• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fullmetal Alchemist Manga

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamsGFX

<< May Is Sexci!
I don't know if anyones read and watched FMA, but have you noticed that many things are different? Like the battle on the train, in the Anime [episode 5 methinks], Ed isn't a State Alchemist when that happens. However, in the manga he is.
Does anyone know why bits were changed for the Anime? [I assume the anime came out after the manga, correct me if im wrong]

Edit: LIKE ZOMG! NEW RANK CHANGE!!!!!!111oneone

lmao, tis my n00b side coming out there

The anime always had small things to set it apart from the manga at first. This includes things such as Barry the Chopper and Tucker. Then, of course, the anime went on a completely different route.

Penguin

The Chappy Bunny
Does anyone know why bits were changed for the Anime? [I assume the anime came out after the manga, correct me if im wrong]

Arakawa, the mangaka, directly talked to the anime production staff, and she told them that she wanted the anime ending to be different from the manga ending. She believes that watching the show and reading the manga should be two different, yet enjoyable experiences.

Arakawa, the mangaka, directly talked to the anime production staff, and she told them that she wanted the anime ending to be different from the manga ending. She believes that watching the show and reading the manga should be two different, yet enjoyable experiences.

which is what I like about the the two.

kawaii*ninja

Bloody Rose
I have three manga's of fullmetal Alchemast! I think one of the saddest ones i have read, is when Alfonse runs away!

OMG I haves 14 manga's of fullmetal Alchemast!11

And the saddest part would have to be the fact that they made Sloth a mentally challenged giant slob who works in a mine

Catalyst

Aim for the Top.
OMG I haves 14 manga's of fullmetal Alchemast!11

And the saddest part would have to be the fact that they made Sloth a mentally challenged giant slob who works in a mine

I have all of the FMA manga released by Viz. >_>

I find Sloth LOL-worthy, he needs some real appearence, I want to some he owning some people.

SamsGFX

<< May Is Sexci!
And some of the Homunculi in the Manga are named differnt in the Anime.
For example, Sloth in the manga is the wierd dude in the mine, but Sloth in the Anime is their mother.
And Homunculi are made different in the Anime then the Manga. It was wierd going straight from the Anime to the Manga

Indeed. The Fuhrer (who kicks much more *** in the manga. Tropical Shirt FTMFW) is Wrath instead of Pride, so thankfully we don't get that annoying **** Anime Wrath; we don't know who the hell Pride is, Lust acted like a complete **** in the manga; Gluttony's jaw comes off and becomes a giant black hole of no escape; Envy's true form is a giant chimera thing instead of a gimpy looking guy; ect.

Indeed. The Fuhrer (who kicks much more *** in the manga. Tropical Shirt FTMFW) is Wrath instead of Pride, so thankfully we don't get that annoying **** Anime Wrath; we don't know who the hell Pride is, Lust acted like a complete **** in the manga; Gluttony's jaw comes off and becomes a giant black hole of no escape; Envy's true form is a giant chimera thing instead of a gimpy looking guy; ect.

Envy's true form in the anime
is a Serpent of some sort (see movie)

Last edited:

Catalyst

Aim for the Top.

But yeah, in the movie his true form is the
Serpent of the Ouroborus

SamsGFX

<< May Is Sexci!
Manga Envy's true form kicks ***. Manga Wrath is like... god.

Manga Wratch is cool yeah, but Anime Wrath isn't. The only good thing I can see is when he:
Sacrificed himself in the Movie to help Al

HK

Radiance of Shadows
For those who don't know (which might just be everyone but me and TSC, but I've been wrong before), Viz did actually alter some artwork in volume eight of their editions of the manga. For what it specifically was...

...check out the slab of rock that Greed is hung from after he is captured. In the original it is something akin to a cross, but Viz changed it to resemble a rough, mundane boulder.

What really irks me about this is that they didn't put any information about the artwork being different from the original Japanese editions -- false advertising, which is truly criminal.

"Thought I'd just stir up the pot here."

AJ kinova the psychic

Saffron gym leader
I'm not big on the manga as much as I am with the anime

Status
Not open for further replies.