• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fullmetal Alchemist Thread

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Hey everyone. I hope I'm posting this w/o another of this thread already existing... I didn't see one so let's hope not.

ANNNNYYYYYwaaaaaaaaaaayy I just finished this Anime and I must say it was incredible. I haven't seen Brotherhood and I don't know if I will but it was an amazing show so I think that I will.

Discuss away, I guess, and uh, yeah. :3

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
Brotherhood follows the manga completely and the manga is amazing. i watched brotherhood and loved it. it instantly became my 2nd favorite anime

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
I think I'll watch Brotherhood. I am only on the 8th book in the Manga nad may just watch Brotherhood instead

LizardonX

Banned
I liked how the manga was written, very little out of nowhere BS and hastily plugged plotholes that in turn makes other ones like some other ones.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
I think I'll watch Brotherhood, and maybe even read the manga, too. What do you guys think of the ending, though? Good, or bad? I think theyll end up finding each other again. Its not like either of them would give up, and plus, they achieved theyre goal the last time the sensei helped them. +if there's a way to reach the gate using alchemy then why isnt there a way in technology?

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
I think I'll watch Brotherhood, and maybe even read the manga, too. What do you guys think of the ending, though? Good, or bad? I think theyll end up finding each other again. Its not like either of them would give up, and plus, they achieved theyre goal the last time the sensei helped them. +if there's a way to reach the gate using alchemy then why isnt there a way in technology?

well i never finished the original haha but i loved the ending of brotherhood. i heard about the original ending and i like brotherhoods better

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
But isnt brotherhood much, much longer? I do want to watch brotherhood but i have other animes lined up that my friend s want me to watch...
I guess ill just watch it anyway, because the ending was only satisfactory, not incredible like the rest of the entire show

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

The end of the original anime? There's a movie that continues after that ending called Conqueror of Shamballa.

Also, keep in mind that Brotherhood is basically an adaption of the manga, I don't think there's much difference between the two. Haven't read it myself, but I don't think there's much point in watching/reading them both.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Enough as already been said about this greatness, there's not much else to say...

Lanik

[img200]http://narwhaler.com/original/vb/n/oh-look-its-this-thread-again-anime-girl-vbnRG7.jpg[/img200]

Just finished watching Brotherhood.

This is officially my favorite anime. Superb storyline, lovable characters and the best ending I've seen so far. I started watching this on my tutor's iPad on my way to a school trip (The other options were Ocean's 11, 12 and 13 and Pulp Fiction). I also noticed a few interesting trends in the series, such as the seven deadly sins being personified into physical characters, which I find to be interesting. As each sin was slowly being introduced to the series, I was constantly wondering who the next one would be, and what they would actually look like. I noticed a similarity between Soul Eater, which also had personifications of mythical beings or characters and taking the same name.

I know this anime was from 2009, but I'll put in some spoilers anyway:

I think it would have been more interesting if Hohenheim was the father of the sins while also being Ed and Al's dad, rather than the Homunculus being a spitting image of him. It would have been an interesting sort of plot twist, but I don't really get why he looks like Hohenheim. Then again, I wouldn't be able to remember an explanation from one episode with a 64-episode long anime.

I'm glad that Alphonse eventually did get his body back and that the Elric's goal was ultimately fulfilled. I was sort of expecting Al to stay in his suit of armor; I liked how innocent and kind he acted despite being trapped in the armor. I guess the anime wanted a happy ending with no plot holes, cliffhangers or confusions, which in my opinion is a perfect way to end a series: it doesn't leave you wondering what could or could not have happened. I was thinking that they'd get too distracted by the Promised Day in order to fulfill their actual goal, which is kind of what happened. They went from wanting their bodies back to finding the Homunculus and defeating it as their primary goal. I also like the sensibility of Ed exchanging his alchemy in exchange for Al's body. That way, no organic value was exchanged, which made perfect sense given how Ed was determined to not exchange a single soul for his brother's sake.

But one of the things that pleased me the most is that unlike most other anime, pairings actually happened in the end. It's a typical fan-fiction writer's wet dream, and I haven't see any other anime do this so far. Ed and Winry ended up getting married and having kids, and so did Alphonse and May Chang. The former was just what I wanted. I'm glad Winry realised she was falling for Ed and I was actually surprised to see that even though they were "just childhood friends" at first, they still eventually got together. It was just meant to happen, and I'm most grateful that it did. I don't see this happen often, so this is something I'm unsure I'll come across again.

Most of my favorite moments were from the fight scenes: Lust VS Mustang, Scar VS Bradley/Wrath, Sloth VS Olivier/Alex Armstrong and a few others were exciting. You just get that awesome feeling when two characters that you wouldn't expect to be fighting each other actually do fight. I loved the feel of the Promised Day siege on Central Command and most of all, the ending was brilliant and left an unintentional smile on my face.

All in all, I have nothing but praise for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and I wouldn't know any better anime had it not been for my tutor.

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Green Blockhead:

Hohenheim and Father are nearly identical in appearance because the original Homunculus was created using some of Hohenheim's blood. After that, Homunculus tricked the king of Xerxes into transmuting the entire nation's souls into himself and Hohenheim, thus making them both immortals with similar appearances.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
@Green Blockhead

The Brotherhood ending, I think, was far better than FMA.

In FMA, Ed and Al are separated in the end, so it's a pretty big let down compared to marrying Winry, getting back their bodies, and staying together. ALSO, Al got married, and Ed isn't in a world with technology rather than alchemy, so you'd assume he'd be a technomancer and become skilled in technology and do what he did with the Gate. Or die, and return to the other side of the gate b/c that's what happens when you die, you idiot, Ed. I did love some fight scenes in FMA, though. Lust vs. Wrath, Ed vs. Dante, Ed vs. SLoth/Al, and a few others.

5221A

I just finished watching Brotherhood and I am speechless.
The seven sins were very realistic and easy to relate with, the fact that they showed the true meaning behind the sins, before there respective death was very nice and left me felling bad for all of them, especially greed who was by far my favorite character.

To bad the brothers went on different paths and Ed lost his powers to preform alchemy. And Ed confessing to Winry was just hilarious, Fullmetal heart, eh.

Oh and I totally cried on ep 63, 3 times xD.
Overall great anime that I recommend to anyone and everyone.

Hawk Sirius

Crazy Author
I watched all the episodes of the original anime in, like, three days. I pretty much do the most bizarre things during summer vacation. I am currently dealing with an eight-year-old who is trying to cure me of my FMA obsession. She freaks when I draw Automail. She chases me with sticks when I make cardboard Automail. Yet she is happy when I write FMA FanFiction...........

I watched only 2 episodes of FMA. It seemed good. Maybe I'll download more episodes soon.