• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Frustrating Bullcrap In Pokemon

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
The Safari Zone ticks me off.

"phoopes throws Bait at the wild Riolu! (shiny)"
"The wild Shinx ran away!"

I just gave you food god dammit! Why would you run away! It was shiny too, which really made me lose it.

haha, that would make me ragequit it. That's one of those things I'm really afraid of happening.

But probably you saying Shinx was a mistake.

PsychicPsycho

And they use a move with a 10% chance of causing a status effect, and hit it... and when you heal, hit it again. Or use a move like Blizzard in a Double Battle that hits both your Pokemon... and freezes BOTH of them. WHAT. THE. HELL.
All three of my pokemon got frozen during a battle from 3 separate Ice Beam attacks. I still nearly pulled off the win, which makes it even more frustrating. It's not like I got outclassed, just unlucky.

TheAceGlaceon

Statu variabilis
All three of my pokemon got frozen during a battle from 3 separate Ice Beam attacks. I still nearly pulled off the win, which makes it even more frustrating. It's not like I got outclassed, just unlucky.

haha that sucks. Frustrating bullcrap for me is when I'm playing Leafgreen on my DS I always press 'run' instead of 'pokémon' and 'pokémon' instead of 'run'.
Anyone with the same problem??

andregon

The thing that annoys me the most is living in a place where nintendo events never reach.
I have NO chance of getting any event pokemon ever.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
The thing that annoys me the most is living in a place where nintendo events never reach.

Wow, that sucks. I feel your pain but I don't mind not having any event Pokemon with me. I just stay away from news involving Nintendo events.

But honestly IMO, going to the US for this reason ain't worth it anyway. But again IMO just because they're rich doesn't mean that they should have it all for themselves.

arbiter7x

Brock Obama

same here. I'm not THAT bothered by the lack of events, but just wish that they could have a few ONLINE events instead of using physical wifi terminals all the time for downloads

andregon

Even if nintendo events were a reality in my country, I would have to travel 300km (180 miles) just to get to a Toys'r'us shop.
In other words, I'm screwed.

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
At the beginning, you can't go near tall grass without Pokémon, when the wild Pokémon are of no danger to you if you just run. Am I missing something here?

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
*Pignite knocks out Herdier*
Alright! Good job!
*Gym Leader Lenora sent out Watchog!*
Me: This sill be ea-
*Watchog used Retaliate! Pignite fainted!*
*Black sent out Throh!*
*Watchog used Retaliate! Throh fainted!*
*You lose!*
MOTHER F***ING GYM LEADER!

Phoopes

There it is.
To everyone: Yes it was a shiny Riolu. I made the mistake of saying Shinx the second time. XD

That was probably the most frustrating moment of my game-playing career, for Pokemon at least.

TheEpicGoomba

Juans Double Teaming Kingdra comes to mind. The amount of times he spams it is so annoying. Also how the amount of side effects that happen when the opponents attacks is pretty unfair. And how in the older games you couldn't run indoors.

Victory

Banned
Clair's Kingdra with it using smokescreen =, hydro pump, and hyper beam...and the rest of her team, too.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Ghetsis's Hydreigon. It's easy if you have a Fighting/Bug/Ice type, but if you don't he can even murder your legendary dragon.