.
    -Ash and Pikachu's resets(Which get more unbelievable each time).
    -Iris and her Pokemon.
    -Trip's existence.

4. vodor

vodor Banned

Ash being inferior to Any trainer who is arrogant , Same aged as Ash and appear in the first episode of the series.
    Even if they are complete rookie's !!!!

5. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

The 4th gym in Unova :(....

6. Satoshi101

Satoshi101 Active Member

Jackpot! I can name many that I don't like:

* Aipom/Buizel trade : I wanted Ash to have Buizel, but I didn't want Ash to lose Aipom.
    * Ash being so darn stupid at times (like in BW), though I'm not saying I like Iris' stupid "You're such a kid!" catchphrase
    * Ash's Pikachu losing to a MEOWTH!
    * Ash unable to defeat Jessie's lame Woobat
    * Ash abandoning Primeape, even though Primeape clearly didn't want to go
    * Stephan unfairly defeating Ash in the Bell of Wishes Festival
    * The Petalburg City townspeople booing Ash and calling him a brat in "A Double Dilemma!"
    * When Misty made Ash get rid of Charizard because Charizard made him unbeatable
    * Dawn and Iris becoming BFF's and teasing Ash

I'm sure there are plenty more than this, but this is a forum, not an essay.

7. pacman000

pacman000 Well-Known Member

Ash trading Butterfree to that Rhet Butler wannabe on the S.S. Anne.

Butterfree leaving.

8. Pierce571

Pierce571 Well-Known Member

Besides the TR vs TP two parter being postponed and everything related to it?

Misty releasing Togetic (I think those 2 episodes were just bad in general)
    The death of Hunter J (She definitely should have had another exit. 2 future sight attacks from Uxie and Mesprit destroying her airship and killing her and her whole crew? Get the hell outta here man)
    Ash losing to Tobias (The DP saga would have been perfect for Ash to win the league and participate in the champion's league)

9. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

Same here. That scene just seemed so... strange. J deserved a better exit as a villain.

10. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Would having her ship blown up by a roar of time/spacial rend been better?

11. Pinsirius

Pinsirius Sentimental Fool ;)

- Pidgeot and Primeape being forgotten.

- The Battle Frontier arc taking virtually no advantage of the fact that it was in kanto. Amazing but underwhelming return of the 3 starters for the subliminal Fire Red/ Leaf Green plug, but then it fails at that too, because, you know, IT TAKES NO ADVANTAGE OF THE FACT THAT IT'S IN KANTO. Kind of ties in with the above.

- Ash's Torterra being useless once it evolves. Just HOW many times did it Rock Climb, then get thrown down 20 feet and faint because it just got thrown down 20 frakking feet?

- The fact that league battles are half action, half one-shot KO's that don't make sense because you can almost never allocate more than two episodes to them. Even Ash versus Paul had what were basically one-shots (TORTERAAAAAAAA).

- Ash's not catching a Spoink. That episode really implied it, and I think a Grumpig would have the right aesthetic and attitude to fit the crew.

12. MattySadler

MattySadler Well-Known Member

I don't mind so much about Ash and Pikachu losing at the beginning in new regions. As people say, the anime is basically to advertise and boost game sales, so its not really built for the 'longevity' viewers. Presumably they assume a new generation of Pokéfans come with each new generation of Pokémon.

I remember, at the time, being really annoyed at Pokémon leaving. Butterfree had been there since the start, Primeape was hilarious, hard not to love Squirtle and Charizard, Pidgeot looked aweomse, Lapras grew on me, etc. Looking back now, I realise Butterfree had achieved its dream of becoming a Butterfree and with new Pokémon coming in, didn't really have much purpose. Primeape had gone from hating Ash to loving Ash quickly and was very powerful, etc... Long story short, in hindsight I can appreciate Pokémon leaving (its a bit more interesting than them just residing with Perve. Oak.

The anime frustrates me because of how tame it is and how lame Team Rocket became. Also the changes in voice actors, jesus christ they sound awful.

13. rohit_1997

rohit_1997 Wait,what!?

My regular disappointments follow.
    -> A few,but valuable older Pokemon being forgotten.
    -> The endless boring cycle.
    -> The separation of the original trio.
    -> Ash turning stupid,at the beginning of each season.
    -> The whole of the BW series.
    -> Pikachu reverting back to its former self at the beginning of each season.
    -> Misty and Brock being replaced.
    -> Aipom being written out.
    -> The older characters lacking cameos.
    -> Etc.

Those,are basically things which I can change nothing about.And yeah,that's exactly what makes them frustrating for me.

14. matt0044

Then why not replace Ash after Kanto? After all, it'll be clear to newcomers that Ash has been to other regions as a Trainer (mostly in Hoenn and Sinnoh) so why not have new protagonists each region so they don't have to stretch out Ash's character arc for asinine reasons? Sure, there's a possibility that the new guys/girls would be repeats of Ash but at least they'd have a better excuse. I'd consider that the much lesser of two evils IMO.

15. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Or they could let ash keep his intellignece and power like a certain purple haired Gary stu. But that's a topic for another day

16. Ash using a type disadvantage against EVERY gym leader. At this point, if a pokemon has a disadvantage, I know it's going to win.

17. matt0044

Ash being the Main character for every gen. It'd explain it but I think this'll hit the nail on the head better:

18. Mightyena97

Mightyena97 Hoenn Champion

Ash: "Hey, Stefan!"
    Stefan: "When will anybody get my name right?"

Also, how ash turned down the position to be a frontier brain even though he is always confident that he would become a pokémon master!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  19. Airi-Chan

Airi-Chan Falling Roses

Cilan defeated Trip

20. fitzy909

fitzy909 Just another guy

I hate how ash never wins the league and never will, because he is reset every generation!!! Also the fact that being at a disadvantage doesn't matter, nor does the effectiveness of moves. (pikachu vs. Onix anyone). I also hate how ash's old pokemon have been forgotten. (i'm looking at you Kingler.) He caught them for a reason, i'd love to see them back in action!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.