• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fun Pokémon to use in-game

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Talk about some Pokémon that you find fun to use in game in Gen IV that some people might overlook on occasion.

Personally I wanna talk about Scyther in Platinum. It shows up after the third gym which is pretty good availability (especially with a fighting gym coming up) and immediately has really great stats for that point in the game. The main draw however is that it can come with technician and at the level caught is about to learn Wing Attack. You can only reliably match a 90 power STAB at this point in the game is if you’re doing a solo run or if you taught a ground type Earthquake, so this is a really good boon to using Scyther.

Once the flying typing becomes less useful to you, say around the 6th or 7th gym, you can trade evolve into Scizor as well. Not only is it awesome that there are genuine benefits to staying a Scyther and you can therefore strategically decide when you wanna evolve, but in general Scizor is excellent. You can immediately relearn bullet punch, and with technician + the boost to attack Scizor has over Scyther, it’ll come in to its own as a strong shiny new team member all over again.

Would highly recommend.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Perap (Chatot) was a fun novelty back when I played Diamond, mainly due to its move Chatter. I just loved recording my voice for that one move.
Oh yeah lol. I believe Nintendo removed that feature because of some "inappropriate" chatter online.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I say Rotom, it is faster than its appliance forms but doesn't hit hard, but I still enjoyed using it on my team. I wish the Move Tutor for Signal Beam wasn't unavailable before the Elite Four, though.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Oh yeah lol. I believe Nintendo removed that feature because of some "inappropriate" chatter online.

It's also the likely reason why Chatter was changed in 6th Gen to always land confusion on the opponent, though it was likely that the 3DS lacked a microphone feature. It's not too bad of a Pokemon in battle, and I have had tried it myself.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Personally I wanna talk about Scyther in Platinum. It shows up after the third gym which is pretty good availability (especially with a fighting gym coming up) and immediately has really great stats for that point in the game. The main draw however is that it can come with technician and at the level caught is about to learn Wing Attack. You can only reliably match a 90 power STAB at this point in the game is if you’re doing a solo run or if you taught a ground type Earthquake, so this is a really good boon to using Scyther.

Would highly recommend.

Same.
Caught one the other day, just happened to be Adamant w. Technician so I slapped it on my team. Happened to catch it right outside Solaceon so it was as useful as said. It’s been a powerhouse.

(If you have means to trade) Pikachu on HGSS is fun. I like electric types but didn’t want use the Flaffy line so I traded over a Light Ball Pika, I see why Red made it to the top lol.

Lack of Ghost types is disappointing. Not wanting to wait a week for Drifloon, and since I’ve used Gengar since time began; I opted for a ghost type I hadn’t use in Gen IV, Misdreavus. Might be a “poor man’s Gengar” but I love its design and it’s a Pokémon I hadn’t use in the current Gen. With Psybeam and Shadow Ball it’s only attacking moves atm, it’s still quite formidable.