• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FullMetal Alchemist ---> Character Face-Off, 03 vs Brotherhood; Winner: Team Brotherhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Vato Falman: 12/12+

Sloth: 7/12

Game, set and match.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So...Falman truimphs over the laziest Homunculus!

Next matchup is from Group A:

Envy: 0/12

Heinkel: 0/12

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Envy: 1/12 +

Now, I detest Envy, but I realise its not because he's an awful character unlike 03 Wrath, but rather because he's such a sadistic little bastard that makes him so hateable, that I love to hate him (which is a sign that they got his actions and personality spot on). Besides, he was one of the key players of the story as well.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Exactly! :) The whole point of Envy's character was that he was meant to be hated and loathed, that was narratively how his character and his antagonistic part in the story was meant to be. He was one of the characters who had the most impact plot/event wise to the show, albeit in an antagonistic way. From a narrative perspective what Envy's role was meant to be in the show, he fulfilled that role really well, which makes him a well-written character. And after all the antagonistic and sinful acts Envy did throughout the show, he paid the just price for it, was brutalized mercilessly by Mustang, and before dying, he realized the cold and hard truth: he loathed and hated human beings so much because he was jealous of the several things human beings had, which he, a homunculus, didn't, which made his death all the more satisfying.

Heinkel is also undoubtedly the most memorable and impactful character among the chimeras....possibly the only character among the chimeras who is actually quite memorable for the moments he had.

So this would be a hard choice, but I'm narrowly giving it to Envy.

Envy: 2/12+

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Envy: 2/12
Heinkel: 1/12 +

I just want Envy's face rubbed in to a human beating him.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Envy: 3/12 +
Heinkel: 2/12

I also hate Envy as well but it’s more like I love to hate him because his character is supposed to be very dickish if you know what I mean. Plus, Envy death scene was actually very emotional for me. He spent the entire series looking down on humans and then he takes his own life after Ed realized that he’s jealous of humans.

TheWanderingMist

Envy: 3/12 +

I also hate Envy as well but it’s more like I love to hate him because his character is supposed to be very dickish if you know what I mean. Plus, Envy death scene was actually very emotional for me. He spent the entire series looking down on humans and then he takes his own life after Ed realized that he’s jealous of humans.
He killed Hughes. He deserved far worse than what he got.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
He killed Hughes. He deserved far worse than what he got.
I'm curious. How do you think that he deserved far worse than he got? He was brutalized mercilessly by Mustang like an ant, and died after coming to the realization that human beings, whom he used to loathe and hate so much, were actually the ones he were jealous of, which left his self-esteem and pride shattered during his dying moment.

Envy: 1/12 +

Now, I detest Envy, but I realise its not because he's an awful character unlike 03 Wrath, but rather because he's such a sadistic little bastard that makes him so hateable, that I love to hate him (which is a sign that they got his actions and personality spot on). Besides, he was one of the key players of the story as well.

You take that back :mad:

Envy: 4/12 +

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Envy: 5/12 +

I havn’t even seen Wrath yet in 03 and I’m a little curious by seeing how hated he seems to be.

Also, @TheWanderingMist how exactly did Envy deserve worse when he was pretty much brutually incinerated by Mustang and in his dying moments, he ripped out his Philosopher’s Stone after he realized that he was jealous of human brings, the ones he spent the entire series hating, which left him shattered into a million pieces. I definitely couldn’t think of a better way for Envy to die.

TheWanderingMist

I'm curious. How do you think that he deserved far worse than he got? He was brutalized mercilessly by Mustang like an ant, and died after coming to the realization that human beings, whom he used to loathe and hate so much, were actually the ones he were jealous of, which left his self-esteem and pride shattered during his dying moment.
Honestly, nothing is enough. There is no enough. An extensive lifetime of horrible atrocities vs. a few minutes of intense pain and a few weeks of capture and then taking the coward's way out

Envy: 5/12 +

I havn’t even seen Wrath yet in 03 and I’m a little curious by seeing how hated he seems to be.

Also, @TheWanderingMist how exactly did Envy deserve worse when he was pretty much brutually incinerated by Mustang and in his dying moments, he ripped out his Philosopher’s Stone after he realized that he was jealous of human brings, the ones he spent the entire series hating, which left him shattered into a million pieces. I definitely couldn’t think of a better way for Envy to die.

DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU 03 WRATH IS BAD.

He embodied the sin perfectly, had an amazing character arc, and a satisfying conclusion.

Just cause he was a little annoying doesn't change that :mad:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Envy: 6/12 +

TheWanderingMist

Envy: 6/12
Heinkel: 3/12 +

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU 03 WRATH IS BAD.

He embodied the sin perfectly, had an amazing character arc, and a satisfying conclusion.

Just cause he was a little annoying doesn't change that :mad:
What amazing character arc??? He was nothing more than a annoying whiny baby. How does an annoying whiny baby perfectly embody the sin Wrath? The whole thing where Wrath whined and cried about Sloth being his 'Mommy' was total BS and didn't make any sense logically (also don't tell me that he wanted a mother figure because that doesn't mean he is supposed to consider anyone random as his 'Mommy'). Is that supposed to an amazing character arc?

Worst Homunculus ever character wise.

Envy: 9/12+

Heinkel: 3/12

Status
Not open for further replies.