1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Fumizuki Academy

Discussion in 'Pokémon Guilds' started by Apollo77, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apollo77

Apollo77 John Doe

Test Results for Spark

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battletower-ou-297086
    Game 1 (OU): Well, you're rusty, and sadly it shows. You sacrificed both Latias and Garchomp to Mega Gyarados before sending in Conk. Also not sure why you were willing to send Zard in when rocks were up. However, I realize that my team literally hard countered yours. With that in mind, you get... 55 out of 100.
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battletower-ru-297093
    Game 2 (Your tier, RU): Your teambuild was kinda HO-ish and didn't have the glue to hold it together. You really didn't have an answer for Sharpedo and were forced to both sacrifice and take heavy damage to a sweeper. You also misread and assumed Jolteon was choiced, leading to the loss of your Gligar. Despite this, you actually held your own and made it close. This gives you... 70 out of 100.
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/battletower-skybattles-297095
    Game 3 (My tier, Sky Battles): This was interesting. On one hand, your team failed to prevent Stealth Rock or remove it throughout the match, which is very important in Sky Battles. On the other hand, you ran a team far different from the meta, rendering my anti-meta team fairly useless. (Lol Ninjask). You did get some luck that helped you, but you came out with a big win. I think you should get... 80 out of 100.

Practicality: 55
    Refinement: 70
    Adaptability: 80

Total: 205

Comparing this to your other classmates, you are hereby awarded the rank of...

Class C! Feel free to add in the userbar in the OP to your sig!

----------

And yes, yes they did EG. Thank The Lord.

2. adroit

adroit New Member

Serebii Username (We need to make sure you have a pulse): adroit
    PO/PS Name (Whatever catches your fancy at the time): N/A
    3DS Friend Code (Lol wifi): 0061-1556-1299
    Battling Experience (Not that it matters, being god-awful is more fun): 700+ link battles over Battle Spot, 350+ Wins
    Reason for Joining (Besides your lovely principal, of course): I want to make new friends.
    PASBL level, if applicable (Always a fun thing to do): N/A (I have no idea what that is.)
    Refferer (Pssst pick me! Pick me! Pick m- /shot): N/A
    Rate the spectacularness of this thread 1-10 (You know what to do): 7
    And, for your first assignment- In as many words as necessary, develop the thesis that GameFreak is most certainly not sane when they create movesets. (Extra credit if you glorify Dunsparce): GameFreak is not sane because Mega Kangaskhan exists.

3. Apollo77

Apollo77 John Doe

Accepted, welcome to the academy! It looks like you're more of a wifi battler than a simulator battler, which is fine, but I do encourage you to try simulators because they're what the majority of the serebii competitive section uses for guild wars and tournaments. Anyways, our xat is dead for the time being, but you can always vm me or Lit to schedule a test battle.

4. Kitt Geekazaru

Kitt Geekazaru Infernape Trainer

I battled Apollo and lost 3-0. He is going to post it soon. This is more of an activity post than anything...
    Also, to my knowledge the guild owners can post multiple times in a row as it is their guild.

5. Apollo77

Apollo77 John Doe

Test Results for Kitt

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battletower-ou-298012
    Game 1 (OU): Unfortunately there were a lot of flaws in both your team and your gameplay here. First off, Endeavor is a very risky and situational move, and really didn't do you any favors, since I had no intention of staying in, expecting you to switch out. Your Tyranitar also should have Sand Stream and not Unnerve as its ability, even if you plan to Mega. The reason being if you're coming in on a switch, without Sand Stream you lose out on the Sp. Def boost. Having Stone Edge as your only reliable attacking move is also a bad idea, it leaves you walled by far too much. If you want to keep the ParaShuffler Role, which did take me by surprise, I would put Stealth Rock on something else, possibly Infernape. Next, your Greninja. I really don't like physical Greninja, but it's not a bad thing. You NEED to have Life Orb with it though, otherwise it simply lacks the necessary power. Using Power Herb just to have a one time Dig isn't worth it. And why you didn't switch out when you realized you were getting nowhere on Ferrothorn, I don't understand. Come to think of it, you didn't switch once this entire match. Switching is a vital part of the game to make sure you're not getting smacked by bad matchups. You did it in later matches, though, so I know you know how. Lastly, using Hitmonlee as your hazard control isn't great, because he's sorely outclassed as a Spinner by many other mons, including directly by Hitmontop. (I'm sorry for being harsh here, but I hope you can use this criticism to fix teambuilding mistakes in the future). This match gives you... 40 out of 100.
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battletower-smogondoubles-298013
    Game 2 (Your Tier, Smogon Doubles): For my first ever doubles match, this was very interesting. Your use of the TerraCott strategy right off the bat was both good, because it shows you think in a Doubles way, but also not so good, because it can be countered and leave you at a disadvantage. Paralyzing Terrakion shut it down, and there's nothing Whimsicott could do. Even if you had gotten Rock Slide off, Mawile resists it and Thundurus was sashed. Oh, and once again, Endeavor isn't great. Whimsicott could use more support moves over that. You showed good use of area moves, with Heat Wave on Zard, Muddy Water on Gastro, and even Snarl on Manectric, but you had very little in the way of defensive moves like Protect, Wide Guard, and Fake Out, which disrupt the opponent's strategy and help ensure yours works. Also, Sap Sipper Azu is risky, because without the boost, it really can't hit things hard off base 50 attack. All in all, you played pretty well, though, so I'll give you... 70 out of 100.
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battletower-lc-298014
    Game 3 (My Tier, LC): You've never played LC before, but didn't do all too bad having not done so. Staying in with Aron against Timburr was a big mistake, you were definitely better off saving that for later. Likewise, staying in with Timburr against Spritzee had the same results. Not carrying Fire Punch on Munchlax hurt against Ferroseed, who is the sole purpose of why Lax carries the move. After having lost some important pieces it ended up just coming down to that you didn't have an answer for some of my mons without taking huge damage. You really weren't planning ahead though, which led to that point. Overall it wasn't a bad performance, but with the team matchup you could've potentially done better, so you deserve... 60 out of 100

Practicality: 40
    Refinement: 70
    Adaptability: 60

Total Score: 170

Comparing this to your other classmates, you are hereby awarded the rank of...

Class D! Feel free to add in the userbar in the OP into your sig!

---

I actually don't believe I can double post, because Kots had asked for filler posts many times back in CC. It's something to look at, I guess.

6. Plight of Leon

Plight of Leon custom avatar please

>Volcarona being bumped to BL

I think everyone saw the handwriting on the wall there. It's bulk is decent (which is why I always say bulky Volcarona is the best set) and its coverage options are wide and pretty good. I'm not crying cause its out of UU, imo it should have happened.

Anyone know what they are suspect testing in RU? Also, what do people think about the Deo suspect tests?

7. Liltwick

Liltwick Life Cheating Game

Alright, since this is a bit lifeless ATM, App and I decided to start our first CCAT! Considering this is our first one, we'll make a simple XY OU team... With a twist. I want everyone to nominate an under appreciated, yet effective set for an OU Mon. Give us details, and why it works. After the nominations, we'll vote on the team's "ace"

Alright kids, let's have fun. Do the academy proud!

8. Plight of Leon

Plight of Leon custom avatar please

I'll be the first one to start off:

Talonflame @ Leftovers
    Ability: Gale Wings
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 248 HP / 148 Atk / 122 Spe
    -Substitute
    -Bulk Up
    -Roost
    -Brave Bird

This set plays upon a similar set for Braviary: The Flying is a great type for coverage mono-attacking wise and this set aims to not only improve its power, but its staying ability. After a couple of Bulk Ups, Talonflame can sit on any physical attacker, and in addition, this set allows Talonflame so very easy set-up opportunities, like Mandibuzz w/o Foul Play or any Gliscor set. The EVs can be tweaked to your liking but I personally have them to outspeed Terrak by one point, max HP for bulk, and the rest into Attack for more bite. This set does require more team support than other Talonflame sets but it can easily be just as effective.

9. Apollo77

Apollo77 John Doe

I was gonna do Offensive Deo-D for the lulz but this is just as funny:

[​IMG]
    Ferrothorn @ Choice Band
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    Nature: Brave
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Sp. Def
    IVs: 0 Spe
    -Gyro Ball
    -Power Whip
    -Bulldoze
    -Spikes / Explosion

Meet Choice Band Ferrothorn, the world's most underrated attacker. Brought back from the depths of Gen V, here's to showing that despite new threats this set can still work. A Choice Band on a very usable 94 Base Attack is nothing to sneeze at, as it OHKO's or 2HKO's many common Pokémon in the metagame. Gyro Ball takes out things like Clefable, Sylveon, and Mamoswine, and even has a chance to OHKO Garchomp without defensive investment. Power Whip hits some of the slower or Gyro Ball resistant mons, such as Azumarill, Quagsire, and Rotom-W. Most of what resists Ferro's STABs is hit super-effectively by Ground, so Bulldoze takes care of things like Heatran and Magnezone on the switch. The last spot is up to personal preference; Spikes can make Ferro at least do one thing like a regular Ferro if its offenses prove impotent against the opponent's team, while Explosion lets it go out with a bang and possibly take out another mon with it. Ferro is different from other CB users because it has the bulk to take some hits and retaliate multiple times. But without a doubt, the best part of this set is the surprise factor. No one expects this from a Ferrothorn, so you can really get away with a lot. So with the right team around it, Ferro can really do a lot of damage.

-------

On another note, I'm going to use the classes assigned so far as a basis for a war team lineup, so that we can begin warring some other small guilds. Once I do post said lineup, anyone may feel free to challenge someone else for the spot ahead of them.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  10. Sparkbeat

Sparkbeat FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!

In RU, Shuckle is being suspected since ShuckOffense dominated the ladder during the Frosslass test. Mental Herb preventing Taunting for a turn, the inability to be OHKO'd by anything besides a CB Rhyperior's Rock Blast hitting five time, the ability to lay down both Stealth Rocks and Sticky Web, and access to moves like Encore to allow teammates to set up have been the main reasons for the test. Much like DeoSharp in OU, Shuckle + Defiant Braviary + Doublade has become a very powerful core since Shuckle gets hazards down, Scarf Braviary scares the opponent out of Defoging, and Doublade takes on pretty much every spinner in the tier very well.

11. EmeraldGoblin

EmeraldGoblin Rehab, no. Dead.

we have to ward off the evils of cipher O___O

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  12. Apollo77

Apollo77 John Doe

All in good time, my friend. All in good time. (Cuz, yknow, they aren't even open yet.)

On that note, we will need a war team if we're going to war anyone. So, using your practicality scores from your tests (since OU is the most common war tier) and factoring in myself and Lit where I see fit, I present to you all our preliminary war team!

War Captain: Blaze
    2nd Spot: Apollo
    3rd Spot: EG
    4th Spot: Lit
    5th Spot: Spark

1st Sub: Kitt

Keep in mind that these spots are only temporary because you can challenge the member above you for their spot. (You must wait 3 days after a loss.)

And guys who haven't yet done so get your submissions in for the CCAT! *glares*

13. EmeraldGoblin

EmeraldGoblin Rehab, no. Dead.

Has anyone else though of the possibility of Primal Dialga? O:

14. Apollo77

Apollo77 John Doe

That indeed would be pretty awesome, but idk if how the Japanese translates over supports the similarities of the new primal legendaries to primal Dialga. Like how in Japanese Sucker Punch isn't even a punch.

And to urge Lit to submit his CCAT set already, and to get anyone else who'd like to submit to do so as well, I'm gonna ask all sets to be submitted by tomorrow, at about 9:00 PM Eastern Time, so we can get to the voting.

15. adroit

adroit New Member

I will go on a vacation starting on July 19th. I won't have Internet access. Just a heads up.

16. Apollo77

Apollo77 John Doe

Okay I was really hoping we'd get some other sets but I guess not, so I'll be closing the round for nominations. Voting now begins for either my or Blaze's set.

17. Apollo77

Apollo77 John Doe

Alrighty then so I'm gonna close this down. I take near full responsibility for this guild failing, because I rushed into things and didn't help us get an active member base from the start. Sometime in the future I may try again, but as for bnow, I'm sorry this sucked.

For anyone here who still cares about comp, I will end up in one of two guilds within the next week, so if you're interested in sticking with me keep an eye out.

Miror/Sena/whoever else, you can close this thread whenever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.