• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FullMetal Alchemist ---> Character Face-Off, 03 vs Brotherhood; Winner: Team Brotherhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
This is a Face-Off between all the notable and memorable characters of the widely popular, universally praised and highly acclaimed anime show FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. The show is my most favorite anime of all time, I simply love that show and as a matter of fact, I have seen several big fans of the series around here in SPPF (including many of my close friends in this forum as well too) so I decided to make a Face-Off between all the notable and important characters of the show where all the fans of this amazing show around here can have fun. :)

How it works:

1) Pretty much all the important and notable characters of the show will be included here, but certain characters who are really insignificant or have a very little impact on the show as characters overall will be excluded, e.g. Basque Grand, Dominic, Giolio Comanche, Catherine Armstrong etc. Also it's worth noting here that characters exclusive to the FullMetal Alchemist 2003 series will be excluded too (this face-off is about the Brotherhood series and does not have anything to do with the previous series of this franchise made in 2003, please keep this in mind).

All total, 48 characters have been included in this Face Off:

1) Edward Elric

2) Alphonse Elric

3) Winry Rockbell

4) Roy Mustang

5) Scar

6) Ling Yao

7) Riza Hawkeye

8) Alex Louis Armstrong

9) Olivier Mira Armstrong

10) Maes Hughes

11) Jean Havoc

12) Maria Ross

13) Captain Buccaneer

14) Major Miles

15) General Grumman

16) Solf. J Kimblee

17) Shou Tucker

18) Pinako Rockbell

19) May Chang

20) Lan Fan

21) Van Hohenheim

22) Trisha Elric

23) Izumi Curtis

24) Sig Curtis

25) Tim Marcoh

26) Yoki

27) Sheska

28) Fu

29) Dr. Knox

30) Heymans Breda

31) Vato Falman

32) Denny Brosh

33) Gold-Toothed Doctor

34) Rosé Thomas

35) Father Cornello

36) King Bradley

37) Salim Bradley

38) Father

39) Greed

40) Lust

41) Gluttony

42) Envy

43) Sloth

44) Heinkel

45) Darius

46) Jerso

47) Zampano

48) Truth

2) This face-off format will consist of 4 rounds. In the first round, all the 48 characters in this face-off will be divided into 6 groups of 8 characters.

Here's how the characters in this face-off have been divided into 6 groups of 8 characters each for the first round:

Edward Elric

Ling Yao

Van Hohenheim

Jean Havoc

Izumi Curtis

Envy

Shou Tucker

Heinkel

Roy Mustang

Alex Louis Armstrong

May Chang

Trisha Elric

Sheska

Solf. J Kimblee

Lust

Darius

Alphonse Elric

Maria Ross

Captain Buccaneer

Rosé Thomas

Truth

King Bradley

Selim Bradley

Jerso

Winry Rockbell

Lan Fan

Fu

Tim Marcoh

Doctor Knox

Heymans Breda

Father Cornello

Greed

Scar

Maes Hughes

Major Miles

Denny Brosh

Yoki

Gold Toothed Doctor

Gluttony

Father

Riza Hawkeye

Olivier Mira Armstrong

Pinako Rockbell

General Grumman

Vato Falman

Sig Curtis

Sloth

Zampano

3) Characters in each group in the first round of this face-off will get to randomly face-off against each other in matchups. In every single matchup, two characters get to face-off. Each and every character (in a group) in this round would overall get to face-off once. Matchups would in this round would be decided via RNG.

4) It should be pretty much understandable from the format of the first round explained above that their will be overall 4 matchups each in every 6 group of 8 characters total. So overall 4 x 6 = 24 characters in total will get to advance to the next round.

5) In each and every matchup of the first round, both characters start with 0 points. The character to reach 12 points first wins the matchup. If you wish to vote for a character, add one point to his tally and give a + sign beside this tally.

6) The format of the second round and the subsequent rounds thereafter will be decided later on at due time.

Rules:

1) All SPPF General, Games and Face-Off rules apply.

2) You can vote in a particular face-off matchup once in every 8 hours.

3) If you were ninja'd by someone while voting, please make sure to correct your tally.

4) Intentionally posting incorrect tallies in a face-off matchup will disqualify you from the game.

5) Have fun.

--------------
345ash-greninja

xEryChan

So here's the first matchup of this round from Group A:

Edward Elric: 0/12

Van Hohenheim: 0/12

Last edited:

keepitsimple

site of lies
Edward Elric: 2/12 +

Can I count Sandbag's post as a vote for Edward?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Edward Elric: 2/12 +

Can I count Sandbag's post as a vote for Edward?
Nope, you have to write your tally in the correct manner in this Face-Off, otherwise it doesn't count. Not writing the tally in the correct manner could lead to some confusion among certain voters y'know, so hope you get that why I have to be a bit adamant on this issue. :)

Your vote counts though, so Edward's tally would be 1 after your vote. Please correct it kindly.

Edward Elric: 2/12+

@Dragalge You are obviously free to vote again as long as you're writing the tally in the proper way. :) Sandbag isn't supposed to be a tally. :p

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Edward Elric: 2/12

Van Hohenheim: 1/12 +

Edward may be the main character (and I do like him), but Hohenheim was the MVP of the series. Without him, Father would've never been beaten.

Also it's worth noting here that characters exclusive to the FullMetal Alchemist 2003 will be excluded too (this face-off is about the Brotherhood series and does not have anything to dowith the previous series of this franchise made in 2003, please keep this is mind).

:( basically every character is different even the main characters so now I'm sad

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hohenheim was the MVP of the final fight against Father, but not the entire series by any means, heck he isn't even present in pretty much about half of the series. :p

Ed is beyond doubt the most charismatic and impactful character of the whole series alongside being the protagonist, of course there are plenty of wonderful characters to be invested in this amazing epic masterpiece of a show, but Ed is still the standout one. It's pretty much after seeing Ed and Al's deep and tragic backstories that most of the viewers start to get really invested and hooked into the show. Apart from his integral part in the overall narrative and the story, another thing which is so likable about his character is that he can be at the same time so fallible and brash as a character, and yet during most of the action moments, such a badass. He has so many quirks in his character which can be really hilarious and keep you entertained (just check out his short rants) but during the heavily emotional scenes of the show, his genuine display of various emotions (like sorrow, grief and anger) can be so touching, and during the intense and epic action moments, he can look such a freaking badass sometimes (just check out his final fight with Father where he beats out the crap of the Homunculus who had acquired "God" within himself). It's for a certain reason that Ed is widely considered one of best anime characters ever in majority of the anime fandom.

Anyway....

@Darthlord7 @Victorian Rush Just letting you two know as well that I made a character Face-Off Thread of one of your most favourite anime shows ever. ;)

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
:( basically every character is different even the main characters so now I'm sad
Don't be sad, just cheer up. After the Brotherhood character Face-Off is over, I promise to start a face-off between the common characters of 03 and Brotherhood where the 03 and Brotherhood versions of those characters will get to face-off against each other. But first I decided to make a character face-off of my most favourite anime of all time. ;) Happy now? :)

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Hohenheim was the MVP of the final fight against Father, but not the entire series by any means, heck he isn't even present in pretty much about half of the series. :p

Ed is beyond doubt the most charismatic and impactful character of the whole series alongside being the protagonist, of course there are plenty of wonderful characters to be invested in this amazing epic masterpiece of a show, but Ed is still the standout one. It's pretty much after seeing Ed and Al's deep and tragic backstories that most of the viewers really start to get really invested. Apart from his integral part in the overall narrative and the story, another thing which is so likable about his character is that he can be at the same time so fallible and brash as a character, and yet during most of the action moments, such a badass. He has so many quirks in his character which can be really hilarious and keep you entertained (just check out his short rants) but during the heavily emotional scenes of the show, his genuine display of various emotions (like sorrow, grief and anger) can be so touching, and during the intense and epic action moments, he can look such a freaking badass sometimes (just check out his final fight with Father where he beats out the crap of the Homunculus who can acquired "God" within himself). It's for a certain reason that Ed is widely considered one of best anime characters ever in majority of the anime fandom.

Lol if you're going to write this much just to try to prove and convince me as to why Ed is the best, there's really no point in this face off since you'll end up saying the same thing against any character who faces off against Ed. Ed might as well be declared the winner right off the bat.

Also, Ed beating up Father was amazing and badass without a doubt, but during the part where Father's power was negated because of Hohenheim's reverse transmutation circle, I was literally jumping at that moment.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Lol if you're going to write this much just to try and prove and convince me as to why Ed is the best, there's really no point in this face off since you'll end up saying the same thing, and Ed might as well be declared the winner right off the bat.
Yeah I was explaining my own POV about why I think Ed is the best character in the show and never really said that everyone is supposed to believe the same/agree with my stance. Obviously there can be many people who think differently/otherwise, and people with different viewpoints and opinions are expected to vote here, henceforth the point of this face-off.

But from my perspective, I do believe that someone like Mustang or Greed giving Ed a really good competition is nothing surprising but Hohenheim....in my book he really doesn't compare to Ed as a character. A good and intriguing character for sure, but not on that level.

But that's just my own POV/opinion anyway.

Also, Ed beating up Father was amazing and badass without a doubt, but during the part where Father's power was negated because of Hohenheim's reverse transmutation circle, I was literally jumping at that moment.
Yeah, of course no one is doubting that Hohenheim is the MVP of the final fight, it was mainly because of him that Father's power was greatly reduced from being "godly". But still the final fight with Father, despite being one of the most epic and amazing parts of the show, certainly doesn't represent the entirety of the show.

Last edited:

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Edward Elric: 4/12
Von Hohenheim: 2/12+

I will vote for the underdog of this matchup because he doesn't deserve such a crushing defeat.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Edward Elric: 5/12+

Van Hohenheim: 2/12

It's Van Hoheinheim, not Von.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Edward Elric: 7/12
Van Hohenheim: 4/12 +

It's not that I don't like Mr. Title Character, I just hate the name Edward

Status
Not open for further replies.