• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fully evolved Pokemon with the worst treatment.

Simisear, it faces stiff competition from other Fire mons, being outclassed by Torkoal, Emboar, and even Rapidash and sp defensive Flareon, at least it's no Heatmor or Magcargo

The three monkeys suck in general. Even when Black and White first came out I knew they would be weak.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Why is emboar still fighting, i don't know... Maybe theres a good reason (there HAVE to be a good reason) for the last three fire starters gaining that type, but we just don't know it u_u

I blame the Chinese Zodiac. All of the fire-starters have so far been represented by the zodiac in some iteration (sometimes by more than one for each species evo-line). Charizard = dragon. Cyndaquil = mouse. Combusken = rooster. Infernape = monkey. Tepig = hog. Why the last three have been fighting, who knows. Maybe it was to aid the in-game experience.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I blame the Chinese Zodiac. All of the fire-starters have so far been represented by the zodiac in some iteration (sometimes by more than one for each species evo-line). Charizard = dragon. Cyndaquil = mouse. Combusken = rooster. Infernape = monkey. Tepig = hog. Why the last three have been fighting, who knows. Maybe it was to aid the in-game experience.
Both Infernape and Emboar are based on characters of this history:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_to_the_West

Sun Wukong and Zhu Baije, respectively.
They are yet to create Pokémon based on Sha Wujing and Xuanzang...

Also, Cyndaquil is a echidna, not a mouse.

fireice

not sure if its been mentioned but Umbreon has a rather poor offensive movepool. Whats its best Dark Move? Bite?

Poliwhirl'sMittens

Lorelei's Apprentice
not sure if its been mentioned but Umbreon has a rather poor offensive movepool. Whats its best Dark Move? Bite?

You're not implying that it's one of the pokemon with the worst treatment right?
Umbreon obviously isn't meant to be a powerhouse sweeper. It excels in defense and support.

fireice

nope not the worst treatment. Just putting it out there.

Flareon copped it the worst. Mine I turned into a special just because the physical movepool was so underwhelming.

ROFLMAO

Pidgeot. I love it and still use it, but it's stats are pretty bad. Noctowl too.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
nope not the worst treatment. Just putting it out there.

Flareon copped it the worst. Mine I turned into a special just because the physical movepool was so underwhelming.

I know how bad Flareon is, high 130 Attack but its only physical Fire attacks (Fire Fang and Flame Charge) are really weak.

fireice

can we count Entei as well since its only the event ones that get Flare Blitz and not able to get it purely by levelling up?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Payback. Always going to be 100 base power anyway.

It actually has enough offensive movepool. Curse to boost Attack, Payback as a main attack as well as STAB move, Return and Iron Tail for coverage.
The only thing it needs now, is a Fight move, for the wide Dark + Fight coverage.
(however, the Fight move can't be something like Close Combat or Superpower, since both of those have side effect that is bad for Umbreon)

So yeah, it isn't the worst Eeveelution.

GC7

This War Is Ours!
How about magmortar i mean look at it's speed its just like,,,,, yeah :/

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Jumpluff is an example of terrible stats, Umbreon with it's bad move pool, and Scizor with it's terrible speed.

You must be trolling.

Jumpluff's terrible stats are offset by a decent support / annoyance movepool. Umbreon has an awesome support moveset, having access to Wish, Heal Bell, Moonlight, and a host of other options. Scizor gets Technician Bullet Punch. Speed doesn't matter.

EDIT: Spinda. All gimmick Pokemon have their niche, except this thing. I'd seriously rather use Castform.

Although I suppose Contrary Superpower might be nice, it's still not threatening at all coming from something with 60 in all of his base stats.

Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Both Infernape and Emboar are based on characters of this history:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_to_the_West

Sun Wukong and Zhu Baije, respectively.
They are yet to create Pokémon based on Sha Wujing and Xuanzang...

Also, Cyndaquil is a echidna, not a mouse.

Ah yes, very astute. Except that all five fire starters are on the Chinese Zodiac, and if you read the Pokedex from 1999 on, Cyndaquil is in fact the Fire Mouse Pokemon. This is of course regardless of it's real world "counterpart".

I could care less about Monkey Kings and Prohibition Pigs. Leave that to Goku and friends.

Dark Violet Moon Ray

I say Lopunny has it bad. It's quick, sure. But if a rabbit can deliver jump kicks to the face, doesn't it deserve some better Atk? Better yet, throw in moar Sp. Def. IT AIN'T ENOUF.