• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fun in the OU

zerozoner

I originally made this team around having a sweeping Arcanine (Cause he's awesome) and I found some other guys that supported him well or could work off the Ninjask BP strategy and some how a team came out of it. This team has some problems, but it has been working well for me so I'd like some second opinions on it.

291.png

Ninjask (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor

Ninjask is the annoying insect that BP related teams love to use. Ninjask gives a free speed boost to whom ever recieves the BP, Sword Dance is an added bonus that can make this annoyance dangerous, BPing a sub is always a nice things so that's why I'm using it instead of Protect.

59.png

Arcanine (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Flash Fire/Intimidate
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz

Originally the star of this team Arcanine has a diverse move pool and some nice abilities to chose from (I'm still trying to decide which one I like best). Close Combat and Crunch give perfect coverage, with Wild Charge covering Arcanine's Water weakness and Flare Blitz being the STAB that can tear through anything. Arcanine lacks speed and to a lesser extent Atk which a single BP can fix easily.

359.png

Absol (M) @ Zoom Lens
Trait: Super Luck
- Night Slash
- Superpower
- Psycho Cut
- Stone Edge

This guy has become the real star of my team and with a boost in speed, and high Hax rate of crits nothing is safe. Perfect coverage+1/3 chance of scoring a critical hit+Stone Edge and Psycho Cut leave not much to be desired. Absol's one problem lies in Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave, but if a Sub gets passed on Absol gets a free buffer.

212.png

Scizor (M) @ Muscle Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

do I need to say anything about this standard SD Scizor set? Scizor doesn't need any BP to start wreaking havoc on Sand and Hail teams. Scizor is just an excellent sweeper by himself, I was considering Lucario, but his lack of def stats makes it to hard to switch in.

381.png

Latios (M) @ Wise Glasses
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Latios with Modest nature just need a single speed boost to lay everything in his path to waste. Once again not much is new with this set it just has a little more power to it.

474.png

Porygon-Z @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Porygon like Latios is deadly at sweeping from the special side, I just haven't ever really had to use him on this team, so I don't know how well he works with the over all strategy.​

Last edited:

Phoopes

There it is.
Ninjask: Replace Leftovers with Focus Sash. Ninjask has awful defenses, and will most likely get one-shoted by anything remotely powerful.
Arcanine: Go with Flash Fire. You can switch in on those attacks aimed at your Scizor and get a good boost from that.
Absol: Eh... seems a bit gimmicky, and you really rely on luck. But if it works for you, I guess go ahead. There's probably something that make a bigger impact in this slot though.
Scizor: Looks pretty good, though I would suggest Leftovers since you're not recovering with Roost.
Latios: Looks good. Keeping it how it is would be fine, but I'd suggest Thunderbolt over Hidden Power and Life Orb over Wise Glasses.
Porygon-Z: I can't really say much about this, because I've never used Porygon-Z nor have I faced it much.

Overall, the team looks like it would be pretty average. The changes I suggested could make it better, though.

Psycho Cut

You're definetly going to need a spinner, what with Ninjask and, to a lesser extent, Arcanine on your team.

I'd also consider MB Espeon. Once your opponent realises it's a BP team (ie, when he sees your team on team preview), he's gonna bring all his taunters and phazers to bear, and probably break your chain. MB Espeon, to an extent, prevents him from doing this.

Finally, you need a protect/focus sash on Ninjask. Substitute is broken by icicle spear etc, protect isn't. With a sash and protect, you can pretty much guarantee a +2 Att and +3 Speed boost, if the passing is uninterrupted

Last edited:

zerozoner

thanks for posting your comments guys. I've tried the protect focus sash strategy before and it undeniably works but Leftovers lets Ninjask come in up to three time when SR are in play, but sub has been useless so I will use protect on him.

Secondly This team isn't completely dependent on BP (hence half of the team is fine on its own), but a BP is a nice boost regaurdless.

Lastly any suggestions for Absol or Porygon-Z cause it gives me some major fighting weakness that isn't really covered well.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
This team doesn't seem fit from OU. Ignoring completely the fact that most of these pokemon are lower tier, the team still has a huge rock weakness. Latios is basically carrying the team, being the only resist to Electric, Water, and (because Ninjask has the defense of wet paper) Fighting on your team. Arcanine and Absol are both very hard to sweep with unless you use baton pass, but I doubt you'll be able to use Ninjask more than once because of Stealth Rock. Priority also screws up your team, as a Mach Punch from a Conkeldurr will OHKO everything on your team but Latios after a single Bulk Up, no matter how many speed boosts you have.

Since I try to be constructive, here are my suggestions. First, drop Porygon-Z, because it's pretty much useless. Lucario makes an acceptable Nasty Plot-abusing replacement that will also help your team's Rock weakness. I honestly can't see a single reason besides ability that would lead you to use Arcanine over Infernape (which, incidentally, also lessens your Rock weakness), so I definitely support using Infernape instead. I guarantee that those changes will help your team.

PokeMaster366

Ninjask is the fastest non-legendary pokemon alive and is ruined by status problems so you should try to give it Substitute instead of Protect. You'll be able to get more life out of Speed Boost and if the opponent tries to cripple you with a status lead from the beginning, Ninjask will be setting enemy pokemon up for the chopping block in no time. This guy was probably the one that started the hype about banning Baton Pass from Competitive Play.

For Scizor, I'd suggest this:

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 100 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

It's mostly the same as yours, but it has some Spd EVs so it can outspeed opposing Scizor and some other slow Pokémon. Life Orb gives more power than Muscle Band. Maybe add a Life Orb on Latios, too.