• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fully Powered! The Alola Desert Island Race!! (1165)

@Twilight-Kun Keep doing what you're doing dude. Always hilarious and the short distillations of where the anime often fails regularly hit right at the heart of the problem, sometimes uncomfortably so.

LazySpy

Kimty
@Twilight-Kun Keep doing what you're doing dude. Always hilarious and the short distillations of where the anime often fails regularly hit right at the heart of the problem, sometimes uncomfortably so.
He may have the reputation of a troll, but he sometimes does hit the mark...
Pretty sure he was the only person who highlighted one of the biggest issues with JN010 before I have.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Broken clocks sometimes get the time right...
And you gotta agree he's hillarious.
Sometimes, and sometimes its just trying too hard with the bait. Id appreciate the humor better if it was organic rather then picking any straw to **** on the show. It gets annoying after the first few times, esp when theres deliberate bait to ignite flame wars, its exhausting. Even more so saddening to see people whose critiques and opinions I actually appreciated once to go down the rabbit holes of claiming his posts have substance beyond the trolling that guy does. This show has always been one I just watch coz of nostalgia coz I find it adorable and when I made an account here during SM's third year it was because it was fun to read people's posts here and I wanted to join in and just vibe with a community about a show. I dont mind playfully poking fun at it either coz its far from good quality but still is endearing, but at this point everytime I come here I dread just seeing my notifs instead of being excited before because its a constant arguments, flame wars and just negativity. Criticism can exist without a toxic atmosphere being created where it feels like we are factions of people at each other's throats, not that there wasnt toxicity beforehand but its just overbearing at this point, the fun community back in SM third year also barely post anything here which I cant blame them, its exhausting. Im probably overreacting here and going too deep into it but its frustrating at this point that well a comfort show's community has come to this where Im now actively trying to break my habits to come and interact here

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Not an essay time.
For an episode set in Alola, you wouldn't have thought it was in Alola (bar the Alolan pokemon) if you tuned in about halfway through... until the two non-generic characters succeeded in their terribly animated Z-move or the end when TR reunited with their Alolan 'mons & Bewear, especially since in a rarity for episodes set in Alola Team Rocket was sent blasting off, I was half expecting Bewear to prevent that considering it's in a class of its own in terms of abilities (having said that, I legit forgot that the race announcer was Ana, a recurring character from SM). Anywho, I enjoyed the game of catch Ash and Go did with the Passimian as it showcased the latter's personality as a species. On another note, it felt weird seeing James command a Vileplume considering it's the main pokemon of Jessebelle. Though I will say, it never occured to me that Ash never mentioned that he won the Alolan League to Go, though I suppose I could forgive that since it was a recently established event (though it can also be argued that such an act is also unforgiveable, in which case, fair dues), also I forgot that Ash's Z-Power Ring in Kanto, not Alola as I originally thought when watching the episode, and another thing I forgot was Ash making it into the Ultra Class 3 months ago.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Alright episode, but I really hate it when they show Ash trying to explain things and he's using onomatopeias as if he was unable to convey his thoughts like a normall person.

I get it that it's been apparently a part of his character in XY, but it's really stupid and painfully unfunny.
Xy he only did that once to explain evolution, it was a oddball moment but ultimately fine since Ash conveyed his thoughts well otherwise in that series, I don't remember any in SM but here they really amped that up for some reason whenever he needs to explain any kind of concept

(why are we praising someone for complaining about JN when this isn't anything close to new or unique on these fourms lol)

Pokemonfan5

Xy he only did that once to explain evolution, it was a oddball moment but ultimately fine since Ash conveyed his thoughts well otherwise in that series, I don't remember any in SM but here they really amped that up for some reason whenever he needs to explain any kind of concept

(why are we praising someone for complaining about JN when this isn't anything close to new or unique on these fourms lol)
he did same thing in SM to teach Lillie how to use Z move which actually help her like those 2 characters in JN76.
Ash weird explanation somehow help the characters.

Rune Knight

I was thinking. Since this is the first episode ever to have Team Rocket re-unite with previously released pokémon according to Bulbapedia, maybe we will eventually get one that has them re-unite with Arbok and Weezing; as they are arguably iconic and featured alongside those characters in the games.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Also @Twilight-Kun no offense but you either are the biggest troll (and not even good at it lol, just bait, guess I bit) or just genuinely have the worst watching comprehension Ive seen in my life
Is pointing out what literally happened on screen is bad watching comprehension, then perhaps the fault lies with the writers?

:p

Look on the bright side, the tragedy of the Alola League then forced the PWC committee to install safety measures to keep the audiences safe - or for all we know, it's always been like that and Alola simply didn't have the budget, what with it being its first major tournament

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Tbh, unironically the Alola League really felt low budget in-universe compared to other leagues (which I guess makes sense since it's the region's first). Only one battlefield, having to use the Kahunas as referees, a single "pre-battle lobby" for all participants, and even the vs screen displays felt kinda cheap.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
As opposed to the zero seconds they had with all their other Pokémon once they've been let go lmao
One of the most out of character things they've done with Team Rocket was them leaving their Pokémon in the hq. I mean yeah, they could be forced to do it, but nothing stopped Wobbuffet from returning. Of course he's the "4th wheel", but never trying to get the others back or even mention them is extremely bad writing and/or lack of understanding of the characters.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
One of the most out of character things they've done with Team Rocket was them leaving their Pokémon in the hq. I mean yeah, they could be forced to do it, but nothing stopped Wobbuffet from returning. Of course he's the "4th wheel", but never trying to get the others back or even mention them is extremely bad writing and/or lack of understanding of the characters.
Welcome to the post DP series anime, where continuity has been out of whack since the beginning of BW.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Or they wanna market new Pokémon for the new gen and they don't wanna contrive a reason for every single Pokémon they have to be released each and every time so into HQ they go.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
We're just going to ignore the fact that Goh spent a whole night in front of Ash's desk with the trophies and the Z-Ring and never asked about it, even in Offscreenland. Good writing.
Considering how Ash and Pikachu were OoC on that episode, I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't in continuity anymore.

But who am I kidding? It's just Journeys and its inconsistent writting at play. Again.