• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fumizuki Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo77

John Doe
[IMGSIZE=500x800]http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b564/Apollothemuse/FABanner_zpsa08c86ff.png[/IMGSIZE]​

Oh, hello there! Welcome to Fumizuki Academy, a place where the highly-skilled thrive, the less-skilled improve, and everyone betters himself while having a great time doing it. I am your Principal Apollo, and I, along with your Vice-Principal Lit, lead this place. Here, we pride ourselves on a different method of education, so that we learn to be the best we can be. Interested? Why don’t you join us here? We’re a rather laid-back institution, but there are still some basic rules to follow. You wouldn’t want to end up in remedial classes, would you?

Academy Code of Conduct

1. Follow all regular SPPf rules. That’s a given.
2. Absolutely no flaming, trolling, spamming, harassing, etc will be tolerated. We want to make this a relaxed and fun environment for everyone, antagonizing other members is not the way to do it. If you’re having a problem with someone, don’t post in the thread about it or go into a flame war on xat. PM me or Lit about it, or pc one of us on xat. I can guarantee you we’ll handle it a lot more appropriately than two people feuding with each other.
3. Guild hopping is not appreciated. Anyone who leaves the guild more than 3 times is expelled from the academy for good. If you do leave and rejoin later, you will be reinstated into your former class, but lose half (upon first rejoin) or all (upon second rejoin) of your rank and shop points.
4. The thread is for competitive related discussion. This means that things like asking for a battle or requesting a trade do not belong, nor do things that do not relate to competitive Pokemon. The xat is for these things, so that those types of conversations may be carried out much more smoothly and with far less clutter.
5. It is required that you post at least once a month, even if it is just an activity post, to let us know you’re there. If you don’t post for a month, you will be notified and will have a week to post, else be removed from the guild.
6. Have fun, that’s why we’re all here.
7. When posting a battle, use the form below.

Code:
Opponent’s Name:
Your Class:
Opponent’s Class:
Tier:
Score:
Notes:

So, with that out of the way, let’s talk a little about what makes us different.

The Fumizuki System

We’re not your ordinary guild, we like to run things a little differently here. Instead of your typical ranks, battlers are placed into classes which affect your experience here at the academy. Classes range from A-F, with an S class for Spectators and those waiting to be tested. Testing into a class consists of 3 battles in 3 different tiers: 1 in OU, 1 in a tier of your choice, and 1 in a tier of my choice. The test will be graded with 3 scores: Practicality, Refinement, and Adaptability, each based on one of the battles. The total of these 3 scores will be taken, and you will be placed into a class based on how you compare to everyone else. You can later switch classes with other battlers by challenging them when you have enough rank points. Classes are also reset when a new semester begins, which happens every 6 months.

Points and Rewards

Rank points are gained from battling, and once someone acquires enough points, they may use them to challenge someone in a higher class. If they are successful, the two battlers switch classes. If they are not, they must regain the necessary rank points and try again.

Shop points are also gained from battling, as well as other various tasks, and these can be used to purchase art, tutoring sessions, or other things from the guild store.

Battle Rewards Table

Table1_zps7ff56a78.png

Table2_zpsd0bccedd.png

Other Rewards Table

Table3_zpse8030f30.png

*Indicates a non-renewable reward

So, what are you waiting for? Are you ready to enroll? Great! We’ll just need your transfer papers...

Code:
Serebii Username (We need to make sure you have a pulse):
PO/PS Name (Whatever catches your fancy at the time):
3DS Friend Code (Lol wifi):
Battling Experience (Not that it matters, being god-awful is more fun):
Reason for Joining (Besides your lovely principal, of course):
PASBL level, if applicable (Always a fun thing to do):
Refferer (Pssst pick me! Pick me! Pick m- /shot):
Rate the spectacularness of this thread 1-10 (You know what to do):
And, for your first assignment- In as many words as necessary, develop the thesis that GameFreak is most certainly not sane when they create movesets. (Extra credit if you glorify Dunsparce):

Apollo77

John Doe
The Classes

Class A
FAClassAUserbar_zpsbdbbe2c8.png

You’re the creme de la creme of Fumizuki Academy, looked up to often and challenged by many. The lower classes will be trying to take your spot, teach them a lesson or two!

Class B
FAClassBUserbar_zpse5da9e89.png

You’re just a little bit away from the top now; your hard work has certainly paid off. Now take it one step further and take down Class A, but don’t forget to ward off the classes below you!

Plight of Leon

Class C
FAClassCUserbar_zps29941cae.png

You’re in the middle of the pack and are starting to make a name for yourself. Don’t slack off, else you’ll lose to the lower classes and all your work will go to waste!

EmeraldGoblin
Sparkbeat

Class D
FAClassDUserbar_zpse51335a0.png

You’ve finally put some distance between you and the bottom, but you know you can do even better. Continue to work for your rise to the top!

King Infernape the III

Class E
FAClassEUserbar_zpsff1d21ad.png

You’re not the absolute worst, but you still don’t command all that much respect. You have potential though, so go out there and show them what you’re made of!

Class F
FAClassFUserbar_zpse22f2c47.png

You’re at the bottom of the barrel here at the academy. You’re the lowest of the low; some may even call you an idiot. But you know better than that. Don’t just stand for it, prove them wrong!

Class S

Battling just isn’t your thing, you’d rather sit on the sidelines and enjoy it without the competition. Everyone respects you in a different sort of way, and that’s cool.

Last edited:

Apollo77

John Doe
[IMGSIZE=500x800]http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b564/Apollothemuse/FAWarBanner_zpsb05833eb.png[/IMGSIZE]​

War Team spots are separate from ranks. At the beginning of every 6-month “semester”, spots are chosen by Class Rank, and from there, everyone may challenge to gain a spot. Spots are hierarchical, and must be climbed one spot at a time, from the lowest substitute to War Team Captain. Challenges to a higher spot can be made successively until a loss, after which the challenger must then wait 3 days. Whoever holds the spots at the time of a war will be in the lineup in their spots, with some exceptions on occasion to make sure everyone gets in the rotation.

War Record: 0-0 (Current Streak: 0W)

War Team Members
Captain: Plight of Leon
Spot 2: Apollo77
Spot 3: EmeraldGoblin
Spot 4: Lost
Spot 5: Sparkbeat

Substitutes
Sub 1: King Infernape The III
Sub 2:
Sub 3:
Sub 4:
Sub 5:

Past Members:
-
-
-

Last edited:

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Fumizuki Shops

Welcome to the shops here at Fumizuki! We offer two things: Awesome art and tremendously helpful tutoring. Things here can be purchased with shop points.

Resident Artists: Apollo77, ---, ---

Apollo’s Sprite Shop

Xat Avatars: 15 Shop Points
Examples:
SparksMurkrow_zps4c7a0c0f.png

GersHeracrossAvi_zps7b1632fe.png

Code:
I'd like to request a [B]Xat Avatar[/B] from [B]Apollo77[/B]
Base Sprite: 
Colors: 
Text:
More Details:

Recolors: 30 Shop Points
Examples:
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b564/Apollothemuse/Sprites/DemonRed_zps37fc70df.png
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b564/Apollothemuse/Sprites/GersHeracross_zps4978e6b7.png
Code:
I'd like to request a [B]Recolor[/B] from [B]Apollo77[/B]
Base Sprite: (Be specific about what sprite it is or link) 
Colors: 
More Details:

Fusions: 45 Shop Points
Examples:
HentaiMonster_zps5f85b4e9.png

PikaClones_zpsef4d3628.png

Code:
I'd like to request a [B]Fusion [/B]from [B]Apollo77[/B]
Base Sprite: (Be specific about what sprite it is or link) 
Additional Sprites: (Up to 3)
More Details:

Custom Trainer Sprites: 60 Shop Points
Examples:
pokemon_trainer_okuni_by_apollo77-d65uzkz.gif

pokemon_trainer_shingen_by_apollo77-d5xi23s.gif

Code:
I'd like to request a [B]Custom Trainer Sprite[/B] from [B]Apollo77[/B]
Character you want me to make: (Must provide a link)
Base Sprite(s): (Be specific about what sprite it is or link)
More Details:

If you would like to apply to be an artist, send me a PM with some examples of what you can do and what you plan to charge.

Resident Tutors: ---,---,---

Anyone who is Class B or higher may apply as a tutor if they so desire.

Job Application

Code:
Serebii Username:
Job Wanted:
Reason for wanting the job:
Why do you deserve this job:

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Guild Tournaments & Events

Tournaments will be held in a class vs. class fashion, and the winning class will gain ranking points and shop points, as well as custom art. The person with the highest score in each class will be named Class Rep, and will lead his class in the tourney.

Other events such as CCATs, Nuzlockes, etc, will also be held from time to time. Whatever everyone’s up for, really. I'll also keep an archive here once our first event is completed.

(Also we're now open. I don't think App wants to reserve any posts so yeah...)

Plight of Leon

okay well i have a custom avvy now
Staff member
Serebii Username (We need to make sure you have a pulse): Plight of Leon
PO/PS Name (Whatever catches your fancy at the time): Lunatic Blaze (PS), blazeVA(PO)
3DS Friend Code (Lol wifi): No 3DS, sorry
Battling Experience (Not that it matters, being god-awful is more fun): Been playing comp for a few years, generally whatever interests me. I have quite a bit of experience in Gen V-VI OU, Gen V NU, and Gen V-VI UU. I also run a small metagame on UPN.
Reason for Joining (Besides your lovely principal, of course): Our lovely as hell Vice Principal
PASBL level, if applicable (Always a fun thing to do): TL3, B- ref, Ghost GT. Get rekt
Refferer (Pssst pick me! Pick me! Pick m- /shot): Lost
Rate the spectacularness of this thread 1-10 (You know what to do): 10i, its so spectacular you can't quantify it with real numbers
And, for your first assignment- In as many words as necessary, develop the thesis that GameFreak is most certainly not sane when they create movesets. (Extra credit if you glorify Dunsparce):

I could use many words, but I only need one sentence. Beeheyem gets Steel Wing. Also Dunsparce is glorious.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Serebii Username (We need to make sure you have a pulse): What's a pulse Sparkbeat
PO/PS Name (Whatever catches your fancy at the time): Something with Spark in it
3DS Friend Code (Lol wifi): 3995-6904-4191
Battling Experience (Not that it matters, being god-awful is more fun): You guys know
Reason for Joining (Besides your lovely principal, of course): ily guys
PASBL level, if applicable (Always a fun thing to do): TL2
Refferer (Pssst pick me! Pick me! Pick m- /shot): None
Rate the spectacularness of this thread 1-10 (You know what to do): 473 Krowmons + 1 Krowmon in thread out of 392 River Deltas

Krowmons don't get Air Slash. Dunsparce master race!

EmeraldGoblin

Rehab, no. Dead.
Serebii Username (We need to make sure you have a pulse): EmeraldGoblin
PO/PS Name (Whatever catches your fancy at the time): EmeraldGoblin
3DS Friend Code (Lol wifi): Dont remember
Battling Experience (Not that it matters, being god-awful is more fun): Been playing comp for a few years, generally whatever interests me. I have quite a bit of experience in Gen IV-VI OU, Gen V RU, and Gen V UU.
Reason for Joining (Besides your lovely principal, of course): Ugh... totally tubular
PASBL level, if applicable (Always a fun thing to do): TL4
Refferer (Pssst pick me! Pick me! Pick m- /shot): N/A
Rate the spectacularness of this thread 1-10 (You know what to do): 6. Some of the userbars have white pixels that are driving me crazy <.<''
And, for your first assignment- In as many words as necessary, develop the thesis that GameFreak is most certainly not sane when they create movesets. (Extra credit if you glorify Dunsparce): I dont understand why we dont have more ball moves like fire ball.

Apollo77

John Doe
Serebii Username (We need to make sure you have a pulse): Plight of Leon
PO/PS Name (Whatever catches your fancy at the time): Lunatic Blaze (PS), blazeVA(PO)
3DS Friend Code (Lol wifi): No 3DS, sorry
Battling Experience (Not that it matters, being god-awful is more fun): Been playing comp for a few years, generally whatever interests me. I have quite a bit of experience in Gen V-VI OU, Gen V NU, and Gen V-VI UU. I also run a small metagame on UPN.
Reason for Joining (Besides your lovely principal, of course): Our lovely as hell Vice Principal
PASBL level, if applicable (Always a fun thing to do): TL3, B- ref, Ghost GT. Get rekt
Refferer (Pssst pick me! Pick me! Pick m- /shot): Lost
Rate the spectacularness of this thread 1-10 (You know what to do): 10i, its so spectacular you can't quantify it with real numbers

I could use many words, but I only need one sentence. Beeheyem gets Steel Wing. Also Dunsparce is glorious.

Serebii Username (We need to make sure you have a pulse): What's a pulse Sparkbeat
PO/PS Name (Whatever catches your fancy at the time): Something with Spark in it
3DS Friend Code (Lol wifi): 3995-6904-4191
Battling Experience (Not that it matters, being god-awful is more fun): You guys know
Reason for Joining (Besides your lovely principal, of course): ily guys
PASBL level, if applicable (Always a fun thing to do): TL2
Refferer (Pssst pick me! Pick me! Pick m- /shot): None
Rate the spectacularness of this thread 1-10 (You know what to do): 473 Krowmons + 1 Krowmon in thread out of 392 River Deltas

Krowmons don't get Air Slash. Dunsparce master race!

Serebii Username (We need to make sure you have a pulse): EmeraldGoblin
PO/PS Name (Whatever catches your fancy at the time): EmeraldGoblin
3DS Friend Code (Lol wifi): Dont remember
Battling Experience (Not that it matters, being god-awful is more fun): Been playing comp for a few years, generally whatever interests me. I have quite a bit of experience in Gen IV-VI OU, Gen V RU, and Gen V UU.
Reason for Joining (Besides your lovely principal, of course): Ugh... totally tubular
PASBL level, if applicable (Always a fun thing to do): TL4
Refferer (Pssst pick me! Pick me! Pick m- /shot): N/A
Rate the spectacularness of this thread 1-10 (You know what to do): 6. Some of the userbars have white pixels that are driving me crazy <.<''
And, for your first assignment- In as many words as necessary, develop the thesis that GameFreak is most certainly not sane when they create movesets. (Extra credit if you glorify Dunsparce): I dont understand why we dont have more ball moves like fire ball.

You're all fabulous and accepted. Welcome to the academy!

Plight of Leon

Staff member
So, what do people think about the new Megas released in ORAS?

Mega Sceptile: This thing is going to be an offensive monster. The ability to easily clean teams after a Lightningrod boost, as well as having the capacity to do a viable mixed set gives Mega Sceptile a lot of oppurtunity. It's sadly weak to Ice Shard and it can't abuse Unburden as a Sceptile (if it could, imagine how terrifying a +2 +1 +2 Mega Sceptile would be). He'll be OU for sure, and a really good mega.

Mega Swampert: Very nice bulk for a Swift Swimmer, he can also run Hammer Arm for Ferrothorn with little to no issues. He's going to be amazing in VGC but probably mediocre in singles. Will probably make a nice defensive pivot, but I don't see him replacing other things like Mega Venusaur.

Mega Diancee: She'll probably get a massive boost to her Sp.Atk followed by boosts to her bulk. A Mega forme like this would turn her into a special tank. It would hard counter the latis, and other specially offensive Pokemon bar Heatran with Flash Cannon. Definitely has the potential to be good.

Apollo77

John Doe
>New Megas

Mega Sceptile is definitely the most interesting here, sporting the Grass/Dragon typing we all secretly wish Serperior got. Sure, he's weak as hell to ice and Death!Bird, but that's really only 1 mon on the opponent's team. Rotom-W's are gonna have to think twice about Volt-Switching all over the place, and may start running HP ice like they did last gen. (At least I did, anyway). Sceptile already has pretty good stats and a decent movepool, a boost will make him fearsome.

God, how broken Mega Swampert would be if weather was still permanent... Sadly, it's not, and with a lack of good boosting moves I don't see him being a metagame sweeper. I mean, I suppose after a Curse boost in rain he's at +1, +1, but with sand as the "dominant" weather getting set up in rain will be a tough task. Were he to opt not to set up, I still think something like Ferro will be a problem, avoiding a OHKO from hammer arm and hitting back with Power Whip. I'd love to slap a Choice Band on his boosted stats, but the Mega Stone makes that impossible. So, what do I want to do with him? I suppose he'll end up being a bulky pivot again, but will once again remain in UU.

Mega Diancie... Now here's something interesting. She already has great defensive stats, so with a little offensive boost she could go quite a long way. I actually think it might go towards Attack and not Special Attack, since Diamond Storm is physical. But either way it'll be good. I'd like to see how she fares in the current meta as it is before her mega comes out; that'll give us all a better idea of how she plays.

Anyone speculating any other megas to be released? here's to Mega Luvdisc

Plight of Leon

Staff member
Mega Sableye is one possibility, though if that happens I think I might just stop comp since that sounds like the most annoying thing ever. I'm curious if we get a Mega Rayquaza or something similar.

Apollo77

John Doe
Mega Sableye certainly sounds like a nuisance, plus as its Mawile's version exclusive counterpart its plausible. We'll probably end up with a Primal or whatever Rayquaza to match Kyogre and Groudon. Some things I'm wishing for right now include a Dragon/Fairy MegaAltaria, MegaMetagross, and for some reason, MegaHariyama.

Apollo77

John Doe
Test results for EG

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/battletower-ou-296881
Game 1 (OU): Pretty even match, but you made a really costly mistake when you sacrificed Latias, forgetting about Mold Breaker on MegaGyarados. I also managed to win the hazard control battle, which proved important as it allowed Mandi to finish off MegaPinsir. Good game overall, I'll give you... 60 out of 100.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battletower-lc-296897
Game 2 (My tier, LC): You beat me, but with two Hydro Misses for me, you probably wouldn't have otherwise. That aside, I noticed some team building errors, such as Expert Belt Aerial Ace Fletchling, and both Knock Off and Payback on Timburr. Magnet Pull Magnemite caught me by surprise, since most people use Sturdy+Berry Juice, but it worked so nothing wrong there. I think I'll give you... 65 out of 100.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-131121699
Game 3 (Your tier, UU): You swept me with Volcarona (who's a broken piece of crap in UU), which shows you keep up with the tier, as Volc was recently put there. Other than that, there wasn't much to notice, other than a little bit of hax/lag both ways; you seem to know what you're doing in the tier pretty well. This merits you... 85 put of 100.

Practicality: 60
Refinement: 85
Adaptability: 65

Total: 210

Since I haven't tested anyone else to compare you to, you will be placed in (subject to change)...

Class C! Feel free to add in the userbar from the OP!

Plight of Leon

Staff member
Congrats on the C rank EG!

Now to hope I don't do horribly on mine. Knock Off in LC is ridiculous and I don't like it.

Apollo77

John Doe
Test Results for Blaze

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/omega-ou-496
Game 1 (OU): I really liked your team here, your defensive core proved to be tough to get around. I was forced to play a bit aggressive and ended up making some mistakes. The few slip-ups you did make were easily recovered from. You played a great game and therefore deserve... 85 out of 100.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/omega-lc-49 (apparently didn't get saved)
Game 2 (My tier, LC): You may have had no prior experience, but you still threw together a decent team, although lacking in overall synergy. You did try to burn a Guts Timburr, which might have really hurt you if that had hit. I was also surprised my Larvesta outsped your Mienfoo, then again it may just be me not remembering things. Plus, I didn't actually switch in Tirtouga the entire match, which, if allowed to set up, might have swept most of your team. All things considered, you get...55 out of 100.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/omega-gen5ou-500
Game 3 (Your tier, Gen V OU): This was a rather fun weather war. Even though I brought a haxy team, you minimized the chances for it occur by either neutralizing the rain or bringing in pressure. I also really didn't have a good answer for Terrakion, which proved costly. I do think you coulda played Wobbuffet a little better though. Overall, you really didn't give me a chance to set anything up, and built a very balanced and efficient team. This gives you... 80 out of 100.

Practicality: 85
Refinement: 80
Adaptability: 55

Total: 240

Comparing this to your other classmates, you are hereby awarded the rank of...

Class B! Feel free to add in the userbar in the OP to your sig!

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Serebii Username (We need to make sure you have a pulse): King Infernape the III
PO/PS Name (Whatever catches your fancy at the time): Kitt 2000
3DS Friend Code (Lol wifi): Hahaha... no, I'm so bad at breeding. Maybe in the future...
Battling Experience (Not that it matters, being god-awful is more fun): 4/10 (10 being the best)
Reason for Joining (Besides your lovely principal, of course): I noticed it and needed a guild.
PASBL level, if applicable (Always a fun thing to do): Level one.
Refferer (Pssst pick me! Pick me! Pick m- /shot): Sparkbeat
Rate the spectacularness of this thread 1-10 (You know what to do): 0, it is with 1 being the best, right?
And, for your first assignment- In as many words as necessary, develop the thesis that GameFreak is most certainly not sane when they create movesets. (Extra credit if you glorify Dunsparce): Delibird. Has the same ability twice. But they gave it a different name.
Oh, and while many people count out Dunsparce, don't forget that it has Serene Grace. It's a little Togekiss! T-wave+Headbutt=the exact same amout of hax as togekiss.

Apollo77

John Doe
Serebii Username (We need to make sure you have a pulse): King Infernape the III
PO/PS Name (Whatever catches your fancy at the time): Kitt 2000
3DS Friend Code (Lol wifi): Hahaha... no, I'm so bad at breeding. Maybe in the future...
Battling Experience (Not that it matters, being god-awful is more fun): 4/10 (10 being the best)
Reason for Joining (Besides your lovely principal, of course): I noticed it and needed a guild.
PASBL level, if applicable (Always a fun thing to do): Level one.
Refferer (Pssst pick me! Pick me! Pick m- /shot): Sparkbeat
Rate the spectacularness of this thread 1-10 (You know what to do): 0, it is with 1 being the best, right?
And, for your first assignment- In as many words as necessary, develop the thesis that GameFreak is most certainly not sane when they create movesets. (Extra credit if you glorify Dunsparce): Delibird. Has the same ability twice. But they gave it a different name.
Oh, and while many people count out Dunsparce, don't forget that it has Serene Grace. It's a little Togekiss! T-wave+Headbutt=the exact same amout of hax as togekiss.

Accepted, welcome to the academy! I apologize that the xat is dead for the time being, but you can always vm me or Lit to schedule a test battle.

Also, a heads-up to everyone, I'll be away on vacation for about a week starting Tuesday and will have little to no serebii access. Direct all stuff to Lit while I'm gone (sorry Lit! :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.