• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FullMetal Alchemist Shipping Discussions - 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Well, there was a previous version but it has since been closed so I figured I might as well bring it back, seeing as how I have really gotten into the series and I love it.

You are allowed to talk about any ships you support it. Whether it be in the 03 version or in Brotherhood, it really does not matter. All that I ask is that everyone here follows the forums rules, which you can find here. Don't bash a ship just because you don't like it. Of course, you are allowed to voice criticism for a ship but if we get the feeling that you are only here to spread negativity, you will be reported to the mods.

Now that that's out of the way, I'm gonna start this off with a topic.

What are your favorite FMA shippings and why?

Mine are EdWin (Edward & Winry) and Royai (Roy & Riza)

It's quite common. Edward was always so protective of Winry, moreso than Al. He did not want her to get dragged into what he was dealing with. Early on, you could tell that Winry was falling for him, especially in episode 20 of Brotherhood when she made that comment about his shoulders being so broad. Her asking if she has been falling for Ed was just the icing on top of the cake. It took a while for Ed to return her feelings but he did and that ending with Ed proposing to Winry with the concept of Equivalent Exchange before he left was adorable. So happy this ship became canon, even though I knew it was going to.

Also love Roy & Riza as well. She was always there by his side to help him with whatever he needed to do and she was extremely dedicated to him as well. Sad this pairing was not shown to have become canon like EdWin did but I'm not surprised either because if the military in Amestris is anything like it is in America, relationships between two military members is frowned upon.

Besides these two, I also love Alphonse & May and Ling & Lan Fan but my favorite FMA ships are EdWin and Royai.

Last edited:

Kiryn

Considering that FMAB is my favorite anime of all time, why not?

So, I do love and support all of the canon ships (Royai, Edwin, LingFan, AlMay, etc), and I think it's a sign of how great of a writer Arakawa is, bc normally I don't love pretty much every single canon pairing. But my favorite ships are Ling/Greed (ouch, my heart still hurts), Ling/Ed (a ship can be comedy gold and emotionally devastating at the same time, who knew?), and Winry/Ed/Ling/Lan Fan (bc why have ship wars when you can just....ship them all together, especially bc I also really love Winry/Lan Fan).

Royai's probably my fave (with Edwin in second) of the canon set, tho (hey, ep 54, "Beyond the Inferno", can I have my heart back yet? Is Royai done destroying it yet? No? It will keep destroying my heart forever? T h a n k s S a t a n).

Also, I think Mrs. Bradley/Wrath is super underrated (honestly, how dare this entire family give me this many feels).

May/Scar is the BROTP to end all other BROTPs. Their friendship is so good and pure!!! He's protective of her, but she's just as protective of him, and often puts her tiny self as a shield between him and danger, and also, she's the one who actually swoops in to save him, and not the other way around?? Like, the 12 year old little girl is the one who has to swoop in to save the grown man, who's an antihero serial killer?? Absolute perfection forever.

Though, in the BROTP department, the Camping Trip of Doom Shenanigans that is Greedling/Ed/Heinkel/Darius is running in a close second. I want that spinoff show.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I think it is time for me join this discussion. I watched the entire FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood series in like four days and it is easily my favorite anime.

Of course, I support all of the canon ships (EdWin, Royai, AlMei, LingFan) but my favorite is definitely EdWin. All throughout the series, we got to see that Ed and Winry care deeply for each other and, in Winry’s case, she ended up developing feelings for him, though he did not return her feelings until the end of the series. They are adorable together and there was better way for the two of them to get together than by having Ed confess to her by using the law of Equivalent Exchange.

I gotta admit, I’m a sucker for bromance and I love the friendship Ed had with Ling. I love that Ed was not willing to give up on Ling after his body was taken over by Greed. I also really like Winry/Paninya as well as Winry/Lan Fan.

I also love Parental Roy/Ed. While their relationship is mostly made up of banter, you can see that Ed really cares for Roy, respects him as his superior and trusts him, though he will never actually admit it. Also, it’s pretty easy to see that Roy does care about Ed as well. I will always have a soft spot for this pairing.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
The best ship in FMA will always be Edward Elric x Wendy Rockbell. The other one that i liked was Roy Mustang x Risa Hawkeye.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
The best ship in FMA will always be Edward Elric x Wendy Rockbell. The other one that i liked was Roy Mustang x Risa Hawkeye.

You mean Ed & Winry? I agree completely, that is without a doubt the best FMA ship.

I also really like Royai (Roy x Riza), AlMei (Al x Mei), and LingFan (Ling x Lan Fan) but my favorite is EdWin and it probably always will be.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
This is the only time I've ever seen a fandom actually agree on ships, and somehow, all the canon ones are actually liked.

Kiryn

This is the only time I've ever seen a fandom actually agree on ships, and somehow, all the canon ones are actually liked.

I think it's just down to how great of a writer Arakawa is. Pretty much everything she touched in FMA is gold, and her character writing in general is fantastic and some of the best I've ever seen. So naturally this also translates into the relationships that the characters have with each other, both romantic and platonic. But yeah, FMA truly is the only series where I actually enjoy all of the canon romances, and don't have a problem with any of them. But again---it's because Arakawa is just that great. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.