• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
I think it's safe to say the original thread is dead in the water and the dub cast has been announced so I'm restarting this thread in the vain hopes of keeping it alive.

The dub cast has mainly stayed the same; Vic is still playing Edward, Travis is still Mustang, Caitlin remains as Winry, etc., but there have been two cast changes. First, Alphonse himself. Aaron Dismuke has finally hit puberty so he can no longer replicate Al's voice; instead, the role of Al has been recast to Maxey Whitehead, whose previous experience includes Antonio in Romeo x Juliet and Czeslaw Mayer in Baccano!. Aaron will also be cast as a "big role" later on in Brotherhood; no names have been mentioned, but I'm betting it's either Lin Yao or Truth.

Scar's also been recast; taking over for Dameon Clarke is J. Michael Tatum. Other than that, the cast list has remained the same. Below is the cast list so far:

Maxey Whitehead as Alphonse Elric

Vic Mignogna as Edward Elric

J. Michael Tatum as Scar

Travis Willingham as Roy Mustang

Andy Mullins as Cornello (Ep. 3)

Barry Yandell as Yoki

Bob Carter as Sig Curtis

Brina Palencia as Nina Tucker

Bryan Massey as Isaac MacDougal (Ep. 1)

Caitlin Glass as Winry Rockbell

Chris Cason as Gluttony

Chris Patton as Greed

Christopher R. Sabat as Alex Louis Armstrong

Chuck Huber as Shou Tucker

Colleen Clinkenbeard as Riza Hawkeye and Rose Thomas

Cynthia Cranz as Paninya

Ed Blaylock as Fuhrer Bradley

Eric Vale as Zolf Kimblee

Gwendolyn Lau as Sciezka

Juli Erickson as Pinako Rockbell

Laura Bailey as Lust

Lydia Mackay as Trisha Elric

Meredith McCoy as Maria Ross

Mike McFarland as Jean Havoc

R Bruce Elliott as Basque Grand

Sonny Strait as Maes Hughes

Tiffany Grant as Martel

How I knew this.

Mimori Kiryu

Honestly, as much as I want to see and hear the dub, I really do not want [adult swim] to air it. I mean, AS doesn't seem to think that anime brings any ratings at all and they treat the anime they do have poorly (by that, I mean little or no advertisement and a late timeslot).

However, on the topic of the cast, everything looks set and ready to go but there's one thing I'm apprehensive about and that's J. Michael Tatum as Scar. It's not that I don't like J. Michael and Scar is one of my favorite characters, but together....meh, I just don't hear it in my head. His voice is more smooth and suave than I would think Scar would sound. Though, he is a great voice actor and I'm pretty sure he can handle the character, I'm just apprehensive because of all of his former roles.

And I haven't heard of Alphonse's new voice actor. What has she done (if anyone here knows)? Does she sound anything like Aaron as a child? I mean, I hate to compare her to him but his child voice is Al to us who watched the original series on AS.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
And I haven't heard of Alphonse's new voice actor. What has she done (if anyone here knows)? Does she sound anything like Aaron as a child? I mean, I hate to compare her to him but his child voice is Al to us who watched the original series on AS.

Buy Romeo x Juliet and listen out for the character Antonio.

BCVM22

I mean, AS doesn't seem to think that anime brings any ratings at all and they treat the anime they do have poorly (by that, I mean little or no advertisement and a late timeslot).

Because unless the anime they show is one of the real bigguns, it doesn't bring the ratings it needs to. The "viewers" were clamoring for more anime on Adult Swim and then, shockingly, they didn't watch when it was put on. You can't blame Adult Swim for finally saying "fine, schmucks, you're not going to watch, we're not going to air it."

However, I would think that an extended amount of new Fullmetal material is something that they would air to good effect.

Mimori Kiryu

Because unless the anime they show is one of the real bigguns, it doesn't bring the ratings it needs to. The "viewers" were clamoring for more anime on Adult Swim and then, shockingly, they didn't watch when it was put on. You can't blame Adult Swim for finally saying "fine, schmucks, you're not going to watch, we're not going to air it."

However, I would think that an extended amount of new Fullmetal material is something that they would air to good effect.
I know that if it isn't popular already, no one's going to watch it but it couldn't hurt making some commercials and airing them more often then thy do already, right? I mean, Moribito's not popular but definitely has the possibility to be if they'd just advertise they're showing it. Other than the bumps to show it's coming on, I don't believe there's a Moribito commercial.

I mean, AS did love Fullmetal to begin with so having the sequel on there makes sense. I just hope they advertise they're showing it. :/

BCVM22

Adult Swim is at something of a marketing disadvantage when it comes to advertising given that they can't advertise on CN proper before the AS block starts nightly.

If they get FMA: Brotherhood, I can't imagine they wouldn't support it with advertising efforts as best they could.

Medea

Excalibur
"J. Michael Tatum as Scar"

o_0...huh?

Okay, wow. First of all I'm glad to hear that most of the voices are making a wonderful return to Full Metal. But Tatum as Scar. Not knocking it down. In fact...I think it's rather interesting. I'm rather curious to hear this (also waiting to hear him as Craft Lawrence in Spice and Wolf...but other story).

Ah, the new Alphonse. I knew it was coming. I mean I have heard our dear Aaron as of lately. I did in that one episode of Ouran.

And the dub list out already? Wow, that's rather fast. My guess is it'll probably be promoted on Comcast OnDemand and/or Adult Swim I'm afraid.

Mimori Kiryu

Adult Swim is at something of a marketing disadvantage when it comes to advertising given that they can't advertise on CN proper before the AS block starts nightly.

If they get FMA: Brotherhood, I can't imagine they wouldn't support it with advertising efforts as best they could.
I can't imagine it either but boy do they love to screw with anime fans a lot. :/ They love to poke fun at us because the idiots on their forums get all riled up.

And you're right, they are, but they could at least have one commercial during their set of shows (like their originals or Family Guy, etc.).

EDIT: Medea, I'm glad I'm not the only one that made the o_O face at the fact that J. Michael is voicing Scar. XD

ForeverFlame

Yeah, Aaron is probably going to be Ling. But what I'm most interested in is Hohemheim and Father's voice actors. In the Japanese version, they had different actors, which completely crushed the "is Hohemheim Father?" theory. I hope they fix that by having them voiced by the same person in English.

csisps_26

Roark <3
Now, why haven't I noticed that J. Michael Tatum is voicing Scar? It's... a little too... smooth, imo. We'll see how he does Scar's voice, I suppose.

Last edited:
We only heard a few seconds of dialogue in the Chibi Party, and Scar was raging so we can't gauge it just yet. He'll likely sound better by episode 4, and I look forward to it.

Yay, dub's finally coming. I'm probably going to be squeeing again...and this time I'm not going to be alternately watching Ouran like I did in the spring. Way too much squee.X3

Gentleman Skeleton

Wonder if they're going to be able to bring Scott McNeil back as Hoenheim. Good to hear the voice cast for the most part isn't changing. Hearing a different Al though might take some adjustment.

Mimori Kiryu

We only heard a few seconds of dialogue in the Chibi Party, and Scar was raging so we can't gauge it just yet. He'll likely sound better by episode 4, and I look forward to it.
So J. Michael voiced Scar in the OVA Chibi Party too? D: Maybe that's why Scar sounded funny to me. *goes to watch again*

BCVM22

Wonder if they're going to be able to bring Scott McNeil back as Hoenheim.

50/50, I'd say. He lives and works primarily in western Canada; FUNi got him to do Hohenheim's short turn in the first series and the movie because he was in town for a convention, if I remember correctly. It's all a matter of whether they want to specifically pay to fly him in to reprise the role, I guess.

Hearing a different Al though might take some adjustment.

We heard Aaron's present voice in the OVA collection and he's barely recognizable as Al anymore; it would take more adjustment to hear him using that voice to play what is ostensibly supposed to be a preteen boy.

Profesco

gone gently
Ah, a nice bit of news to look forward to! I think I'll call this a good night. ^_^

We heard Aaron's present voice in the OVA collection and he's barely recognizable as Al anymore

Mainly cause they didn't bother and hinted at this right away ("It's called puberty Ed. Maybe it'll happen to you someday."). I heard he can still do the voice (I'm very hesitant to believe this, but it's the only other way they could get away with crediting him in the Homunculi vs. State Alchemists OVA), but the strain probably made it an easy choice to just have someone else voice Al.