• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fun With Babelfish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

soiya
For those that don't know Babelfish, I'll explain it.

Babelfish is an online translation website. It's normally used to help foreign people understand different languages, but it can obviously be used by anyone.

However, Babelfish can be used for comedic purposes. Allow me to show you an example. The following has been translated from English, to Japanese, and back to English.

The horsepower of lol covers Acupressure which is used by Drapion with the grass. The attack of Drapion rose clearly.
Chikorita used mud criticism. That extremeness is effective! Drapion lost healthy 11%. The accuracy of Drapion went down.

As you can see, very little of that makes sense. It translates to this.

xgina: lol hp grass
Drapion used Acupressure.
Drapion's attack was sharply raised.
Chikorita used Mud-Slap.
It's super effective!
Drapion lost 11% of its health.
Drapion's accuracy was lowered.

So, what is the point of this thread? Well, it's to post amusing things that have been translated. You'll need to go from English to the language of your choice, and back to English. (But make sure you state it like this: English --> Language --> English.)

Have fun.

xelada

original: go pokeball, catch that weedle now!
babelised: disappear the pokeball, hook this weedle now!

Spire

soiya
English
My name's George W. Bush, and I approve this message.

Tacos rule.

Babelfish (Japanese)
The George W. bush of my name, and I approve this message. You control the tacos.

Good to know.

Sharpedo Boy

< Don't take drugs!
Why did Henry VIII execute 2 of his wifes?

Greek:
????? Henry VIII ????*???? 2 ??? wifes ???;

arcanine lover

Whee........ *thonk*
Cheese is the great leveller.

Through Korean:
The cheese is the machine which selects the company one ground. The Korean language it leads,:

O___o Woah.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
I love Bill Cosby. Have you listened to the Bill Cosby rap?
*translates to Portugese*
I love the Cosby account. You he listened to the stroke of Cosby of the account?

Cool! I'm gonna do this again!

arcanine lover

Whee........ *thonk*
Remember, it's illegeal to lick doorknobs on other planets.

Through Russian:
You will recall, it will illegeal in order lick doorknobs on other planets.

Not so good.

xelada

Original: you want a pikachu or fries with that ego?
Babelised: you wish pikachu or the fritadas ones with that ego?

Original: Cheese will not hurt the dog, or my pies would be eaten by the man-eating goldfish.
Through Dutch: The cheese will not hurt the dog, or my torta by man eating goldfish is eaten.
Through French: The cheese will not wound the dog, or my meat pies would be eaten by the goldfish man-eater.
Through German: Cheese does not hurt the dog, or my cakes were eaten by the carnivorous Goldfish.
Through Spanish: The cheese will not hurt the dog, or my empanadas would be eaten by goldfish anthropophagous.
Through all: The cheese does not hurt the dog, or the cake of the mine by the man, who eats goldfish, eats.

Shadow_ninjask

Or is it the bagel?
...I'll try.

English:Mama Luigi and Chuck Norris equal one thing,and that would be utter mayhem involving bagels.
Portuguese: O mama Luigi e mandril Norris iguala uma coisa, e aquele seria mayhem total que envolve bagels.
Back to English:The Luigi breast and Norris mandril equal a thing, and that one would be mayhem total that involves bagels.

O.O Worth a few laughs.

Last edited:

Mystery Dragon Fang

It smells nice
english:if I was a babelfish I was a baby fish wich was extremely childish and kept playing with his toys…
english -> dutch: als ik een babelfish was was ik een babyvis wich was uiterst kinderachtig en hield speel met zijn speelgoed...
dutch -> french: si j'ai été un babelfish j'ai été un poisson de bébé wich ai été extrêmement enfantin et ai tenu joue avec son jouet...
french -> german: wenn ich ein babelfish war, war ich ein Babyfisch wich war extrem kindlich und gehalten Backe mit seinem Spielzeug...
german -> english: if I babelfish were, I was a baby fish yielded was extremely childlike and held cheek with its toy...

not much change, but still funny :p
BAD GRAMAR FTW

Spire

soiya
English ---> Japanese ---> English.

Original
Stalin is tightening its focus!
Sovereign switched in Weezing (lvl 100 Weezing ?).
Stalin used Focus Punch.
It's not very effective...
Weezing lost 49% of its health.
Stalin lost 10% of its health.
Weezing's Black Sludge restored a little health!
Weezing restored 6% of its health.

Translation
Stalin tightens the focus hard! As for sovereignty person Weezing (lvl 100 Weezing? ) With it converted. Stalin used the punch of the focus. Very is not that validity... Weezing lost healthy 49%. Stalin lost healthy 10%. The deposit whose Weezing is black a little did health as before! Weezing did healthy 6% as before.

Not bad.

The Lemonkraken

The Toad Man Shuffle
English > Spanish > English

Original
Kraken is angry. He will eat all the cheese pie loving Mudkips on Munchlax's belly-button.

Spanish
Kraken está enojado. Él va a comer a todos los amantes de tarta de queso Mudkips sobre Munchlax del vientre-botón.

Translated
Kraken is angry. He will eat all lovers of tart cheese Mudkips on Munchlax belly-button.

MaplePhanpy

Anywayz...
Original: Ganon ate my cake! Im going to beat him up!

Italian: Ganon has eaten my cake! Im that goes to strike it in on!

lol

The Lemonkraken

The Toad Man Shuffle
Original
LTM: Kraken acts like a whiny baby at times.
Kraken: No I don't
LTM: Yes, you do.
Kraken: I am manly. Manly people don't act like babies, especially sword fighters like me.
LTM: You are the worlds first whiny sword fighter.
Kraken: I am NOT whiny!!!!!!!!
LTM: You're acting like it right now.
*Kraken uses Flamethrower on LTM*
LTM: HA! Did you forget? I'm fireproof.
*Kraken turns into Arceus*
Kraken: I am not whiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Kraken turns back into a Dragonair*
Director Doughnut: Cut!!!!!!!!!! That was perfect!!!!!!!

Translated from Japanese
LTM: Like the baby of whiny occasionally functioning it does Kraken. Kraken: As for no me LTM: It is. Kraken: I seem the man. The people who the man seem do not act the baby, like the fighter plane of the especially sword like me. LTM: It is first the fighter plane of the sword of whiny of the world. Kraken: Whiny where am not I! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! As for LTM: That way now you have acted. * Kraken uses the flame thrower of LTM & LTM: Ha! Forgetting it is high. I am fire resistance. * It turns Kraken to Arceus * Kraken: Whiny where am not I! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! * It turns Kraken to the Dragonair * Doughnut director: Ardently the mouth! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! The perfection where is that! ! ! ! ! ! !

O_O

Korean: The person the pokemon assuredly 31 magical possibility it will be able to understand the thing when as the that and child game calling I hate it

English: I hate it when people call pokemon a kids game and that they could never understand that 31 is the magic number

Wow that almost makes sense.

MaplePhanpy

Anywayz...
Original: I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was,
To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause
I will travel across the land, searching far and wide
Teach Pokémon to understand, the power that's inside Pokémon,
Gotta catch em all,
If you ask me,
I know it's my destiny, Pokémon,
Oh, your my best friend,
In a world we must defend, Pokémon,
Gotta catch 'em all,
A heart so true,
Our courage will pull us through,
You teach me,
And I teach you, Pokémon,
Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all, Pokémon.

Every challenge along the way with courage I will face,
I will battle every day to claim my rightful place,
Come with me the time is right there's no better team,
On and on we'll win the fight it's always been our dream, Pokémon,
Gotta catch them all,
It's you and me,
I know it's my destiny, Pokémon,
Oh, your my best friend,
In a world we must defend, Pokémon,
Gotta catch 'em all,
A heart so true,
Our courage will pull us through,
You teach me,
And I teach you, Pokémon,
Gotta catch 'em all,
Gotta catch 'em all, Pokémon.

Jap: If you ask to me, I wanna everyone's thing way is best in order to train those, is, is and my substantial test, is those and I the land crosses my cause of travelling, catches, in order to understand, power that it is obtained in order to catch em of Pok3emon in entirely in order to teach Pok3emon widely my destiny, me has known that it is your my close friend of Pok3emon and Ohio state, you search directly, in the world as for us in order entirely, the center of A so to catch those, the truth Pok3emon which is obtained you must protect, as for our courage us It pulls, and me, Pok3emon which is obtained because everything catches those being able to obtain the fact that you catch, those which teaching me are taught entirely, Pok3emon. In all challenge middle of the courage to which I face, my lawful place it fights, time me of right in order to require as for me there is no good team from every day, you come, steadily we the fight which is our dreams always, it is you and I who win Pok3emon which is obtained in order to catch those entirely, that my destiny, as for me has known that it is your my close friend of Pok3emon and Ohio state, in the world as for us those entirely, the center of A, therefore truth in order to catch, Pok3emon which is obtained you must protect, as for our courage us It pulls, and me, Pok3emon which is obtained because everything catches those being able to obtain the fact that you catch, those which teaching me are taught entirely, Pok3emon.

Lol, Pok3emon and Ohio

Last edited:

xelada

English: I speak English well for a Korean.
Korean babelisation: I the Korean talk hazard English well.

The Lemonkraken

The Toad Man Shuffle
Original
Introducing...LTM & Kraken's really random post!!!!!!!!!!!
Starring LTM & Kraken!!!!!!!!!
*audience cheers*
LTM: Hello people and welcome to our post!
Kraken: Where we can be random all the time!!!!
*All of a sudden, F.C. Fred comes out of nowhere*
LTM: Introducing....F.C. Fred!!!!!!
*F.C. Fred tries to bow, but can't*
LTM: By the way, what does F.C. stand for?
F.C. Fred: Fried Chicken.
*LTM stares at F.C. Fred*
F.C. Fred: What? I can't help it if I was programmed to like fried chicken.
LTM: Of course.
Kraken: I feel like challenging someone to a duel.
LTM: Who do you want to challenge?
Kraken: F.C. Fred.
*Kraken takes of someone's glove & slaps F.C. Fred with it*
Kraken: I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
F.C. Fred: Aw crap. And I just got here.
*Kraken duels F.C. Fred*
F.C. Fred: Wah!!! This is a sword fight? I thought this was going to be a "pokemon" battle.
Kraken: NOPE!!!!!!
*F.C. Fred gets sliced in half by Kraken's sword*
F.C. Fred: Damnit!!!
*F.C. Fred pulls himself together*
F.C. Fred: Yes. I am a boy.
LTM: That's all the time we have. GOODBYE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!
Audience: Goodbye!!!!!

Japanese
... LTM and Kraken the optional post it brings really! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! LTM and Kraken of starring! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! * Applause & LTM: of audience Today people and welcome to our posts! Kraken: Us! ! ! When it is optional usual, the place where it is! * Suddenly, F.C. ???? comes LTM * suddenly: ... F.C Introduction. ????! ! ! ! ! ! * You try F.C. ???? but, * LTM it is not possible in the bow,: By the way, does F.C. stand because some? F.C. ????: The chicken which was fried. * LTM scrutinizes F.C. ???? & F.C. ????: What? As for me like the chicken which was fried when it is programmed, it is not possible to help that. LTM: Proper. Kraken: As for me the air which would like to challenge to someone in duel does. LTM: We would like to challenge to someone? Kraken: F.C. ????. * Glove and criticism F.C. ???? which have the acquisition that of someone's Kraken * Kraken: As for me duel! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! F.C. ???? which challenges: The junk of Aw. And I arrived here exactly. * As for Kraken F.C. ???? & F.C. ???? you duel: Wah! ! ! As for this the sword it sways? I this thought of that the fact that "pokemon" it sways is done. Kraken: NOPE! ! ! ! ! ! * F.C. ???? can being sliced at half the sword of Kraken's * by F.C. ????,: Damnit! ! ! * Him himself * F.C. ???? it pulls F.C. ???? together: It is. I am the boy. LTM: That has us always, is. Way if people! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Audience: Way if! ! ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.