• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fully Powered! The Alola Desert Island Race!! (1165)

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
We're just going to ignore the fact that Goh spent a whole night in front of Ash's desk with the trophies and the Z-Ring and never asked about it, even in Offscreenland. Good writing.
Reminder that Go's an introvert whose only reason for existing is meeting mew, so talking to people about their lives doesn't register as an option on his HUD

There's only Throw Poke Ball, Throw Poke Ball Faster, Throw Poke Ball (Spin), and Throw Poke Ball Harder

Well this was an exceedingly boring episode with subs. Not much really else to say. I did like the mentor aspect of the episode though.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Reminder that Go's an introvert whose only reason for existing is meeting mew, so talking to people about their lives doesn't register as an option on his HUD

There's only Throw Poke Ball, Throw Poke Ball Faster, Throw Poke Ball (Spin), and Throw Poke Ball Harder
You forgot "cry to ensure I relate to my Pokemon with social issues I didn't do much to fix in time."

wellwellwells

Is not popular.

Looks back at the Alola League. Stadium was jam-packed with people, so what do ya mean, not popular.
People went see the show, but literally 101 competed and the top 8 included an Eevee with only tackle at its disposal and Shiron whose most powerful move was Snow Powder, so…

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Hmm for the classmates, I could have only seen Kiawe and Lana joining this thing and even then, it feels like this episode didn't have enough time. The TRio were completely wasted until they got blasted off to Bewear's house.

Also... what the Pluck, Grookey. It literally got stopped by a banana.

I liked seeing Goh use Pyukumyuku and Boldore and Ash use Pikachu and Lucario. For a second, I though he was gonna send Dracovish out to search the lake from the bottom, but asking Lucario to use its aura was nice too.

Something that I loved about this episode (I was afraid it would happen) is that Ash didn't act too childish like he used to in Alola, on the contrary, he had fun but acted like a veteran.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
People went see the show, but literally 101 competed and the top 8 included an Eevee with only tackle at its disposal and Shiron whose most powerful move was Snow Powder, so…
151 competed, for one thing. Second, whole point of the Battle Royale round was to use strength, intelligence, or teamwork to make it through, not just strength alone.
Well, I played an arcade dance game (Pump It Up) and I live in Canada so I would have more chances to be in a higher ranking in a national tournament since there's less pro players than places like Mexico & South Korea where there's a lot of pro players and some of them are even high ranked worldwide, so yeah I can relate with the regional Pokemon league comparisons. Sure, they require the same level of skill but they also depend the number of high competent trainers that compete on them. Anyways, I'm fine about Ash being the Alola league champion but I just don't care about him as a character.
Not competing against a ton of others doesn't mean you aren't at their level. People gain experience at different rates. For all anyone knows, the strongest Trainer in the world may have never competed in a single League, whoever that mystery Trainer may be.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Was there any hard or soft confirmation or implication that the fraternal twins(?) were related to Kiawe? I know visually and aesthetically they look like they could be his cousins, who share some of the same phenotypical familial characteristics Kiawe does. But is this, again, hard or soft confirmed or implied at any point in this episode?

(I like their designs, honestly.)

Nope. I would just assume at best that they are from Akala Island like Kiawe.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Not competing against a ton of others doesn't mean you aren't at their level. People gain experience at different rates.
It didn't matter how close you're at their level when the competition is prized and you're out of the limited number of eligible players that can move on to the next round/ladder. And this isn't limited to an arcade tournament, top school admissions and job availabilities are like that too.

Sorry, I don't deny that the Alola league is an official one and that Ash deserved to be champion, but to say that every regional league with the same rules had the same level of difficulty, to me is like saying everywhere in the world is created equally. I just disagree.

Last edited:

Ryker101

Wow man, they really nailed that SM atmosphere with the race at the beginning. The music, presentations and setup really took me back. Loved the relationship between Ash and the boys; they praised him, he 'mentored' them (pretty funny how his explanation actually worked on them lol) and they went out of their way to save him.

There's so many little things this episode does well - champion status, using Lucario, Z-ring explanation, goh captures feeling organic, Ash's tactics of luring passimian in, TR reunion and lastly that Volkner tease at the end. Finally some inter-episode continuity! Albeit I would've liked more returning characters or acknowledgement of his champion status, but at least it's out there now. As a SM fan, I had a dumb grin throughout this episode man, well done. Great for a 'filler' episode. Really keen for Volkner next week.

D

Deleted member 384931

Found it weird the Trio didnt do their motto thingy for once.

And Gous Grookey is so... so... annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Kinda funny when you look at which people still try to claim Alola league wasnt a proper achievement lol, their reasonings are clear as day :p
Anyway love the anime is proving them wrong again and again and mentioning his champion status next episode when he faces a big crowd...almost as if that IS his biggest achievement as a trainer despite trolls claiming otherwise, love me some vindication
Like honestly im annoyed at people still trying to dismiss it. "Oh they didnt meet my requirements of having the announcer also announce it so guess its not a proper achievement after all, hur hur." They literally have two kids inspired by Ash who look upto him as a role model for his achievements and who he mentors and acts as a champion but sure, continue your dumb reasoning
Also @Twilight-Kun no offense but you either are the biggest troll (and not even good at it lol, just bait, guess I bit) or just genuinely have the worst watching comprehension Ive seen in my life
Should this be the Serebii.Net Forums slogan?

Yes or yes?
As much as I dislike the way you operate here atleast when you troll its funny, unlike the 'try hards' here :p

LazySpy

Kimty
Alright episode, but I really hate it when they show Ash trying to explain things and he's using onomatopeias as if he was unable to convey his thoughts like a normall person.

I get it that it's been apparently a part of his character in XY, but it's really stupid and painfully unfunny.