• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fully Powered! The Alola Desert Island Race!! (1165)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1165.jpg

Fully Powered! The Alola Desert Island Race!!​

Ash & Goh have gone to the Alola Region to take part in the Pokémon Catching Adventure Race, where you race to the goal and catch Pokémon along the way. When there, Ash meets two brothers who are competing and are big fans of Ash since he became the Alola Champion. These brothers are able to use Z-Moves, but Ash is suspicious of the Z-Moves they're using. Will Ash & Goh manage to win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Going back to Alola after so long feels so pleasant and nice, especially since we have TR uniting with their best mons and Ash being a celebrity due to his champion status. Seems perfect, can't wait to get back in the SM feels

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Gou’s reaction to Satoshi’s status calling it “awesome” and Satoshi shrugging it off as, “I didn’t mentioned it….” was just so on-brand and fitting. Blush and all.

Denzi is number #27 in the PWC.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Awww TR's reactions were adorable, Kinda peeved we didnt get Morpeko's reaction to Bewear but still so wholesome, REALLY wish they didnt spoil TR reuniting, would have been better
Also I LOVE how Ash is a mentor and inspiration here
And how directly they introduced Volkner and the next episode, great job
This episode was enjoyable to me

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
So yeah, the episode was somewhat average to me. That entire Champion acknowledgement felt hollow when only two boys did so instead of multiple people (including the announcer), the anime original setting didn't help and the fact that the race was pretty stale about capturing Pokemon at checkpoints rather than challenges and obstacle courses.

I liked the usage of regional soundtracks, this needs to be a norm for every region and not just Alola. TRio's reunion was also decent, but it should have not been done like an afterthought, in the closing segments of the episode with barely a minute of screentime, it should have happened earlier and properly (and included Morpeko). That, an Ash being given more center focus with mentoring the boys as well as using his knowledge of having dealt with Alolan Pokemon (especially Passimian).

Also, them setting up the battle in this episode itself will definitely help save screentime that they can dedicate to the battle in the next one, but giving Volkner rank 27? Why so high?

So Volkner being in such a high position means that if Ash wins, he will rise too high in rank

I think Ash may lose here, or he will just win and this will rush a lot ...

It seems that in Alola the Pokémon training culture is not that popular, which is why perhaps almost no one recognized it as "Arora pokemon league champion" But I'm sure that people with minimal training in the region like these guys would recognize Ash without any problem.

nickdt

It seems that in Alola the Pokémon training culture is not that popular, which is why perhaps almost no one recognized it as "Arora pokemon league champion" But I'm sure that people with minimal training in the region like these guys would recognize Ash without any problem.

Is not popular.

Looks back at the Alola League. Stadium was jam-packed with people, so what do ya mean, not popular.

Is not popular.

Looks back at the Alola League. Stadium was jam-packed with people, so what do ya mean, not popular.
It is only a theory, since it is quite fair that it is not so popular because it was only the first league. Filling the stadium does not mean much, it is normal because many people likes Pokémon battles.

nickdt

It is only a theory, since it is quite fair that it is not so popular because it was only the first league. Filling the stadium does not mean much, it is normal because everyone likes Pokémon battles.

tbh, they had the Island Trial Championship before the League was established.