• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fullmetal Alchemist [and Brotherhood]

TechYes

Pokemon Connoisseur
My all-time favorite anime series. One of the few I actually got in to.

The original series was amazing, and brotherhood is also amazing. It's hard to decide which I like better, but the storyline and use of homunculus in Brotherhood was pretty cool, and the ends are very different, as well.

Then of course you have to consider with the original series whether you ended on episode 51 or with the movie. I, personally, loved the movie! But the series was better halted at ep 51 with the brothers separated, leaving a lot to the imagination.

The conclusion of brotherhood, I think, was very intriguing. But the fact that Wrath and Pride were switched, and Izumi's son is now God kind of tripped me out at first. And changing that whole aspect of the story really makes the two very unique from each-other as far as the story being told.

Still, I'm a huge fan of both series. What do you guys think? Any fans out there?

Discuss.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I haven't seen Brotherhood. Just the first series, and the Conqueror of Shamballa movie. Have the anime on my computer and the movie on DVD. I've heard that Brotherhood is different, I just haven't been inclined (or just too lazy) to go looking. And I'm not sure I have enough room left on my external drive.

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
I haven't seen Brotherhood. Just the first series, and the Conqueror of Shamballa movie. Have the anime on my computer and the movie on DVD. I've heard that Brotherhood is different, I just haven't been inclined (or just too lazy) to go looking. And I'm not sure I have enough room left on my external drive.

Brotherhood follows the manga. i loved brotherhood alot i need to rewatch it one day

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Brotherhood is by far my favourite foreign cartoon. Though is there really anything left to discuss about it that hasn't already been said?

BlueDragonfangirl

I loved this series, BrotherHood to me was better. The first series was good too but BrotherHood had much better animation and like some said followed the manga and had impressive music, my favorite character in both series was Ed and Roy. The fights were awesome too, now your making me want to watch it againXD

Owlbituary

Shiny Addict
I much preferred Brotherhood, as well. I recently rewatched it, actually. I thought the story flowed much better, and the animation quality was far better. Not to mention, there are a few aesthetic changes that occur to a couple of our protagonists as the series progresses, which I found completely interesting.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I much preferred Brotherhood, as well. I recently rewatched it, actually. I thought the story flowed much better, and the animation quality was far better. Not to mention, there are a few aesthetic changes that occur to a couple of our protagonists as the series progresses, which I found completely interesting.
Happens in the comic as well if you pay attention. I already have the entire series on DVD, should I buy the blu-rays?

GoshinX03

Pride & Power
I love FMAB! I just recently got my wife into it, which took me FOREVER because she's such a die-hard Naruto fan; not that there's anything wrong with that of course lol. I love the animation for it and how deep the story gets. I've already downloaded the entire series to my external, but I'm still considering about purchasing the actual DVD box set.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I'll have to get off my lazy tail and go look for a torrent, then. It sounds interesting.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Argh! No spoilers! Im watching the original and reading the manga now. Gunna watch Brotherhood after. Is FMAB good? I assume so from the comments above LOL. It's so interesting and unlike other anime. Well, I GTG right now.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Watched both, and...

I loved both. The ending in the original affected me more, though. The ending in Brotherhood almost made me cry, but the original made me cry.