• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FullMetal Alchemist ---> Character Face-Off, 03 vs Brotherhood; Winner: Team Brotherhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Alphonse Elric (Team 03): 0/12

Alphonse Elric (Team Brotherhood): 8/12 +

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Alphonse Elric (Team 03): 0/12

Alphonse Elric (Team Brotherhood): 11/12 +

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So with Brotherhood Al's clean sweep over his 03 counterpart, Team 03 has 24 points while Team Brotherhood has 72 points.

Next and the final big matchup of this Face-Off:

Edward Elric (Team 03): 0/12

Edward Elric (Team Brotherhood): 0/12

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Edward Elric (Team 03): 0/12

Edward Elric (Team Brotherhood): 5/12+

Edward Elric (Team 03): 1/12+
Edward Elric (Team Brotherhood): 5/12

Original Ed is my favorite character and the most developed one I had the pleasure of watching. His ideals were questioned and the original did well to show that he was infallible and that his beliefs could be wrong.

FMAB Ed was badass I guess? Don't know how that makes him a better character

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Edward Elric (Team 03): 1/12

Edward Elric (Team Brotherhood): 6/12 +

FMA:B Ed was badass I guess? Don't know how that makes him a better character
Because his character development and how much he growed as a character throughout the course of the series was more reflected on and shown more clearly via his alchemy sacrifice in Truth's trial? Perhaps because he shared more strong dynamics with several other important characters in the show like Winry, Mustang, Hawkeye, Ling etc.? Perhaps because he was more fulfilled at the end of the story via getting his lost arm back which was very poetic and satisfying in terms of the narrative and unlike 03 Ed, didn't die and come back to life (which kinda betrays the core premise of the story)?

Also if we are talking about badassery, it's actually 03 Ed who has the edge over Brotherhood Ed TBH, 03 Ed was more of a savage during fights who often had his opponents on his toes, while Brotherhood Ed was often showed getting outclassed in combat by the likes of Scar, the homunculis etc., so in that aspect it's actually 03 Ed who has the edge (the only very badass moment Brotherhood Ed had was beating up Father with his bare hands at the end of the series, that too while Father was weakened, not much else, while 03 Ed by himself got to a kill a Homunculi like Greed and so on).

Not saying that 03 Ed isn't a great character who went through a lot of character development, but Brotherhood Ed beats him in that aspect because his character development was reflected on more clearly via certain events, plus he's more fulfilled in terms of his purpose compared to 03 Ed at the end of the show, which makes him a better character IMO.

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
Edward Elric (Team Brotherhood): 7/12 +

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think 03 Ed was a good character, he is but I have always preferred Brotherhood Ed.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Edward Elric (Team Brotherhood): 8/12 +

I have to give credit where it due with 03 Ed. He is definitely a great character and more of a badass in battle than Brotherhood Ed was but Brotherhood Ed got some really good character development, which really was shown at the end of the end of the series.

That being said, both versions of Ed are great.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Edward Elric (Team Brotherhood): 9/12 +

Status
Not open for further replies.